PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Sports Month

TheDOCTORdre
04-08-2006, 09:40 AM
As I sat in front of my computer the other day, after cashing my not so fulfilling check from Wal-Mart, calculating the cost the month of April was going to have on me (I have three close female friends for who it is necessary that I buy presents within a two week period, plus the normal expenses of living), I was a little bit down in the dumps. As I sat and contemplated my financial situation I began to think man April really sucks, and just as I was about to give in to frustration and just say to heck with April, a revelation was made to me here at my computer..."April may be the greatest sports month of the year." For those of you who dont agree with me right of the back, just humor the idea and give me a chance to explain. At first when this thought crossed my mind I was a bit took by suprise myself and then I realized that the idea of April being Sports Mecca is not so far fetched. Lets start with the first weekend in April, yes I know that the NCAA basketball tournament is called March Madness, but the madness is concluded with the Final Four which is held in April with the Mens National Championship being played for on Monday, and follwed by the Womens National Championship game on Tuesday. For those of you who are more professionally inclined in basketball, April is the month in which teams are making a push or are already gearing up for the playoffs, and the playoffs themselves come about at the end of the month. The first full week in April also brings about Opening Day for Major League Baseball, and for those who prefer less bling and more ping, college baseball and softball is already in full swing (no pun intended.) Moving to the second weekend in April golf fans can even get a piece of the action with the Masters at the legendary Augusta National Golf Club. The month also includes the conclusion of the regular season for the National Hockey League and the first rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Let us now finally move to the conclusion of the month which is host to the NFL Draft which brings together the fans of both college and pro football as the collegiate fan gets one last chance to see a player from the school they support go on in his athletic career, and the pro fan gets a chance to see what talent the draft may bring to his team.
As I sat and realized what marvelous insight I had been given my spirits were lifted for a moment and my financial woes did not bother me, for I knew that even though April was going to financially rape me, I also knew that there would be a system of sports support to carry me through the rough times. Yes my friends there may be times in April when I am feeling a little bit famished but its ok at least my sports appetite will be fully satisfied because, April, my friends is the greatest month in the sports calendar.

smustangs
04-08-2006, 12:43 PM
nice dre and i do agree w/ u