PDA

View Full Version : Golf

44INAROW
04-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Good Luck to the Cuero Boys and Girls golf teams at the District Tourney on Monday and Tuesday. :) :)

Colony Creek to host 26-3A golf tournament
April 3, 2006
PAUL EBNER - Advocate Sports Writer
For the past six years, the Yoakum Lady Bulldogs and Cuero Gobblers have ruled District 26-3A golf and this year appears to be no exception.

The only big question that remains as the two teams tee it up today and Tuesday at the District 26-3A tournament is which boys team will finish as the runner-up.

The 36-hole event will be held at Colony Creek Country Club with Yoakum as the girls favorite to take the top two spots after having claimed 10 consecutive district titles, with the Gobblers looking to lay to claim their sixth straight title. Play begins at 8 a.m. each day.

Cuero made its fifth trip in six years to the state tournament last year and also has plenty of firepower back.

Austin Griffin, the defending individual champion, returns along with Steven Bell after a fourth-place finish at state. Joining them are Donavon Sanchez, Johnny Spears, Gabe Villarreal and Kevin Iraggi, all of whom played on the Cuero B-team that finished third last year at the district tournament.

Yoakum returns eight players from its two squads that earned berths to the state tournament for the third straight year last season.

Chief Ohera
04-02-2006, 11:39 PM
who cares what happens its golf, it's not a sport and it's too slow paced, i promise you if i could get tiger woods on steriods he would be the best golfer ever to have graced the greens!!!!!!!!!!!

so long and until next time...............

District303aPastPlayer
04-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
who cares what happens its golf, it's not a sport and it's too slow paced, i promise you if i could get tiger woods on steriods he would be the best golfer ever to have graced the greens!!!!!!!!!!!

he is already the best golfer ever :)

MHSvarsity2007
04-02-2006, 11:58 PM

don't be jealous you can't play golf

GOOD LUCK TO THE CUERO TEAMS!!!

44INAROW
04-03-2006, 07:14 AM
who cares what happens its golf,

I made it CLEAR what the subject was, so why even bother to read it? Incompetence makes some people so stupid :rolleyes:

They are supposed to Tee Off at 8:00 - I sure hope the sun is up by then........ It is 7:12AM and still dark here :eek:

shankbear
04-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Chief sounds like a little squaw. Probably can't even play Putt Putt.

neck_06
04-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he is already the best golfer ever :)

so are you trying to imply that he is on steroids?

;)

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 08:14 AM
his personality is so addicting...

get out the Preparation H , Chief hemorrhoid is back

underware
04-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Good Luck to Cuero and to Yoakum. Hope to see both in the State Torn again. BTW: I'm really bad at golf. Even my Putt Putt game is better.

/hangs head in shame

gobbler grad
04-03-2006, 09:38 AM
good luck to everyone...:clap: :clap: should be a beautiful day for golf...:):cool: hope to see some good scores...:)

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Good luck to the Cuero team!

In District 30-3a, I believe the tournament will be going on at Welder Park in Sinton. I know we have some kids competing so here's wishing the AP Panther Golf Team some luck in the next two days also.:cool:

NateDawg39
04-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Ahhh enjoy the wins while you can Cuero because come time for the State championship!!!!! DECATURs girl team will destroy you!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!....well....in my mind they will...:thinking:

Adidas410s
04-03-2006, 10:31 AM
So I just found out that I will get to spend 5 days playing golf and hanging out with our customers at the Byron Nelson in May. Our company bought a corporate hospitality tent and they need people to play golf with our customers at various courses, hang out at the tent, take them to dinner, etc. I'm still hoping that a spot comes open on Wednesday during the pro-am...but I'm a little too low on the totem pole for that!

pirate4state
04-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Good luck to the Cuero team!

In District 30-3a, I believe the tournament will be going on at Welder Park in Sinton. I know we have some kids competing so here's wishing the AP Panther Golf Team some luck in the next two days also.:cool: I'm not sure how the Sinton team is doing? :confused: :( They usually do okay in district :thinking: Oh well...good luck to all the golfers!! :)

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So I just found out that I will get to spend 5 days playing golf and hanging out with our customers at the Byron Nelson in May. Our company bought a corporate hospitality tent and they need people to play golf with our customers at various courses, hang out at the tent, take them to dinner, etc. I'm still hoping that a spot comes open on Wednesday during the pro-am...but I'm a little too low on the totem pole for that!

I think you need to hook up this boy from the "lean" with some Byron Tix. Im wrking the Shell in houston later this month so I am excited and getting in the mode for some PGA Golf.

Adidas410s
04-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think you need to hook up this boy from the "lean" with some Byron Tix. Im wrking the Shell in houston later this month so I am excited and getting in the mode for some PGA Golf.

Yeah I mainly just posted that to make you jealous! I'm still not sure how much time I will get to spend AT the Byron on Thursday and Friday but should be there on the weekend. The other nice thing is the company is putting us @ one of the nearby Marriott's from Wednesday through Sunday! I just wanna say...I love my job! When is the Shell? Maybe we could work out some sort of "arrangement"

Adidas410s
04-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think you need to hook up this boy from the "lean" with some Byron Tix.

Oh...and I thought you were an "East Side of the (79)508" kinda guy...don't go claimin' to be from the ABI now!

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 11:00 AM
I shouldnt misrepresent my "hood" true dat. But when I say I am from the "Gap" it doesnt have the street cred that'The Lean" does. The Shell is April 19th-23rd.

44INAROW
04-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Ahhh enjoy the wins while you can Cuero because come time for the State championship!!!!! DECATURs girl team will destroy you!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!....well....in my mind they will...:thinking:

Yoakum's Girls is who I think you are talking about. I could be a smart a$$ and make other comments, but I will let our boys do the talking..:p

gobbler grad
04-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Yoakum's Girls is who I think you are talking about. I could be a smart a$$ and make other comments, but I will let our boys do the talking..:p

kinda what I was thinking...:thinking:

44INAROW
04-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
kinda what I was thinking...:thinking:

With 4 turning in sub-80 scores last few tourneys, things are promising ....... but today is a new day, anything can happen....... We've been blessed with great weather (**going nuts here at work, sure wish I was out there right now)

mrescape43
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Snyder Girls are very strong again this year. Lady Tigers return 4 of 5 off last years state champion team. The 5th player is from San Angelo Central and is the player who shot 72.
Lady Tigers have 34 stroke district lead.
Also #'s 1,2,3,4,8,10 in medalist race.
Best scores were 72,73,79,80.
I am not sure how good the boys will be.

44INAROW
04-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
player who shot 72.
Lady Tigers have 34 stroke district lead.
Also #'s 1,2,3,4,8,10 in medalist race.
Best scores were 72,73,79,80.

Those are impressive scores..........

mrescape43
04-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Those are impressive scores..........

I hope they keep it up. The girls that shot the top 2 scores are Jr's.

44INAROW
04-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I hope they keep it up. The girls that shot the top 2 scores are Jr's.

That's great..

There are no Seniors on the Cuero teams

etbu
04-03-2006, 03:49 PM

What a mind. Barbers Hill shot a 295 today and Huffman shot a 325. BH qb Chris Daniels shot a 72 and Mark Pell shot a 75. Good job guys and good luck tomorrow. :clap: