PDA

View Full Version : Snead/McCoy

Old Tiger
04-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Jevan Snead looked better than Colt McCoy(IMO)

Bulldog_12
04-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I have heard that same thing. I actually heard they both didnt look stellar, but what can you expect with it being their first scrimmage in front of other people?

Maroon87
04-02-2006, 03:32 PM
It was nice to see Jordan Shipley getting involved last night. Hope he can stay healthy...:cool:

Old Tiger
04-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I have heard that same thing. I actually heard they both didnt look stellar, but what can you expect with it being their first scrimmage in front of other people? Yea...but it's amazing for Snead cause he's only been there since the end of christmas break.

Bulldog_12
04-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah thats a good point. I heard Shipley got laid out coming across the middle.

Old Tiger
04-02-2006, 03:40 PM
On if he was impressed with Jevan Sneed: I really felt like the drive for the field goal by Colt was with the one offense against the one defense and it was a long drive, maybe from the 20 and it was a great drive. Jevan had the great fourth down conversions. I thought, like it has been throughout the spring if you look at both of them, there is a lot of great positive things about both of them and we are excited about them playing n the fall. We will have to go back and we will have to keep both of them ready to play because with younger ones you are one snap away from them getting hurt. We were so spoiled with Vince last year because he just never got hurt. With younger ones we will have to be concerned about that and both will have to be ready to play and both will play. Greg [Davis] and I will probably have to do a super job of trying to make sure that whoever is out there has a hot hand, and if one is struggling a little bit, because there might be more inconsistencies with young ones, that we will make sure we can change it up a little bit and help them. The other thing we will do between now and then is see what we feature differently with those two quarterbacks than with Vince. That will be a big part of our off-season mentally with our coaches. Got that from texassports.com

The bold in the quote is something that scares me. It didn't work with Applewhite and Simms so yea.

Old Tiger
04-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah thats a good point. I heard Shipley got laid out coming across the middle. The re run of the game is on Fox Sports right now. It wasn't a real hard hit but just knocked the wind out basically.

Emerson1
04-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Brown needs to play both the first 2 games season. Whoever does the best againt tOSU gets the start. tOSU did it against last year and found a QB to lead them to a BCS bowl win.

Bulldog_12
04-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Wow, there was no coverage on that punt return. With the thing about playing two QBs against OSU, just dont screw yourselves like they did against UT by pulling the one making things happen in the end.

Emerson1
04-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah thats a good point. I heard Shipley got laid out coming across the middle.
http://i.pbase.com/o4/04/653404/1/58085493.2006UTSpringGameTPF3.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o4/04/653404/1/58085586.2006UTSpringGameTPF2.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o4/04/653404/1/58085682.2006UTSpringGameTPF1.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/o4/04/653404/1/58054112.2006UTSpringGameShipley1.jpg

TheDOCTORdre
04-02-2006, 03:50 PM
I went to high school with the chain guy in that picture

Old Tiger
04-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Where was Romance Taylor at?

Whsdogs
04-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

rumors i heard was he was kicked off the team for drug use and grades....but that was just a rumor i heard

BreckTxLonghorn
04-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

He got permission from Mack to take the spring off to "focus on grades." That's the word on campus at least.

Chief Ohera
04-02-2006, 05:50 PM
as long as there is no VY they won't win a title again, can't possibly happen, i don't think mccoy is that great if you brothers want my opinion, snead is head and shoulders above mccoy, not that i care who the qb is, they will have a year like OU did last year with bomar, and they will suffer b/c of that, you just can't take a freshman or redshirt freshman off the pine and throw them into "BIG 12" football, just can't do it i am sorry for all the UT bandwagon hoppers.

so long and until next time.......
chief

Gobbla2001
04-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
as long as there is no VY they won't win a title again, can't possibly happen, i don't think mccoy is that great if you brothers want my opinion, snead is head and shoulders above mccoy, not that i care who the qb is, they will have a year like OU did last year with bomar, and they will suffer b/c of that, you just can't take a freshman or redshirt freshman off the pine and throw them into "BIG 12" football, just can't do it i am sorry for all the UT bandwagon hoppers.

so long and until next time.......
chief

Difference between OU last year and UT this year? OU's offensive line sucked, and still does... UT's is an all-american line...

Did you ever think about that?

Chief Ohera
04-02-2006, 06:00 PM
no i honestly could give a rats ass about offensive lineman, do they touch the ball, NO, do they score touchdowns,NO, so they just take up space, yes they are important but highly overrated,

Simply put, UT won the championship last year just b/c they had VY. it's a fact and everyone except the bandwagons fans of UT will admit that he was a one man show. just face it. VY= entire football team.

so long.
until next time................
chief

Gobbla2001
04-02-2006, 06:11 PM
no i honestly could give a rats ass about offensive lineman, do they touch the ball, NO, do they score touchdowns,NO, so they just take up space, yes they are important but highly overrated,

Simply put, UT won the championship last year just b/c they had VY. it's a fact and everyone except the bandwagons fans of UT will admit that he was a one man show. just face it. VY= entire football team.

so long.
chief

If you look at a lot of those runs he made, the O-line was laying people on their backsides... the receivers were blocking their guys away from Young, the backs were blocking like crazy...

Congrats to your team for getting blown away by one man...

mustang04
04-02-2006, 06:16 PM

so long.
chief
OU....one of many teams to be beat by a SINGLE MAN that u claim isnt even THAT good...the sooners must have really sucked haha

Ranger05
04-02-2006, 07:41 PM

so long.
chief wow hes smart

Pmoney
04-02-2006, 07:52 PM

so long.
chief
you are an idiot...as a lineman i want you to know that i would like to see the best player in the world to do good w/out any lineman, they couldnt....and Centers touch the ball....another thing i wish you would have stayed away the dl was a better place because we didnt have to read your stupid posts about you whining because Texas won the NC and beat the losers(SOONERS)

Old Tiger
04-02-2006, 09:24 PM
How about everyone get on topic and quit all the stupid Texas/OU fighting. It's retarded to argue about it cause in yalls opinions yall are both right. It's like two walls talking to each other.

PhiI C
04-02-2006, 10:14 PM
You have to also remember that in this scrimage the two qbs were facing one of the top if not the top defensive teams of next year.

Emerson1
04-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Cheif Ohera is really a genius who just sits back and laughs because we take him seriously.

PhiI C
04-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
you are an idiot...as a lineman i want you to know that i would like to see the best player in the world to do good w/out any lineman, they couldnt....and Centers touch the ball....another thing i wish you would have stayed away the dl was a better place because we didnt have to read your stupid posts about you whining because Texas won the NC and beat the losers(SOONERS)

Now now Pm. Everyone is entitled to express his/her opinion. We must be tolerant.

Bulldog_12
04-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Now now Pm. Everyone is entitled to express his/her opinion. We must be tolerant.

True, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that was just a boneheaded comment. The linemen are the second most important people on the field behind the QB. They might even be the first. If your line is bad you can do absolutely nothing. A&M's offensive line really struggled to come together this year and look what happened. The line is SUPER important. I dont know how you can say "overrated" about linemen. I am saying this as a former QB.

big daddy russ
04-03-2006, 01:43 AM
...yes they are important but highly overrated...
What was the one common denominator of the offenses of the 60's Packers, 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, and 90's Cowboys? And don't tell me a power running game, cause neither the 49ers (Rathman, Craig) or the Pack (fullback was HOFer Jim Taylor... a lightweight who was more a runner than a blocker) had one.

mrescape43
04-03-2006, 07:54 AM

so long.
chief

Your ignorance knows no limits!

Emerson1
04-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Cheif, a good o-line prevents this from happening

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/Micky25/bomar.gif

District303aPastPlayer
04-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Cheif, a good o-line prevents this from happening