PDA

View Full Version : Where Should theDOCTORdre go to college?

TheDOCTORdre
04-03-2006, 09:00 PM
This isnt a poll its a thread where u state where ur heart desires to see Dre go to college at and why. If u r lucky, ur choice may just be selected and u will win a prize of Dre's choice, to be determined at a later date. If no ones choice is picked Dre will buy him slef something nice. THanks for the input...

Gobbla2001
04-03-2006, 09:02 PM
stay in Texas... don't go to that O-Blew place...

TheDOCTORdre
04-03-2006, 09:03 PM
dont worry i will not consider any out of state options

big daddy russ
04-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I thought you were at UT. If you're there, why not stay?

TheDOCTORdre
04-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I thought you were at UT. If you're there, why not stay?
no i left UT last year due to some unexpected curves that life threw me and i ended up taking the whole year off of school, and am ready to go back this fall

Gobbla2001
04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
no i left UT last year due to some unexpected curves that life threw me and i ended up taking the whole year off of school, and am ready to go back this fall

Go to Texas State...

District303aPastPlayer
04-03-2006, 09:13 PM
TxSt.

Eat em up Cats!

big daddy russ
04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Gotcha.

TX State's a good choice. Still close to all your buddies in Austin, beautiful campus, tons of majors. That's probably where I'll wind up in the fall.

If not there, why not consider Tech or UofH? Both carry pretty good name recognition, and neither are as hard to get into as UT or A&M.

Gobbla2001
04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Go to hell!!!

jk

TheDOCTORdre
04-03-2006, 09:15 PM
that was uncalled for u better be glad im not a mod:D

SintonFan
04-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Go to Texas State...

TxSt. Eat em up Cats!
lol
Two votes for THE party college!:D

piratebg
04-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Papalote Tech

Home of the Fighting Mosquitoes

big daddy russ
04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Papalote Tech

Home of the Fighting Mosquitoes
LOL. I went to a huge ball out in "Windmill" a few years back. The Anderson Ranch is out there (Anderson Distributor-- Budweiser, Miller, etc.) and hosted the Cattleman's Ball. Troy Aikman, Joe Avezzano (former Cowboys Sp. Teams Coach) and the Bellamy Brothers were there.

Old Tiger
04-03-2006, 10:01 PM
University of Miami(FL) - You can say you went to "The U"

Ohio State University - You can say you went to "The Ohio State University"

Stanford - Good academics and its mascot isn't plural.

Maryland - just because they have cool football jersey's and lights out played there.

Texas State - you can say you're neither a horn or a aggie

Buccaneer
04-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
LOL. I went to a huge ball out in "Windmill" a few years back. The Anderson Ranch is out there (Anderson Distributor-- Budweiser, Miller, etc.) and hosted the Cattleman's Ball. Troy Aikman, Joe Avezzano (former Cowboys Sp. Teams Coach) and the Bellamy Brothers were there.

It is the Andrews Ranch owned by Barry Andrews.

District303aPastPlayer
04-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
It is the Andrews Ranch owned by Barry Andrews.

i was wondering. . .

GreenMonster
04-03-2006, 10:25 PM
This isnt a poll its a thread where u state where ur heart desires to see Dre go to college at and why. If u r lucky, ur choice may just be selected and u will win a prize of Dre's choice, to be determined at a later date. If no ones choice is picked Dre will buy him slef something nice. THanks for the input...

Dre, go back to Texas. That's where you want to be and where you belong. I don't know you, but I did have many opportunities to chat with you while you were a student at UT. You sir, were happy. Pell grants and student loans are available. With the degree you will have and the promise you have shown the payback on these loans will be a breeze for a smart guy like you. Go for your dreams. Don't be like me, I am a huge A&M fan that allowed himself to be denied the opportunity to attend the school of his dreams in order to save a few bucks by staying close to home. I won't say that I am ashamed of my degree but I'm not a PROUD graduate of Midwestern State University, but rather a reluctant graduate of Hometown U.

big daddy russ
04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
GM has a great point. UT is a top-notch academic school and one of the top public universities in the nation. I didn't know whether or not you could get back in, but if you can I say go for it.

Besides, where else can you buy a sports pass and see three national championship squads?

Chief Ohera
04-03-2006, 11:08 PM
whatever you choose don't go to UT, horrible acadimics, and too many damn hippies, homeless, queers, and librals at UT, don't go there,

so long until next time..........

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-03-2006, 11:25 PM
What is your major?

DU_stud04
04-04-2006, 01:44 AM
yo mezcan, i need a roomaite, come up to uta

SintonFan
04-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

. lol
:hairpunk: :devil:
Yall lookin forward to seeing "Silent Hill"? It's gonna be awesome!

District303aPastPlayer
04-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
whatever you choose don't go to UT, horrible acadimics, and too many damn hippies, homeless, queers, and librals at UT, don't go there,

so long until next time..........

yeah, like the chief said... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

go back to UT if you want. . . id take the chance to go back if i could... instead of a darn private school...

sahen
04-04-2006, 02:57 AM
come join us at the darn private school in bear country....:) Baylor is a great place to go to school (except waco)...sic'em bears!

CenTexSports
04-04-2006, 07:39 AM
I also went to Midwestern State and the school is OK but WF is the HOTTEST place in the summer and the COLDEST place in the winter. I have several friends that went to Stephen F. Austin and I think it is a really good school with a beautiful campus. I recommend SFA.

44INAROW
04-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
horrible acadimics, and

Isn't irony, ironic?:D

JasperDog94
04-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Isn't irony, ironic?:D You betcha!;)

AP Panther Fan
04-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Texas State.........

Okay, I am saying this for selfish reasons....the more of you that go there the more eyes I can have on my son.;) All I am waiting for is Z Motion to say he is going to teach there and life will be good.

Actually, I think it is a wonderful school. They are having another "Bobcat Day" on April 22nd where you can tour the school etc.... We plan on going back because we rushed through looking at dorms so we could make the football game last November. You might want to check it out on the 22nd. There is more info on the school's website.:)

AggieJohn
04-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

lol
Two votes for THE party college!:D

exactly why you don't want to go....

AggieJohn
04-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Go to A&M-cc, it's one of the top six in academics in the state and has basically the cheapest tuition

District303aPastPlayer
04-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Go to A&M, it's one of the top six in academics in the state and has basically the cheapest tuition

he would rather go to hell than A&M after goin to UT.. (he said it in the chat last night)

JasperDog94
04-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Dre,

It all depends on what you're looking for. Do you want a degree that's from a "big time" university or do you just need a degree? Does it matter to you what college is stamped on your diploma? If not, then go to a smaller school with cheaper tuition. You'll thank yourself later when paying off all those bills. (This is coming from a UT fan.)

Phil C
04-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Sam Houston State University. Then you can go watch the Bobcats beat your former school in football this fall.

:D

AggieJohn
04-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he would rather go to hell than A&M after goin to UT.. (he said it in the chat last night) i meant a&m-corpus..my bad

District303aPastPlayer
04-04-2006, 10:06 AM
now A&M-CC... SLC representers next year... and not to mention the beach is less than 10 minutes away

AP Panther Fan
04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
now A&M-CC... SLC representers next year... and not to mention the beach is less than 10 minutes away

HEY....and he would have loving family members only thirty minutes away...:evillaugh :evillaugh

That should have changed his mind if he was considering it.;)

District303aPastPlayer
04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
HEY....and he would have loving family members only thirty minutes away...:evillaugh :evillaugh

That should have changed his mind if he was considering it.;)

i dont know how to react to this

AP Panther Fan
04-04-2006, 10:13 AM
i dont know how to react to this

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Whsdogs
04-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Angelo State...its cheap and a very good academic program...i already mention its cheap?:p

DaHop72
04-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Dre, I think bathe it in prayer and go where God leads you. I think that would be the best path for you to pursue.

JasperDog94
04-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Dre, I think bathe it in prayer and go where God leads you. I think that would be the best path for you to pursue. :clap: :clap: But it is a good idea to seek wise council. ("wise" is the key word in the previous statement)

olddawggreen
04-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
What is your major?

I was wondering when someone was going to ask about the major. The school you choose could be very important, depending on what your major is.:) What field do you plan to enter after graduation?

DaHop72
04-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
:clap: :clap: But it is a good idea to seek wise council. ("wise" is the key word in the previous statement) Someone wiser than God????

JasperDog94
04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Someone wiser than God???? No, but the Bible does talk about seeking wise council. Ever had God speak to you through other people or circumstances? I know I have.

DaHop72
04-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
No, but the Bible does talk about seeking wise council. Ever had God speak to you through other people or circumstances? I know I have. Sorry, didn't understand what you were saying the first time. I aplogize and yes I have many times in my life as well.

JasperDog94
04-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Sorry, didn't understand what you were saying the first time. I aplogize and yes I have many times in my life as well. Cool.

mustang04
04-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
Angelo State...its cheap and a very good academic program...i already mention its cheap?:p
EXACTLY!!!! come on Dre!! come to ASU!!!! i have fun...WE'LL have fun haha:D

TheDOCTORdre
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
for those of you who asked, kinesiology is my major. and reggie i will be in angelo this weekend so you can tell me all about the benefits of going to asu then

CHS_CG
04-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Dre, I vote *as shocking as it is to some of you * go back to UT.... You love that school.. it fits you and who you wanna be! :clap:

Whsdogs
04-04-2006, 08:42 PM
asu has awesommmmme kinesiology professors....thats my major here and i love it...you will gain ALOT of usefull knowledge thats for sure and all the other college things around here are fun too