PDA

View Full Version : Good Movie Friday on Fox Movie Channel.

Phil C
03-29-2006, 05:07 PM
It is called 100 Rifles and is a good western in color made in 1969. It takes place in Mexico in the early 1900s when there was revolutions going on. It stars Jim Brown (the great football player), Raquel Welch (very beautiful) and Burt Reynolds (before he hit it really big). It also has Dan O'Herlihy as a railroad official, Fernando Lamas as General Verdugo and Eric Braeden is good as Lt. France of Germany.
It has good acting and action.
Jim Brown plays a US sheriff that goes to Mexico to arrest Burt Reynolds (who is half Indian and half white) for robbing a bank to buy guns for his people (Yaqui Indians) who are savagely repressed by the government in power. Welch is one of the Indians that works with Reynolds. Because of the cruelty and greed of General Verdugo they all three become allies in the cause of the Indians. A good movie indeed.
It is on the FMN this Friday at 3 P.M.

Adidas410s
03-29-2006, 05:51 PM
there ya go Phil!!! Except I am at work @ 3PM on Friday and don't yet have my DVR :(

JasperDog94
03-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Why did I even click on this thread? :doh:

I really should know better by now.:nerd:

Phil C
03-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
there ya go Phil!!! Except I am at work @ 3PM on Friday and don't yet have my DVR :(

There are other times it is on too Adidas! Check it out on your tv guide. The thing about the movie is that when it was made Jim Brown and Raquel Welch were bigger stars than Burt Reynolds and were billed ahead of them. However, when you watch this movie it was obvious that Burt was going to be the bigger star in the long run just based on his performance.