PDA

View Full Version : Should the Transfer Be Legalized by the UIL

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Should the GJ Kinne Transfer to Gilmer negate his final year of Eligibility... or should he be allowed to play Next Year?

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 09:52 PM
With the information we currently have, only the OJ jury would say yes.:D :D

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 09:53 PM
im surprised the poll hadn't come sooner...

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 09:54 PM
1 vote for yes so far. I wonder which juror is a member of the downlow?:thinking:

pirate4state
03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
There is an option missing:

I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S $$$!! :D

but that's just ME! :evillaugh

marlin fan
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

but that's just ME! :evillaugh I second that!!!

CHS_CG
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM

but that's just ME! :evillaugh

:clap: :clap: thats always a good option

SWMustang
03-28-2006, 10:21 PM
You should give a rat's a$$. Do you realize what kind of precedent this sets? If this is allowed to happen HS, kids will be allowed to offer there services wherever they wish. The game and what makes it something that we all love will never be the same. I don't see how the UIL could withstand the slew of lawsuits..

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S $$$!! :D since when do rats have money?!?!?!?! and how is it that you get to choose what is done with it...:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
You should give a rat's a$$. Do you realize what kind of precedent this sets? If this is allowed to happen HS, kids will be allowed to offer there services wherever they wish. The game and what makes it something that we all love will never be the same. I don't see how the UIL could withstand the slew of lawsuits..

the UIL would become a joke

PPHSfan
03-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Man,

If G.A. were the coach in Gilmer yall would be calling for his head.

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Man,

If G.A. were the coach in Gilmer yall would be calling for his head.

YUP!

pirate4state
03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
since when do rats have money?!?!?!?! and how is it that you get to choose what is done with it...:confused: This pirate on occasion has some money. :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the UIL would become a joke i disagree, i dont think the UIl would become a joke simply because one team has recieved a player of great talent, what if the player werent so talented? would it still be considered wrong then? even if he were to blatantly come out and say that he were moving there solely for athletic reasons? i think your just trying to get under everyones skin.

pirate4state
03-28-2006, 10:32 PM
You should give a rat's a$$. Do you realize what kind of precedent this sets? If this is allowed to happen HS, kids will be allowed to offer there services wherever they wish. The game and what makes it something that we all love will never be the same. I don't see how the UIL could withstand the slew of lawsuits.. Ummmm....I don't give a rat's a$$. :kiss:

Old Tiger
03-28-2006, 10:33 PM
If he was really being targeted and harassed then he should get to play. A kids safety is more important than a game.

PPHSfan
03-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Man,

If G.A. were the Gilmer coach the vote would be 99-0.

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Wow. Now I know how OJ got off scott free. His mother said that GJ's participation in Canton rested on who got the coaching job. If a certain person didn't get it, then that would determine if they stayed in Canton. It didn't go their way and then they transfer to Gilmer. How is that not transferring for athletic purposes?

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 10:46 PM
i wont name names, but i think that some people are just upset that a really good player moved to another school and not theirs...you know, but whatever. everyone has their own agendas. i really just hope we can keep it civil while we discuss the situation...:rolleyes:

Matthew328
to me this is kinda a moot point...Gilmer likley would roll to a state title with or without Kinne.....I think the UIL will OK this simply because of the unprecedented circumstances....is it a lil fishy he went to Gilmer?? Yeah maybe.....but I think with the circumstance of his dad being shot and nearly killed that will be the bug trump card....

Let me ask you this....would you stay at a school where your dad was shot and nearly killed sitting in his office?? I sure as hell wouldnt!

JasperDog94
i wont name names, but i think that some people are just upset that a really good player moved to another school and not theirs...you know, but whatever. everyone has their own agendas. i really just hope we can keep it civil while we discuss the situation...:rolleyes: Are you serious?

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
to me this is kinda a moot point...Gilmer likley would roll to a state title with or without Kinne.....I think the UIL will OK this simply because of the unprecedented circumstances....is it a lil fishy he went to Gilmer?? Yeah maybe.....but I think with the circumstance of his dad being shot and nearly killed that will be the bug trump card....

Let me ask you this....would you stay at a school where your dad was shot and nearly killed sitting in his office?? I sure as hell wouldnt! BUT, that's not the issue. The issue is whether he's transferring for athletic purposes. I guess I just can't get past his mother's statements.

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 10:48 PM

Let me ask you this....would you stay at a school where your dad was shot and nearly killed sitting in his office?? I sure as hell wouldnt!

i would get the hell out of dodge right after it happened... not at the end of the year... he's been homeschooled since the incident (reported in another post/thread). he has had plenty of time to move, why wait til now...

CHS_CG
03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Are you serious?

I saw nothing funny in that statement:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
I guess I just can't get past his mother's statements.

me either

JasperDog94
i would get the hell out of dodge right after it happened... not at the end of the year... he's been homeschooled since the incident (reported in another post/thread). he has had plenty of time to move, why wait til now... And why try to influence who got the coaching job if you're planning on moving?:thinking:

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I saw nothing funny in that statement:confused: It wasn't intended to be funny. I was asking if he was being serious. I just can't believe people are looking past the mother's comments like they don't even exist.:(

Pmoney
03-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Let the kid play...its high school not pros...they need to take all this professional like actions out of high school sports...THEY ARE KIDS NOT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Let the kid play...its high school not pros...they need to take all this professional like actions out of high school sports...THEY ARE KIDS NOT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES

then say goodbye to ever competing in sports... all good athletes transfer to one school in one district, and the rest of the district goes down the drain in comp...

pirate4state
03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
It wasn't intended to be funny. I was asking if he was being serious. I just can't believe people are looking past the mother's comments like they don't even exist.:( I'm serious...what did she say? I didn't read any of the articles but you know that thing with the cat and curiosity...:D

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Let the kid play...its high school not pros...they need to take all this professional like actions out of high school sports...THEY ARE KIDS NOT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES So does that mean he and every other high school athlete get's to skip out on the rules?

If you don't like the rules, then try to get them changed. Until then, the UIL should and I think will, continue to uphold the current rules.

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 10:56 PM
i would get the hell out of dodge right after it happened... not at the end of the year... he's been homeschooled since the incident (reported in another post/thread). he has had plenty of time to move, why wait til now... why wait til now? ill tell you why wait til now, the incident has gotten out of the media's microscope. now he can go to another school, be away from somewhere that was traumatic to him and his family (if you have never been in a situation involving people being shot you may not understand) and complete his high school career and move on to college. thats why wait til now. i still believe everyone is making such a big deal out of something that doesnt even matter.

Old Tiger
03-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Let the kid play...its high school not pros...they need to take all this professional like actions out of high school sports...THEY ARE KIDS NOT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES Yea like steriods, let the kids take em! J/K

I agree with your statement.

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm serious...what did she say? I didn't read any of the articles but you know that thing with the cat and curiosity...:D same here. i didnt read them, i just got off of work, of which i have been at since 5 in the morning...so please fill us in.

SWMustang
03-28-2006, 10:58 PM
then say goodbye to ever competing in sports... all good athletes transfer to one school in one district, and the rest of the district goes down the drain in comp...

EXACTLY - that's what the potential is here. Then again, Snyder's not opposed to recruiting a tailback every now and then :)

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Are you serious? yep

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 11:01 PM
This is the mother's quote:

G.J’s mother Jacqueline Carter said he will not be following his father to a school in the Waco area.
“We are at a point where we don’t want to leave Canton,” said Carter. “We love this town and want to see G.J. finish high school here. However, G.J. has been through a lot over the last year. Him staying in Canton depends on what happens with the hiring process of the new football coach. Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying."

Pretty black and white to me.

Pmoney
03-28-2006, 11:04 PM
EXACTLY - that's what the potential is here. Then again, Snyder's not opposed to recruiting a tailback every now and then :)
o stop whining...snyder has never recruited a tailback

SWMustang
03-28-2006, 11:05 PM
o stop whining...snyder has never recruited a tailback

I'm just messing with you.

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 11:06 PM
never ends does it...

pirate4state
03-28-2006, 11:07 PM

G.J’s mother Jacqueline Carter said he will not be following his father to a school in the Waco area.
“We are at a point where we don’t want to leave Canton,” said Carter. “We love this town and want to see G.J. finish high school here. However, G.J. has been through a lot over the last year. Him staying in Canton depends on what happens with the hiring process of the new football coach. Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying."

Pretty black and white to me. :thinking: Interesting....

*stomps foot on the ground* I WON'T. :evillaugh

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 11:07 PM

Pretty black and white to me.
well, i cant say i blame her. im pretty sure they have the right to move if they want. im also pretty sure that complaining about it here isnt gonna convince them to move back to canton...i still think they are making the right move after the incident.

Pmoney
03-28-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm just messing with you.
i know....

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 11:10 PM
well, i cant say i blame her. im pretty sure they have the right to move if they want. im also pretty sure that complaining about it here isnt gonna convince them to move back to canton...i still think they are making the right move after the incident. I'm not saying whether it's the right move for not for them. That's not my place. But I do have the right to say that I think they are moving for athletic purposes. (In the voice of Lee Corso) "And that, my friend, is a no no."

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 11:12 PM
i still dont see the problem. they are within the rules and thus have done nothing for this to become a "no no" situation as you would call it.

SWMustang
03-28-2006, 11:13 PM
i still dont see the problem. they are within the rules and thus have done nothing for this to become a "no no" situation as you would call it.

The rules state you can't transfer for athletic reasons.

kaorder1999
03-28-2006, 11:16 PM
you cannot make comments in the newspaper saying that if a certain coach gets the job then you will stay.

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
you cannot make comments in the newspaper saying that if a certain coach gets the job then you will stay. im pretty sure they can...cause they did. which brings me back to my original point of, if the student were to have little or not talent/athletic ability and still move, no one would care. so what is the problem?

pirate4state
03-28-2006, 11:22 PM
The Rangers won the Silver Boot!! :D :D

SWMustang
03-28-2006, 11:24 PM
That's about all they won. Ok I took the bait - why are you posting that here? I'm guessing the Kinne saga has bored you. You know what? me too - I'm clocking out.

Ranger Mom
03-28-2006, 11:24 PM

ROFLMAO!!!:clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
03-28-2006, 11:25 PM
That's about all they won. Ok I took the bait - why are you posting that here? I'm guessing the Kinne saga has bored you. You know what? me too - I'm clocking out.

That was a hot topic here too when all that was going on!!

LH Panther Mom
03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
im pretty sure they can...cause they did. which brings me back to my original point of, if the student were to have little or not talent/athletic ability and still move, no one would care. so what is the problem?
The rules should apply the same, talent or not. If it were someone with little or no talent, the difference is that no one would hear about it. :)

kaorder1999
03-28-2006, 11:29 PM
im pretty sure they can...cause they did. which brings me back to my original point of, if the student were to have little or not talent/athletic ability and still move, no one would care. so what is the problem?

it doesnt matter. Its the rule. You are right...his mom did say that and they are more then welcome to move anywhere they want to but that doesn't mean he will be cleared to play by the UIL or the District Executive Committee because of a rule infraction. THERE ARE NO RULES THAT KEEP YOU FROM MOVING FROM ONE SCHOOL TO ANOTHER BUT THERE IS A RULE THAT KEEPS YOU FROM COMPETING IN VARSITY EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES IF YOU MOE FOR ATHLETIC REASONS!

kaorder1999
03-28-2006, 11:31 PM
People being named ineligible for moving for athletic purposes happens ALL THE TIME. You just dont hear about it because they arent highly recruited players. Happened to the McKInney North quarterback a couple of years ago and he ended up moving out of state so he could play

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The rules should apply the same, talent or not. If it were someone with little or no talent, the difference is that no one would hear about it. :) thank you for finally saying what i wanted to hear. which is that at some level there is equality.

pirate4state
03-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Everyone just needs to "Simma down na" :D :D

Ranger Mom
03-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Does anyone remember a story from a few years ago about 2 brothers (I think from Stephenville) whose dad lost his job and got one in another town but the school said the boys were moving for athletic purposes??

The were pretty good players, I think, and from the article I read, they were homeless and living in their car because they had lost their house.

All this just brought that back to memory, and I don't ever remember hearing how it ended!

LH Panther Mom
03-28-2006, 11:36 PM
thank you for finally saying what i wanted to hear. which is that at some level there is equality.
That is the point. An athlete cannot move for athletic reasons....period. The rule has to be equal for all.

DragonEagle01
03-28-2006, 11:54 PM
In my opinion, Kinne's sole purpose for going to Gilmer is for a shot at the state championship. The reason he waited this long to transfer was to see the outcome of the coaching situation. With the comments his mother made, there is just no other explanation. In my opinion, if it was truly a safety issue, why would you not immediately transfer him to another school? When you comment in the paper and on your website that if you don't get the coach you want, you will leave, that is athletic reasons. If they would have just not said anything, and then said they were moving for other reasons I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. If Yancey was the coach, GJ would still be in Canton next year. Would Yancey being the coach make Canton a safer school for him to attend? It just doesn't add up to me. I wish him the best of luck next year and hope it doesn't hurt his chances or playing, and I hope his family made the best decision for them. I just think they went about it the wrong way.

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 12:24 AM

Probably wouldn't stay in that school but it is just too coincidental that they picked the school that has such a strong team. If Gilmer were just an average team noone would even question this.

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 12:26 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thinking: :thinking:

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 12:28 AM
The rules state you can't transfer for athletic reasons.

Yep, and the quote by his mother pretty well sums it up that it is for athletic reasons.

clayton7
03-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Well case closed then.:D

Black_Magic
03-29-2006, 09:38 AM
You should give a rat's a$$. Do you realize what kind of precedent this sets? If this is allowed to happen HS, kids will be allowed to offer there services wherever they wish. The game and what makes it something that we all love will never be the same. I don't see how the UIL could withstand the slew of lawsuits.. agreed.. BUT does sweetwater have somone who moved for athletic reasons who may play QB next year?

AggieJohn
03-29-2006, 09:39 AM
yes, but i think their should be a penalty like the 15 day window

Ranger Mom
03-29-2006, 09:41 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Is this gonna turn into a a Sweetwater/Snyder thread????

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Don't most of them? :rolleyes: :D ;)

Black_Magic
03-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Well remember who brought up the other first .... Lets not forget that. anyway, Im sure you girls will step in and defend sweetwater if they fall behind;)

Ranger Mom
03-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Well remember who brought up the other first .... Lets not forget that. anyway, Im sure you girls will step in and defend sweetwater if they fall behind;)

Did we quote only your post or single you out in anyway??

What exactly are you trying to say?

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2006, 10:11 AM
What exactly are you trying to say?
Good question. :mad:

Ranger Mom
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good question. :mad:

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Hmmmmm......never did get an answer!!

Black_Magic
03-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Did we quote only your post or single you out in anyway??

What exactly are you trying to say? nothing

SWMustang
03-29-2006, 11:18 AM
agreed.. BUT does sweetwater have somone who moved for athletic reasons who may play QB next year?

Yes, and he just sat out a year from Varsity athletics. Come on Black Magic - I was joking with Pmoney - nothing more.

Black_Magic
03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Yes, and he just sat out a year from Varsity athletics. Come on Black Magic - I was joking with Pmoney - nothing more. me too;)

SWMustang
03-29-2006, 11:52 AM
me too;)

The Tiger and the Mustang can get along - in the spring time anyway

Sweetwater Red
03-29-2006, 12:54 PM
WHAT?!! Maybe you need to take a look
at my sig. This is year round buddy.

Sweetwater Red
03-29-2006, 12:58 PM

Could be worse. Texashsfootball is
Hutto hates Cameron Yoe hates Hutto....
No matter what the thread topic is to
start with.

It would be better if ya'll just put a sticky
for Sweetwater vs. Snyder in any sport.

lostaussie
03-29-2006, 01:13 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Is this gonna turn into a a Sweetwater/Snyder thread???? i certainly hope so:D

Black_Magic
03-29-2006, 01:48 PM
We can always get along as long as people know where they belong.:D on the dinner plate:Dhttp://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/tiger_photos/photo_tige38.JPG

44INAROW
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i certainly hope so:D

LOL that is the best reply I've seen in days :)

HPLJ6L
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Gilmer looks to whup both of their butts this year with the Kinne kid. They beatin mustangs, tigers, bears, bulldogs and everybody next year. Or will G.J. cause a chemistry problem?

lostaussie
03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
LOL that is the best reply I've seen in days :) thanks, i certainly need a good laugh:)

JasperDog94
03-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Gilmer looks to whup both of their butts this year with the Kinne kid. They beatin mustangs, tigers, bears, bulldogs and everybody next year. Or will G.J. cause a chemistry problem? There will be no chemistry problem because he'll never see the field in Gilmer.

nutcrackin
03-29-2006, 03:33 PM
O.K. guys ... where should he play then? Go ahead and give me a school and tell me why he should play there and not at Gilmer. There is no right answer period. If he goes to any school other than Canton... he will be scrutinized. If he went to Waco, he would be told only because your dad is on the staff at Baylor is the only reason your the starter. Did you know that he only with with his father for 2 1/2 years of high school? All of his adolescent years were spent with Mom and stepdad who now live in Gilmer. I would love to hear all suggestions.

PPHSfan
03-29-2006, 05:00 PM
I think he should transfer to Whitesboro and play for G.A. Moore so all of you G.A. Bashers could be one sided on this issue, instead of fifty fifty.

Cameron Crazy
03-29-2006, 06:36 PM
He should have stayed man...

Haunta Yo
03-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
O.K. guys ... where should he play then? Go ahead and give me a school and tell me why he should play there and not at Gilmer. There is no right answer period. If he goes to any school other than Canton... he will be scrutinized. If he went to Waco, he would be told only because your dad is on the staff at Baylor is the only reason your the starter. Did you know that he only with with his father for 2 1/2 years of high school? All of his adolescent years were spent with Mom and stepdad who now live in Gilmer. I would love to hear all suggestions.

I see him having 3 possibilities next season if the mother's quote can be proven:
1. Canton
2. Play in Texas at a Non-UIL school (private school except the 2 Jesuits)
3. Play somewhere out of state.

I've been wrong before, but UIL will be opening a Pandora's Box if they let this happen.

Remember, kids move ALL THE TIME for athletic purposes - They just don't advertise it and that makes it very hard to PROVE.
If nothing had been stated in the paper and he just showed up in Gilmer, he'd be playing any Gilmer varsity sport in 15 days and no one could do anything to PROVE the move was for athletic purposes.

TAMUGRAD
03-29-2006, 07:47 PM
[i]Remember, kids move ALL THE TIME for athletic purposes - They just don't advertise it and that makes it very hard to PROVE.
If nothing had been stated in the paper and he just showed up in Gilmer, he'd be playing any Gilmer varsity sport in 15 days and no one could do anything to PROVE the move was for athletic purposes. [/B]

I agree with you, kids move to other schools for athletic purposes every year. The difference here is that comment his mother made. Take that comment out of the picture and everyone is very understanding - he didn't want to stay because of the shooting.