PDA

View Full Version : Reveille Decommits

turbostud
04-01-2006, 11:29 AM
AP Newswire - April 1 , 2006
In an bombshell revelation that rocked both the canine and college football worlds, Reveille announced late Friday that she had withdrawn her verbal commitment to serve as mascot for the Texas A&M football team and would attempt to walk-on as a back-up to King Reboubt, the Washington Huskies mascot.

"It was a difficult decision," said Reveille, "but after I committed, Coach Franchione never stopped by my kennel, never brought me any dogbones; he basically just ignored me."

When contacted by reporters on Friday evening, Dennis Franchione initially denied that he had ever intended for Reveille to serve as the Aggie mascot or extended a verbal commitment, but later admitted that the announcement had been a bitter disappointment. "We just assumed that Reveille VIII would come to A&M since her mother had been a mascot," said Franchione . Franchione was quick to state that A&M has already taken steps to replace Reveille, offering the mascot position to Disney dog, Goofy, which Franchione described as "more appropriate for this university, anyway." Franchione added, "Plus, Reveille was a [censored]!"

Many Aggie supporters were visibly upset Friday evening. Notable among these was James McKinney, father of Aggie lineman, Seth McKinney, who responded to the news by striking his own dog, Inbred, with a set of binoculars. McKinney initially claimed that the dog was not his, then later recanted and said that he thought the dog was attacking him, and he was merely defending himself.

Reveille is listed by most services as the top canine mascot recruit in the country, except for Max Emfinger, who has listed Reveille as a raccoon.

Adidas410s
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
lol...nice