PDA

View Full Version : OU's Sampson to Coach Indiana

BreckTxLonghorn
03-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Breaking news from espn.com

Sources say Sampson replaces Davis at Indiana
By Andy Katz
ESPN.com

Oklahoma's Kelvin Sampson is expected to leave the school to become the next head coach at Indiana, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

Sampson

Sampson already told OU athletic director Joe Castiglione of his plans and was scheduled to meet with the Sooner team Tuesday afternoon.

A news conference announcing his hiring at Indiana could take place as early as Wednesday afternoon in Bloomington.

Sampson replaces Mike Davis, who took over for Hall of Fame coach Bob Knight in 2000.

lepfan
03-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Breaking news from espn.com

Sources say Sampson replaces Davis at Indiana
By Andy Katz
ESPN.com

Oklahoma's Kelvin Sampson is expected to leave the school to become the next head coach at Indiana, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

Sampson

Sampson already told OU athletic director Joe Castiglione of his plans and was scheduled to meet with the Sooner team Tuesday afternoon.

A news conference announcing his hiring at Indiana could take place as early as Wednesday afternoon in Bloomington.

Sampson replaces Mike Davis, who took over for Hall of Fame coach Bob Knight in 2000. We kinda knew this was coming...for a few years now.

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 01:43 PM
that'll cost 'em some recruits...

Cameron Crazy
03-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Who is taking his pos

neck_06
03-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Who is taking his pos

good question........

DaHop72
03-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
good question........ the chief:D :D

AggieJohn
03-28-2006, 02:26 PM
pretty good hire

punt
03-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Sampson has things in a mess at ou. Wondering what the outcome of the NCAA hearing in April will be for recruiting violations. He walks off and leaves the kids to suffer for the mess he made. Don't tell me he didn't know about Everetts problems. If he didn't he has lost control of his program, which is probably the case. Indiana didn't learn much from BK fiasco if they take on another problem. The talk sports shows in OKC have been buzzing with fans complaining that KS can't take them to the next level and he is more concerned about NCAA than he was about his coaching. Typical ou.

Phil C
03-28-2006, 03:35 PM
go chief go!

turbostud
03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Maybe Assistant coach Bob Hoffman will take over. He used the be the head coach at UT Pan American in Edinburg and lead the Broncos to a 21-9 record in 2001.

kepdawg
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Interesting hire by IU. The Hoosier boards are blowing up and it seems the majority, or at least the loudest posters, oppose the hire.

Bulldog_12
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
OU really has a problem now: who is going to pay the recruits to go to OU for basketball??? :D

lepfan
03-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
OU really has a problem now: who is going to pay the recruits to go to OU for basketball??? :D Maybe they can get one of Mack Brown's guys that he trained...I hear he trains them well in writing the checks for recruits. :D

lepfan
03-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by punt
Sampson has things in a mess at ou. Wondering what the outcome of the NCAA hearing in April will be for recruiting violations. He walks off and leaves the kids to suffer for the mess he made. Don't tell me he didn't know about Everetts problems. If he didn't he has lost control of his program, which is probably the case. Indiana didn't learn much from BK fiasco if they take on another problem. The talk sports shows in OKC have been buzzing with fans complaining that KS can't take them to the next level and he is more concerned about NCAA than he was about his coaching. Typical ou. It is a shame that the kids are going to suffer of the consequences of Kelvin making too many phone calls to recruits. But, the school did turn themselves in (NCAA didn't know about it until the school called it in)--I am not saying that makes it ok...Don't get me started on NCAA violations of "other" schools ---many of which are much more severe than making too many phone calls to recruits.

Yes this will cost some recruits...but then KS was never a top notch recruiter, nor could he ever develop a solid defense...change is good in this case.

:hand: :hand: <typical OU>:hand: :hand:

:kiss: my behind ;)