PDA

View Full Version : Columbus 4 Bellville 3

XMan
03-31-2006, 11:30 PM
You wont get this from other Bellville posters since Bellville lost, but the final score was Columbus 4 and Bellville 3. Despite some bad baserunning, defensive errors, and 2000 pick off attempts by Brahma pitching, Columbus held on to take control of the district race. Lets hear some Bellville talk now.

KL3
03-31-2006, 11:47 PM
XMan, your envy for Bellville is pretty funny. Lets see, Bellville lost its top 2 pitchers from last year, is playing atleast 3 freshman that I know of, while Columbus returns half their starters and their top 3 pitchers, and they still only beat Bellville by 1 run in Columbus? I guess when you dominate athletics in one district for as long as Bellville has, a lot of people get really jealous.

clayton7
04-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by XMan
You wont get this from other Bellville posters since Bellville lost, but the final score was Columbus 4 and Bellville 3. Despite some bad baserunning, defensive errors, and 2000 pick off attempts by Brahma pitching, Columbus held on to take control of the district race. Lets hear some Bellville talk now.

I can talk all day long buddy. By the way, pick offs are part of the game. Ya bellville lost and i dont know why you think that we wouldnt post anything about it. Im proud of the team despite of all the people out there with no sense of the game and think that columbus had it in the bag from the start.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Hey Exman, you failed to say that one of the 2000 pick-offs to 1st was for a out!!!
And if you were there and you are such a pro on baseball, tell us how you thought the game was called?
Bellville's young team has nothing to hang their heads by on this game. Next shot at them will be in Bellville.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-01-2006, 09:32 AM
You were first to post because you were back in Sealy before Bellville posters got home!!!!!

XMan
04-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Last year is over, it wasnt the umpires fault and no one is to blame. Doesnt matter what grade the players are in. Some years you have lots of freshmen, sometimes mostly seniors. This years soph, jr, and sr classes should have been developed so that freshmen couldnt step in and start in front of them. Use all the excuses and whatever you want. As Ive mentioned several times, the district is WEAK, WEAK, WEAK.

DISTRICT STANDING:

COLUMBUS 4-0

BELLVILLE 3-1

XMan
04-01-2006, 10:09 AM
hmmmm, just had some more thoughts. Last year, since that is such a concern, Bellville had a SENIOR lefthanded pitcher that was drafted by the New York Yankees. Well, in neither game last year was he used. Bellville conceded that they couldnt beat Columbus, even with their #1 stud pitcher. Then, the Bellville coach has the gaul to nominate said pitcher for district MVP. What a crock. Next, last night Columbus only needed 1 returning pitcher, didnt use the other 2. So cry, cry, cry, get 2nd, lose out in the 1st round AGAIN and go back to offseason football.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-01-2006, 10:16 AM
How did your sealy team do last night?

XMan
04-01-2006, 10:19 AM
The Bellville coach lives in, and is from SEALY, I am from BELLVILLE!

clayton7
04-01-2006, 12:02 PM
hmmmm, just had some more thoughts. Last year, since that is such a concern, Bellville had a SENIOR lefthanded pitcher that was drafted by the New York Yankees. Well, in neither game last year was he used. Bellville conceded that they couldnt beat Columbus, even with their #1 stud pitcher. Then, the Bellville coach has the gaul to nominate said pitcher for district MVP. What a crock. Next, last night Columbus only needed 1 returning pitcher, didnt use the other 2. So cry, cry, cry, get 2nd, lose out in the 1st round AGAIN and go back to offseason football.

It was the White Sox not the Yankees.

sports=life
04-01-2006, 03:06 PM

Xman u have no idea what u are talking about. That left haded pitcher would have shut Columbus' ass down without a question. And talking about how it is a crock that we elected him as MVP. Columbus' shortstop should be honored that he was even thought of being in the same league as him. And Columbus' pitcher will not make it in college. I watched him in a Babe Ruth tourniment where he didnt even make it threw 3 innings.

XMan
04-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Sports might equal life but it doesnt mean you know how to spell, type, or use correct grammar. This morning I flushed more baseball knowledge down the toilet than you will ever obtain. The whole point is that no one will ever know whether or not the pitcher could have shut Columbus down, because he didnt pitch!!!. Its all fine that he didnt pitch but then how can he be the district mvp if he doesnt even go up against the champion? You rookies may not understand how all that works, but the district mvp traditionally comes from the district champion. This award is not for the guy who might have gotten it done, its for the one that did get it done. Then again, Bellville is the place where they got a linebacker on the all district football team when he didnt play a down in district. He signed to play at Rice and it was stated that "he would have been all district if he had not been injured". Once again I say, "What a crock!" Just shows that these personal honors are so watered down that they dont mean anything. Sports=life I would sure like to know your credentials as to how you know the projectability of a pitching prospect and as to how you know he will not make it in college. Please tell me what you have done to provide you with this insight. Where did you play college ball or what pro team have you worked for as a scout? As for Clayton Pederson, good luck to the Brahmas, we once had a proud winning tradition and went deep in the playoffs almost every year. Keep chunking that curve up there. That funky leg kick is sure to keep everyone off balance.

ltrain4800
04-01-2006, 10:18 PM
wow, maybe the reason why the lefthander recieved the mvp award was because he had a 6-0 record in district with an era of less than .5 and not to mention that he averaged atleast 2 strike outs per inning. i dunno, but the numbers dont lie.

Bellville22
04-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Then again, Bellville is the place where they got a linebacker on the all district football team when he didnt play a down in district. He signed to play at Rice and it was stated that "he would have been all district if he had not been injured". Once again I say, "What a crock!"

This young man was named an "Honorary Member" of the All-District team that year. He didn't take anyone's position who had played on that All-District team. His senior season (and probably his career as the LB he could have been) was ended when he suffered a knee injury early in the year. He was one of the finest linebackers and football players to pass through Bellville High School. It was an extremely classy move by the district (the district votes on these things, not just Bellville) to include this young man on the team after a devestating injury, and I applaud all the coaches who allowed this. I'm sure this young man greatly appreciated the gesture, and takes pride in being named an honorary member while representing Bellville. Not that you would know anything about this, but some people actually hold a sense of pride for the school with which they were once affiliated.

KL3
04-02-2006, 12:57 PM
XMan, if your going to complain about someone else's grammar and typing, the least you could do is actually break that thing you posted down into a couple smaller paragraphs.

As for the LB getting all-district, him playing at 50% would have still been better that most everyone in the district. He was a difference-maker on defense.

XMan
04-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Ok, I guess this is what needs to happen. In addition to the yearly all district and all district academic teams there needs to be a couple of more teams. First, we can have the All Injured Reserved Team. This would include anyone who may have had a good year if they were physically able to compete at 100%. Next, we will go with the All Academically Inelligible team. This will include all those that were caught by no-pass, no play. They would have been great if they would have made the grades. Lastly, so we dont leave out any south Austin County kids, we can have the All Jail Time team. This will include all those that missed games and therefore votes because they spent all or part of the district season in jail. Oh what these guys could have been. As a last piece of humor, to lead this team we will have a former AD from the school between Bellville and Brazos. He really knew how to reach out and understand those guys so he is the perfect coach.

raider4life
04-02-2006, 03:39 PM

If I do remember correctly, Bellville pitched Luetge to us in both games last year, and coincidently Bellville plays us the game before Columbus. I guess Bellville used him against us to knock us out of playoff contention, but that doesn't matter. The guy would have shut Columbus down with an underhand release if he wanted to. He had I believe 17 strikeouts and 1 ER(maybe 0, I can't remember the score) against us last year in the 2nd game we played them. Now since you know oh so much about baseball, I'm pretty sure you know that those numbers are pretty good.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Good point raider4life this kid was the best in the district last year, and it is good that someone from another school can say this. Were going to miss Rice next year in the district. Good luck in 2A.
How did sealy and Hempstead come out?

XMan
04-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Raider, you are totally right about alot of that. The thing is that it doesnt matter who it is, they all put stats like that up against the Raiders. Against Hempstead or Rice any pitcher can pile up the scoreless innings and strikeouts. That doesnt make you mvp. This is all a mute point and there is no sense in arguing. Good luck to all the teams the rest of the way during district. May the best 3 teams come out and then represent well in the playoffs.

the X

sports=life
04-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Raider, you are totally right about alot of that. The thing is that it doesnt matter who it is, they all put stats like that up against the Raiders. Against Hempstead or Rice any pitcher can pile up the scoreless innings and strikeouts. That doesnt make you mvp. This is all a mute point and there is no sense in arguing. Good luck to all the teams the rest of the way during district. May the best 3 teams come out and then represent well in the playoffs.

the X

u must have some grudge against Luetge. you just dont become all-state your junior and senior year just from pitching good in district. i'm pretty for shure that he put up those numbers against everybody.

raider4life
04-02-2006, 08:01 PM

the X

and what happened last week when be beat the crap out of sealy, did they put up those awsome stats and a bunch of strikeouts? dont think so. quit hatin on other teams cuz yours isn't doing so good.

Bull's-eye
04-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Last year's schedule had Bellville playing Navasota, Hempstead, Rice, Columbus & Sealy. Bellville only had a couple of wins coming into district play, so making the playoffs was their primary goal. The main reason for their slow start was Luetge didn't start pitching until after the extended basketball season. Columbus was the favorite, with Navasota, Rice, Sealy & Bellville fighting for the last 2 playoff spots. Luetge started against Navasota, Rice & Sealy (the schedule favored this and was the best decision to get in the playoffs). Spring break also played a big part in the schedule, unfortunately for Bellville it was before the Rice game. If it would of been after, this would of allowed Luetge to face Columbus. Luetge pitched a complete game vs Rice, so coming back on 3 days rest was out of the question.

sicem74
04-03-2006, 07:36 PM
ahhahaaha pick ur head up bellville

XMan
04-03-2006, 08:18 PM
I now know why I had been told not to argue with idiots, it is futile. Anyhow, in no way do I want anyone thinking I was disrespecting this young pitcher or his talents. Im sure if he would have had his pick, he would have faced the best. That is the kind of guy Rocky has raised. This guy is also doing a great job over at San Jac. The only reason I mention all this is because as a fan I would have liked to have seen a great match up. As for All state, the young man was more than deserving. For those ignorant to the situation, All state is chosen according to accomplishments for the whole season. All district is supposed to be for district play only. Again, good luck to all this Tuesday.

The X

columbus18
04-03-2006, 09:45 PM
As "Columbus' pitcher" who couldn't even make it "threw" 3 innings, I think I remember that game very well. It was the one where they had to put me in because Mr. Stud Draftee from Bellville was getting rocked. And I'm not putting Lucas down by any means, because I played with Lucas and I know what kind of a pitcher he is, and I have nothing but respect for him and his family. Plus, like XMan said, he's doing a hell of a job at San Jac.
What I'm saying is that you have no room to tell me, sports=life, that I won't make it as a college pitcher. And there is no need to blame the umpire for the loss the other night, because Holland and I both agreed after the game that he got a little tight for both of us.
As for the Lucas situation from last year, I never said that y'all were scared to pitch him against us. Like XMan said, it would have been a great game.
Either way, the bottom line is, that you have no evidence that says that I won't make it as a college pitcher.

clayton7
04-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by columbus18

...Either way, the bottom line is, that you have no evidence that says that I won't make it as a college pitcher.

Where are you going to college, if you dont mind me asking?

sports=life
04-03-2006, 10:13 PM
yall want a columbus vs Luetge match up? I hear the next round yall will get him.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-03-2006, 10:16 PM
You guys hear the score for Sealy vs Hempstead?

clayton7
04-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by sports=life
yall want a columbus vs Luetge match up? I hear the next round yall will get him.

I dont think thats the match-up people want to see...Im only kidding sports=life. Is Luetge going to be ready?

clayton7
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You guys hear the score for Sealy vs Hempstead?

No I havnt heard anything. All I know is that Sealy won.

sports=life
04-03-2006, 10:21 PM
it was 16 to 2

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Who won?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, the Columbus game is over, let have our mind on beating Sealy next.:D

clayton7
04-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Sealy won the game with Hempstead.

ltrain4800
04-03-2006, 10:51 PM
"Mr. Stud Draftee from Bellville was getting rocked. And I'm not putting Lucas down by any means"

To me that pretty much seems like you are putting him down columbus18. i would suggest that you probably should not be talking badly about a "Stud Draftee" until you get drafted.
And for a little fyi, you forgot to mention, from what i heard, that luetge closed a game the day before he had to start.

columbus18
04-03-2006, 11:24 PM
I got a scolarship to pitch at Blinn next year Clayton.

clayton7
04-04-2006, 12:00 AM
I got a scolarship to pitch at Blinn next year Clayton.

You might get to pitch against Luetge then.

hookandladder
04-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by ltrain4800
"Mr. Stud Draftee from Bellville was getting rocked. And I'm not putting Lucas down by any means"

To me that pretty much seems like you are putting him down columbus18. i would suggest that you probably should not be talking badly about a "Stud Draftee" until you get drafted.
And for a little fyi, you forgot to mention, from what i heard, that luetge closed a game the day before he had to start.

You must have not read the earlier post, he was being knocked first and is justing setting the record striaght. A pitcher should be able to close the day before he starts, as long as it's a short outing. As for both Pitcher's I personally think both will have good college career's. Both coach's are very good at preparing their ball player's for college. Both kid's come from excellent families. Good Luck to both school's.

FbCoachB40
04-04-2006, 08:36 AM
You cannot hate on Xman!

He is just an example of the class that the coaches have in Columbus! I mean who do these guys think they are? They are arrogant, pompous, and straight up rude!

I wouldn't be surprised, by the way he is talking, if Xman is one of the coaches!

BTEXDAD
04-04-2006, 09:39 AM

Come on people, be nice. If you want to talk smack, do it on schools and don't get into individual kids.
Xman's original post wasn't personal on any kid, but it looked like a slap in the face of Bellville and started all the back and forth bad mouthing.

If Columbus wins district, I'll be pulling for them in playoffs other than when/if they play Bellville.

That being said, there are six teams and about 15-16 sports between boys and girls. If all things were equal in district 20-3A, every town would win about 3 district championships. Instead Bellville is usually champion in 8-10 sports. Football, volleyball, cross country, track, golf, softball, tennis.
Bellville's athletic program is quite simply stronger than the other schools. Hempstead's colors are green but everyone else is green with envy (pardon the pun). It's lonely at the top.

columbus18
04-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
You must have not read the earlier post, he was being knocked first and is justing setting the record striaght. A pitcher should be able to close the day before he starts, as long as it's a short outing. As for both Pitcher's I personally think both will have good college career's. Both coach's are very good at preparing their ball player's for college. Both kid's come from excellent families. Good Luck to both school's.

At least you understand what I was saying. I think Lucas is a great pitcher and I saw him pitch against Blinn this year, and he did a great job. I would love to get a chance to pitch against him next year, and I wish him all the luck in the world. I don't know who you are, but I'm sure I've played with one of your sons or something, and I wish all of the players that I have played with/against the best luck. I think there is no point in dogging another team. I think the Bellville game this year was a hell of a game, and I look forward to it being one again next round; it always is when we play Bellville.

Gobbla2001
04-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
tell us how you thought the game was called?

Not again:eek:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
lose out in the 1st round AGAIN and go back to offseason football.
Bellville did not get beat the 1st round, they beat Hutto in Bastrop!

hookandladder
04-04-2006, 03:17 PM
At least you understand what I was saying. I think Lucas is a great pitcher and I saw him pitch against Blinn this year, and he did a great job. I would love to get a chance to pitch against him next year, and I wish him all the luck in the world. I don't know who you are, but I'm sure I've played with one of your sons or something, and I wish all of the players that I have played with/against the best luck. I think there is no point in dogging another team. I think the Bellville game this year was a hell of a game, and I look forward to it being one again next round; it always is when we play Bellville.

You know me, My son is not quite old enough yet maybe in a few more years. I'am planning on coming to your playoff games. I will let you know then. We talked about you the other day, my son brought your name up. I did not know that you checkout this board. Good luck to you and John, make a long run.

clayton7
04-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Who does Columbus have tonight?

columbus18
04-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by clayton7
Who does Columbus have tonight?

We played Rice and we beat them 12-2 in 6 innings. It was a better game than it sounds. How did y'all do against who y'all played? (sealy right?)

raider4life
04-04-2006, 10:41 PM
We played Rice and we beat them 12-2 in 6 innings. It was a better game than it sounds. How did y'all do against who y'all played? (sealy right?)

too bad you wont be able to hit any walk off homers at blinn next year. :( that was a monster shot by the way. good luck next year, and i hope you pitch against us at rice for your last regular game in high school.

clayton7
04-04-2006, 10:52 PM

Ya we played Sealy and won 9-2. It was a tough game though. The first couple of innings were slow.

columbus18
04-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by raider4life
too bad you wont be able to hit any walk off homers at blinn next year. :( that was a monster shot by the way. good luck next year, and i hope you pitch against us at rice for your last regular game in high school.

Too bad the coach from Blinn already told me that I will most likely be hitting for myself next year. So don't count me out. haha. It would be fun to pitch against Rice. Who knows though!