PDA

View Full Version : Burnets new School....

BurnetBandRules
10-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Just wondering how many schools were building a new school? I know Liberty Hill already has and so has elgin, just wondering about other schools. About Burnet Building a new school. This is true. You should see the area they area they are clearing behind the existing school. It is HUGE! It is supposed to be able to hold up to 1800 students which is a mid-sized 4a school average, I think! Don't quote me on this. I have seen the school plans and boy, IBurnet will have the BEST facilities in the ENTIRE state of 3AAA and most of 4AAAA. They drew the plans off of alot of 4-5AAAAA school plans. The existing band hall at the time is around 3-4,000 square feet and the new one is 8,000 square feet. The new stage will be as big as our existing band hall...that is big! There will be a Visual and Performing Arts Centre (V-PAC) which hardly ANY 3AAA school has at the time. The existing Highschool will become the middle school and the brand new middle school will become elementary. The school is being split up into 5 differen't buildings that center around a court yard that is about the size of a football field with a amphitheatre in the middle that seats 1200.

Old Dog
10-01-2003, 04:34 PM
No wonder my taxes are so high.....LOL (maybe)!

Bandera YaYa
10-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Whew! Can I come play??? :)

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 04:45 PM
We're adding a new academic building, cafeteria and library here in Cuero... Doing some renovating I'm sure...

Gunna look pretty sweet....

Football GOD
10-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Well you can thank me for supporting you all under the robin hood law.I belong to one of the richest school districts in the state and ever since that law kicked in it has really hurt us.No kidding last year we had to send 13 million to the state and we just got this years statement 27 million ..No joking matter my friend. frown

BurnetBandRules
10-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Dude, I don't know where you are from but I have NEVER heard of a school system making enough to be able to send that much to the state for other school systems..... WHERE ARE YOU FROM!!!!!

lepfan
10-01-2003, 05:03 PM
BurnetBandRules:
Dude, I don't know where you are from but I have NEVER heard of a school system making enough to be able to send that much to the state for other school systems..... WHERE ARE YOU FROM!!!!!It is true...schools like that exist...

Ray_BearKat
10-01-2003, 05:50 PM
lepfan:

BurnetBandRules:
Dude, I don't know where you are from but I have NEVER heard of a school system making enough to be able to send that much to the state for other school systems..... WHERE ARE YOU FROM!!!!!It is true...schools like that exist...Where is he from? Highland Park?

X21AAAPlayer
10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Bridge city should have a nice one up in the next couple of years. Finally have the frame going up.

CentralTxFan
10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
And then there is poor Bastrop who can't get a bond passed to get a new school. The kids are crammed into the current school like sardines. Sounds like Football God could be from the Dallas area or Midland/Odessa area possibly?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Football GOD:
Well you can thank me for supporting you all under the robin hood law.I belong to one of the richest school districts in the state and ever since that law kicked in it has really hurt us.No kidding last year we had to send 13 million to the state and we just got this years statement 27 million ..No joking matter my friend. :(I wouldn't be too shocked if it is Port Isabel he's referring to. And if you're wondering why Port Isabel ISD is a "rich" school district......i've got three words. "South" "Padre" "Island"

lepfan
10-01-2003, 08:35 PM
CentralTxFan:
And then there is poor Bastrop who can't get a bond passed to get a new school. The kids are crammed into the current school like sardines. Sounds like Football God could be from the Dallas area or Midland/Odessa area possibly?I think either Midland or Odessa did a RIF this year. Some vetran teachers were looking for work...could it be because of the Robin Hood plan??? Ranger Mom might know more of this.