PDA

View Full Version : Joey Harrington to the Cowboys?

kepdawg
03-28-2006, 06:56 PM
What would you think about this?

Harrington is shopping around and the 'boys have been granted permission to talk with him.

big daddy russ
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What would you think about this?

Harrington is shopping around and the 'boys have been granted permission to talk with him.
I like it. When you have 50 projects with first-round talent learning from a old pro like Blesoe, at least one of them has to pan out. Just look at what he did for Brady.

whtfbplaya
03-28-2006, 07:31 PM
:clap:

smustangs
03-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I like it. When you have 50 projects with first-round talent learning from a old pro like Blesoe, at least one of them has to pan out. Just look at what he did for Brady.

i agree

stangpride
03-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
i agree

i think that would be great bledsoe is still pretty good but getting old harrington is young and did pretty good for the lions with terrell at the wideout position harrington could be a pro bowler if the cowboys could just get a line that can pass block a little better and pick up blitz

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by stangpride
i think that would be great bledsoe is still pretty good but getting old harrington is young and did pretty good for the lions with terrell at the wideout position harrington could be a pro bowler if the cowboys could just get a line that can pass block a little better and pick up blitz I know it's not English class, but please, for the love of everything holy, use punctuation!;)

BreckTxLonghorn
03-28-2006, 09:53 PM
i think that would be great bledsoe is still pretty good but getting old harrington is young and did pretty good for the lions with terrell at the wideout position harrington could be a pro bowler if the cowboys could just get a line that can pass block a little better and pick up blitz

Harrington was pretty good? He's a career 68 qb rating with three top 10 picks for receivers and a first round running back! If you think the Dallas O-line is bad, look at what he did in Detroit with an ultimately worse one. Harrington has talent, but I don't want to see "The Trainwreck" bring his show to Dallas, especially with a coach like Parcells who, at this stage in his career, sign a veteran quarterback than have to deal with grooming a new one.

Emerson1
03-28-2006, 09:59 PM
I would rather see Tony Romo getting the start after Bledsoe leaves.

stangpride
03-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I know it's not English class, but please, for the love of everything holy, use punctuation!;)

just read the words dont worry bout a stupid dot

NateDawg39
03-29-2006, 09:18 PM
just read the words dont worry bout a stupid dot When you get in High school, those stupid dots will make or break an English paper....;)

NateDawg39
03-29-2006, 09:22 PM
just read the words dont worry bout a stupid dot I assumed you were yet to be in High school by the way...and it is "About"...not, bout. :rolleyes::nerd:

BMOC
03-29-2006, 11:11 PM
I think Harrington could be a good fit. Hell, with TO there, why not just keep on digging a deeper and deeper hole?

AggieJohn
03-29-2006, 11:12 PM
what, drew henson not becoming the perennial all-star they were hoping he would be...that's shocking

injuredinmelee
03-29-2006, 11:36 PM
yes exactly lets spend some more money on a QB that has proven so much. Heck I would hire Quincy Carter as my QB coach and let him mentor he and Henson. There have been so many great Qb decisions made in Dallas. I cant believe anyone woul doubt that Jerry Jones sucks as a GM.

NateDawg39
03-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
yes exactly lets spend some more money on a QB that has proven so much. Heck I would hire Quincy Carter as my QB coach and let him mentor he and Henson. There have been so many great Qb decisions made in Dallas. I cant believe anyone woul doubt that Jerry Jones sucks as a GM. I cannot tell if that is sarcasm...or if you really think that way.:thinking:

injuredinmelee
03-30-2006, 07:42 AM
oh it is sarcasm. It is my opinion that Jerry Jones is one of the three biggest BOOBS in NFL history and this will just push him higher up the ladder.

Macarthur
03-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
oh it is sarcasm. It is my opinion that Jerry Jones is one of the three biggest BOOBS in NFL history and this will just push him higher up the ladder.

IM, there's certainly plenty of evidence with regards to him being a GM and his personel decisions, but you can't deny that he has been probably the primary driving force over the last 15 years that has vaulted the NFL to the most popular professional sport in our country. He is a marketing genius. Not a great football man, but a great salesman.

And, BTW, I think adding Harrington to the mix upgrades the position so if the price is fair, do it. I also think that Joe Montana would have been hard pressed to be successful in Detroit. That is one of the most disfunctional organizations in all of football. There are lots of QBs out there that take several years for the light bulb to come on.

NateDawg39
03-30-2006, 10:45 AM
I would take Jerry Jones over any other GM in the league to this day...ok I lied, I like the Steelers owner also.

injuredinmelee
03-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
IM, there's certainly plenty of evidence with regards to him being a GM and his personel decisions, but you can't deny that he has been probably the primary driving force over the last 15 years that has vaulted the NFL to the most popular professional sport in our country. He is a marketing genius. Not a great football man, but a great salesman.

And, BTW, I think adding Harrington to the mix upgrades the position so if the price is fair, do it. I also think that Joe Montana would have been hard pressed to be successful in Detroit. That is one of the most disfunctional organizations in all of football. There are lots of QBs out there that take several years for the light bulb to come on.

I have to agree that as a business man he is untouchable.