PDA

View Full Version : Let the Speculation Begin....

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Ok, you knew it was gonna happen fast. Preseason top 10 from sports illustrated for next years College Basketball. I want you guys to check out #9. I think it is great that a team has come so far from being at the bottom for ANYONE to even consider this.
Preseason top 10 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/ncaa_tourney/2006/)

While I dont necesarilly agree with A&M being ahead of a few teams (i.e. LSU, UCONN, Duke, etc.) I have to admit I like to see it. :D

turbostud
04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Ok, you knew it was gonna happen fast. Preseason top 10 from sports illustrated for next years College Basketball. I want you guys to check out #9. I think it is great that a team has come so far from being at the bottom for ANYONE to even consider this.

While I dont necesarilly agree with A&M being ahead of a few teams (i.e. LSU, UCONN, Duke, etc.) I have to admit I like to see it. :D
Just like in Football every year, A&M gets ranked high and we hear nothing but how good they are and how they are going to kick everyones tail and then reality sets in after the season starts. :hand:

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 12:47 PM
That happened onec in forever in football and that was last year. Any time before that when we were ranked high we showed up. Do you follow us that closely? Close enough that you can have "facts" that show how bad we are and how we never do anything ALL THE TIME? Can you say, "unhealthy obsession?"

JasperDog94
04-04-2006, 12:50 PM
TCan you say, "unhealthy obsession?" Sure. Just look at your avatar.

griff
04-04-2006, 12:52 PM
What? A&M's basketball team hasn't been ranked in years. I'm sure you were referring to the underachievments of their football program, but this is about their basketball team. #9 may be a little high, but the basketball team has accomplished a lot of ground in a short amount of time. Based on their returning players, much improved recruiting, the way yhey play defense, and a coach who has it together, it's fair to expect A&M basketball to continue rising.

I'm an A&M fan who does NOT despise UT. When they play each other, I root for A&M, but I don't carry a disdain for UT. I was thrilled to see the Longhorns win the national championship in football. I pull for the home team even if A&M isn't represented. I was really hoping UT would make the Final Four.

Does anyone else here view the two schools the way I do? I think the way I see UT and A&M is becoming an extinct viewpoint.

turbostud
04-04-2006, 12:52 PM
That happened onec in forever in football and that was last year. Any time before that when we were ranked high we showed up. Do you follow us that closely? Close enough that you can have "facts" that show how bad we are and how we never do anything ALL THE TIME? Can you say, "unhealthy obsession?"
LOL, Can you say "Aggies sometimes dont know when to close their pieholes about how good the Aggies are going to be". Your post is a perfect example.

DaHop72
04-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Sure. Just look at your avatar. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NateDawg39
04-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
LOL, Can you say "Aggies sometimes dont when to close their pieholes about how good the Aggies are going to be". Your post is a perfect example. I know everyone can say "SHUTUP" about it and get over rankings...wait..I never say that!!!!:(

turbostud
04-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Sure. Just look at your avatar.

LOL, very nice.:clap: :clap:

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 12:58 PM
LOL, Can you say "Aggies sometimes dont when to close their pieholes about how good the Aggies are going to be". Your post is a perfect example.

Perfect example???? I just said how I dont agree with us being there above some of those teams, but I like it. How in ANY sense can that be a perfect example of not closing pieholes. You always get on here and rag the football team and the fans even when neither are being talked about. If you could get off UT's jockstrap for two seconds maybe you could have an intelligent conversation about sports, whether its your team or not just like many of the Texas fans and myself have had in the past.
Jasperdog, I dont deny my schools unhealthy obsession. I just want some people to see their's whenever they have to jump in on something A&M and put us down.

STANG RED
04-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by griff
What? A&M's basketball team hasn't been ranked in years. I'm sure you were referring to the underachievments of their football program, but this is about their basketball team. #9 may be a little high, but the basketball team has accomplished a lot of ground in a short amount of time. Based on their returning players, much improved recruiting, the way yhey play defense, and a coach who has it together, it's fair to expect A&M basketball to continue rising.

I'm an A&M fan who does NOT despise UT. When they play each other, I root for A&M, but I don't carry a disdain for UT. I was thrilled to see the Longhorns win the national championship in football. I pull for the home team even if A&M isn't represented. I was really hoping UT would make the Final Four.

Does anyone else here view the two schools the way I do? I think the way I see UT and A&M is becoming an extinct viewpoint.
I like your point of veiw griff. I pretty much feel the same way. There is alot I like about both schools.

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 01:02 PM
I agree with Griff as well, as many of you guys know. I will root for UT as long as they dont play us. I hoped UT would go far in the NCAA and even went so far as to secretly root for them on January 4th. Its not becoming an extinct viewpoint, its just harder to maintain thanks to people like turbo.

JasperDog94
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by griff
Does anyone else here view the two schools the way I do? I think the way I see UT and A&M is becoming an extinct viewpoint. Naw. I'm with you. I root for Texas first, Texas schools second, Big 12 (minus OU) third, and then anyone that's playing Notre Dame fourth.

turbostud
04-04-2006, 01:12 PM
If you could get off UT's jockstrap for two seconds maybe you could have an intelligent conversation about sports, whether its your team or not just like many of the Texas fans and myself have had in the past.

Ok, real intelligent, it shows.

Wow, that has to be the ugliest picture ever. Two of the things I dislike the most, Nascar and UT. Gag a maggot.
lol;)

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Ok, real intelligent, it shows.

What are you freaking talking about???? Are you trying to make me look bad? Trust me, it isnt working. I guess you didn't notice the LOL and the winking face in the bottom of that qoute.:hand:

turbostud
04-04-2006, 01:17 PM
What are you freaking talking about???? Are you trying to make me look bad? Trust me, it isnt working. I guess you didn't notice the LOL and the winking face in the bottom of that qoute.:hand:
OK, I apologize. I was just trying to get you riled up. Please accept my humble apology. LOL;)

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 01:18 PM
??????? Clean out PMs

Phil C
04-04-2006, 01:22 PM
I agree with Griff as well, as many of you guys know. I will root for UT as long as they dont play us. I hoped UT would go far in the NCAA and even went so far as to secretly root for them on January 4th. Its not becoming an extinct viewpoint, its just harder to maintain thanks to people like turbo.

Hey Bulldog isn't that beautiful right there?! :)

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/wp/Football/young_010506_04/800.jpg

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey Bulldog isn't that beautiful right there?! :)

http://http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/wp/Football/young_010506_04/800.jpg

I dont see the image Phil, but I can only imagine. lol

Phil C
04-04-2006, 01:24 PM
I dont see the image Phil, but I can only imagine. lol

Check again. :)

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Eh, its alright.:D

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Now that the arguing is over, my thread is gonna die and slowly sink to the second page as all of the survivor and American Idol stuff begins.

STANG RED
04-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Now that the arguing is over, my thread is gonna die and slowly sink to the second page as all of the survivor and American Idol stuff begins.

All good things must come to an end Bulldog. :D

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
All good things must come to an end Bulldog. :D

I guess, I really thought about half way through this that me and the chief would have to get a friendship going. Thats the first thread I have ever had in the two years that has jumped up that quick. I kinda enjoyed it. And I can talk tough seeing as I am on the internet.:D

griff
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Naw. I'm with you. I root for Texas first, Texas schools second, Big 12 (minus OU) third, and then anyone that's playing Notre Dame fourth.

Ditto on the Notre Dame thing. My list also includes, "Anyone playing against Duke, teams from New York, California, the Redskins, and the Steelers."

big daddy russ
04-04-2006, 03:10 PM
It may not be as far-fetched a ranking as most think.

Bulldog_12
04-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It may not be as far-fetched a ranking as most think.

While it isnt THAT far fetched due to the amount of talent coming in and the returning starters and how the defense was so good, It just seems a little high. maybe I am just not used to seeing that on a basketball poll. But it seems wierd to be ahead of Duke, UConn, and Nova who have all proved to be good teams year in and year out.

turbostud
04-04-2006, 03:34 PM
??????? Clean out PMs
theyre clean

Old Dog
04-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Griff, there are many of us that like the Horns until they play the Ags. Many of my Ags grad friends tell me that the "Anti-Horn" attitude is drilled into them so much at A&M that it stays with em for life.

Common sense tells me your team is better off beating a 11-0 team than one that is 0-11. That illustration goes both ways too!

I observed an Aggie defending this school of thought on an Ag web site and I thought his peers were gona put a contract out on him!

Bulldog_12
04-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Ok, hopefully people wont consider this, "not shutting my piehole," but this is from the San Fransisco Chronicle.

Read the very end of the article. (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2006/04/05/SPGV2I3EGD1.DTL)

spiveyrat
04-05-2006, 12:14 PM

According to the article... LSU is in the category of "on the fringe"??? :doh: :hand:

If those guys can learn to shoot an occasional 3 pointer before next year... Oh my!

big daddy russ
04-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
According to the article... LSU is in the category of "on the fringe"??? :doh: :hand:

If those guys can learn to shoot an occasional 3 pointer before next year... Oh my!
I think they're factoring in the fact that Tyrus Thomas is leaning towards the draft and they lose Darrell Mitchell.

Bulldog_12
04-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Here is one more poll from ESPN. I think theirs is probably the most accurate.

Preseason Picks (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2397715)