PDA

View Full Version : Gal-Dang, what a season it has been (so far)...

Gobbla2001
12-07-2003, 03:47 PM
So a lot of folks were right, Burnet and Gainesville going head to head in the D1 finals... Should be a great game...

Did we or did we not heckle the crap out of Marlin this year? Now look at 'em... What a way to shrug the early season losses off...

PORT ISABEL? I remember a lot of people handin' them some crap early in the season... Now they're going to face Marlin? WHOA, way to go Coach Stumbaugh and company, GO TARPONS!

Jasper? I remember hearing how they wouldn't be able to make it back to the semi's... Not only did they make it back, they did a pretty dern good job against Burnet...

Sinton... Started out slow, then dominated district and and made a little run in the playoffs, nice job you buncha Pie-Rats...

Everman and Bandera, thought Everman would be at the state game right now and figured Bandera would havea little bit of a better season, but let's forget about that, because for another week, they're still the D1 and D2 state champs, and we couldn't have asked for better representatives... Everman defended their title and Bandera came out of no where and got them one in D2, the tale of two different teams I guess...

Gobbla2001, heck, that guy was an a-hole this season wasn't he? Yes, and I'll be here next year too...

KSTATE OVER OU? I rooted for OU to lose every game except for this one and what do they do? Win the ones I ask them to lose and lose the one game I asked them to win, they hate me... Knew a loss would happen sooner or later... But that's cool, I'll root for them in the championship game anyway, afterall, half of their awesome players are from Texas high schools...

Anyway, I might not have covered everyone, but I think this has been a very good season... Next year's gunna be just as good (for us folks in Cuero anyway wink )

PEACE!!!

MARLINFAN
12-07-2003, 03:57 PM
i know who expected this. early on people said marlin would lose 1st or 2nd round of the play-offs. now look were 1 away. i was shocked by the rice/port isabel score. i dit know anything about either team except rice lost to bv by 3. ou beaing beat was impossible. i hope texas still gets a shot at a top bcs bowl.

Gobbla2001
12-07-2003, 04:00 PM
MARLINFAN:
i know who expected this. early on people said marlin would lose 1st or 2nd round of the play-offs. now look were 1 away. i was shocked by the rice/port isabel score. i dit know anything about either team except rice lost to bv by 3. ou beaing beat was impossible. i hope texas still gets a shot at a top bcs bowl.Unless the BCS screws KSTATE, which they won't, UT will not be in a BCS bowl-game... KSTATE's win over OU will put them in the top BCS standings, so they'll go to a BCS bowl-game, and the rules state that only two teams from one confrence are allowed in BCS bowl-games...

It's time to pick some Cotton or Remember the Alamo for the 'horns...

GWOOD
12-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Anyway, I might not have covered everyone, but I think this has been a very good season... Next year's gunna be just as good (for us folks in Cuero anyway )
You covered some of the best ones. Here's a couple of great stories from Region 1. In Week 8, they are talking about Abilene Wylie possibly out of the playoffs if they lose to Brady. They win the last three games, win district, and make it to the quarterfinals of D1.

How about Vernon being in the semi's in D2?

Merkel making the playoffs for the first time in 40 years and advances to the 3rd round.

It has been a year full of surprises!

MARLINFAN
12-07-2003, 08:35 PM
2 teams 5miles apart in the state semis. 3a Marlin Bulldogs and 1A Chilton Pirates.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

lepfan
12-07-2003, 09:19 PM
MARLINFAN:
i know who expected this. early on people said marlin would lose 1st or 2nd round of the play-offs. now look were 1 away. i was shocked by the rice/port isabel score. i dit know anything about either team except rice lost to bv by 3. ou beaing beat was impossible. i hope texas still gets a shot at a top bcs bowl.Holiday Bowl is not a BCS bowl....sorry