PDA

View Full Version : Beer is Ten Bucks a Gallon.....

PPHSfan
04-08-2006, 11:52 AM
and Dasani water is $13.50 if you buy it in the 20 oz bottles.

Gas is CHEAP

Adidas410s
04-08-2006, 12:07 PM
you better not question the Godfather

RMAC
04-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

Gas is CHEAP

Are you in bed with the FAT CATS?

PPHSfan
04-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Are you in bed with the FAT CATS?

I have never slept with a Fat anything.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-08-2006, 06:20 PM

Gas is CHEAP

Yes, and you can drink tap water for a lot cheaper, and you don't have to drink beer. I think that it is safe to say that everybody needs gasoline and petroleum based products.

NHSRattler60
04-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Gas is actually kinda expensive. 32 dollars to fill a 15 gallon tank? that's messed up.

I remember when gas costed 1.75

PPHSfan
04-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60

I remember when gas costed 1.75

LOL,

I remember when it was 49.9

LH Panther Mom
04-08-2006, 07:13 PM
LOL,

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Crap, I'm old! I remember when it was always 33.9. :(

PhiI C
04-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Crap, I'm old! I remember when it was always 33.9. :(

I remember when everyone thought it was awful when gasoline reached 30 cents a gallon. And that was for premium!! :)

Leopards,class of 75
04-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Crap, I'm old! I remember when it was always 33.9. :( Same here! My first job was working for my uncle at a Texaco station. The price was 33.9 regular, and premium was 37.9. It was not that long ago when gas dropped back to 99.9, but didn't stay there long.

Aesculus gilmus
04-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Gasoline was really cheap in 1998, but the guy in office at the time got no credit for it. Instead, they were trying to hound him out of office for "not having sexual relations" with "that woman ... Miss Lewinsky."

I love it when they say "adjusted for inflation" gasoline is still a bargain. The problem with that is the average payckeck of Joe Workin' Man "adjusted for inflation" buys less than it did in the early 1970s. That is the point in American history when the middle class began to deteriorate. We are now stratified into superrich and peons. A large middle class is always a threat to the elite and cannot be tolerated for long. Good job, elite. You suceeded in destroying the middle class. Not only that, you fed the formerly middle class so full of propaganda that they still THINK they are middle class. No one ever admits to NOT being middle class.

sinton66
04-09-2006, 08:53 AM
LOL,

I remember when it could be bought for 19.9 in San Antonio back in the early 70's.

espn1
04-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I remember when it could be bought for 19.9 in San Antonio back in the early 70's. I didn't know they made gasoline in the 1870's.:D :D :D

PPHSfan
04-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gasoline was really cheap in 1998, but the guy in office at the time got no credit for it. Instead, they were trying to hound him out of office for "not having sexual relations" with "that woman ... Miss Lewinsky."

I love it when they say "adjusted for inflation" gasoline is still a bargain. The problem with that is the average payckeck of Joe Workin' Man "adjusted for inflation" buys less than it did in the early 1970s. That is the point in American history when the middle class began to deteriorate. We are now stratified into superrich and peons. A large middle class is always a threat to the elite and cannot be tolerated for long. Good job, elite. You suceeded in destroying the middle class. Not only that, you fed the formerly middle class so full of propaganda that they still THINK they are middle class. No one ever admits to NOT being middle class.

Man,

I sure am glad i am rich.:D

Ranger Mom
04-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Man,

I sure am glad i am rich.:D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Aesculus gilmus
04-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Here's how Texans (especially West Texans) will finally realize it's over.

When diesel and gas prices reach levels so outrageous that you and your fans can no longer afford the hundred-mile-or-greater round trips to play even your district opponents and so have to resort to intramural contests.

Ranger Mom
04-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Here's how Texans (especially West Texans) will finally realize it's over.

When diesel and gas prices reach levels so outrageous that you and your fans can no longer afford the hundred-mile-or-greater round trips to play even your district opponents and so have to resort to intramural contests.

Nah.....we will just carpool!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-09-2006, 08:19 PM

:clap:
It's good to see that someone on here actually realizes what is going on.

SWMustang
04-09-2006, 08:27 PM

How much do you have to make to be in the middle class?

Old Tiger
04-09-2006, 08:28 PM
first gas...
now beer...
what's next!?!?!

whtfbplaya
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM

If you really think that he was why gas prices were cheap for a while more power to you!:doh: :thinking:

spiveyrat
04-10-2006, 07:06 AM
The liberals are going amuck!!! :eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I would like to see how you can justify your opinion. You just randomly throw things out there all the time with no point or purpose other than to get under the Democrats' skin. The truth is that our conservative leadership has led to a downfall in our economy. You may be satisfied with the gas prices or the inflation rate, but I'm not, and I'm sure that the majority of America isn't. I wait for your miserable excuses as to why things are the way they are.

SintonFan
04-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I would like to see how you can justify your opinion. You just randomly throw things out there all the time with no point or purpose other than to get under the Democrats' skin. The truth is that our conservative leadership has led to a downfall in our economy. You may be satisfied with the gas prices or the inflation rate, but I'm not, and I'm sure that the majority of America isn't. I wait for your miserable excuses as to why things are the way they are.
Biggest bunch of horse pucky above.:rolleyes:

sww-bull52
04-10-2006, 02:55 PM

One word........GREED

Old Tiger
04-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I think the economy was better when Clinton was in office rather than when George W. Bush is going to leave it. I really don't care what people say, but you democrats and republicans will never see eye to eye with one another. So what's the point in butting heads or talking to a wall.

Aesculus gilmus
04-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
If you really think that he was why gas prices were cheap for a while more power to you!:doh: :thinking:

I didn't say he was. And I was no fan of Clinton or his wife, but I never thought I'd long for those days as I do now.

What honestly may be the reason gas prices are spiking here is the concept known as Peak Oil, which means we have reached the point at which half of all the oil ever discovered since Edwin L. Drake drilled the first producing well in Titusville, Pa., in 1859 has already been consumed.

I think few Americans even now are willing to admit this is possibly what is happening right now. Instead, they blame conspiring oil companies and OPEC.

I'll tell you what else got us to this point and that is that there has been so much sabotage and instability in Iraq compared with what was supposed to happen by now according to those who envisioned a "cakewalk" that oil exports from that country are only about half of what they were before 2003 when Iraq was under UN sanctions.

There's one other factor most people don't get and that is that we have spent more than 30 years now building up the Chinese (former President Bush was our first envoy there) so that they will be a good "market" for us. Instead, we are the good market for them. It's basically a one-way free trade relationship. They protect their market. And they are consuming more and more oil with each passing year.

So what I'm saying is that maybe there is no 'conspiracy" and maybe things are just going to get worse from now on and there is no "scapegoat" to take out of the herd to send into the wilderness to make things better.

PPHSfan
04-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
One word........GREED

Greed is what makes this country great.

If you are not a greedy conservative, I bet you work for one.

Bullaholic
04-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Greed is what makes this country great.

If you are not a greedy conservative, I bet you work for one.
Capitalist "pig"....How dare you champion the free enterprise system. If we listened to guys like you, everyone would be taking advantage of opportunity, growing their businesses, and hiring everyone else to make even more money---and then where would we be?

whtfbplaya
04-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Weedmaster is 25.50 a gallon

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I didn't say he was. And I was no fan of Clinton or his wife, but I never thought I'd long for those days as I do now.

What honestly may be the reason gas prices are spiking here is the concept known as Peak Oil, which means we have reached the point at which half of all the oil ever discovered since Edwin L. Drake drilled the first producing well in Titusville, Pa., in 1859 has already been consumed.

I think few Americans even now are willing to admit this is possibly what is happening right now. Instead, they blame conspiring oil companies and OPEC.

I'll tell you what else got us to this point and that is that there has been so much sabotage and instability in Iraq compared with what was supposed to happen by now according to those who envisioned a "cakewalk" that oil exports from that country are only about half of what they were before 2003 when Iraq was under UN sanctions.

There's one other factor most people don't get and that is that we have spent more than 30 years now building up the Chinese (former President Bush was our first envoy there) so that they will be a good "market" for us. Instead, we are the good market for them. It's basically a one-way free trade relationship. They protect their market. And they are consuming more and more oil with each passing year.

So what I'm saying is that maybe there is no 'conspiracy" and maybe things are just going to get worse from now on and there is no "scapegoat" to take out of the herd to send into the wilderness to make things better.

I agree with some of the things that you are saying, but the oil companies definately are conspiring to attain more money. If they are trying to use the fact that we are in the "Peak Oil" stage that you speak of, then you might be able to conclude that they are having to spend money on finding the oil and having a more difficult time drilling it. You would be wrong in that assessment. The number of oil companies are dwindling down as we speak, due to the fact that large oil companies such as ExxonMobil and Conoco-Phillips are buying out the smaller companies and monopolizing on the market. There is little that we can do, seeing as how OPEC is the governing body on overseas oil and I am assuming that the Sherman Antitrust Act can do little to prevent this, but research will tell you that approximately half of the cost of gasoline at the pump goes into state, local, and federal taxes. There are several examples of the major oil companies, the first being the fact that they recorded record profits over the previous year, and another being the fact that diesel costs more than regular unleaded gasoline. Once again, research will tell you that regular unleaded is a byproduct of diesel and has to be refined further to be produced, but it somehow ultimately costs less despite the increase in labor and production to attain it. Another reason for the increase in oil prices is that the population of the United States has been growing every day, causing an increase in the need for petroleum based products. One thing that has not increased have been the number of refineries that have been built since the early 1980s. This causes an increase in demand and a decrease in the supply available, which ultimately leads to an increase in price. Another thing that ties into all of this is the increasing inflation rate in the United State. The U.S. dollar once stood at the top of the world in the form of currency and having the highest value, but it has fallen in recent years. This has derived from the faultering United States economy. The cost of everything, from gasoline to milk has increased, but the minimum amount the working man can be paid is not. You can look at it however you want, but I for one look at who is in charge, and there is no doubt about what political party holds the ultimate leadership role in our nation.

Ranger Mom
04-10-2006, 08:45 PM
I agree with some of the things that you are saying, but the oil companies definately are conspiring to attain more money. If they are trying to use the fact that we are in the "Peak Oil" stage that you speak of, then you might be able to conclude that they are having to spend money on finding the oil and having a more difficult time drilling it. You would be wrong in that assessment. The number of oil companies are dwindling down as we speak, due to the fact that large oil companies such as ExxonMobil and Conoco-Phillips are buying out the smaller companies and monopolizing on the market. There is little that we can do, seeing as how OPEC is the governing body on overseas oil and I am assuming that the Sherman Antitrust Act can do little to prevent this, but research will tell you that approximately half of the cost of gasoline at the pump goes into state, local, and federal taxes. There are several examples of the major oil companies, the first being the fact that they recorded record profits over the previous year, and another being the fact that diesel costs more than regular unleaded gasoline. Once again, research will tell you that regular unleaded is a byproduct of diesel and has to be refined further to be produced, but it somehow ultimately costs less despite the increase in labor and production to attain it. Another reason for the increase in oil prices is that the population of the United States has been growing every day, causing an increase in the need for petroleum based products. One thing that has not increased have been the number of refineries that have been built since the early 1980s. This causes an increase in demand and a decrease in the supply available, which ultimately leads to an increase in price. Another thing that ties into all of this is the increasing inflation rate in the United State. The U.S. dollar once stood at the top of the world in the form of currency and having the highest value, but it has fallen in recent years. This has derived from the faultering United States economy. The cost of everything, from gasoline to milk has increased, but the minimum amount the working man can be paid is not. You can look at it however you want, but I for one look at who is in charge, and there is no doubt about what political party holds the ultimate leadership role in our nation.

What are you gonna be when you grow up?? Career wise, I mean?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Capitalist "pig"....How dare you champion the free enterprise system. If we listened to guys like you, everyone would be taking advantage of opportunity, growing their businesses, and hiring everyone else to make even more money---and then where would we be?
I can agree with what you are saying in a way. The American Dream was built upon achieving success and prosperity as an individual. I do think that people have taken that idea a little far. I do not agree with large corporations pushing the little man out who is trying to reach the dreams of their own. That is what greed is. There are people who have more money that they could ever spend in a lifetime, living a life of luxury, and there are people in our own country who are going hungry because they can't afford food. I know that you are going to stab back by saying that the majority of them are too lazy to get off their butts and do anything, and you are right, there are freeloaders in our society and it is a shame that the sweat of another person has to pay for their laziness, and I don't condone that or think that it is right, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere. The super rich are going to take away any opportunity for the common man to become anything more than they already are. This is apparent in companies outsourcing jobs and having layoffs to cut costs and maximize profit. This is apparent in corporate CEO's making millions of dollars, and having a man or a woman at the bottom of a totem pole barely making enough money to support themselves or their family. I think that American Dream has been tarnished by the greed of the few of "haves" who have tried to take away from the "have nots."

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That has yet to be determined.

SintonFan
04-10-2006, 09:05 PM
I heard CNN is looking for a new anchor.;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Yeah, sure....

SintonFan
04-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah, sure....
:p

Phantom Stang
04-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I have a feeling that if he keeps on keeping on, Big Blue Defensive End is likely to wind up making news... instead of just reporting it.

PPHSfan
04-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I can't help myself.

SintonFan
04-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I have a feeling that if he keeps on keeping on, Big Blue Defensive End is likely to wind up making news... instead of just reporting it.
Some of those guys are so mad the economy is good, they're almost Jody Foster-ish.:D

Phantom Stang
04-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh lord:doh:
I meant that he might be a politician one day.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Oh lord:doh:
I meant that he might be a politician one day.
I have actually been thinking about that a lot lately, but am still undecided.

SWMustang
04-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I have actually been thinking about that a lot lately, but am still undecided.

good luck to you if that's what you want to do. I believe most of the people in congress were good folks at one time. Then they got into politics and started doing whatever they thought would get them re-elected instead of what's right. bunch of sellouts

Old Tiger
04-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Gary would be just like Delay, lol j/k

SintonFan
04-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Gary would be just like Delay, lol j/k
That would be a compliment to say the least.:p
;)

Old Tiger
04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Maybe :confused: If you were gaining money from him:thinking:

SintonFan
04-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Have you read the news dude? The "indictments" against Delay were a witch-hunt and the prosecutor had to "jury shop". He had to go through like 5 grand juries to find the "right" one? It was pure political bs.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Have you read the news dude? The "indictments" against Delay were a witch-hunt and the prosecutor had to "jury shop". He had to go through like 5 grand juries to find the "right" one? It was pure political bs.
I really hope that you were being sarcastic, because if you aren't, you are truly uninformed.

SintonFan
04-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I really hope that you were being sarcastic, because if you aren't, you are truly uninformed.
lol G!
You should know when I'm serious and when I'm not.:p

spiveyrat
04-11-2006, 04:38 PM
You just randomly throw things out there all the time with no point or purpose other than to get under the Democrats' skin.

Looks like it's working too. :thumbsup:

The truth is that our conservative leadership has led to a downfall in our economy.

If you think this economy is bad, then it is YOU who are the truly misinformed one (not Sintonfan as you called him out). :rolleyes: You either have your head in the sand or CNN, The Washington Post, CBS etc (same difference) if you think this is a bad economy. This economy is rolling! Yes, oil prices are high. But that's the fault of demand and the enviro liberal wackos who have limited our ability to refine and drill. If fuel prices were lower... wow, staggers the imagination.

PPHSfan
04-11-2006, 05:45 PM
I love this economy we are enjoying at the moment. I made more money in the past six months, than I made in the last six years.

SintonFan
04-11-2006, 06:53 PM
I love this economy we are enjoying at the moment. I made more money in the past six months, than I made in the last six years.
Someone said you are hiring and looking to expand. Is that true? I would definately be interested.;)

SintonFan
04-11-2006, 06:57 PM
That one statement is sooo true. Their blind hatred of the leader of the free world might be because this nation is still somewhat free. Now they're pandering to illegals in Washington today not because they want a guest worker program, it's because they want a GUEST VOTER program.:eek: :thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Looks like it's working too. :thumbsup:

If you think this economy is bad, then it is YOU who are the truly misinformed one (not Sintonfan as you called him out). :rolleyes: You either have your head in the sand or CNN, The Washington Post, CBS etc (same difference) if you think this is a bad economy. This economy is rolling! Yes, oil prices are high. But that's the fault of demand and the enviro liberal wackos who have limited our ability to refine and drill. If fuel prices were lower... wow, staggers the imagination.

Wow, I cannot believe the words that you just wrote. The economy is rolling? Do you seriously believe that? I am debating right now whether or not it is worth arguing. Either you are blind as to what is truly going on in our economy, or you are in a state of denial because your conservative leadership has truly led to a downfall in our economy. The inflation rate in the United States is basis enough for an argument. The prices of all commodities are on the increase. What do you attribute that to? Is it because of our robust economy that the prices of everything are going up? Is it the fact that the once mighty United States dollar is losing its value? But you're right, our economy is great. Our economy is expanding so much that companies are outsourcing jobs to other nations. You're a joke. Go ahead, I expect you to place blame on the war in Iraq, the fact that the economy was in a recession whenever Bush took office, etc. One thing that I have realized is that you are always full of excuses as to why things are going the wrong way and denying the fact that they are.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 08:14 PM
That one statement is sooo true. Their blind hatred of the leader of the free world might be because this nation is still somewhat free. Now they're pandering to illegals in Washington today not because they want a guest worker program, it's because they want a GUEST VOTER program.:eek: :thumbsup:

Actually, I recall Bush wanting to open up the border to Mexico, but I could be mistaken. The bottom line is that all illegal immigrants, from whatever background or ethnicity, should be deported back to their native country. They came into our land illegally, demand health care, education, and all the rights of a United States citizen. If they were so desperate to gain a better way of life, they could have gained legal citizenship, learned a little of our history, learned our language, and became a member of our society. All of these support group leaders who are getting on television shows and being quoted in the newspaper as saying, "What would America do without immigrants," should ask themselves, "What would the immigrants do without America." That is where I stand on the subject.

PPHSfan
04-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Someone said you are hiring and looking to expand. Is that true? I would definately be interested.;)

You heard right. Email me a resume'.

SWMustang
04-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Actually, I recall Bush wanting to open up the border to Mexico, but I could be mistaken. The bottom line is that all illegal immigrants, from whatever background or ethnicity, should be deported back to their native country. They came into our land illegally, demand health care, education, and all the rights of a United States citizen. If they were so desperate to gain a better way of life, they could have gained legal citizenship, learned a little of our history, learned our language, and became a member of our society. All of these support group leaders who are getting on television shows and being quoted in the newspaper as saying, "What would America do without immigrants," should ask themselves, "What would the immigrants do without America." That is where I stand on the subject.

Even BBDE sees the problem with the border. Why can't this be fixed?

PPHSfan
04-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Even BBDE sees the problem with the border. Why can't this be fixed?

There is no border problem. Our economy is on fire. There are enough high paying jobs for EVERYONE who want's one.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 08:23 PM
There is no border problem. Our economy is on fire. There are enough high paying jobs for EVERYONE who want's one.
You personal success does not mean that everyone throughout the rest of the United States is achieving the same as you are. I for one am happy that you have started a successful business, and I wish you the best, but not everyone else in America is in the same economic position as you are.

SintonFan
04-11-2006, 09:00 PM
The inflation rate in the United States is basis enough for an argument.
Inflation rate? Is the inflation rate high or low? If the inflation rate is high, that my fren, is a sign of an over-robust economy. Is the rate too low? Then you might have something to talk about.
Look G. Stop listening to so-called NPR economist whose views on our nation and economy are very politically motivated. Don't take this wrong, you can be the smartest person in this great nation of ours, but sometimes it does take a little experience and wisdom to see through all BS you hear and see on the 5:30 "news" and on CNN. Shucks, I could write a 5000 word piece right now in response to what your have responded to spivey and me but I don't need to. You will grow out of your blind ambition one day or sic your older brother on us.:D j/k
I will say you are greatly misguided and truly do not understand this ecomony and nation like some of us more seasoned folks. Wisdom does take time. I do appreciate your diligence in your belief. Heck, it makes for entertaining times. Unfortunatley, you tend to blow things way out of proportion when it comes to our good leaders. I can make a full-time job out of setting the issues straight but I as a conservative don't have that kind of time. You see, I have to work for a living.
I know you do too, and are entitled to your own opinion, but I will exercise my right to my opinion and say your's is very very wrong.
:)

SintonFan
04-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Send it to FEMA right?
PM me!

PPHSfan
04-11-2006, 09:03 PM
BBDE,

I know that there are mitigating circumstances that cause exception to every rule. With that being said, I don't believe that there are too many folks who can't thrive in today's economy. Furthermore, I think that the only folks who complain about "drains" on our social system are folks who are "reliant" on that system. The fact of the matter is, that if we took off all of the so called "legal" Amercans, that don't really "need" welfare in this country, there would be a surplus of Cash that you could buy six pro football teams with, pay O.J.'s attorney bills, and still have enough left over to make Bill Gates look impoverished. I'm sorry if I sound cold hearted, but in the world that I was raised in, the only folks that don't succeed, are the ones that don't want to.

PPHSfan
04-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Send it to FEMA right?
PM me!

Man,

Don't put me in the same sentence at those BOZO's over at FEMA.

whtfbplaya
04-11-2006, 09:05 PM

Are you still making widgits?:D

PPHSfan
04-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Are you still making widgits?:D

Not just widgetsTHE WIDGETS

whtfbplaya
04-11-2006, 09:12 PM
PPHS do you remember the web sites that were on that thread called "View from PPHS fans front porch" This was about 3 or 4 years ago, but you could see pictures from space for any location?

Ranger Mom
04-11-2006, 09:13 PM
PPHS do you remember the web sites that were on that thread called "View from PPHS fans front porch" This was about 3 or 4 years ago, but you could see pictures from space for any location?

have you tried google earth?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Inflation rate? Is the inflation rate high or low? If the inflation rate is high, that my fren, is a sign of an over-robust economy. Is the rate too low? Then you might have something to talk about.
Look G. Stop listening to so-called NPR economist whose views on our nation and economy are very politically motivated. Don't take this wrong, you can be the smartest person in this great nation of ours, but sometimes it does take a little experience and wisdom to see through all BS you hear and see on the 5:30 "news" and on CNN. Shucks, I could write a 5000 word piece right now in response to what your have responded to spivey and me but I don't need to. You will grow out of your blind ambition one day or sic your older brother on us.:D j/k
I will say you are greatly misguided and truly do not understand this ecomony and nation like some of us more seasoned folks. Wisdom does take time. I do appreciate your diligence in your belief. Heck, it makes for entertaining times. Unfortunatley, you tend to blow things way out of proportion when it comes to our good leaders. I can make a full-time job out of setting the issues straight but I as a conservative don't have that kind of time. You see, I have to work for a living.
I know you do too, and are entitled to your own opinion, but I will exercise my right to my opinion and say your's is very very wrong.
:)

I think that your first assessment is completely incorrect. The inflation rate is too high, and has been for a long time. I can guarantee you that it is not due to the fact that we have a robust economy. Even I as an 18 year old can see that, and anybody with any common sense would realize that as well. I am also tired of you and everyone else saying that I deduct my political beliefs from the media. You cannot be any further from right. I very seldomly watch TV. Whenever I get home from my track workouts, it is at least 6:00 p.m., and I have obligations here at home that prevent me from relaxing until it is 7:30. You make it out as though I am brainwashed. I think that you are the one who is misguided and has had the wool pulled over your eyes. This great conservative leadership that you speak so highly of is caught up in the midst of turmoil with Tom DeLay as one example, and another as the lying and inconsistency of President George W. Bush. I don't pretent to know everything about the economy and how to make things right, but I can see that right now that things are far from the United States having an expanding economy. The nation is in debt, the inflation rate is up, the economy is spiraling downward. I don't see how those facts seem to slip your mind every five seconds and with every reply that you make. What is so good about all of that? Where is the good in our economy whenever the middle class is dissolving every day? Where is the good in our economy whenever we are becoming separated within groups of the super rich and the dirt poor? What good is our economy whenever a family cannot afford to buy a carton of milk, pay the mortgage, or be able to pay to drive back and forth to work? It is becoming increasingly difficult to support a family whenever the cost of all consumer goods and commodities is on the increase, but the average pay of the working man is not. Contrary to what you or PPHSfan say, there are people out there working their fingers to the bone trying to build a future for their families, and it is becoming almost impossible for them to achieve that. The American Dream is becoming a distant idea in the past, the only thing that will soon be on the mind of many people is how they are going to pay for their next meal, or where they are going to get it from. I think that you are the one who is misled, and as an adult that is a shame. I know that I am America's future, and I will take my opinions and put them towards a better society for my children and grandchildren to live in. The great conservative leadership that you speak of has brought nothing but hardship to many families, but you seem to think that it is okay. I for one do not, and your assessment of us having a robust economy is about as right as Bush was on the weapons of mass destruction that Iraq had.

PPHSfan
04-11-2006, 09:19 PM

YEP, I remember it well.:D

whtfbplaya
04-11-2006, 09:21 PM
have you tried google earth?

I know that particular pic was of earth, but there were some links to the other sites on that thread and I cant rember who put them up. I used them for awhile to scout land and check crops for hog damage.

whtfbplaya
04-11-2006, 09:22 PM
YEP, I remember it well.:D

Well could you post them please?:inlove:

SintonFan
04-11-2006, 09:53 PM
I think that your first assessment is completely incorrect. The inflation rate is too high, and has been for a long time. I can guarantee you that it is not due to the fact that we have a robust economy. Even I as an 18 year old can see that, and anybody with any common sense would realize that as well. I am also tired of you and everyone else saying that I deduct my political beliefs from the media. You cannot be any further from right. I very seldomly watch TV. Whenever I get home from my track workouts, it is at least 6:00 p.m., and I have obligations here at home that prevent me from relaxing until it is 7:30. You make it out as though I am brainwashed. I think that you are the one who is misguided and has had the wool pulled over your eyes. This great conservative leadership that you speak so highly of is caught up in the midst of turmoil with Tom DeLay as one example, and another as the lying and inconsistency of President George W. Bush. I don't pretent to know everything about the economy and how to make things right, but I can see that right now that things are far from the United States having an expanding economy. The nation is in debt, the inflation rate is up, the economy is spiraling downward. I don't see how those facts seem to slip your mind every five seconds and with every reply that you make. What is so good about all of that? Where is the good in our economy whenever the middle class is dissolving every day? Where is the good in our economy whenever we are becoming separated within groups of the super rich and the dirt poor? What good is our economy whenever a family cannot afford to buy a carton of milk, pay the mortgage, or be able to pay to drive back and forth to work? It is becoming increasingly difficult to support a family whenever the cost of all consumer goods and commodities is on the increase, but the average pay of the working man is not. Contrary to what you or PPHSfan say, there are people out there working their fingers to the bone trying to build a future for their families, and it is becoming almost impossible for them to achieve that. The American Dream is becoming a distant idea in the past, the only thing that will soon be on the mind of many people is how they are going to pay for their next meal, or where they are going to get it from. I think that you are the one who is misled, and as an adult that is a shame. I know that I am America's future, and I will take my opinions and put them towards a better society for my children and grandchildren to live in. The great conservative leadership that you speak of has brought nothing but hardship to many families, but you seem to think that it is okay. I for one do not, and your assessment of us having a robust economy is about as right as Bush was on the weapons of mass destruction that Iraq had.
Good job G!:clap:
Let me finish my Survivor duties and we'll continue this in an adult manner.;)
I know you have more free time than I...

and I have obligations here at home that prevent me from relaxing until it is 7:30.
well maybe not... jeez are you ever allowed to relax?:D
seriously we'll take this up after 10 tonight.:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Maybe tomorrow night, I have previous obligations of my time, which are called sleep.

Old Tiger
04-11-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm freaking out w/ all this serious talk!!!!!

GO WEST ORANGE-STARK 06 STATE CHAMPS!!! GAME OVA

SintonFan
04-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Maybe tomorrow night, I have previous obligations of my time, which are called sleep.
Look here fren, if I stay up for my beliefs why can't you too?:thinking: :p

gato 76
04-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Good job G!:clap:
Let me finish my Survivor duties and we'll continue this in an adult manner.;)
I know you have more free time than I...

well maybe not... jeez are you ever allowed to relax?:D
seriously we'll take this up after 10 tonight.:)

Sinton Fan i think you said what alot of people feel,i think in nov we are going to see a big change in washington, but i don't think the dem could do any better.Something got to be done about the gas prices,there no hurricanes or anything going on for prices to go up,other than the taxes off gasoline prices to fund the war.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2006, 08:22 PM

Well, I had a district track meet today, so being able to compete at my highest level was more important than arguing to no point my political beliefs to you. I know that I'm not going to convince you of anything, and you are going to have a hard time changing my opinion, so I think that it would be best to stop now. I respect you and your opinions, but I also have my own and I'm going to stand by them.

whtfbplaya
04-13-2006, 12:32 AM

No one awake to argue with.