PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks Ex-Wife Kidnapped

ILS1
04-04-2006, 08:53 PM
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma (AP) -- The ex-wife of country music star Garth Brooks was kidnapped at gunpoint by a man who worked on her farm after she cooperated with a bail bondsman who wanted to arrest the worker, authorities said Tuesday.

Sandy Brooks had allowed the bondsman onto her property Monday to apprehend the man, who was wanted on an outstanding warrant. The worker responded by drawing a weapon, forcing her into a car and ordering her to drive away, said Barry Lamb, undersheriff of Rogers County.

After driving for several miles (kilometers), Brooks stopped the car and fled into a convenience store, Lamb said.

Quintine Cornelius Harper, 24, was arrested and charged Tuesday with kidnapping and weapons offenses, police said.

Sandy Brooks and Garth Brooks were married for 15 years. The couple have three children, but none were present at the time of the kidnapping, Lamb said.

Garth Brooks married Trisha Yearwood in a private ceremony in December at their home northeast of Tulsa.

Sandy Brooks lives nearby, Lamb said.

Story Link (www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/04/brooks.wife.ap/index.html)

lepfan
04-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma (AP) -- The ex-wife of country music star Garth Brooks was kidnapped at gunpoint by a man who worked on her farm after she cooperated with a bail bondsman who wanted to arrest the worker, authorities said Tuesday.

Sandy Brooks had allowed the bondsman onto her property Monday to apprehend the man, who was wanted on an outstanding warrant. The worker responded by drawing a weapon, forcing her into a car and ordering her to drive away, said Barry Lamb, undersheriff of Rogers County.

After driving for several miles (kilometers), Brooks stopped the car and fled into a convenience store, Lamb said.

Quintine Cornelius Harper, 24, was arrested and charged Tuesday with kidnapping and weapons offenses, police said.

Sandy Brooks and Garth Brooks were married for 15 years. The couple have three children, but none were present at the time of the kidnapping, Lamb said.

Garth Brooks married Trisha Yearwood in a private ceremony in December at their home northeast of Tulsa.

Sandy Brooks lives nearby, Lamb said.

Story Link (www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/04/brooks.wife.ap/index.html) Wow, I have not been home to hear the news....from my understanding Sandy's house and Garth's house share back yards....rather large back yards...I have heard they both hav their privacy...but they are within walking distance

clayton7
04-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Cant trust anybody these days.

AggieJohn
04-05-2006, 12:03 PM
sounds like a good country song "That's the time that my ex-wife got kidnapped"

STANG RED
04-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
sounds like a good country song "That's the time that my ex-wife got kidnapped"

LOL!!! As goofy as that sounds, you may actually be on to something there AJ.

AggieJohn
04-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
LOL!!! As goofy as that sounds, you may actually be on to something there AJ. THANKS....

injuredinmelee
04-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I bet when they interview Garth about it he will be crying like a little school girl who just lost her cat fluffy!

injuredinmelee
04-05-2006, 12:12 PM
It used to drive me crazy to see him on tv and crying all the freaking time.

Gobbla2001
04-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I bet when they interview Garth about it he will be crying like a little school girl who just lost her cat fluffy!

Haha...

pirate44
04-05-2006, 12:45 PM
haha. that always anoyed me too.

HPLJ6L
04-05-2006, 12:47 PM
...so I got friends in low places, eh?

Gobbla2001
04-05-2006, 12:48 PM

"You know, we went through s... s... so :crying: much... I mean, I spend time with... T, T, Trisha :crying: , then I drop the k, ki, kids :crying: at Sandy's :crying: and I just wish we lived in Utah so we could :crying: just, just, all sleep together and stuff :crying: :crying: "

Adidas410s
04-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
and I just wish we lived in Utah so we could :crying: just, just, all sleep together and stuff :crying: :crying: "

ewwwwwww...

Maroon87
04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
I read an interview with Garth recently where he said that Trisha "was the woman he always loved" or something like that. I thought that was very disrespectful to the woman that gave him 3 children...:mad:

footballgal
04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, it is. Hope that Sandy Brooks, has moved on with her life too. That must be awkward to have your ex living just behind your house.

STANG RED
04-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Yeah, it is. Hope that Sandy Brooks, has moved on with her life too. That must be awkward to have your ex living just behind your house.

I'm sure she got many millions from the divorce. She could easily afford to move to where ever she wanted to, if she wanted to. She must not be too miserable with the situation the way it is.

44INAROW
04-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
"You know, we went through s... s... so :crying: much... I mean, I spend time with... T, T, Trisha :crying: , then I drop the k, ki, kids :crying: at Sandy's :crying: and I just wish we lived in Utah so we could :crying: just, just, all sleep together and stuff :crying: :crying: "

rofl...........

pirate44
04-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm sure she got many millions from the divorce. She could easily afford to move to where ever she wanted to, if she wanted to. She must not be too miserable with the situation the way it is.
yeah, divorce is always easier when you get millions

HPLJ6L
04-05-2006, 03:44 PM

What better place can you think of for a bitter ol' hag than right across the yard. Ewweee, women are evil.