PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City beats Hardin-Jefferson 27-21

Old Cardinal
10-11-2002, 11:35 PM
After a 21-0 Ho-Hum ballgame with Bridge City ahead at halftime, H-J unleashed a good spread passing attack and put some points on the Board! They scored a time or two and everyone said "That's nice" However, their spread offense was quite effective. H-J has two good running backs that were injured that returned last week as they shut out Kountze40-0. Well those two new backs ad a whole new dimension to H-J's attack. They are a good team trying to carve out a Division two spot. Bridge City dominated the first half and H-J's spread offense dominated the second half of play. I head on the radio that Buna upset H-F and that Orangefield beat Anahuac. Anyone know any 20-3A,21-3A or 22-3A scores?

BH_146
10-11-2002, 11:50 PM
Barbers Hill defeated Splendora 42-14, Cleveland beat Tarkington 13-7, Huffman over Shepherd 20- 14. In District 21-AAA, Kountze defeated Hardin 34-20 and the Orangefield score was 20-10. Still checking for the Liberty-Coldspring score.

Old Cardinal
10-12-2002, 12:03 AM
To B_146 Congratulations on your big win. I heard that Liberty beat Coldspring, but that is not confirmed. Well if Bridge City plays BH like they did tonight in the second half-you guy's will be facing more Playoff games! Did you hear that Buna upset H-F and Woodville and Kirbyville played the Big Boys some good games? I figured you would beat Splendora, but not so convincingly, WOW!

exbccards76'smom
10-12-2002, 12:20 AM
get this one...Buna beat Hamshire Fannett 16-0!! http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

BH_146
10-12-2002, 12:20 AM
Thanks Old Cardinal and congrats to BC on another win. It looks like your district is going to be a real scramble to the end for spots 2 & 3. We jumped to a 21-0 early in the first and just maintained our distance for the rest of the game. Carrington had his usual game of 200 plus yards and 4 scores. But the play of our offensive and defensive lines impressed me tonight. Our youth is beginning to recognize their reads much quicker and getting to the positions where they should be. I believe we have the talent but we have been slow to react.

Chris Hart
10-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Congratulations Old Cardinal on another win. The secondary probably got some good experience in the second half that will ultimately help down the road. I wish the Cardinals continued success.

BH_146
10-12-2002, 12:28 AM
I just saw where Coldspring defeated Liberty 22-21.

3ABirdMan
10-12-2002, 12:30 AM
A couple of thoughts on tonights game...

Were the guys dragging because of getting up for Orangefield last week, and then blowing them out? It's hard to get a team up 2 weeks in a row, especially as high as they were last week. They looked very flat in the 1st and 3rd Qtrs on both sides of the ball, and not alot better in the 2nd and 4th.

Bridge City has GOT to find someone who can catch a pass. Trey Rhodes did great against Hamshire Fannett - where was he tonight? One more dropped pass, and I was ready to suit up (24 years and 55 pounds too late, but I got HANDS on the end of my arms!). :D

As demonstrated in the Silsbee scrimage, our pass defense is suspect, if you call what I saw tonight pass defense! Mark my words, it's gonna cost us one day soon if we don't get all the kinks out. :(

And, was it just me, or was tonight one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen? The zebras didn't cost Hardin-Jefferson or us anything (except 1 fumble on a very screwy call) that would have really changed the outcome. :p "I jusT thought it Seemed as thoUgh the offiCials lacKed control ovEr most of the game anD Both teAms paiD for it."

Congrats to the Hawks for staying in the game! They never quit or let up, and made it a game in the 4th Qtr. I know it was a hard loss for your team, but you guys really played hard, and it didn't go unnoticed.

Old Cardinal
10-12-2002, 01:02 PM
Thanks Chris, sound like Burnet is rolling well......3ABirdMan, You are right, our pass defense has not jelled. In fact, I noticed that they pulled the Sophmore Jon Landry out and inserted Matt Peebles back in his old spot, that he played last year, as Safety, to help foil the passing attack in the last quarter! I agree, folks like Jason Myers that can really catch the ball, seem to not be the primary targets. Sometimes, a good passing scheme is interupted by the run. Defensing a spread passing attack is difficult. Remember however, Hardin-Jefferson was predicted to take second place in the District at the first of the year, with the two injured running backs playing again-they might just do it, if Buna doesn't!

FBmania
10-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Congratulations to the BC CARDS! Looks like the head-on collision in D-1 is picking up speed! But, we still have some major obstacles in our way, a scrappy much improved Liberty team and a Coldspring squad that just refuses to lose. Good luck the rest of the year!