PDA

View Full Version : UIL ineligibility surfaces?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-06-2006, 11:13 AM
The Sealy Newspaper reported, making this matter known to the public that Sealy has not followed the guidelines to report academically ineligible students. The paper reports this has been going on for this year and in past years. Penalties could include forfeiting atheletic games and the high school band awards.
This was in the Tuesday April 4, 2006 paper. You can read this news at.
www.SEALYNEWS.COM

NateDawg39
04-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Thats horrible, I feel bad for the Sealy kids who have to suffer NOW because of the schools inability to do things correctly. Wilmer-Hutchins screws up, Sealy...whos next?

LH Panther Mom
04-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Wilmer-Hutchins screws up, Sealy...whos next?
*Sitting here on my hands & keeping mouth shut* :D

Seriously though, I feel bad for the students that this may affect. :(

rholl
04-06-2006, 11:43 AM
not a 3a school but Cedar Hill is running amok.

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
*Sitting here on my hands & keeping mouth shut* :D

Seriously though, I feel bad for the students that this may affect. :(

Same here...I read the article and thought WTH...:rolleyes:

lepfan
04-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Just like in a college setting --- remember the conversation last week --- It is truly sad that students (of any age) suffer the consequences of dishonest or just plain STUPID adults who are in charge of a program.:(

LH Panther Mom
04-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
It is truly sad that students (of any age) suffer the consequences of dishonest or just plain STUPID adults who are in charge of a program.:(
That's exactly what I was thinking. "Two people were interpreting blah blah". Hmmm....UIL is really easy to get in touch with when questions arise or interpretation is unclear. (off my soap-box now...)

Old Dog
04-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Sometimes pride is the culprit these situations. Someone does not know what or how to do the proper thing and they are too hard headed to admit such. The UIL will help; all you have to do is contact them.

STANG RED
04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I look at this a little differently than most of you. I commend the Sealy officials that found the oversight/problem, but were willing to acknowledge it (instead of sweep in under the rug), face up to it and contact the UIL to try and get it all streightened out. I just hope the innocent kids dont end up having to pay the price for this mess. It wouldnt surprise me though, to find out that many school distrits are in some kind of violation and dont even know it. My wife works for our school district administration, and is always telling me of the mounds and mounds of reports and paperwork that have to be reported to various different state and/or federal agencies throughout the year. It is mind boggling how many mandated programs a school district has to administer and report on, on a regular basis. Between the federal government, the state of Texas, the TEA, the UIL, etc... There are literally hundreds of programs and reports that have to be filed regularly on a districts behalf. I can easily see how something could fall through the cracks from time to time just simply by honest mistake. School adminstrators are mostly all honest hard working people doing mostly thankless jobs, and are as human and prone to mistakes as all the rest of us are.

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2006, 01:12 PM
I certainly agree that the superintendent is taking a pro-active approach to correcting the situation. I guess my disbelief lies in the fact that these are "Honors Classes" we are talking about. Not kids failing and being allowed to play because proper procedures weren't in place.

I understand rules are rules, but I would have a hard time enforcing any serious sanctions against the school district for this sort of oversight. Maybe I am missing something....:thinking:

You would think the UIL might have more pressing issues LIKE RECRUITMENT/ILLEGAL TRANSFERS ETC...to deal with.:eek::D

pirate4state
04-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I certainly agree that the superintendent is taking a pro-active approach to correcting the situation. I guess my disbelief lies in the fact that these are "Honors Classes" we are talking about. Not kids failing and being allowed to play because proper procedures weren't in place.

I understand rules are rules, but I would have a hard time enforcing any serious sanctions against the school district for this sort of oversight. Maybe I am missing something....:thinking:

You would think the UIL might have more pressing issues LIKE RECRUITMENT/ILLEGAL TRANSFERS ETC...to deal with.:eek::D

:evillaugh :evillaugh :thinking: hmmmmm..... :D :D

44INAROW
04-06-2006, 01:19 PM

You don't mean to tell me that recruiting and players transfering for athletic reasons REALLY goes on? ;) :p :eek: :D

LH Panther Mom
04-06-2006, 01:19 PM
*Still sitting here on hands & keeping mouth shut* :D ;)

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
*Still sitting here on hands & keeping mouth shut* :D ;)

I tried to, I mean I REALLY tried to.:cool: :D

44INAROW
04-06-2006, 01:58 PM
I tried to, I mean I REALLY tried to.:cool: :D

maybe we need to form some sort of "support group" :D

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
maybe we need to form some sort of "support group" :D

LOL...I got it.

OWCHI

Opinionated Women Criticizing Hairbrained Ideas :D

NateDawg39
04-06-2006, 02:11 PM
LOL...I got it.

OWCHI

Opinionated Women Criticizing Hairbrained Ideas :D :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
LOL...I got it.

OWCHI

Perfect! :clap: :clap: :D

lepfan
04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
LOL...I got it.

OWCHI

Opinionated Women Criticizing Hairbrained Ideas :D I'M IN....I'M IN....

NOT ONLY AM I IN I AM THE PRESIDENT!!!!! (self elected)

NateDawg39
04-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I'M IN....I'M IN....

NOT ONLY AM I IN I AM THE PRESIDENT!!!!! (self elected) OH OH OH!!!! Can I be a YES MAN!!!!????:cool:

LH Panther Mom
04-06-2006, 02:48 PM
OH OH OH!!!! Can I be a YES MAN!!!!????:cool:
Only in the "he-man woman haters" club. :devil: :devil: :devil:

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2006, 03:02 PM
I'M IN....I'M IN....

NOT ONLY AM I IN I AM THE PRESIDENT!!!!! (self elected)

LOL...works for me! Those crazy Roberts Rules of Order just slow me down. ;)

I'll be the treasurer...members can feel free to forward their $$$ to me.:wave:

44INAROW
04-06-2006, 03:26 PM
LOL...I got it.

OWCHI

I think we know someone in the legal profession that can hook us up with some by-laws :D

lepfan
04-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Well in my little world I am dealing with Adrianne....a first year principal who chooses to be a bit likt hitler. Not only that, but she has never been in a regular classroom so she does not have a clue the ins and outs....I do believe I have lasted my 18 years by knowing what I am doing....(I am up against her 4 or 5 years experience)

lepfan
04-06-2006, 03:28 PM
LOL...works for me! Those crazy Roberts Rules of Order just slow me down. ;)

I'll be the treasurer...members can feel free to forward their $$$ to me.:wave: As president I am going to request that the treasurer send all $$$$ to me. :devil:

BTEXDAD
04-06-2006, 03:58 PM
LOL...I got it.

OWCHI

My wife is in something similar

OWCHI

Opinionated Women Criticizing Husband's Ideas

LH Panther Mom
04-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
My wife is in something similar

OWCHI

Opinionated Women Criticizing Husband's Ideas
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Husband.....hairbrained.... Yes, I can see the similarity. ;)

AP Panther Fan
04-06-2006, 04:39 PM
As president I am going to request that the treasurer send all $$$$ to me. :devil:

Well alrighty then....I think I will pass on the treasurer thing.:D Lord knows I have a hard enough time keeping my own finances straight.;)

We definitely need to recruit:eek: (there's that word) Pirate4State....not only will she fit in nicely, like 44inarow said, she can take care of those by-laws and any other legalities. She might make a good recording secretary...wonder how many wpm she types?:clap: :clap: :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Sealy has a new Superintendent this year, looks like he is trying to get it right for the school.

NateDawg39
04-06-2006, 06:30 PM
DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!!!!!!:nerd:

pirate4state
04-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Well alrighty then....I think I will pass on the treasurer thing. Lord knows I have a hard enough time keeping my own finances straight.

We definitely need to recruit (there's that word) Pirate4State....not only will she fit in nicely, like 44inarow said, she can take care of those by-laws and any other legalities. She might make a good recording secretary...wonder how many wpm she types?

:nerd: :nerd: Did someone say by-laws??? My wpm has suffered lately, but I'm sure I can handle what we'll need. ;) :clap: Sign me up!!

Iknowalot
04-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Funny how it's a Bellville fan who started this thread when many of us know how they have skirted the UIL recruitment / eligibililty rules when there is a player from Colorado on their team that can't be eligible by our normal standards. Even their coaches admit they can't believe the UIL granted eligibility. So if the UIL investigates Sealy, they should investigate Bellville too, because they must have not investigated enough before. Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing about the situation, so it needs to be straightened out before the playoffs start for all schools.

lepfan
04-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Well alrighty then....I think I will pass on the treasurer thing.:D Lord knows I have a hard enough time keeping my own finances straight.;)

We definitely need to recruit:eek: (there's that word) Pirate4State....not only will she fit in nicely, like 44inarow said, she can take care of those by-laws and any other legalities. She might make a good recording secretary...wonder how many wpm she types?:clap: :clap: :clap: I was thinking it would help keep my personal finances straight....I could skim a little off the top ;)

BTEXDAD
04-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Iknowalot
Funny how it's a Bellville fan who started this thread when many of us know how they have skirted the UIL recruitment / eligibililty rules when there is a player from Colorado on their team that can't be eligible by our normal standards. Even their coaches admit they can't believe the UIL granted eligibility. So if the UIL investigates Sealy, they should investigate Bellville too, because they must have not investigated enough before. Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing about the situation, so it needs to be straightened out before the playoffs start for all schools.

Exactly how do you KNOW correct procedures weren't followed? Paperwork was submitted, situation reviewed by UIL and they arrived at their decision. Investigation has already been done.
I too am tired of hearing about the situation.

And by the way, the Bellville person who started this thread became aware of it from the SEALY newspaper.

It doesn't appear that the problems Sealy has were done intentionally, so hopefully they're given some leeway as to what kind of punishment if any is given out.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-07-2006, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BTEXDAD

And by the way, the Bellville person who started this thread became aware of it from the SEALY newspaper.

This was not something that was hear-say, or something heard through the grapevine, or rumor, this was public notice by the Sealy News. If you what to get on someone call the Sealy news.

Good post BTEXDAD about Bellvilles so called recruit, this girl was OK'ed by the UIL Before she came to Bellville. She has family that live here and most people dont know the full storie about this girl and what has happened in her life the past few years.

HPLJ6L
04-07-2006, 11:00 AM
So Bellville does not like Sealy. Sealy does not like Bellville. Sealy screwed up but so has Bellville in the past. What is the point?

Lets look at the record.
FB-Bellville
VB-Bellville
BBb-Split
GBb-Sealy
BTrack-probably Sealy
GTrack-probably Bellville

You guys act like those teams up north sweatwater and snydley, and what-not carrying on like a bunch o' babies. Show some class and let it go. It's up to the UIL now.

SWMustang
04-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
So Bellville does not like Sealy. Sealy does not like Bellville. Sealy screwed up but so has Bellville in the past. What is the point?

Lets look at the record.
FB-Bellville
VB-Bellville
BBb-Split
GBb-Sealy
BTrack-probably Sealy

You guys act like those teams up north sweatwater and snydley, and what-not carrying on like a bunch o' babies. Show some class and let it go. It's up to the UIL now.

This is a Bellville/Sealy border skirmish - don't drag us into it.

mrescape43
04-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
This is a Bellville/Sealy border skirmish - don't drag us into it.

Hey they are just paying us back. Look at all the Snyder Sweetwater skirmishes that occur on the DLOW! :D

NateDawg39
04-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L

Lets look at the record.
FB-Bellville
VB-Bellville
BBb-Split
GBb-Sealy
BTrack-probably Sealy

You guys act like those teams up north sweatwater and snydley, and what-not carrying on like a bunch o' babies. Show some class and let it go. It's up to the UIL now. Man these new guys have anger problems...probably a 13 year old:p

mrescape43
04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Man these new guys have anger problems...probably a 13 year old:p

Anger problems and lack of spelling skills! Where the heck is Sweatwater and Snydley? :rolleyes:

KL3
04-07-2006, 01:11 PM
HPLJ6L, I don't know if your talking about this years results or what in that post, but Bellville will beat Sealy in boys and girls track. In fact, the only thing Sealy will beat Bellville in district is 1 boys basketball game, and 1 girls basketball game. It will be close for girls golf. Bellville has beaten them in everything else.

XMan
04-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I for one am just glad that the UIL was smart enough to rule the Bellville girl eligible. The ruling really has made the 'nettes into a contender. They asked if she moved for athletic reasons and she said, "no". That should take care of it. I mean come on, dont lots of kids move in with relatives to play? I see no problem with it.

KL3
04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
XMan, no doubt Shadow makes them a little stronger, but this team had everyone returning from a team that took La Grange to 3 games last year in the playoffs. They would be a top 5 team without Shadow.

HPLJ6L
04-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by KL3
HPLJ6L, I don't know if your talking about this years results or what in that post, but Bellville will beat Sealy in boys and girls track. In fact, the only thing Sealy will beat Bellville in district is 1 boys basketball game, and 1 girls basketball game. It will be close for girls golf. Bellville has beaten them in everything else.

Yes I stand corrected the girls BB did split. Now Baseball - Bellville and Softball ?- Sealy, and we will see about the track after the district meet but from what I have seen I wouldn't bet against the Tigers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Bellville vs Sealy ---Softball---- Bellville 2-0

Bellville vs Sealy ---Baseball-----Bellville 1-0 (One more game to go.)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by KL3
XMan, no doubt Shadow makes them a little stronger, but this team had everyone returning from a team that took La Grange to 3 games last year in the playoffs. They would be a top 5 team without Shadow.

What he said!!!