PDA

View Full Version : DirectTV makes me mad!!!

Adidas410s
04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
They charged me an installation fee of $41.99 when the website said "free installation" and then when I call in they said "well no your promotion is for $xx.xx/month for 3 months." Either way, they never informed me of the activation fee that I was unaware I was going to have! This is just another reason for me to switch to somebody else. I don't think I can wait for Comcast to get in my complex. I may just pay the extra $$ for Dish Network just so I can 1) get HD service and 2) not feel like I'm getting ripped off!!

Any suggestions on how to get this installation charge removed? I told the lady I am not going to be rude or argue with anybody but I will not pay for something that 1) I didn't think I would have and 2) I was never made aware that I WOULD have!

Phil C
04-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Just pay the bill and enjoy the cable.

NateDawg39
04-07-2006, 10:47 AM
I have no idea what YOU could do...but I do know what the man would do...the man would say "your fired Direct TV!!!" Donald Trump is the man.....:nerd:

Adidas410s
04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Just pay the bill and enjoy the cable.

I won't enjoy it when they won't provide HD service in one of the most populated areas in Texas. Just another reason to hate on them. I bet those Fat Cats @ AT&T are making ridiculous profits! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I won't enjoy it when they won't provide HD service in one of the most populated areas in Texas. Just another reason to hate on them. I bet those Fat Cats @ AT&T are making ridiculous profits! :tongue::tongue::tongue:
:thinking: :thinking: I believe DirecTV is owned by Hughes & Dish is owned by AT&T. :nerd: :nerd: (I could be wrong, though. :eek: )

Cat22
04-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Why don't they provide HD! I live in the sticks in Southeast Texas and I have Directv HD.

spiveyrat
04-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I don't think AT&T owns DTV.

I LOVE my DirecTV. Wouldn't trade it for anything! :thumbsup:

spiveyrat
04-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cat22
Why don't they provide HD! I live in the sticks in Southeast Texas and I have Directv HD.

Are local channels provided there? Seems like last time I checked, they weren't.

Adidas410s
04-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: I believe DirecTV is owned by Hughes & Dish is owned by AT&T. :nerd: :nerd: (I could be wrong, though. :eek: )

Originally posted by spiveyrat

Oops...I didn't even catch my mistake there. I have been talking to DISH about getting their service instead so that I can get HD programming. I'm just pissed because I don't want to pay ANOTHER activation fee. Then again, I can always buy from a retailer and they typically don't have an activation fee or will easily waive it.

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Oops...I didn't even catch my mistake there.
At least I have confirmation that I've been paying attention at work. :D ;)

SintonFan
04-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Dish network is a communist company.:o

Adidas410s
04-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Yay...I just realized that my balcony faces to the South and not to the East!!! I could get DISH after all!!! Now I just need somebody there tmrw so I have the Masters in HD for this weekend!

Adidas410s
04-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

This is possibly true...but it's got HD service and I want that. There is nothing worse than having saved up and bought the nice, big plasma TV that I have wanted for so long only to find out I couldn't get HD service!

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2006, 11:39 AM
All right, Hank. It's on. :p

SintonFan
04-07-2006, 11:40 AM
This is possibly true...but it's got HD service and I want that. There is nothing worse than having saved up and bought the nice, big plasma TV that I have wanted for so long only to find out I couldn't get HD service!
Fox news is not on their basic backage and they have a channel on like 9956 or whatever called "freedom TV" that's definately not as advertised. It should be called "Hate America TV".

Adidas410s
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM

Do you work for DISH? Any advice on "hooking me up?"

Adidas410s
04-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Fox news is not on their basic backage and they have a channel on like 9956 or whatever called "freedom TV" that's definately not as advertised. It should be called "Hate America TV".

Or you could try not being so right wing (I'm assuming your not a liberal) and don't whine so much! Then again...I have to have my Fox News for O'Reilly. :p

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Do you work for DISH? Any advice on "hooking me up?"
No, I don't. I'm just "in the know". ;)

Ranger Mom
04-07-2006, 11:53 AM
and don't whine so much!

That quote just struck me as funny considering you are the one who started this thread whining about the installation charge to begin with!!

pirate4state
04-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That quote just struck me as funny considering you are the one who started this thread whining about the installation charge to begin with!! LOL!! :clap:

SintonFan
04-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Methinks I left the wrong one off the "list".:p

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Methinks I left the wrong one off the "list".:p
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SintonFan
04-07-2006, 12:02 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
LOL!
;) :D

Cat22
04-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Are local channels provided there? Seems like last time I checked, they weren't.

No, local channels are still not available. The thing is after the Hurricane, the company providing cable to my area said there was too much damage and they were not going to provide it any longer and no one else has came in here and offered it, so it's either DirecTV or Dish.

lostaussie
04-07-2006, 08:43 PM
i have had this battle for the last 10 years. when primestar (now direct tv) came out i was like one of the first customers. this country boy was like "real tv has come to the woods". after about 8 or so years i had a problem with THEIR eqipment. they wanted to charge me a service call of around $100 to fix THEIR stuff. after being given the runaround for 3 or 4 days, of which i had no service, i called dish, who that very day came and installed my new system. no problems ever since. direct called me a few days later to inquire if i been satisfied with my service:D. yep, i let them have it. told them my their dish was my dogs new lunch bucket. can't get the sunday tcket anymore, but i do get all local channells. i have been very happy with dish so far.

bccards
04-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Call DirecTV Rententions and tell them how it is. This phone # will connect you directly to them. They should be able to help you out. Demand it or tell em to shove it :) 1-800-824-9081

piratebg
04-07-2006, 10:52 PM
I have direct tv and I get all of the local channels except for UPN. It's not that bad and I havent had any problems with my equipment or anything yet.

Leopards,class of 75
04-08-2006, 09:41 AM
I too have direct t.v. I have really enjoyed the service and do get all the local channels. I am(for the first time as we speak) having problems with my new tivo that just arrived this week. As soon as i pluged it up to the power in the wall, it blew the breaker out in the garage. It also had a burning smell to the TIVO. I then called Direct t.v. and told them what had happened and they told me it would cost me $70.00 just to look at it!!! I told them no way, i will not pay a dime to get it fixed. Also the rest of the recievers in our home will not work either. So the new receiver they sent to me shorted out something on the dish. It took about an hour and a half to convince them that they should not charge me to fix it. I told them if they do not fix it for free, I was calling Dish Network!!!! Hopefully they will be here sometime this afternoon to fix the problem.

Adidas410s
04-08-2006, 10:40 AM

I LOVE my DirecTV. Wouldn't trade it for anything! :thumbsup:

K...so I just looked at my Direct TV bill and it says "AT&T Home Entertainment" but if you go to AT&T's website you can only sign up for DISH. :thinking:

Leopards,class of 75
04-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
I too have direct t.v. I have really enjoyed the service and do get all the local channels. I am(for the first time as we speak) having problems with my new tivo that just arrived this week. As soon as i pluged it up to the power in the wall, it blew the breaker out in the garage. It also had a burning smell to the TIVO. I then called Direct t.v. and told them what had happened and they told me it would cost me $70.00 just to look at it!!! I told them no way, i will not pay a dime to get it fixed. Also the rest of the recievers in our home will not work either. So the new receiver they sent to me shorted out something on the dish. It took about an hour and a half to convince them that they should not charge me to fix it. I told them if they do not fix it for free, I was calling Dish Network!!!! Hopefully they will be here sometime this afternoon to fix the problem. Problem solved with no charge to me! It took the service man less than 30 minutes to fix it, had to replace the LNB.

spiveyrat
04-10-2006, 07:10 AM
No, local channels are still not available. The thing is after the Hurricane, the company providing cable to my area said there was too much damage and they were not going to provide it any longer and no one else has came in here and offered it, so it's either DirecTV or Dish.

So, if you want local channels, you have to resort to (gulp) an antenna???!!! :eek:

spiveyrat
04-10-2006, 07:13 AM
K...so I just looked at my Direct TV bill and it says "AT&T Home Entertainment" but if you go to AT&T's website you can only sign up for DISH. :thinking:

That's interesting... :thinking:

clayton7
04-10-2006, 07:59 AM
So, if you want local channels, you have to resort to (gulp) an antenna???!!! :eek:

:clap:

Adidas410s
04-10-2006, 08:03 AM
That's interesting... :thinking:

So I called the DTV retention number and evidently AT&T handles all of the billing for any accounts in my complex even though we aren't using their service...:thinking:

Cat22
04-10-2006, 08:17 AM

Yep, but honestly they all really come in good.

spiveyrat
04-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Yep, but honestly they all really come in good.

Not if you live in, say, Jasper. ;)

Cat22
04-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Not if you live in, say, Jasper. ;)

Oh yeah, I bet so!!