PDA

View Full Version : any free parking around Mi Tierra?

pirate44
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
we usually park in the pay parking lot on top of the building that holds all those Mercado shops. i was hoping i could find a spot for free somewhere else nearby.

Maroon87
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
we usually park in the pay parking lot on top of the building that holds all those Mercado shops. i was hoping i could find a spot for free somewhere else nearby.

In S.A.? Good luck...;)

turbostud
03-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Anyone know if the LoneStar Brewery is still open in SA?

SintonFan
03-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Parking around Mi tierra.
http://www.mitierracafe.com/Assets/map_marketsq.gif

SintonFan
03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Anyone know if the LoneStar Brewery is still open in SA?
Are you talking about the SA Museum of Art(old LS building) or the brewery itself?

pirate44
03-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Parking around Mi tierra.
http://www.mitierracafe.com/Assets/map_marketsq.gif
im not sure, but i think all those lots are pay lots. maybe i can park at the La Quinta (or is it holiday inn) and walk across the street :thinking:

turbostud
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Are you talking about the SA Museum of Art(old LS building) or the brewery itself?

The brewery and the hall of horns and museum.

Adidas410s
03-28-2006, 04:18 PM
im not sure, but i think all those lots are pay lots. maybe i can park at the La Quinta (or is it holiday inn) and walk across the street :thinking:

sure hope you don't fear for your car!!! We stayed there one time for HSU tennis...crazy things man...crazy things! :crying:

olddawggreen
03-28-2006, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbostud
The brewery and the hall of horns and museum. [/QUOTEB]

Their closed, but the hall of horns was mobed to a new location within walking distance of the river walk. I think its called the Buckhorn Saloon, but its been awhile since I was there.

turbostud
03-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbostud
The brewery and the hall of horns and museum. [/QUOTEB]

Their closed, but the hall of horns was mobed to a new location within walking distance of the river walk. I think its called the Buckhorn Saloon, but its been awhile since I was there.

I did a search for Buckhorn Saloon and in fact it did move and Lone Star brewery moved to Longview. Here is what I pulled off of the Buckhorn Saloon website. What a shame the LoneStar Brewery and Buckhorn Saloon was great. I loved going there and getting Lone Star fresh off the tap. It was the best tasting beer ever.

1998 - The Lone Star Brewery in San Antonio closes and the new owner, Stroh's Beer, moves brewing of Lone Star to the Stroh's Brewery in Longview, Texas. In order to keep The Buckhorn collection in San Antonio, the granddaughter of Albert Friedrich, Mary Friedrich Rogers and her husband, Wallace Rogers, acquire the collection. On December 22, 1998, the new Buckhorn Saloon & Museum opens on Houston Street - a few blocks from the original 1881 location.here is a link (http://www.buckhornmuseum.com/)

olddawggreen
03-28-2006, 05:27 PM
. What a shame the LoneStar Brewery and Buckhorn Saloon was great. I loved going there and getting Lone Star fresh off the tap. It was the best tasting beer ever.

I agree, you have to go to Shinner now for the samples.:)

SintonFan
03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
The brewery and the hall of horns and museum.
Ahhh, I have been here for five years and really have heard more about the Pearl brewery. Which did burn down last year.:(
The old Lone Star brewery is now the SA museum of art and it's a nice museum. HEB pays your admission on Tuesdays.:)
I've been to the Buckhorn and that is one neat place.

SintonFan
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
I've parked around Market square for free. It's been about three years since I was there and kinda late but it's do-able.
I have noticed the last few years anything downtown is just ugly as far as traffic. We avoid it especially on weekends.

turbostud
03-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Ahhh, I have been here for five years and really have heard more about the Pearl brewery. Which did burn down last year.:(
The old Lone Star brewery is now the SA museum of art and it's a nice museum. HEB pays your admission on Tuesdays.:)
I've been to the Buckhorn and that is one neat place.

Have you ever held up and looked real close at a bottle of Pearl Beer? You can see stuff floating in it. Hamm's also has stuff floating in it. I wonder what that stuff is?

SintonFan
03-28-2006, 09:20 PM
No I haven't. I don't drink the stuff. All I know is Pearl light reminds me of dish water. With less flavor.

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
HEB pays your admission on Tuesdays.:)

you are all welcome :)

sinton66
03-28-2006, 10:36 PM
forget Mi Tierra, go to the Casa Rio, they validate.;)

oh well
03-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Park on top of the buillding last time 3 months ago We parked somewhere else and 2 cars were broken into. Have not had trouble with the parking lot on the building. Just my take

Chad

pirate44
03-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by oh well
Park on top of the buillding last time 3 months ago We parked somewhere else and 2 cars were broken into. Have not had trouble with the parking lot on the building. Just my take

Chad
yeah, it sounds like that may be the way to go, since we'll be spending some time shopping too.

SintonFan
03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
I've parked around Market square for free.
Check that! I mentioned this to my better half(who seems to have the better memory) last night and she said we paid to park.:doh: