PDA

View Full Version : Region III Early predictions 2003 ALPHABETICALLY

Old Cardinal
12-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Just scanning the possibilities for Division I & II. Here is the way I see it....ALPHABETICALLY Div. I Bridge City, Cleveland, Elgin, Jasper,Mexia.....Division II Barbers Hill, La Grange, Marlin, Newton, Orangefield....Could someone very familiar with the other Regions, by Divisions, speculate in ALPHABETICAL order a top five?

Compudyne
12-12-2002, 01:33 PM
Old Cardinal,
You have way too much time on your hands. That was a clever way to list Bridge City first though.

Old Cardinal
12-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Compudyne: I just named them APH., sorry you must have way too much time on your hands, to come up with that conclusion...maybe I was really touting Barbers Hill. Why don't you contribute instead of complain all the time?

QB85
12-12-2002, 04:51 PM
Old Card, Thanks for touting BH! With 14 or 15 returning starters, we should be ok next year. Good luck to you next year!

Brahma73
12-13-2002, 12:18 AM
Hey OC, while we're tooting our horns (allegedly), might want to check out classifications of Bellville's players. We dusted pretty well everybody this year, including some of your list, with a largely Jr. roster. Don't look for the Bulls to disappear after this year. :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
12-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Region IV...
1. Burnet
2. Rice Consolidated
3. Port Isabel

After that, I couldn't really tell you much. It looks as if the playing field will level off a bit. Those three teams will be trouble. Our district down here (30-3A) will be solid, but I don't know if we'll be as strong as we were this year. Only time will tell.

Diller
12-13-2002, 09:45 AM
This is a ridiculous post, first of all. Secondly I think your prediction of Bridge Shity and Orangefield anywhere in the top five is a joke. Just as I said about Jasper, Bridge City's 3 year dominance is over. They will still be competitive because of numbers and the worst disrict in region III. The loss of Pebbles and Knight is the end of their short lived reign. Orangefield in the top five is so funny. They were descent at best and lost their horses too. Again they will have a chance to lose in the first round again because of a weak district. Please wake up to reality!

Old Cardinal
12-13-2002, 01:27 PM
You know, Diller and Compudyne, You Kirbyville folks ought to not be so jealous of Jasper, Newton, Bridge City and all the others. We were excited for you guys, not being in the cellar again this year. You continue to bad-mouth 21-3A teams, yet those same teams, in that bad district always kicked you around and when you play them next year they will kick you around again. Maybe you should stick with you 4H and FFA activities and quite calling other folks weak in football- that have kicked you around for the last twenty years and most probably will again in the years to come!

Cooter
12-13-2002, 03:15 PM
Old Cardinal,
I am from Kirbyville, and I did a little checking on 203A vs. 213A for this year.

Huntington over Kountze
Jasper over Bridge City
Kirbyville over Buna
Newton over Bridge City
Woodville over Buna

Ya'll were 0-5 against our district. And Please, don't act like BC has been whipping anyone for 20 years. Yes, ya'll have been decent for the past 3 years but I think your well has run dry.

You do the math

Peebles - Knight = No Play Offs for the Cards

Diller
12-13-2002, 03:24 PM
Old Crow

Where do you get off thinking I am from K'ville. I was born and raised in Orangefield and know exactly what I am talking about. Although I no longer live in the area I keep up with yalls 2A district. I was simply stating that B.C. is on the way down after losing the last 2 senior classes. Cooter was right, your well is running dry. Remember the beatings the Cardinals took in 4A? Well its time yall are fixing to start re-living them. Like I said, yall will still have a little success as a bi-product of a weak district, but your 3 and 4 rounds in the playoffs is over with. WAKE UP! AND O.F., hell they wasn't no good this year. Again terribly weak district. Thank you Cooter for providing me with some numbers. Don't be mad, yall would have probably been 4th in district 20-AAA.

Dont accuse a man from Possum Trot to living in Kirbyville.

Old Cardinal
12-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Wait and see- Jasper, Bridge City, Newton, and Orangefield have had great 7th, 8th, 9th, JV seasons, plus ample Playoff hardened returnees- and will continue to be in the playoffs in years to come....To the Gentleman from Bellville, I had been told that Bellville will be graduating most all their skill people and would have a re-tooling year. I am very interested in what kind of prospects you folks have in the coming years. We will all be pulling for our Reg. III Div. II representative tomorrow.

pinecone
12-13-2002, 09:18 PM
Newton has the coaching brain bank in Barbay and Walkoviak. They will do more with less than anyone else in Region III. Anyone know what their combined won/lost record is? Lauve at Jasper is a ? because he inherited a team this year. Next year will tell more about him.

JASPER- GYM
12-13-2002, 10:59 PM
GREAT TOPIC old card, it's great to still be able to come back and chatter a little after the season. I'm looking forward to another BC-JASPER
game it was a fun week. What are the chances of both teams meeting at the quarterfinals again next year?

BigRed01
12-14-2002, 01:37 AM
Diller:
Old Crow

Where do you get off thinking I am from K'ville. I was born and raised in Orangefield and know exactly what I am talking about. Although I no longer live in the area I keep up with yalls 2A district. I was simply stating that B.C. is on the way down after losing the last 2 senior classes. Cooter was right, your well is running dry. Remember the beatings the Cardinals took in 4A? Well its time yall are fixing to start re-living them. Like I said, yall will still have a little success as a bi-product of a weak district, but your 3 and 4 rounds in the playoffs is over with. WAKE UP! AND O.F., hell they wasn't no good this year. Again terribly weak district. Thank you Cooter for providing me with some numbers. Don't be mad, yall would have probably been 4th in district 20-AAA.

Dont accuse a man from Possum Trot to living in Kirbyville.4th in 20-AAA what a joke. Everyone knows there are only 2 teams in that district. Don't get me wrong Kirbyville has a good team over there, but when is the last time K-ville has gone 4 rounds deep.....ummmmm. Bridge City would have finished 3rd in that district. Newton and Jasper have 2 elite programs over there, but Bridge City has good football and a fine program. You don't get 11-2 from having a so so year. The well is full over in B.C. Rest assured Matt and Jamie will be sorely missed, but there is 20 other guys out there banging heads as well. Bridge City did beat real quality teams such as Elgin and Barbers Hill. They beat 4A teams, and they fought hard against Jasper and Newton. I really can't tell who your teams are.....just seems you are anti BC, and that's fine......however you want to look at it, Bridge City in the last 3 have compiled a 31-8 record, you don't get that from being a slouch. We've beaten Newton in '00, we beat Mexia, Sweeny, Barbers Hill, Elgin, just to name a few. You and old cooter, can check my oil when I go see a Bridge City Cardinal Playoff game next year. :D

AnotherEagle
12-14-2002, 08:16 AM
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but Jasper will not be all that good next year now that all 32 of the seniors are gone I think Newton will have a hell of a team . they have tough juniors and sophmors returning plus Barbay-Johnston those are two smart coachesif you ask me. Newton will be strong.but does anyone know who will be QB,RB's,WR's will they still have their same ones from last year(3,4,5,6,7,9) But who will be QB I heard #10 was hurt but he is a junior But I heard another guy was gonna play do they have a senior QB?

Request From Someone (Old Cardinal)

Bulldog92
12-14-2002, 09:55 AM
Jasper will be fine. Will they be as good as this year? No. Any Jasper fan that tells you different isn't using his/her brain. They should win at least 8 games and get a couple rounds deep into the playoffs. If they're still playing after that, who knows? I think that's a pretty fair analysis. Anyone disagree?

pakrat
12-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Hey Old Card! I saw the scores from the Jasper/Kirbyville game. It was J-14, KV-0. But when Jasper played BC, it was Jasper 28, BC-0. Does that mean that Kirbyville was twice as good a team as BC? Maybe BC would have been 4th in their district. Ummmmmh... :p

Old Cardinal
12-14-2002, 05:17 PM
You know its a real tragedy that Kirbyville has one halfway decent year placing 3rd in Dist.- then losing in the first round, and all of us were so proud for them. Bridge City for instance had beat them 22-0 and 42-9 in 1999 & 2000, playinf the bench alot of the game. Kirbyville loses to 2a San Augustine, plays 2A Timpson--even wins by 3 points over both Dibol and Woodville in District. Everyone is so proud that the worst program in the area has finally shown one year of respectibility. Now you would think they would have sense enough to not be downgrading all the teams that win regularly in SE Texas. Every dozen or so years, you slip into the playoffs to lose quickly. The reason that these other teams always beat you is simple-let me give you an example. In 7th through JV(THIS SEASON), Bridge City has 5 teams that WON 40 GAMES, LOST 4 and TIED 2. Now other teams that are winning yearly, post similar results. Kirbyville has a decent season, every decade or two, and you think you have arrived! I think maybe your attitude will get people to leave their starting Varsity on the field longer, just to shut you up. By the way Bridge City went 6-4 in 1998 and had good records in 4A going back from there, when you consider that they were always in the bottom 3 in enrollment numbers in 4A, for a number of years. Kirbyville should not even consider that Jasper, Newton,Dibol,Woodville, etc:, will be pushovers next season- just because they graduated some excellent ballplayers. Their program momentum will overwhelm Kirbyville- just like all programs in the past have overwhelmed you except on very rare occasions. TELL US K"VILLES Sub Varsity record this year? I really think you posters have done your team a dis-service by the belittling attack on proven programs.

turbostud
12-14-2002, 05:30 PM
OldCardinal, you dont think you did Burnet, Jasper, and Everman/Forney winner a diservice by predicting that Jasper would run the table and not even be scored on? Come on.

Old Cardinal
12-14-2002, 05:40 PM
Turbo-I just made my prediction as I saw it at the time-just like you have made many predictions....this is apples and oranges....

turbostud
12-14-2002, 05:56 PM
Its not apples and oranges. My point is that you have your opinion, they have there's, and like you said, I have mine. They can say what they want just like you can say what you want. But don't accuse them of belittling a program when you do the same thing. How can you accuse them of belittling a program? Re-read you post about KVille.

98Eagle
12-14-2002, 07:20 PM
Coach Barbay said that Newtons quarterback next year is one of the best he's coached, #10, (I cant remember his name). He hurt his knee in the first round of the playoffs, but will likely be ready for next year. They lose Sam Foster at running back but return Ty Hopkins and Stephan Ethridge, along with Joe McClemore at receiver. Most of their defense also returns. Newton will have a good team next year and I look for them to beat Jasper.

Cooter
12-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Old Card,
You are right about BC beating Kville the past 2 years. Two years ago was a beating and last year was closer than the score indicated. We are finished talking about previous years. This year may have been different. Unfortunatly all we can do is compare scores. By the way, Kville will only lose 6 seniors off of this years team and their Fresnmen were 8-1. That loss was to Jasper JV.

Old Cardinal
12-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Cooter, That sounds exciting that Kirbyville has such a good freshman team. I really pulled for K'ville in the playoffs. The players up there are great and many of the Administrators and teachers are fine people, like Smitty Massard's and Charles Shieffield's, and others. It sounds like there is a real program being developed up there. Do you know how the JV and 8 grade teams fared?.....To Newton Eagle: I don't know how you guy's do it, to come back year after year with a strong program, sounds like you are Playoff bound, again!

Cooter
12-14-2002, 09:32 PM
Old Card,
I do not think the 7th grade did that well. I think the 8th was decent. Kirbyville should be pretty good for the next 3 years or so. I know for a fact that we started 8 sophomores on Defense against Jasper and almost always had 7 sophomores on the field defensively all the time. We we very young this year. I am looking forward to the next few seasons.

bearkatdad
12-14-2002, 09:52 PM
Old Card..I think your predictions are pretty good..however, I think Bridge City and Jasper both will be 'dark horses' in the district race, since both will be in the re-building stage..so we'll see what happens..and like you said, it's an opinion...i'm sure some people will take us to task for posting our opinions...

JASPER- GYM
12-14-2002, 11:46 PM
Everyone must remember with 32 seniors most juniors played jv for game experence. Jasper JV won district (for whatever thats worth) I think Jasper will make another run, hopefully to the quarter-finals. I think our big ? will be, who can fill ricky's shoes at QB?

Bulldog92
12-15-2002, 02:43 AM
Patten's next in line, right? He ought to be fine with more reps, but Ricky might be the best we've ever had there. The running game and defense are gonna have to step up while Jordan gets used to starting, though. We had a great year and it's gonna take some hard work to get back here next season...

football
12-15-2002, 12:12 PM
the cameron yoeman will be back in the hunt had 18 soph 13 0f them started so dont count them out GO YOE

Old Cardinal
12-15-2002, 12:41 PM
You know, I have seen Jaspers 9th grade and Bridge City 9th grade play and I will assure you that these two teams next year, if they chose to only play Sophamores could beat a whole lot of varsity teams...Newton is loaded next year. Cameron Yoe, Mexia, Kirbyville(according to Cooter), Orangefield and I know for sure Barbers Hill will be loaded. Had Barbers Hill been assigned to Div II last year, they would have made waves. Next year, Cleveland with its young team this year, will definately be the 22-3A Div I playoff team. That makes the Hill a contender in Div. II....I have been given mixed reports on Bellville next year-can someone knowledgeable elaborate? Navasota and Elgin are ready for next year, talent wise for a good season....We can talk all we want in projections; however there are always the teams like Bandera and Fairfield that dissolve all of the odds and just go out each game and win, win, win, in clutch situations in the playoffs.

pakrat
12-15-2002, 08:44 PM
Sorry, Old Card, I'm not from Kirbyville. But I do know that Alvarez coached at Jasper for a few years and Pineland (I think) and now has a young Barbay with him at KV. Diboll will have to reassert itself and beat a few more people next year to keep KV out of the playoffs. But Kirbyville will not be the doormat. That may go to Huntington again.

Don't get mad at me, Old Card. I like your posts.
Keep it firey and keep it coming. I don't like talking about basketball.

Old Cardinal
12-15-2002, 09:02 PM
To Pakrat: I am not offended, I was glad to see Woodville, Kirbyville, and Dibol slugging it out, they all seemed to be at about the same level, a FG apart. I think that will be an interesting District next year. I am sorry, but for two prior years all three of those teams were not very competitive-I am glad they are back in the hunt.

KL3
12-17-2002, 12:14 PM
As for Bellville's skill position people for next year they're all back except for Gobert and Ford.

QB Buenger - will be a Sr., ready to set Bellville passing records

RB Bryant - will be a Jr. , most explosive player on the team and leading rusher in this year's playoffs for us

RB Runnels - DE is his best position, but is more than capable of carrying the ball, leading rusher against Bandera

WR Goeke - will be a Sr. - leading receiver this past year

WR/F Sanders - will be a Jr., 2nd most explosive player on the team

Other people like Kendrick Nunn, Kortland Benjamin, and Zack Ward who will be Jr.'s and a SR. will get alot of carries.

Either last year, or the year before, our 7th grade A, 8th grade A, Freshman, and J.V. went a combined 38-2 or something near that. I don't think our 7th A or 8th grade A teams lost this year either.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something or someone, maybe another Bellville fan can help out.

spiveyrat
12-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Kenny,

Yep, that sounds like a pretty good synopsis to me. Did you get that tape yet?

spiveyrat
12-17-2002, 01:27 PM
No disrespect meant here...

But what is it with Cameron posters on this site? It seems every post I see from one of them always warns us to "never count out the Yoe". Is there some sort of city ordinance or code of conduct or something of that sort that states that you have to say that in every other sentence?

I'm sorry, it just strikes me as being funny.

RBARKER
12-17-2002, 01:52 PM
Your right Old Card about Cleveland I think they will place next year sending Barbers Hill to Div II. BH is losing a lot of our skill players in the backfield, but I beleive we are returning a big chunk of our O & D lines. We have a great prospect coming up @ QB he was a freshmen this year and lead our JV to 10-0 this year. I have heard they may start him, on varsity next year as a sophmore. If this is true then BH will be slow next year at the begining but should be ready to play come playoff time. I hope they let the underclassman start so we can build the team around him for the next three years.

duckbutter
12-17-2002, 02:22 PM
I think Kirbyville is a yr away from being a contender for the district championship, maybe. If the districts were to remain the same for the 2004 season, Kirbyville would be in the hunt for the title. However, from the numbers I have seen Newton will fall to 2a in 2004 unless we gain about a hundred students between now and then and I really don't see that happening. This was Newton's rebuilding yr and things will only get better with 2004-2005 being the best. We will be a lot stronger next yr than we were this year and even stronger the yr after. I don't look at Jv and freshman scores because they don't mean squat. Newton's JV wasn't that good this yr because they were all freshmen (6 soph) and all of the skill players were on Varsity.
Now if the numbers do go up a 100 like is predicted then think of the mess with West Orange Stark and Silsbee in the mix. How about a district with BC, Jasper, WOS, Silsbee, Kirbyville and Buna. I would feel sorry for Buna. Just something to think about.

pinecone
12-18-2002, 03:34 PM
If that happens, then it'll be just like the old days, with Jasper, WOS, and Silsbee, but not necessarily in that order. Jasper might not be in same district with WOS and Silsbee.

JASPER- GYM
12-18-2002, 09:49 PM
I heard today that the UIL was going to drop the 3a number by 100 students! they said that a 6a was not going to happen. This person said the article was in the Houston Chroncle, anyone else read it? If this is true Jasper is back up to 4a and maybe BC also. Newton has a chance to drop to 2a, because the bottom number will go up 5.

Bulldog92
12-18-2002, 10:04 PM
spivey....thanks a lot for the tape. It's great to see a Jasper game again after so many years. As far as the possibility of either jumping back to 4A or having WOS and Silsbee drop down, I'm all for that. Being in a district with them (and Bridge City) would make the regular season fun again. I would hate to see Newton drop, but if they do 2A better look out. They could make a run like Celina did down there.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-18-2002, 11:11 PM
One year ago Bellville went 12-1, lost in the 3rd round to Sinton, Everyone thought Bellville would not get that far this year, but with 28 returning letterman and 5-5 starters this years version of the Brahmas took it one more step, and could have went even one more if the Brahmas would have taken a very good Bandera team more seriously, and not played like they stayed out late the night before the game, put your players in a hotel room the night before a game and you won't have to worry about a curfew!
Now for next year Bellville has 28+ letterman back and more starters than last year, and a good crop of sub-varsity players to pick from, you would say, no way the Brahmas would be better than this year? The Brahmas have more talent returning next year, that I have seen in a while, If the Brahmas keep a positive frame of mind, and never underestimate there next opponent the Brahmas will go one step further next year, keep in mind some of that will have to do with some good coaching, and preparing a good game plan for your next opponent! I am a die hard Brahma fan and only want the best for our boys, even though there are some things I dont agree with that happens on and off the field!!
Good luck to the Brahmas for next year!!

j_dog
12-18-2002, 11:37 PM
Bulldog92:
spivey......As far as the possibility of either jumping back to 4A or having WOS and Silsbee drop down, I'm all for that. Being in a district with them (and Bridge City) would make the regular season fun again. ...Hey, I think it was fun to play Newton, Kirbyville, and Woodville in district again after several decades of having to drive PAST these schools to play other teams. I hear some "city" schools complaining if they have to drive across town to play someone. Since 1960, the CLOSEST district team Jasper played was Silsbee, which is some 50 miles away. So I like playing Newton, Kirbyville, and Woodville who are approximately 15, 20, and 28 miles away. I feel sure they probably feel the same about playing Jasper!

Bulldog92
12-19-2002, 12:44 AM
I see your point, j_dog, but you have to remember that those teams I mentioned are the ones we've been playing the last 15 years or so up until now. It's gotta be better fiscally for the Dogs to cut so much travel expense, but those rivalries are the only ones I've ever known...other than the Hebert, BCP and South Park days of the early 80's when I first started following football.

duckbutter
12-19-2002, 12:17 PM
Old Card I did a little checking last night and heard that Kirbyville swept BC's sub-varsity last year at every level and every sport! If this is true then it looks like BC won't be returning much or Kirbyville will be hell on wheels in a yr or two. Yall go ahead and write this down and put it in a safe place to read in a couple of yrs: Kirbyville will be in the hunt for a district title soon! As long as Newton reamains in their district they will always be #2! Huh Jack

spiveyrat
12-19-2002, 12:26 PM
duckbutter: Kirbyville #2? Ahead of Jasper?

duckbutter
12-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Well I couldn't put them ahead of Newton so that only left Jasper.

64sdad
12-19-2002, 03:25 PM
DUCKBUTTER, I think that is a very broad statement "every sport" unless you consider track not a sport,BC was district champs, and I maybe wrong but I do not believe their JV beat BC either or their 8th grade football teams. May want to check your source.

Old Cardinal
12-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Duckbutter, I saw BC take them in Baseball, Track, CrossCountry, tennis, Softball and of course varsity football 42-7. I need to check my sources, but at this point I went to a JV or 9th grade game and they beat Kirbyville real bad. This year we had a very dominating year in sub-varsity football as well as a pretty good one last year. We whipped Jasper 2 td's in 9th grade and Jasper whipped Kirbyville. i don't think you really have any grounds to keep trying to prop up Kirbyville above anyone else-they had two good games this year the rest were quite mediocere, just like in the past.

AnotherEagle
12-19-2002, 03:49 PM
K-ville might have a good team but wont reach the title shot that will Newton and Jasper ?
Newton will hull next year their 03-04 will win state for sure with the New Offense they will have for their skill players will show people that NEWTON is #1 in East Texas. Everyone will be suprised? I talked to one of their players and he said that they will have an elite squad for the year and the seniors will light up the score board! Jasper may have athletes but they will not have a STATE team like NEWTON I Put my money on that!
Tradition Continues.............

duckbutter
12-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Just repeating what I heard from a good source.

big daddy russ
12-19-2002, 03:59 PM
<small>[ December 19, 2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

big daddy russ
12-19-2002, 04:03 PM
I'd like to find out about the offensive line in Bellville, just for my own knowledge. KL3, sounds like you guys have a lot of skill kids coming back, how are you guys down in the trenches? Also, what does the defense look like?

Old Cardinal
12-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Yes I will agree Eagle, Newton looks like very talented in Football. What about the depth issue? Year after year, they shine for about 8 games; then folks begin to hobble a bit and then into the playoffs they just don't have enough depth to play at a winning level. Depth, in my opinion, seems to be the Achilles Heel every year for the Newton football team. Those higher enrollment teams in Div. II like Bandera; (774) enrollment have that sustaining power to tough it out deep into the playoffs, even though they started out by having a so-so season.

football
12-19-2002, 08:48 PM
no its marlin that has newtons number in the playoffs

j_dog
12-19-2002, 11:17 PM
Bulldog92:
I see your point, j_dog, but you have to remember that those teams I mentioned are the ones we've been playing the last 15 years or so up until now. It's gotta be better fiscally for the Dogs to cut so much travel expense, but those rivalries are the only ones I've ever known...other than the Hebert, BCP and South Park days of the early 80's when I first started following football.92, I knew where you coming from. One, I just didn't want those three teams to think we didn't want to play them. Two, I can remember when those teams USED to be in the district with Jasper. Hey, I like 'em all!

JASPER- GYM
12-20-2002, 11:44 PM
AnotherEagle:
K-ville might have a good team but wont reach the title shot that will Newton and Jasper ?
Newton will hull next year their 03-04 will win state for sure with the New Offense they will have for their skill players will show people that NEWTON is #1 in East Texas. Everyone will be suprised? I talked to one of their players and he said that they will have an elite squad for the year and the seniors will light up the score board! Jasper may have athletes but they will not have a STATE team like NEWTON I Put my money on that!
Tradition Continues.............What new offense? are they going to jump on the Jasper wagon and run the spread? If they run the same offense Jasper will continue to beat Newton.

St. Ivender
12-21-2002, 12:56 AM
duckbutter:
I think Kirbyville is a yr away from being a contender for the district championship, maybe. If the districts were to remain the same for the 2004 season, Kirbyville would be in the hunt for the title. However, from the numbers I have seen Newton will fall to 2a in 2004 unless we gain about a hundred students between now and then and I really don't see that happening. This was Newton's rebuilding yr and things will only get better with 2004-2005 being the best. We will be a lot stronger next yr than we were this year and even stronger the yr after. I don't look at Jv and freshman scores because they don't mean squat. Newton's JV wasn't that good this yr because they were all freshmen (6 soph) and all of the skill players were on Varsity.
Now if the numbers do go up a 100 like is predicted then think of the mess with West Orange Stark and Silsbee in the mix. How about a district with BC, Jasper, WOS, Silsbee, Kirbyville and Buna. I would feel sorry for Buna. Just something to think about.I second this emotion. Kville has the coaching in place. And YES they CAN overcome Jasper. They haven't beaten Newton since Bubba Bean wore the Red and Black and let's keep it that way.