PDA

View Full Version : letter written by G.J Kinne's mom

lostaussie
03-31-2006, 02:21 PM
some have there mind made up about this situation, but at least read what she wrote. this letter was taken from smoaky.com

THE CARTER'S LETTER TO EAST TEXAS...

First of all, on behalf of our family and our sons, we would like to thank the people of East Texas for the prayers, support and encouragement you have shared with our family over the events of the past year. I firmly believe that everything in life happens for a reason. But I would be less than honest if I were to imply that I have been able to recognize and understand those reasons each of the past 365 days. This past year has been nothing but difficult, but what you learn in dealing with tragedy in your life is that you rarely have to go through it alone. We will never know where to begin to express our gratitude to the many of you have done so much for us. So I guess we can only say THANK YOU and trust that you all know how much we appreciate your generosity and compassion.

As you might imagine, all the attention and press coverage our family has received over the past year have been sometimes terrifying and sometimes gratifying. Recently, it has been mystifying. But we have learned that there are things in life we can control and things we cannot. The press has a job to do. We have done the best we know how in handling all of the attention, but I am sure there are things we would have done differently had we been prepared for such chaotic events. Looking back, it is nearly impossible for us to imagine that just a year ago, we were living a somewhat “normal life”, or at least as normal a life as anyone can expect raising two sons between two households. Just like most parents in East Texas and around the country, we deal with the issues and demands of daily life as best we can, trying to do what is right and what is best for our children. But when G.J.’s dad was shot, we were faced with a situation and decisions that were not based on a lot of deep thought or long-term planning. In fact, our decisions were based more on instinctual responses and gut reactions, just doing our best to get ourselves through each day. I guess that is how every family responds when an unexpected tragedy strikes. You just rally around each other with love and do whatever it takes to survive. That’s exactly what we did, and thank God we all made it through alive.

For the record, we did not ask for or plan to deal with any of this. We never planned for what happened to G.J.’s dad, and he never planned to move to Waco before G.J’s graduation. We also never planned to be in the situation we find ourselves in today, at the center of what seems to be a never-ending painful controversy. I hope the following explanation will cause that to end very soon. Once we got through the shooting and it was obvious things would return to “normal”, we began putting things back together. However when G.J.’s dad got an offer to go back to Baylor University, his alma matter and his old college team, it became evident that my son would be in Canton without the daily interaction at school with his dad. Even then I began to have concerns for their safety as a mother, but trusted that certain coaches would be there for my sons, as they were immediately after the shooting. Close bonds formed during that time between G.J. and his father’s staff, and we will always feel grateful and obligated to those men for what they did for us during that difficult time. When it became questionable that those men would continue to be a part of Canton ISD, we still planned to stay and stated it publicly, despite my uneasiness with the decision. Then came the trial, and many old and new emotions resurfaced and very relevant new facts came to light, some of which are still under investigation by at least one state law enforcement agency. My worst fears came to the surface all over again when threatening statements towards my children were made on more than one occasion and in more than one venue. These threats were reported to the Canton Police Department just weeks ago. We also asked the Canton ISD to address those safety concerns that applied to the school environment in writing and in numerous meetings, and last Thursday received official word back indicating to us that our suggestions would not or could not be adopted in the school. At that point, I decided what any mother would decide…that it was time to remove my children from a situation that was no longer safe, healthy or comfortable for them. I am sure that most every parent can relate to that even without knowing the exact details, which for legal reasons we cannot disclose at this time.

I know it sounds cliché, but as important as football has been for my son and his dad, FOOTBALL IS ONLY A GAME! Distorted emotions over a game our children play have led rational people into irrational acts, and good people down a path of destruction. I am truly saddened and regret that the affects don’t stop at the door of any hospital or jail house for the people closest to the events in Canton. Unfortunately, the damage to our children and our communities are very real, in some cases severe, and I for one have had enough severe damage for one lifetime. Our family has made a decision to start over, both for ourselves and for our children. We love East Texas and the support we have received from this area has convinced us that we want to stay here and complete the job of raising our sons. But as a parent and a citizen, I refuse to allow the passion for football in East Texas to continue shaping our lives in this negative way. I did not want it in Canton and I do not want it in Gilmer. That said, my son loves this game. He has a gift, and like any other parent, I want to see him pursue his dreams. I understand that people will say what they will say about us and our decision to bring our family to Gilmer. I also understand that asking people in East Texas to be calm about matters relating to High School Football is like asking for 70 degrees here every day in August. But I assure you, nobody on Earth loves football as much as I love my boys, and nobody on Earth is as passionate about what happens on Friday nights as I am about having two healthy children under my roof on Saturday mornings. We have made our decision to leave Canton based upon the safety of my sons. As a mother, I ask you all to respect and understand that decision and allow my sons to move on with their lives in peace.

We want to thank our friends in Canton for their support, and our new friends in Gilmer for welcoming us with open arms. But more than anything, we hope that our decision will allow us all to heal and recover as we move on from the events of this past year. Thank you for your compassion and understanding, and God Bless you all.

Adidas410s
03-31-2006, 02:30 PM
I definitely think that helps shed some additional light on the situation. Thanks for sharing!

kaorder1999
03-31-2006, 02:30 PM
I totally understand everything that she has said but the fact of the matter is she said something that the press picked up on and said something that was even placed on GJ's personal website. They can say anything they want at this time but I will never forget the fact that they basically threatened the Canton Independent School District by saying that if a certain coach were hired then they would stay.

She was not misquoted. She said what she meant and thats all that matters.

kepdawg
03-31-2006, 02:32 PM
A lot of words, but nothing really new in them.

STANG RED
03-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks for posting this letter lostaussie! I cant speak for anyone else, but this certainly satisfies me. I wish the best of luck to G.J. Kinne and his entire family. Hopefully, they can put all this behind them very soon.

Macarthur
03-31-2006, 02:35 PM
OK. So what has happened recently that she feels risks her families safety?

Adidas410s
03-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I totally understand everything that she has said but the fact of the matter is she said something that the press picked up on and said something that was even placed on GJ's personal website. They can say anything they want at this time but I will never forget the fact that they basically threatened the Canton Independent School District by saying that if a certain coach were hired then they would stay.

She was not misquoted. She said what she meant and thats all that matters.

I think this letter helps explain what she was saying. Based on this letter and the evidence it presents, I would now interpret her quote as saying "I feel ok leaving my kids in Canton with so and so being there to be his coach, supervisor and mentor." In a sense, she is saying that, as a mother, she trusted those coaches with her kids. When they were no longer there...she now had her kids i a situation where she didn't trust those who would be in constant contact with her children. Is she saying that the other coaches are bad people? Of course not. With all that went on in Canton in the last year though I think that her decision is perfectly understandable...given the circumstances. Yes she doesn't have an established level of trust for coaches anywhere else...including Gilmer. However, there is a not a situation where hostility and negative feelings are present in any other school district the way that they are in Canton.

Long and short...stop sticking so hard to the WORDS of ONE quote and try and see the big picture. Take all of the information that you have at your disposal and try and figure out 1) WHAT was her quote saying and 2) WHAT circumstances were involved in her reaching the decisions that she made. Try looking at it from a new perspective and maybe it will help clear things up. I know that letter sure does for me...

Adidas410s
03-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
OK. So what has happened recently that she feels risks her families safety?

- GJ's dad (the coach at the time in Canton) was shot by the parent of one of the players.

- GJ's dad leaves Canton for a coaching position at Baylor.

- That players dad was found guilty and is now in jail and said player has been threating towards GJ and (presumably) his brother.

That's a barebones overview...but that explains it a little

Macarthur
03-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
- GJ's dad (the coach at the time in Canton) was shot by the parent of one of the players.

- That players dad was found guilty and is now in jail and said player has been threating towards GJ and (presumably) his brother.

That's a barebones overview...but that explains it a little

There's got to be more to it than that?

lostaussie
03-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Then came the trial, and many old and new emotions resurfaced and very relevant new facts came to light, some of which are still under investigation by at least one state law enforcement agency. My worst fears came to the surface all over again when threatening statements towards my children were made on more than one occasion and in more than one venue. These threats were reported to the Canton Police Department just weeks ago. We also asked the Canton ISD to address those safety concerns that applied to the school environment in writing and in numerous meetings, and last Thursday received official word back indicating to us that our suggestions would not or could not be adopted in the school.
[/B] i can read it for you if you like.

Adidas410s
03-31-2006, 02:39 PM
There's got to be more to it than that?

well obviously there is but I was just giving you the "highlights" of what is causing this to happen. Oh and I forgot to include "dad leaves Canton to coach at Baylor"

STANG RED
03-31-2006, 02:40 PM
I think this letter helps explain what she was saying. Based on this letter and the evidence it presents, I would now interpret her quote as saying "I feel ok leaving my kids in Canton with so and so being there to be his coach, supervisor and mentor." In a sense, she is saying that, as a mother, she trusted those coaches with her kids. When they were no longer there...she now had her kids i a situation where she didn't trust those who would be in constant contact with her children. Is she saying that the other coaches are bad people? Of course not. With all that went on in Canton in the last year though I think that her decision is perfectly understandable...given the circumstances. Yes she doesn't have an established level of trust for coaches anywhere else...including Gilmer. However, there is a not a situation where hostility and negative feelings are present in any other school district the way that they are in Canton.

Long and short...stop sticking so hard to the WORDS of ONE quote and try and see the big picture. Take all of the information that you have at your disposal and try and figure out 1) WHAT was her quote saying and 2) WHAT circumstances were involved in her reaching the decisions that she made. Try looking at it from a new perspective and maybe it will help clear things up. I know that letter sure does for me...

GREAT POST ADDIDAS410s!!! :clap:
I think you hit the nail, square on the head.

lostaussie
03-31-2006, 02:41 PM

Long and short...stop sticking so hard to the WORDS of ONE quote and try and see the big picture. Take all of the information that you have at your disposal and try and figure out 1) WHAT was her quote saying and 2) WHAT circumstances were involved in her reaching the decisions that she made. Try looking at it from a new perspective and maybe it will help clear things up. I know that letter sure does for me... thanks adidas. i don't always agree with you, but i thought that was a real classy post.

kaorder1999
03-31-2006, 02:45 PM
this is still the way I look at it. They wanted Blake Yancey, GJ's quarterback coach, to either be the new head coach or at least the OC calling plays. THEY HAVE SAID THAT NUMEROUS TIMES, AND NEVER WANTED TO HAVE TO SAY THIS BUT EVEN SAID IT DIRECTLY TO ME VERBALLY! It wasn't about protection. It was all about X's and O's and controll. It was WAY MORE then just a quote in the local paper. It was being said all around town by her not knowing that what she was saying would eventually cause all of this controvery as to whether or not he is moving for athletic reasons. And what do you know? All of a sudden after figuring out what she was saying was actually hurting them the typical thing happens....."I was misquoted." Horse crap. Lance Angel is hired. He is a Wing-T guy. He will be calling the plays, not Coach Yancey. All of a sudden here are all of these safety issues. Coach Angel has already made it apparant that he would like the current staff to stay. If they stay or not is the current assistants choice.

So, these coaches are still there and have been invited to stay.

Now, having said that. Would GJ throw for 4000 yards in his senior year in Coach Angel's offense? Probably not.

Phil C
03-31-2006, 02:48 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

Macarthur
03-31-2006, 02:49 PM
I guess my question is, what are the "new relevant facts" and what were the threats given?

SWMustang
03-31-2006, 02:53 PM
this is still the way I look at it. They wanted Blake Yancey, GJ's quarterback coach, to either be the new head coach or at least the OC calling plays. THEY HAVE SAID THAT NUMEROUS TIMES, AND NEVER WANTED TO HAVE TO SAY THIS BUT EVEN SAID IT DIRECTLY TO ME VERBALLY! It wasn't about protection. It was all about X's and O's and controll. It was WAY MORE then just a quote in the local paper. It was being said all around town by her not knowing that what she was saying would eventually cause all of this controvery as to whether or not he is moving for athletic reasons. And what do you know? All of a sudden after figuring out what she was saying was actually hurting them the typical thing happens....."I was misquoted." Horse crap. Lance Angel is hired. He is a Wing-T guy. He will be calling the plays, not Coach Yancey. All of a sudden here are all of these safety issues. Coach Angel has already made it apparant that he would like the current staff to stay. If they stay or not is the current assistants choice.

So, these coaches are still there and have been invited to stay.

Now, having said that. Would GJ throw for 4000 yards in his senior year in Coach Angel's offense? Probably not.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
03-31-2006, 02:55 PM
All of a sudden here are all of these safety issues.

She states that they reported these safety issues to both the school district and law enforcement a while back BEFORE the new coach was hired. So this is evidently not something that was fabricated as a cover up after the fact. If she wasn't aware that was she was saying would cause problems...then do you HONESTLY think she would have thought "I'll just play dumb and run my mouth to cause problems but at the same time start reporting these issues to the appropriate people. That way if another coach gets hired then I can fall back on the safety issue!" Yeah...give me a break. This isn't a murder mystery with all of these in-depth twists to it. It's a lady making what she feels is the best decision for her family. For you to question it and claim she is wrong is quite pompous and judgmental of you.

SWMustang
03-31-2006, 02:58 PM
She states that they reported these safety issues to both the school district and law enforcement a while back BEFORE the new coach was hired. So this is evidently not something that was fabricated as a cover up after the fact. If she wasn't aware that was she was saying would cause problems...then do you HONESTLY think she would have thought "I'll just play dumb and run my mouth to cause problems but at the same time start reporting these issues to the appropriate people. That way if another coach gets hired then I can fall back on the safety issue!" Yeah...give me a break. This isn't a murder mystery with all of these in-depth twists to it. It's a lady making what she feels is the best decision for her family. For you to question it and claim she is wrong is quite pompous and judgmental of you.

I think Roscoe is a pretty safe place. Why didn't they go there?

lostaussie
I guess my question is, what are the "new relevant facts" and what were the threats given?

My worst fears came to the surface all over again when threatening statements towards my children were made on more than one occasion and in more than one venue. These threats were reported to the Canton Police Department just weeks ago. she doesn't give specifics and i certainly don't know. i'm just trying to give ya'll all the info on the situation that i can.

kaorder1999
I agree with you...she was bringing up issues to CISD before the new coach was hired but was at the same time telling newspapers and telling individuals (even posters on the downlow) that they DID NOT want to leave Canton and if Yancey was calling the plays as the OC or head coach they would remain in Canton.

what I should have said in my earlier post is.....the safety issues all of a sudden became bad enough for them to change schools when it wasn't that bad before the offense changed

sahen
03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
it truely is sad that the passion for this sport in Texas makes it the great thing it is yet some people cant seperate football from life and make it an ordeal like this...

Macarthur
03-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by sahen
it truely is sad that the passion for this sport in Texas makes it the great thing it is yet some people cant seperate football from life and make it an ordeal like this...

Who does this apply to?

pirate4state
03-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I think Roscoe is a pretty safe place. Why didn't they go there? :thinking: hmmmmmmm

SWMustang
03-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Who does this apply to?

me and kaorder

District303aPastPlayer
03-31-2006, 03:04 PM
let em go to Taft HS...

Adidas410s
03-31-2006, 03:19 PM
what I should have said in my earlier post is.....the safety issues all of a sudden became bad enough for them to change schools when it wasn't that bad before the offense changed

I think she was able to weigh the safety issues against the trust that she had in Coach Yancey and the other coaches to "be there" for her sons and when they were no longer going to be the ones ultimately responsible for her kids...then she pulled them.

sahen
03-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Who does this apply to?
it applies to the people that shot Kinne Sr. and in turn have caused this whole ordeal....

Macarthur
03-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by sahen
it applies to the people that shot Kinne Sr. and in turn have caused this whole ordeal....

But he was shot by one person. One person caused this whole ordeal. I inferred by her comment that there are more people that wanted to shoot Kinne Sr. or even Kinne Jr.?

I do not live in east Texas and have not been reading to keep up with everything that has gone on since. My inferrence from her comments is that there has been lots of things happen since the shooting that would put her sons in harms way. I'm asking what those things are that have come up after the fact.

lostaussie
03-31-2006, 03:49 PM
But he was shot by one person. One person caused this whole ordeal. I inferred by her comment that there are more people that wanted to shoot Kinne Sr. or even Kinne Jr.?

I do not live in east Texas and have not been reading to keep up with everything that has gone on since. My inferrence from her comments is that there has been lots of things happen since the shooting that would put her sons in harms way. I'm asking what those things are that have come up after the fact. the shooter has a son about a year or two behind kinne. i don't know the in and outs, nor do i care to. but it has been insinuated by several canton posters on other sites that the remaining family or others might be the problem.

sahen
03-31-2006, 04:06 PM

I do not live in east Texas and have not been reading to keep up with everything that has gone on since. My inferrence from her comments is that there has been lots of things happen since the shooting that would put her sons in harms way. I'm asking what those things are that have come up after the fact.
ok.....gee people, i am just trying to say that it is sad that all this crap is happening at all....that is it, do not read into what i said anymore than that please, thats all i meant....

Aesculus gilmus
03-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

I just hope Kinne and his mom can keep their composure through all this.

BTW, Smoaky just reported that G.J. is going to visit Southern Cal so he's going to miss the nightlife of downtown Gilmer on his first weekend as a resident of Tater Town.

Probably just as well. You've heard of Sixth Street? The Gilmer party scene can be compared to that. Just not very favorably.

big daddy russ
03-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

...Probably just as well. You've heard of Sixth Street? The Gilmer party scene can be compared to that. Just not very favorably.
ROFL

Adidas410s
03-31-2006, 04:35 PM

BTW, Smoaky just reported that G.J. is going to visit Southern Cal so he's going to miss the nightlife of downtown Gilmer on his first weekend as a resident of Tater Town.

Probably just as well. You've heard of Sixth Street? The Gilmer party scene can be compared to that. Just not very favorably.

They really know how to get down in Gilmer huh? Maybe I should re-think living in North Dallas!!! :thinking:

Aesculus gilmus
03-31-2006, 04:46 PM
They really know how to get down in Gilmer huh? Maybe I should re-think living in North Dallas!!! :thinking:

Due to our ideal location in a wooded area within 25 miles of two different Interstates, we are one of the few areas in America experiencing tremendous growth in the manufacturing sector.

Now it's true that most of the manufacturing takes place in meth labs, but we cannot be picky about the new jobs of the 21st century. We are in a global economy. :evillaugh

SWMustang
03-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Due to our ideal location in a wooded area within 25 miles of two different Interstates, we are one of the few areas in America experiencing tremendous growth in the manufacturing sector.

Now it's true that most of the manufacturing takes place in meth labs, but we cannot be picky about the new jobs of the 21st century. We are in a global economy. :evillaugh

:D :) :D

Gobbla2001
03-31-2006, 09:06 PM
This message helps me lean more toword the "accepting" side of Kinne being allowed to play at Gilmer this year, I'll admit that...

But you guys just do not understand how easy it is to use your misfortunes to get what you want...

My mother was in the hospital one week when I was in 7th grade... the next week I got detention, I skipped detention and my excuse was "My mom was still in the hospital, I wanted to see her because it was serious"... I got away with it... WHY? Because my dog didn't eat my homework and because my other-other-other-other grandmother hadn't died... it was because of a life-threatenting ordeal...

If these coaches meant so much to Kinne, he'd move to where THEY went to, if they didn't go to Gilmer then there's a HUUUUGGGGGGGEEEE hole there, why isn't he going to where they are at??? EXACTLY... they must have gone to Windsboro...

Like I said, I wish this kid the best, but for cryin' out loud he has the world on his side minus the "be fair to everyone" folk like myself...

LH Panther Mom
03-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If these coaches meant so much to Kinne, he'd move to where THEY went to, if they didn't go to Gilmer then there's a HUUUUGGGGGGGEEEE hole there, why isn't he going to where they are at??? EXACTLY... they must have gone to Windsboro...

I believe I read they're still at Canton.

Hupernikomen
03-31-2006, 10:51 PM
I can certainly appreciate everything she said...after all her husband was shot..

I have one question. How far is Gilmer from Waco?

Ranger Mom
03-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I can certainly appreciate everything she said...after all her husband was shot..

I have one question. How far is Gilmer from Waco?

I guess this is one thing I am confused on......is it her husband or her ex-husband????

LH Panther Mom
03-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I guess this is one thing I am confused on......is it her husband or her ex-husband????
Ex

lostaussie
04-01-2006, 08:28 AM
I guess this is one thing I am confused on......is it her husband or her ex-husband???? real father moved to Waco to coach. mother and step father moved to Gilmer

JasperDog94
04-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Okay, lemme see if I've got this straight:

Coach Yancey could provide more safety than the other coaches and so they wanted him to stay and call the offensive plays or become the head coach.

Coach Yancey doesn't get the head job, nor will he be calling the plays.

Coach Yancey is still in Canton.

Can Coach Yancey provide better protection and security for GJ just by calling the plays?:confused:

HPLJ6L
04-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

Coach Yancey could provide more safety than the other coaches and so they wanted him to stay and call the offensive plays or become the head coach.

Can Coach Yancey provide better protection and security for GJ just by calling the plays?:confused:

Looks like the dog has sniffed out some facts.....must be part bloodhound and part bulldog.

mrescape43
04-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I think Roscoe is a pretty safe place. Why didn't they go there?

Exactly. There are many safe towns in texas that just don't happen to have what is probably the best 3A football team in the state.

JasperDog94
04-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Looks like the dog has sniffed out some facts.....must be part bloodhound and part bulldog. woof woof :p

mrescape43
04-03-2006, 01:04 PM

I think your post sums it up real well.:thumbsup:

lostaussie
04-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
what is probably the best 3A football team in the state. it's a long way until season, and i think thats a great compliment, just a little premature.

kaorder1999
04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I think your post sums it up real well.:thumbsup:

what ive been saying all along....its solely because Yancey isnt calling hte plays and they will probably be rinning the wing...

HPLJ6L
04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
So, again, will somebody please tell me why we even have a set of UIL rules, since they are obviously optional.

JasperDog94
04-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
So, again, will somebody please tell me why we even have a set of UIL rules, since they are obviously optional. This issue is far from over.

mrescape43
04-03-2006, 03:05 PM
This issue is far from over.

I hope you are right!

lostaussie
04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
This issue is far from over. jasperdog94 come on up. i'm taking off and going fishing tomorrow. we could catch some hogs and debate the issue:D

JasperDog94
04-03-2006, 03:52 PM
jasperdog94 come on up. i'm taking off and going fishing tomorrow. we could catch some hogs and debate the issue:D :( You're going to get me in trouble making those kind of offers. ;)

lostaussie
04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
:( You're going to get me in trouble making those kind of offers. ;) beautiful lake o' pines. gassed up and ready to go.

mrescape43
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
jasperdog94 come on up. i'm taking off and going fishing tomorrow. we could catch some hogs and debate the issue:D

There are some really large bass being caught at Lake Alan Henry.
In the last 2 weeks
5 over 11
2 13's
2 14's
1 15.04 which is new lake record.

JasperDog94
04-03-2006, 04:04 PM
There are some really large bass being caught at Lake Alan Henry.
In the last 2 weeks
5 over 11
2 13's
2 14's
1 15.04 which is new lake record. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Phil C
04-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Now I am curious. Was he shot before or after the divorce?

District303aPastPlayer
04-03-2006, 04:09 PM

good question...

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 04:24 PM

From what I read somewhere, his mother and step-father ( I believe) moved to Canton after the shooting happened to take care of the kid(s).

lostaussie
04-03-2006, 04:48 PM
he was shot last year. i think they have been d'vorced for many years but i could be wrong.

Phil C
04-03-2006, 05:05 PM
he was shot last year. i think they have been d'vorced for many years but i could be wrong.

If that is the case then with the UIL it would seem like that since the father moved from Canton to Waco and the son decides to live with his mother who establishes residence in Gilmer that everything is within the rules.

mrescape43
04-03-2006, 05:21 PM
If that is the case then with the UIL it would seem like that since the father moved from Canton to Waco and the son decides to live with his mother who establishes residence in Gilmer that everything is within the rules.

Maybe so had the mother not said that if "so and so isn't either head coach or offensive coordinator we will be leaving" The way I understand it the man they wanted has been offered continued employment in Canton but not as HC or OC. In addition to this I read on another thread that Kinne had a website where he posted that move would give him a chance at a ring!

FootballChik98
04-03-2006, 05:39 PM
They have been divorced for several years, and G.J. had lived with his mother up until Coach Kinne took the job in Canton.

Gobbla2001
04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Forget all rumors and just look at the facts...

Fact: Kinne's mother said her son would not stay if a certain coach were not given the HC position...

Fact: Kinne's mother said the reason being is not for athletic purposes but for the fact that this certain coach means a lot to G.J. and has helped him out through the tough times on the family... which would be a great reason to stay...

Fact: The coach was not given the HC position, yet is still there and the family has still left...

I'd like to add it all up for you, but do to the great hole in this story it is not possible...

Gobbla2001
04-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Forget all rumors and just look at the facts...

Fact: Kinne's mother said her son would not stay if a certain coach were not given the HC position...

Fact: The coach was not given the HC position, yet is still there and the family has still left...

HC/OC.... whatever...

44INAROW
04-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by FootballChik98
They have been divorced for several years, and G.J. had lived with his mother up until Coach Kinne took the job in Canton.
so it could/would seem that he's moved before for athletic reasons :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
04-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
so it could/would seem that he's moved before for athletic reasons :rolleyes:

That was the first thought that went through my head when I read that too!!

Gobbla2001
04-03-2006, 09:12 PM
That was the first thought that went through my head when I read that too!!

But even if he was living with his father before he got the job, would it still be athletic purposes?

confusing...

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2006, 09:53 PM
But even if he was living with his father before he got the job, would it still be athletic purposes?

confusing...
No, it would be a "move" due to a parent taking a job in a different town. Coaches moving are the same as any other person moving. The kids move at the same time.