PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge searches for agent.

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 03:36 PM
This is from cbs sportsline.

LaMarcus to go Pro. (http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9357436)

Adidas410s
04-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
This is from cbs sportsline.

LaMarcus to go Pro. (http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9357436)

No need for too much concern...read the last line of the article! :D :D :D

"Aldridge's position would be filled ably by 6-10 freshman Kevin Durant, the most impressive player at last week's McDonald's All-American game."

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
No need for too much concern...read the last line of the article! :D :D :D

"Aldridge's position would be filled ably by 6-10 freshman Kevin Durant, the most impressive player at last week's McDonald's All-American game."

No doubt Durants a player, but Rivals has him as an SF at 6'9. He looked good at the AA game, but I think he needs to get a lot bigger to be a dominant center in the Big 12.

Adidas410s
04-04-2006, 04:07 PM
No doubt Durants a player, but Rivals has him as an SF at 6'9. He looked good at the AA game, but I think he needs to get a lot bigger to be a dominant center in the Big 12.

and Aldridge needs to get a lot meaner to be a dominant center in the Big 12! ;)

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 04:15 PM
and Aldridge needs to get a lot meaner to be a dominant center in the Big 12! ;)

No he doesnt, he has to get meaner to be an NBA player.:D

But I do really think at 6'9 and 204 he needs to get a lot bigger to replace Aldridge in the paint.

Adidas410s
04-04-2006, 04:35 PM
No he doesnt, he has to get meaner to be an NBA player.:D

But I do really think at 6'9 and 204 he needs to get a lot bigger to replace Aldridge in the paint.

He definitely had times where he didn't dominate...even in the Big 12. Go look at his stats against A&M and they were quite unimpressive. He did very good against a team (ala WVU) where their big man was not a strong inside presence and preferred to play 8-10+ ft plus from the basket. Then Aldridge could use his leverage and quickness to beat his opponent. Once he got into the paint though he found himself being contained and he put up mediocore, at best, numbers.

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 04:49 PM
He definitely had times where he didn't dominate...even in the Big 12. Go look at his stats against A&M and they were quite unimpressive. He did very good against a team (ala WVU) where their big man was not a strong inside presence and preferred to play 8-10+ ft plus from the basket. Then Aldridge could use his leverage and quickness to beat his opponent. Once he got into the paint though he found himself being contained and he put up mediocore, at best, numbers.

Yeah, thats why I am saying Durants needs to get bigger (bulk) so that Texas has a legitimate inside man. He is a GREAT wing player right now, and if he can put on some more muscle he could be pretty good down low.

Chief Ohera
04-04-2006, 05:39 PM
this brother doesn't need to go professional, he is too weak, not enough muscle, he is still a boy and wants to go play a big man's game.....give me a break, yes the boy has skills, but he is all bones and no muscle, he will get man-handled in the NBA,

i will be his agent, and i will tell him to stay the hell in college.

until next time.

BOOMER SOONER.

Chief Ohera
04-04-2006, 05:41 PM
He is the type of athlete that i would give steroids to, he really needs to beef up and what better way to get big than shooting up, just my opinion, he doesn't have to listen to me

until next time............

TheDOCTORdre
04-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
he doesn't have to listen to me

best advice that u have ever given chief

Chief Ohera
04-04-2006, 05:45 PM
i didn't mean to put it that way, i just believe that steroids is his best option

until next time...........

kepdawg
04-04-2006, 05:46 PM
this brother doesn't need to go professional, he is too weak, not enough muscle, he is still a boy and wants to go play a big man's game.....give me a break, yes the boy has skills, but he is all bones and no muscle, he will get man-handled in the NBA

That sure does sound like another recent product of DISD. He went to Lincoln then to Georgia Tech for one year. I think he has turned out all right!

AggieJohn
04-04-2006, 06:26 PM
he's considered to be the #1 pick

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
he's considered to be the #1 pick

I just dont see how he is considered the #1 pick. I guess I watched his worst games against us and not much outside of that, but he isnt that physical down low. He has a great skyhook though, gotta give him that.

AggieJohn
04-04-2006, 06:32 PM
mainly because jj is too small and morrison can't play a lick of D and the rest of the people coming out are not that high of a quality players....not developed......

kepdawg
04-04-2006, 06:33 PM
I just dont see how he is considered the #1 pick. I guess I watched his worst games against us and not much outside of that, but he isnt that physical down low. He has a great skyhook though, gotta give him that.

The draft is all about potential and I guess he has a whole lot of it!

Adidas410s
04-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The draft is all about potential and I guess he has a whole lot of it!

that and how many teams are TRULY physical in the NBA? It's a shooters game now and it doesn't matter what position you play. Last night I watched Brad Miller and Dirk take more shots from outside 15 ft than anybody else on their respective teams. If Aldridge can outplay his opponents from the 5-12 ft range then he can be an EXCELLENT player in the NBA. If he can add a power inside game and/or the ability to extend his game beyond the 3-pt line then he will become a premier (i.e. top 5/10) player in the league.

injuredinmelee
04-05-2006, 12:21 PM
this brother doesn't need to go professional, he is too weak, not enough muscle, he is still a boy and wants to go play a big man's game.....give me a break, yes the boy has skills, but he is all bones and no muscle, he will get man-handled in the NBA,

i will be his agent, and i will tell him to stay the hell in college.

until next time.

BOOMER SOONER.

Dont tell anyone but I agree with chief here.

injuredinmelee
04-05-2006, 12:22 PM
He is the type of athlete that i would give steroids to, he really needs to beef up and what better way to get big than shooting up, just my opinion, he doesn't have to listen to me

now this is the type of post that we expect out of chief cornholio. Thre he goes making a good point then screwing it up with an asnine comment.

Adidas410s
04-05-2006, 12:44 PM

you stay classy chief...you stay classy :thumbsup:

BTEXDAD
04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
mainly because jj is too small and morrison can't play a lick of D and the rest of the people coming out are not that high of a quality players....not developed......

point taken, aggie.
Weak draft is only reason Aldridge would be rated so high already. I think he needs another year of seasoning.
Had some super games, but the last game against LSU showed how he could be pushed around by physical inside players.

BTEXDAD
04-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Dont tell anyone but I agree with chief here.

I guess i'm agreeing with chief also, but I'll deny it under oath if necessary.

Adidas410s
04-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I guess i'm agreeing with chief also, but I'll deny it under oath if necessary.

Chief isn't pointing anything different than anybody else in this thread. The consensus, from analysts, coaches, fans, etc., is that he should stay another year and develop the "mean streak" that he needs to be an elite player. Don't go giving chief too much credit now! :p

big daddy russ
04-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Aldridge should come out now because of the timing. Like someone else said, this is a weak draft class and Aldridge has a legitimate chance at going off the board with the first pick.

Sure, he has trouble with more physical players and no, he's not ready for the NBA game, but if he comes out next year or the year after that there will be tons of guys who could be taken ahead of him. If he comes out now, he's guaranteed a spot in the lottery and the multi-million dollar contract that goes with it.

big daddy russ
04-05-2006, 02:43 PM
BTW, we'll look back on this draft in ten years and realize that Rudy Gay was the only decent player picked in this draft.

By then, Joakim Noah will have taken up tennis after being cut from some no-name team from Afghanistan, JJ Redick will have been traded for a pack of chewing gum and some guy named Tyrus Thomas, and Adam Morrison will be institutionalized.

Adidas410s
04-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
BTW, we'll look back on this draft in ten years and realize that Rudy Gay was the only decent player picked in this draft.

By then, Joakim Noah will have taken up tennis after being cut from some no-name team from Afghanistan, JJ Redick will have been traded for a pack of chewing gum and some guy named Tyrus Thomas, and Adam Morrison will be institutionalized.

http://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/p/puffdaddyth_itsallabo_101b.jpg

big daddy russ
04-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey, you go to college to make more money, right?

Adidas410s
04-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey, you go to college to make more money, right?

I thought so...then I realized that I actually took a slight pay decrease for this job vs my "college job." Now that will change in a few years because of increased salaries, promotions, etc...but for now it can be hard on a young'n!

big daddy russ
04-05-2006, 03:38 PM
I thought so...then I realized that I actually took a slight pay decrease for this job vs my "college job." Now that will change in a few years because of increased salaries, promotions, etc...but for now it can be hard on a young'n!
LOL, I feel you. I went back to college because the job that I originally dropped out of school to pursue didn't pay as well as I thought it would.

Bulldog_12
04-05-2006, 06:51 PM
This just in.......

PJ to Declare as well. (http://www.nbadraft.net/draftbuzz051.asp)