PDA

View Full Version : Loudest Fans in 3A

Pudlugger
09-19-2002, 10:48 PM
Which school in 3A has the loudest fans? I know La Grange has real loud fans. They bring propane bottles filled with ball bearings which can make you deaf if you're not careful! Some bring boxes of noisemakers and clappers so everyone can join in. During the play-offs they played in the Almadome 3 times and the Astrodome once and the noise was incredible. On important third down situations they can really pump up the defense. I think that La Grange has to be one of the loudest group of fans in Texas. It is great to be there experiencing such enthusiastic community support.

spaniard
09-19-2002, 10:58 PM
i know that gateville has really loud fans, they have great spirit and support from their fans.

Chris Hart
09-19-2002, 11:26 PM
The Burnet crowd can get very loud, they were in the 4th quarter Friday night.It seems as if the crowd sits on their hands though until the game gets close, and then they get the place rocking.The team usually responds, the fans should start out rocking, and we might not have as many nail-biters.
We have a real good crowd, and lots of them.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Swarm 51
09-20-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by spaniard:
i know that gateville has really loud fans, they have great spirit and support from their fans.

Thanks, Spaniard. We Gatesville Hornet fans feel the same about the Burnet followers. Besides our mouths we also have miniature black helmets with a face mask that when shaken they sound like small stones or pebbles enclosed in the helmet. Forgot to take mine to Cameron last week. I thought the fans sitting near me were going to run me out of the stadium. I will never do that again. From now on it stays in my truck. One thing that impressed me with the Burnet stadium was the green and white flags at the top. Think I will pass the idea along to someone I know on the school board. By the way, Pudlugger, before I retired I lived in Round Rock and always kept up with the Leopards. Am glad to see them doing so well. You have a super H/C and best of luck to the team this season. I can remember when they, like the GV Hornets as well as the Burnet Bulldogs, had a few bad years.
Now, let the good times roll.

Pudlugger
09-20-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Swarm 51:
By the way, Pudlugger, before I retired I lived in Round Rock and always kept up with the Leopards. Am glad to see them doing so well. You have a super H/C and best of luck to the team this season. I can remember when they, like the GV Hornets as well as the Burnet Bulldogs, had a few bad years.
Now, let the good times roll.

Swarm 51 thank you for the kind words regarding the La Grange program. As a parent I have watched this program develop over the past 8 years since Coach V took over. It takes a few seasons to turn a program around as it begins at the 7th grade level where the new kids learn the system. Sure enough, when the seventh graders were in high school in 1997 Coach V had the team in the State semi-finals. We gave Sealy its only loss in 64 games that season. I have to feel bad for the new Giddings coaches who have been trying to initiate some changes in their program this year. They are receiving alot of undeserved criticism. It takes some time to set up a winning system. Now La Grange is a winning program year in and year out, do to the institution of a coherent winning system from 7th grade on up. The community backs the team and the coaches and, even as they did after our disappointing openner at Yoakum, will turn out the next week to help turn things around. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Pudlugger (edited September 20, 2002).]

sinfan75
09-20-2002, 11:00 AM
When there's a big game Sinton fans can get fairly rowdy.Last year durin the play-offs Sinton fans would be packed in on their side of the field before the players would come out for pre-game warm-ups.

audasmom7
09-20-2002, 11:00 AM
Not the Rangers.. although they are getting better thanks to the help of Rangermom and her friends when I first came to Greenwood I was shocked at the crowd.

Ranger Mom
09-20-2002, 11:14 AM
I have to agree with Audasmom, Greenwood fans need to get a WHOLE LOT more Rowdy. There is a section of us who yell and cheer and dance (and generally make total idiots of ourselves), but we seem to have trouble getting anyone around us to even stand up during 2-bits.
The football boys will turn around and gesture to the crowd to get them up and moving. That works for a while. But they shouldn't have to tell the fans to yell for them.
Any suggestions on how to get people out of their seats and cheering for anything other than a touchdown??

3A Roy
09-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Bridge City has a lot of fans that can get pretty loud.

Donkey41
09-20-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger:
Which school in 3A has the loudest fans? I know La Grange has real loud fans. They bring propane bottles filled with ball bearings which can make you deaf if you're not careful! Some bring boxes of noisemakers and clappers so everyone can join in. During the play-offs they played in the Almadome 3 times and the Astrodome once and the noise was incredible. On important third down situations they can really pump up the defense. I think that La Grange has to be one of the loudest group of fans in Texas. It is great to be there experiencing such enthusiastic community support.

Yes La Grange has loud fans, however when playoff time comes around, UIL rules state that you cannot have artificial noisemakers in the playoffs, I'm not being picky but I would like them to know that it is possible to be forfeited for those propane bottles.

toby070
09-20-2002, 03:02 PM
Yes, the Burnet fans are very loud, but I believe the LaVernia fans, when they came into Texan Stadium two years ago, may have been louder...damn rowdy bunch.

Pudlugger, NOTHING is louder than those dadgum noisemakers in the Alamodome though...from what I heard, the Wimberley coaches put some time into their preparation to account for the racket. Also, lots of Texan fans watched y'all vs. Mathis, and made their own noisemakers to counter.

Ranger Mom
09-20-2002, 04:09 PM
Is that a new UIL Rule?? I had never heard that, we ALWAYS have the noise makers, (shaker helmets, bottles with pennies, cans with ???, propane bottles). I would like to know for sure, so we don't do anything like that if we are fortunate enough to be in that position.

spaniard
09-20-2002, 04:21 PM
that rule has been around for a while i think. i got one of my many noise makers banned from the burnet games, home and away. im not sure if its bc it was so stinkin annoying, or if it is bc it was illegal or whatever. anywhoo, it also got banned from all the basketball games. so i dont know about whether or not that rule is new or what.