PDA

View Full Version : Bangs Coach hired at LaVernia...

vet93
03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Any thoughts...What is LaVernia's history? What kind of athletes do they have. Bo Robinson (the new coach) runs a power running game type of offense...does this fit with the athletes at LaVernia?

big daddy russ
03-31-2006, 03:21 PM
I think he'll be relying on his coaching a lot more than he did at Bangs, but LaVernia's always one of the best teams in that district. Don't remember the last time they made a serious run at state, but they've had some good teams.

injuredinmelee
03-31-2006, 04:55 PM
wonder why he was trying so hard to get out of Bangs?

vet93
03-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Bo has applied for jobs the last 2 or 3 years. He was a finalist at Navasota I think, among others. I think he enjoyed Bangs and has built a great program, but his goal (according to an article in the Abilene Reporter) was to coach at a 5a school and he needs this job to "move-up" in coaching. He did a super job at Bangs. His teams generally started slow but finished well in the playoffs.

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wonder why he was trying so hard to get out of Bangs?

injuredinmelee
03-31-2006, 05:46 PM
He is a heck of a guy. I havent talked to him in about a year though. I wish him well. Where the heck is la Vernia anyhow? I want to say it is down my San antonio but i could be wrong. That would make the 3rd time this year i was wrong yall write that down.

LH Panther Mom
03-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
He is a heck of a guy. I havent talked to him in about a year though. I wish him well. Where the heck is la Vernia anyhow? I want to say it is down my San antonio but i could be wrong. That would make the 3rd time this year i was wrong yall write that down.
That would be 3 times more than I've been wrong. :D :p In this case, though, you are correct. :)

injuredinmelee
03-31-2006, 08:02 PM
wheres my prize?