PDA

View Full Version : Just leave them alone!

kepdawg
04-06-2006, 08:58 PM
ESPN is ridiculous!

The current poll question on the home page is:

If given a choice, which player would you cheer for:

Barry Bonds

or

Terrell Owens

big daddy russ
04-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Can I get an Amen from the choir?

Ranger Mom
04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
ESPN is ridiculous!

Barry Bonds

or

Terrell Owens

My answer would have to be T.O.!!

turbostud
04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Dan Patrick had Tori Hunter on his radio show today and Dan kept prodding Hunter into saying things about Barry Bonds and was it a race issue. Hunter finally told Dan cant we just move on and leave this alone, its getting old.

Gobbla2001
04-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I hear ESPN polls 2nd graders to help them pick the choices for the ESPN.com polls...

This week's choices were:

Barry Bonds
Terrel Owens
O.J. Simpson
Pete Rose
That one athlete who killed someone
That other athlete that had someone kill someone for him
The chick who had someone injured that other figured skating chick
and
Charles Manson

the second graders vote, then the top vote getters are put on the ESPN.com poll...

The next poll will be:

"Which athlete's socks would you buy off of E-bay???"

kepdawg
04-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
the second graders vote, then the top vote getters are put on the ESPN.com poll...

The next poll will be:

"Which athlete's socks would you buy off of E-bay???"

Curt Schilling will obviously run away with that poll!

injuredinmelee
04-07-2006, 12:22 AM
i am getting to where i cant stand espn and sportscenter. The anchors are trying to be bigger than the sports they are covering. Id like to bury Bermna in a cave and just let him make up ignorant childish nicknames for all the bats that would circle his huge head.

big daddy russ
04-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Dan Patrick had Tori Hunter on his radio show today and Dan kept prodding Hunter into saying things about Barry Bonds and was it a race issue. Hunter finally told Dan cant we just move on and leave this alone, its getting old.
After The Jungle I flip the station. Not that I like what Rome has to say a whole lot, but at least he's entertaining and is somewhat fair. Besides that, I love listening to him make a fool out of any caller that doesn't make the "Rome" voice.

Patrick is the biggest corporate guy on the airwaves. The other day he bashed Rick Reilly for bashing ESPN. For those of you who don't know who Reilly is, he is my man-crush. Sports Illustrated's senior writer... always takes shots at ESPN for doing a crappy job (which is true) on The Jungle. Reilly was wondering why ESPN got in bed with Bonds, one of their biggest stories, with the whole reality thing instead of distancing themselves from him.

Patrick busted a vein when he heard someone call ESPN out for being the MTV of the sports world.

injuredinmelee
04-07-2006, 12:33 AM
your killin me man...

big daddy russ
04-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
your killin me man...
Have you ever tried to sit through five minutes of Patrick's show? For the first time in my life, being crucified sounded like an easy way out.

injuredinmelee
04-07-2006, 12:40 AM
yeah Patrick drives me crazy. I love Fox Sports Steve Cszaban. His show is early am from D.C. and I wake up early to listen soemtimes.

clayton7
04-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Rome... Ya that about covers it.

neck_06
04-07-2006, 07:36 AM

Barry Bonds

or

Terrell Owens

i'd choose Barry, atleast he hasn't proven to be an embarrassment yet, like T.O. has.

Phil C
04-07-2006, 08:11 AM
T.O. because he is now a Dallas Cowboy!! Go Cowboys!

Ranger Mom
04-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
T.O. because he is now a Dallas Cowboy!! Go Cowboys!

That was my reasoning too.....and I don't like baseball!!

turbostud
04-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Have you ever tried to sit through five minutes of Patrick's show? For the first time in my life, being crucified sounded like an easy way out.
His show was cool when he had Rob Dibble on it. I think Dibs kind of kept Patrick in check with his knowledge of sports but he left and went to Best Damn Sports Show and now Patrick brought back Keith Olberman. Have yall ever watched Olbermans show on MSNBC? Its ridiculously stupid.

Txbroadcaster
04-07-2006, 09:32 AM
not a Patrick fan, but for those calling him a corporate Shill, he was the ONLY guy I heard on ESPN radio bashing ESPN for giving up editorial control to Barry Bonds for his new show.

ESPN itself has slowy eroded because of what made it famous. When Berman first got big everyone loved the nicknames Now it is tiresome...When the sportscenters started being funny and full of Pop culture references we all thought it was witty and fun to watch, now it seems NO ONE on sportcenter can do a highlight without stupid remarks or jokes.

BUT they are still the only big dog on the national scene. CNN/SI failed. Fox national failed. So until someone knocks them off, they will remain the national mouthpiece for sports. Good or bad

Adidas410s
04-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
His show was cool when he had Rob Dibble on it. I think Dibs kind of kept Patrick in check with his knowledge of sports but he left and went to Best Damn Sports Show and now Patrick brought back Keith Olberman. Have yall ever watched Olbermans show on MSNBC? Its ridiculously stupid.

While I'm not a big fan of Dan Patrick...him and Olberman work well together and always have.

My ranking of the ESPN Radio guys would go like this:

Eric K's "Sports Bash"...#1, 1a, 1b, AND 1c
Colin Cowherd's "The Herd"...don't get to listen to as much anymore but I still love his work...it at least makes you think
Mike & Mike Show...moving up the charts. I really like the professional way that they have handled some of the "touchy subjects"
Dan Patrick...yeah he is just a little "too cool" for radio!!!
Freddy Coleman/Doug Gottlieb/John Siebel...I'm sure I butchered the spellings. These are the ESPN N&W guys. They can put me to sleep while driving with a 90% success level! :thinking:

turbostud
04-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
While I'm not a big fan of Dan Patrick...him and Olberman work well together and always have.

My ranking of the ESPN Radio guys would go like this:

Eric K's "Sports Bash"...#1, 1a, 1b, AND 1c
Colin Cowherd's "The Herd"...don't get to listen to as much anymore but I still love his work...it at least makes you think
Mike & Mike Show...moving up the charts. I really like the professional way that they have handled some of the "touchy subjects"
Dan Patrick...yeah he is just a little "too cool" for radio!!!
Freddy Coleman/Doug Gottlieb/John Siebel...I'm sure I butchered the spellings. These are the ESPN N&W guys. They can put me to sleep while driving with a 90% success level! :thinking:
Yes they work well together but what turns me off with Olberman is that he brings his Liberal attitude from MSNBC to the radio show. Its a sports show not a politcs show.

I rank em like this
1. Mike and Mike
2. Colin Cowherd( He took some getting used to after Tony Kornheiser left)
3. The Sports Bash(is good but was better when Erics brother was on with him)
ESPN also got rid of Todd Wright who used to do Up All Night. I used to listen to him when I was working in Corpus Christi and he was good. Its seems like ESPN has changed alot the last couple of years but overall I still like em.