PDA

View Full Version : Any Canton Posters

Buccaneer
03-29-2006, 08:39 AM
I would love to hear their take on the Kinne move.

lostaussie
03-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I would love to hear their take on the Kinne move. there were lots of canton posters on smoaky actually defending the move, which suprised me. you can't go read them though. because of all the negativety and bashing the thread was removed.

Buccaneer
03-29-2006, 03:08 PM
I would love to hear their side.

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 03:18 PM
From what I read, the vast majority were very classy and supportive. I expect that they are just ready to move on. They have good kids, a good new coach, and are just ready to get back to business and prepare for next season.

I may be mistaken but I did not read one negative post from the Canton folks about the move. The coach and the young man seem to be a polarizing factor in that community but to a man they seemed to all wish them well. Botton line is nobody wants to see a family and a community have to go through all of this.

nutcrackin
03-29-2006, 03:29 PM
The biggest shock for me was that they really feel sorry for the Robertson kid (son of the man that shot G.J. Sr.). They feel that he is heading down the same path that his father was on in terms not receiving of love, attention and direction that most kids get. They seem to think that the P.D. in Canton have always bailed out Robertson Sr. for crimes in the past because he has buddys on the police force. There is definately a feeling of malice from Jr. Robertson towards Kinne because he felt that G.J. was the reason his dad was locked up. I agree, most all Canton fans that are posting are supportive of G.J. and feel bad for him and ashamed of some individuals in their town.

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I am a Gilmer fan and a Tyler Lee fan. I became a Canton fan last year as well. I do feel sorry for the Robertson boy. He probably needs some support at this point. I cannot imagine how a 17 year old can deal with all of that. The Kinne son certainly did not want any of the controversy as well. I was a little disturbed that there were people that supported the shooters criminal act but hey, there are misguided people everywhere. I do wish Canton the best and hope that they can get back to normal. Same goes for Gilmer. They did not need the controversy either.

Macarthur
03-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Did anyone else think his mom's comment was a bit strange about wanting to get out of a metropolitain area? She basically felt that being in a metropolitain area contributed to the shooting and she wanted to get the kids out of that environment.

Seems odd to me. I've never considered Canton part of the plex.

FootballChik98
03-29-2006, 05:32 PM
If they truly felt that G.J.'s safety was an issue, then I do not blame them one bit for moving. I wish him and his entire family the best of luck, and I hope that this move is what is best for them all. The only problem I had was the comment that was made about if Yancey wasn't hired, then they weren't sure if they would stay or not. I hope that G.J. gets to enjoy his senior year at Gilmer, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming season for the Eagles.

Cameron Crazy
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
I think its stupid cause he is gonna play his senior year.i would have stayed

Phil C
03-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Did anyone else think his mom's comment was a bit strange about wanting to get out of a metropolitain area? She basically felt that being in a metropolitain area contributed to the shooting and she wanted to get the kids out of that environment.

Seems odd to me. I've never considered Canton part of the plex.

Canton in the plex! That sure isn't what I remember 30 years ago when I lived in Tyler!

lostaussie
03-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Canton in the plex! That sure isn't what I remember 30 years ago when I lived in Tyler! the Godfather was in tyler? that was about the time of earl cambell?