PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 09:12 AM
I cannot find my 20 y/o son. He was supposed to be at work this morning at 6:00 and never showed up. Everyone is trying to call his cellphone, but it goes straight to his voicemail, telling us his mailbox is full.

I talked to him at 10:45 last night and he was planning on heading back to Toyah (about 2.5 hrs from here) in the next hour or so.

I have tracked, through the bank account, that he was in Odessa sometime after I called him, because he had my ATM card and that's the reason he called me because I had forgotten to give him the pin number. He had taken the amount I told him he could borrow sometime after that.

He had dropped a guy off in Odessa and was supposed to pick him back up, he never showed up. That is not like him at all...that is why they have given him so much responsibility at such a young age because they know that he IS dependable!

I am getting ready to call the hospitals, police and sherrifs departments to see if they know anything!

Please pray for his safety.....and he will especially need those prayers if he's just done something stupid and worried me like this!!

Thanks!!

Adidas410s
04-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Will do. One thing to let you know, and I know it's minor, but if you call the cell phone company they should be able to reset his voicemail and clean out the messages. Hope everything works out well for yall. We'll be praying!

Phil C
04-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Will do. One thing to let you know, and I know it's minor, but if you call the cell phone company they should be able to reset his voicemail and clean out the messages. Hope everything works out well for yall. We'll be praying!

Me too.

Bullaholic
04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Our prayers are with you and your son, RM. May the Good Lord watch and keep him safe from harm as he returns to you. God Bless You.

pirate4state
04-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Our prayers are with you and your son, RM. May the Good Lord watch and keep him safe from harm as he returns to you. God Bless You. Ditto!! Please keep us posted.

DaHop72
04-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Ditto!! Please keep us posted. My prayers are with your son and your family.

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 09:27 AM
My prayers ae with your son and you.

SWMustang
04-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I cannot find my 20 y/o son. He was supposed to be at work this morning at 6:00 and never showed up. Everyone is trying to call his cellphone, but it goes straight to his voicemail, telling us his mailbox is full.

I talked to him at 10:45 last night and he was planning on heading back to Toyah (about 2.5 hrs from here) in the next hour or so.

I have tracked, through the bank account, that he was in Odessa sometime after I called him, because he had my ATM card and that's the reason he called me because I had forgotten to give him the pin number. He had taken the amount I told him he could borrow sometime after that.

He had dropped a guy off in Odessa and was supposed to pick him back up, he never showed up. That is not like him at all...that is why they have given him so much responsibility at such a young age because they know that he IS dependable!

I am getting ready to call the hospitals, police and sherrifs departments to see if they know anything!

Please pray for his safety.....and he will especially need those prayers if he's just done something stupid and worried me like this!!

Thanks!!

hang in there.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Okay....he's alright. He broke down on some back road outside of Odessa and was completely out of phone range.

He had dropped a hand off and wasn't 100% sure where he was so he decided to wait until this morning to walk to find a phone or get into cellphone range.

He slept alot later than he planned and had no idea everyone was frantically looking for him!

Thanks guys....now maybe I can get some work done!!

DaHop72
04-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, Praise the Lord. I'm sure glad you have friends on the downlow who still believe in the power of prayer.

Adidas410s
04-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Okay....he's alright. He broke down on some back road outside of Odessa and was completely out of phone range.

He had dropped a hand off and wasn't 100% sure where he was so he decided to wait until this morning to walk to find a phone or get into cellphone range.

He slept alot later than he planned and had no idea everyone was frantically looking for him!

Glad to hear that everything turned out ok! :)

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 09:54 AM
He better be praying for himself...he copped an attitude with me and I hung up on him.

He can figure out how he's gonna get himself and the broken down truck back!

pirate4state
04-03-2006, 09:56 AM

:) :) Glad to hear he is safe & sound!! :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 09:59 AM
He better be praying for himself...he copped an attitude with me and I hung up on him.

Oh come on you know there is no way your gonna let him sit there afte the night you had.

Remember also he spent the entire night sleeping in his truck. I can guarantee he didnt get much sleep at all until the sun came up because he was worried sick about himself and worried that you would be scared.

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 10:00 AM
and also thank goodness he was okay!

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 10:00 AM
forget what those Harvard losers said about how prayer doesnt help.

44INAROW
04-03-2006, 10:02 AM
thank heavens he's OK.. Whew.. scary way to start a Monday for sure!

Phil C
04-03-2006, 10:13 AM

Hey RM I hope you remember that attitude on Mother's Day. :D

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Sure glad to hear all is well. I am sure it was a rough night for him and an even rougher morning for you.;)

spiveyrat
04-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Prayers went out before I even looked at the rest of the thread. Boy, talk about your quick resolutions! :D

Glad all is well, RM! :)

Bullaholic
04-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Glad all is o.k., RM. I'm with you RM---if my son had the wrong attitude after all that....I'm afraid I would have given him my standard "attitude" adjustment---kinda like "Red" on "That 70's Show" does.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I got the WHOLE story now....come to find out, he's not in Odessa at all....he's outside of Lubbock!:mad: :mad:

He did get the truck running though and is limping his way back.

He better thank his lucky stars that is boss really really likes him (and it doesn't hurt that I have worked with his boss's wife for 14 years either)!

KIDS!!! I love em to death but they make me wanna pull my hair out by the roots at times!!!!

pirate4state
04-03-2006, 10:35 AM
I got the WHOLE story now....come to find out, he's not in Odessa at all....he's outside of Lubbock!:mad: :mad:

He better thank his lucky stars that is boss really really likes him (and it doesn't hurt that I have worked with his boss's wife for 14 years either)!

KIDS!!! I love em to death but they make me wanna pull my hair out by the roots at times!!!! Look out!! Momma has been scared out of her wits and now this!! :eek: Run, kid, run!! :D

Remember to BREATH Kellye!!! :kiss:

Phil C
04-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Remember the "kid" is legally an adult and is 20.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Remember the "kid" is legally an adult and is 20.

So that means I can legally whoop his @$$!!

Phil C
04-03-2006, 11:01 AM
So that means I can legally whoop his @$$!!

You go RM!! :D

pirate4state
04-03-2006, 11:02 AM
So that means I can legally whoop his @$$!! LMAO!!! :evillaugh

olddawggreen
04-03-2006, 11:36 AM

Ahhh, the joys of parenting:D , Glad everything worked out RM:)

SintonFan
04-03-2006, 11:45 AM

KIDS!!! I love em to death but they make me wanna pull my hair out by the roots at times!!!!
All in all, I'm glad the boy is safe.:)

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm glad he's okay...at least until you get hold of him. :evillaugh :evillaugh ;)

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 12:36 PM
I think there was a girl involved in this story.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm glad he's okay...at least until you get hold of him. :evillaugh :evillaugh ;)

Well....he limped along til about 15 miles outside of Midland and couldn't go any further. Who did he call?? Momma, of course!

I bet he hated being stuck in a single cab truck with me just now!
Thank to bullaholic, you now have the visual.......this was me and Chad for the past 30 minutes:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5452/image0018dm.gif

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think there was a girl involved in this story.

There was...but it wasn't "his" girl, it was another guy's girl that was with him!!

Bullaholic
04-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Now that's funny, RM. Poor ol', Chad....but he sure can't say that he didn't have it "coming".

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Now that's funny, RM. Poor ol', Chad....but he sure can't say that he didn't have it "coming".

He is at that "magical" age. Like the old Wade Hayes song goes, "old enough to know better, but still too young to care".

In our "exchange" earlier, he told me he was "20 years old" he is a "MAN"...I told him that was fine then he needed to act like one and be more responsible.

He said, "I just said I was 20, I didn't say I was grow'd up".....when I heard the "GROW'D UP", I just died laughing.

I was on a roll too, I was letting him have it and he had to ruin it all by making me laugh...I hate when that happens!!!:mad:

Bullaholic
04-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Yep 20 is a tough age for a young man. Not "technically" a man yet---but he thinks so. But you know what?---I bet everytime he gets "scared" or "confused" enough he will find a way to talk to you, RM. The trick is to let him think it was "your" idea.