PDA

View Full Version : statement from Gilmer coach Jeff Traylor

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 01:16 PM
KINNE OFFICIALLY ENROLLS AT GILMER HIGH SCHOOL...

Smoaky.com has confirmed two-time all-state quarterback G.J. Kinne has enrolled at Gilmer High School.

When asked why he would want this kind of scrutiny and speculation about recruiting surround his already solid program, Gilmer athletic director and head football coach Jeff Traylor told me, "I understand there will be incredible amount scrutiny surrounding G.J.'s transfer to Gilmer, but the only scrutiny on the Gilmer Buckeyes, Jeff Traylor, and G.J. Kinne, will come from those who don't know what the Gilmer Buckeyes and Jeff Traylor are about. There won't be any added scrutiny from those who know about the Buckeyes program. For those people who really know me, they know my intentions are good. For those who don't know me, and want to speculate, I feel sorry for them."

Traylor added, "G.J. Kinne showed up at Gilmer High's front door this morning, and I'm going to coach him. That's what coaches do, we coach kids, I'd heard the speculation and rumors just like everybody else. G.J. is no different than any other kid his age, he just wants to enjoy his final year of high school, play football, and I'm sure right now, he's a little nervous about all the attention he's received."

Jeff Traylor will be a guest on David Smoak's Sports Talk tonight at 5:30pm on AM600 KTBB, and on ktbb.com.

oh well
03-28-2006, 01:29 PM
HE is a class act with the kids best interest

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by oh well
HE is a class act with the kids best interest i agree, but i knew this was coming with much controversy

STANG RED
03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
This still doesnt answer many unanswered questions. Until those questions are answered, the wild speculations will continue. The sooner the questions are answered, the better.

kaorder1999
03-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying."

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 02:23 PM
:confused:

smustangs
03-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
This still doesnt answer many unanswered questions. Until those questions are answered, the wild speculations will continue. The sooner the questions are answered, the better.

i agree 100% this is just a statement till they can get things sorted out to answer those questions i believe

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
This still doesnt answer many unanswered questions. Until those questions are answered, the wild speculations will continue. The sooner the questions are answered, the better. me i'm just a small fish, not very much in the know. i do know this though. Jeff Traylor WILL NOT compromise next years shot at a championship over one player. this will be sorted out before the start of football season.

injuredinmelee
03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
removed by me.

STANG RED
03-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
me i'm just a small fish, not very much in the know. i do know this though. Jeff Traylor WILL NOT compromise next years shot at a championship over one player. this will be sorted out before the start of football season.

I have no doubt it will be worked out before the season all right. Jeff Traylor may well be the most stand up, righteous guy in the world. But he has to realize, the vast majority of folks wouldnt know him from a hole in the wall. If he is going to make a statement, he needs to put alot more meat in it than that. His statement sounded very defensive to me, and yet at the same time, he aknowledged that they knew their would be alot of speculation and questions about this. He would have just been better off not making a statement at all, if this is all he can tell us at this time. All he did here was just stir the pot a little more IMO. If everything is all on the up and up, it should be very easy to explain, shouldnt it? Obviously that is what its going to take to satisfy everyone, so they just need to spit it out, and stop all this speculation in the bud. :)

Fletch
03-28-2006, 03:56 PM
How noble and gracious of him to accept this poor wandering kid who just wants to enjoy his senior year of football. Sniff, sniff, kinda makes you tear up a little, don't it?

A true humanitarian! Do they award the Nobel Prize to football coaches? :rolleyes:

HPLJ6L
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
The kid is making the right decision.
The new coach should be allowed to create his own legacy out of the shadows of Coach Kinne, which G.J. is a part of.
If you had a choice, wouldn't you want to go to a contender? I am surprised he didn't go 5a to Mesquite.

STANG RED
03-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
The kid is making the right decision.
The new coach should be allowed to create his own legacy out of the shadows of Coach Kinne, which G.J. is a part of.
If you had a choice, wouldn't you want to go to a contender? I am surprised he didn't go 5a to Mesquite.

I dont care where he goes, or who he plays for, as long as it is all done within the UIL rules that everyone else has to abide by. It probably is, but there are some legitimate concerns that have got to be addressed asap.

HPLJ6L
03-28-2006, 04:20 PM
I am sure the UIL won't pull a MOYE on this one.

Adidas410s
03-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Traylor added, "G.J. Kinne showed up at Gilmer High's front door this morning, and I'm going to coach him. That's what coaches do, we coach kids, I'd heard the speculation and rumors just like everybody else. G.J. is no different than any other kid his age, he just wants to enjoy his final year of high school, play football, and I'm sure right now, he's a little nervous about all the attention he's received."

Wait...the kid has his own freakin' website!!! He is like every other high school kid??? You've got to be kidding me. This kid is trying to do what is best for his long term goals of playing Division 1 football in 2007. For the coach to not even acknowledge that is being naive on his part. At least the mom was honest about why they are moving...because (to paraphrase) "Canton is no longer the best fit for G.J...whether it be in football because of the change in offensive mindset or (as is now claimed) for thei child's well being due to his being threatened at the school."

Phil C
03-28-2006, 04:30 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION !! :mad:

:)

Adidas410s
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
SHOW SOME COMPASSION !! :mad:

:)

Phil...you gotta keep your composure!!! :p

Phil C
03-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Phil...you gotta keep your composure!!! :p

http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Old_School=composure.wav

Phil C
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
His transferring from Canton to Gilmer is like the star qb at Michigan transferring to Ohio State or vice versa.

gtownpoke
03-28-2006, 06:40 PM
there is a history to michigan and ohio state though. gilmer didnt really care for canton until this year. the east texas classic should be fun (for gilmers side at least). right now coach traylor is on david smoaks talkshow (but i cant hear it because im in nacogdoches texas and we dont believe in picking up good radio stations here) and hopefully what he says on there will clear some things up about what happened.

LH Panther Mom
03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
His transferring from Canton to Gilmer is like the star qb at Michigan transferring to Ohio State or vice versa.
And if that were to happen, the player would lose one year's eligibility according to NCAA guidelines.

Hupernikomen
03-28-2006, 07:07 PM
I am sure the UIL won't pull a MOYE on this one.

Should bring some rather interesting points of discussion in the months to come comparing the two situations. I just have a feeling the Kinne transfer gets approved and then it gets really nasty.

Maybe Kinne should have went to Jasper there is a superstar quarterback position that blew open not too long ago.

Aesculus gilmus
03-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
there is a history to michigan and ohio state though. gilmer didnt really care for canton until this year. the east texas classic should be fun (for gilmers side at least). right now coach traylor is on david smoaks talkshow (but i cant hear it because im in nacogdoches texas and we dont believe in picking up good radio stations here) and hopefully what he says on there will clear some things up about what happened.

You can download archived Sportstalk shows from the previous week from the KTBB Web site.
http://www.ktbb.com/liveaudio/audio.html#smoak
I just heard Smoaky's interview with the coach. It is well worth downloading tomorrow when it becomes available. It began a little after 5:30 p.m. so it will be on the mp3 of the second hour a little over halfway through the hour.

Smoaky came back right after the 6 p.m. newsbreak and made a few more cogent editorial comments.

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
I am sure the UIL won't pull a MOYE on this one. :rolleyes: UIL made the correct choice in the Moye case.

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
:rolleyes: UIL made the correct choice in the Moye case.

My own personal opinion based on feelings is that Moye should have been able to play, that is sad that he wasn't able to...

I also believe that Kinne should be able to play based on personal feelings...

HOWEVER, I think the UIL stuck to their rules in the Moye case, and if they want to show that they STILL have a backbone they will stick to their rules regarding Kinne!!!

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
My own personal opinion based on feelings is that Moye should have been able to play, that is sad that he wasn't able to...

HOWEVER, I think the UIL stuck to their rules in the Moye case, and if they want to show that they STILL have a backbone they will stick to their rules regarding Kinne!!! kinne and moye are 2 completely different topics. moye moved into the lufkin district and tried to play at diboll. if he had enrolled in lufkin he would have been allowed to play in 15 days. kinne has moved into the gilmer school district. did i feel bad for moye? you betcha. thought he got a bad deal. but he chose to live in lufkin. these 2 scenarios are not the same, whether we like it or not.

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

HOWEVER, I think the UIL stuck to their rules in the Moye case, and if they want to show that they STILL have a backbone they will stick to their rules regarding Kinne!!! You are correct. The UIL stuck to their rules and made the correct decision. I wish Moye nothing but the best, but it was the correct decision.

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
kinne and moye are 2 completely different topics. moye moved into the lufkin district and tried to play at diboll. if he had enrolled in lufkin he would have been allowed to play in 15 days. kinne has moved into the gilmer school district. did i feel bad for moye? you betcha. thought he got a bad deal. but he chose to live in lufkin. these 2 scenarios are not the same, whether we like it or not.

I did not say they were the same in scenereo... But they would both be against UIL rules judging from what Kinne's mother said, correct?

JasperDog94
03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
kinne and moye are 2 completely different topics. Yes they are. I don't think anybody on here is blaming Gilmer. Gilmer, if anything, is the target of a bad decision.

VWG
03-28-2006, 09:49 PM
I remember a couple of cases a few years back involving some girls (a few years apart) that moved from Weatherford into Brock's school district. UIL ruled in both cases that they moved for "athletic reasons" and had to sit out one year.
You cannot transfer for "athletic reasons". Period.

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Yes they are. I don't think anybody on here is blaming Gilmer. Gilmer, if anything, is the target of a bad decision. i think it is a bad decision, publicity wise for the Gilmer program. it's also a decision that Gilmer had nothing to do with. we have been on every tv station this side of dallas tonight and probably some there. if this had been a backup offensive lineman from Quinlan Texas nobody would have ever said a word. i'm through talking about it tonight. what it boils down too for the most part, is he moved to Gilmer and not somewhere else. i wish him the best.

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 09:52 PM
what it boils down to, honestly, is what his mother said about him staying or going depending on who is calling the plays...

Haunta Yo
03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Gilmer's doing it right.

"Hey, he showed up..." I'm sure Coach Traylor hasn't initiated ANYTHING. He's a smart guy. He just needs to keep saying Kinne showed up and we never talked with him before he enrolled here.

Things will get interesting once Gilmer gets the previous participation form and files it with the district chairman.

Mom will probably have to explain her quote to the executive committee and they'll vote on whether the move was for "athletic purposes". Gilmer doesn't get a vote and it'll probably be 5-0 against his eligibility. Family will appeal to Austin and do it all again.

At that point, anything can happen down in Austin!

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And if that were to happen, the player would lose one year's eligibility according to NCAA guidelines.

You are exactly right!
And so should the player being discussed here!

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Lets be clear here. This case may be reviewed by the UIL but only for residency requirements and the family has completed the residency requirement for enrollment. Parents may live in any distrrict they please. The Athlete must only sit out for 15 varsity school days.

Also, the approval of District Supers or coaches is NOT required. However, the Gilmer Super and AD has asked for a district executive meeting of supers so that the Kinne family may explain their move to them. There will be NO approval or ruling of any kind. It is a done deal.

Phil C
03-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by tdsteele
Lets be clear here. This case may be reviewed by the UIL but only for residency requirements and the family has completed the residency requirement for enrollment. Parents may live in any distrrict they please. The Athlete must only sit out for 15 varsity school days.

Also, the approval of District Supers or coaches is NOT required. However, the Gilmer Super and AD has asked for a district executive meeting of supers so that the Kinne family may explain their move to them. There will be NO approval or ruling of any kind. It is a done deal.

The UIL must review it to be sure that all rules are followed and that this is not an "exception." Many teams have lost games by forfeits by not following the rules. Consistency is what the UIL must have. It is good they are doing this right now and not after the season gets started. I am sure that everything will be done by the rules in this case.

District303aPastPlayer
03-29-2006, 10:26 AM

be clear about it to yourself... read her quote...

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Would 't things really get exciting on the DLOW if he had transferred to either Snyder or Sweetwater!:D :D

This post was for RM and LHPM! LOL:D

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Would 't things really get exciting on the DLOW if he had transferred to either Snyder or Sweetwater!:D :D

This post was for RM and LHPM! LOL:D
:eek: :eek: :eek: Hush your mouth! :p

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 10:35 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Hush your mouth! :p

I just thought I'd turn another one
into a Snyder Swater thread! JK :evil:

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Ms. Carter's quote will never be brought up. There are also issues that have happened since she made that unfortunate statement. Plus, the quote DOES NOT MATTER. A parent my MOVE at any time and their student may participate in varsity athletics in a new district after sitting out 15 school days. Folks seem to think there will be some mythical UIL ruling coming. There will be none. It is not subject to question. The UIL is only interested in making sure athletes are attending school in their district of residency. What is so hard about that for foks to understand?

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Ms. Carter's quote will never be brought up. There are also issues that have happened since she made that unfortunate statement. Plus, the quote DOES NOT MATTER. A parent my MOVE at any time and their student may participate in varsity athletics in a new district after sitting out 15 school days. Folks seem to think there will be some mythical UIL ruling coming. There will be none. It is not subject to question. The UIL is only interested in making sure athletes are attending school in their district of residency. What is so hard about that for foks to understand?

What is so hard for you to understand that a student can't change residency just because they don't get the coach that they want or that they want a chance to get a ring. That would be moving for athletic reasons and would be in clear violation of UIL policies!

Ranger Mom
03-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I just thought I'd turn another one
into a Snyder Swater thread! JK :evil:

:foul: :foul: :foul:

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:foul: :foul: :foul:

Sorry, I'll put myself in timeout for 10 mins! LOL

Ranger Mom
03-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry, I'll put myself in timeout for 10 mins! LOL

Next time you show up in the chat....be afraid, be VERY afraid!!:devil: :devil:

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Next time you show up in the chat....be afraid, be VERY afraid!!:devil: :devil:

Gotcha!

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 11:04 AM
First of all, a family may change residency outside of their current district for any reason athletic, academic, employment or otherwise. The athlete may participate in varsity sports after 15 school days. That sir, is a fact.

Now, I may not live in one district and play in another except in those cases like Tyler TX where disadvantaged student may transfer with some restrictions.

A perfectly good example: I have a student athlete that is a 2nd string player on a 5A team. I decide that I want my child to have a better level of participation and I move to a neighboring 4A town to allow him more playing time. That would be an athletic move and TOTALLY allowable.

Don't hate on Gilmer just because they pounded Snyder in 2004. The Snyder coach was the one that thought he had a chance by winning the coin toss a deferring until the 2nd half, thus spotting Gilmer about 27 points.

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2006, 11:23 AM
First of all, a family may change residency outside of their current district for any reason athletic, academic, employment or otherwise. The athlete may participate in varsity sports after 15 school days. That sir, is a fact.
Actually, it is not. :)

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
OK, look, I don't want to argue with you. The kid will be playing. Call the UIL and complain. That team will be pounding most oppononents with or without him.

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 11:29 AM

Now, I may not live in one district and play in another except in those cases like Tyler TX where disadvantaged student may transfer with some restrictions.

A perfectly good example: I have a student athlete that is a 2nd string player on a 5A team. I decide that I want my child to have a better level of participation and I move to a neighboring 4A town to allow him more playing time. That would be an athletic move and TOTALLY allowable.

Don't hate on Gilmer just because they pounded Snyder in 2004. The Snyder coach was the one that thought he had a chance by winning the coin toss a deferring until the 2nd half, thus spotting Gilmer about 27 points.

Actually I think you may need to go and read the rule a little more closely before spouting off!

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2006, 11:30 AM
OK, look, I don't want to argue with you. The kid will be playing. Call the UIL and complain. That team will be pounding most oppononents with or without him.
I'm not interested in arguing and don't care to call the UIL. I just try to keep myself informed of the UIL rules, mainly because occasionally a question will be asked about certain things, and I like to know the answers. :) (example: Not too long ago the question came up about foreign exchange students and possible participation.)

Black_Magic
03-29-2006, 11:32 AM

Don't hate on Gilmer just because they pounded Snyder in 2004. The Snyder coach was the one that thought he had a chance by winning the coin toss a deferring until the 2nd half, thus spotting Gilmer about 27 points. WRONG! if you Move because of athletic reasons you are ineligable. Period.

Ranger Mom
03-29-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm not interested in arguing and don't care to call the UIL. I just try to keep myself informed of the UIL rules, mainly because occasionally a question will be asked about certain things, and I like to know the answers. :) (example: Not too long ago the question came up about foreign exchange students and possible participation.)

It doesn't hurt that you grew up living "under" UIL rules either....huh??:p

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
He is eligible and playing. I wonder how that can be?

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 11:39 AM

What is he playing? I thought he was a football player and that didn't start for several months Einstein? :rolleyes:

And noone knows how the UIL Exec Committee will rule on his eligibility when they review it!:thinking: :thinking:

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Worked out with the track team yesterday. But in all fairness, I was referrring to next season....and he will be playing.

PS...there will not be a UIL executive committee meeting on this. The sending school did not indicate on the PAP form they signed that the transfer was for athletic reasons.

Thank you for the Einstein compliment. Very smart man he was...although a little strange looking.

Ranger Mom
03-29-2006, 11:44 AM

He is already playing?? Is he playing baseball or running track?

I thought he would at least have to sit out 15 days first!

mrescape43
03-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Worked out with the track team yesterday. 15 more days.......

OK, he worked out with track but if I were you I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Seriously...he is not a track athlete, he just worked out. My understanding is that he is not playing baseball either. I was really referring to next season.

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2006, 11:47 AM
It doesn't hurt that you grew up living "under" UIL rules either....huh??:p
True! :D

Phil C
03-29-2006, 11:51 AM
WE'RE STILL DISCUSSING THIS?! COME ON EVERYONE! HAVE FAITH IN THE UIL! SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 11:53 AM
This seems to be a reasobale quote on the subject, although I do not know the person that authored it.

It is very simple. When a Student transfers to another school , the school that he is transfering to calls the school that he came from and ask them to send them a Previous Athletic Participation form. ( PAP ). If that school does not check that he moved for athletic purposes than thats it. The U.I.L does not have time to investigate every transfer in the state, that is why they come up with the PAP. The U.I.L would only become involved if someone was appealling a district ruling . But that wont happen because the district will not hear the case because all the paper work is in order. The Canton Coach has signed off on his transfer so that is it, CASE CLOSED. This, according to local news reports. Good luck to both schools.

HPLJ6L
03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
So kids can transfer for athletic reasons if the AD's sign off on it? As long as nobody complains to the UIL? And Moye couldn't transfer because he lived in Lufkin. So we are talking about the same rules or is there some other dang book going around? Wake up.

Hupernikomen
03-29-2006, 01:01 PM
So kids can transfer for athletic reasons if the AD's sign off on it? As long as nobody complains to the UIL? And Moye couldn't transfer because he lived in Lufkin. So we are talking about the same rules or is there some other dang book going around? Wake up.

Jasper also signed off on Moye, but the Diboll's district committee complained to the UIL because Moye was not living in Diboll's district.

The whole key here was Canton signing off. If that happened this truly is a done deal if he is living in Gilmer's district. IMO

HPLJ6L
03-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Jasper also signed off on Moye, but the Diboll's district committee complained to the UIL because Moye was not living in Diboll's district.

The whole key here was Canton signing off. If that happened this truly is a done deal if he is living in Gilmer's district. IMO

Well didn't the kid stay in Mesquite last year anyway? He's obviously above the system already so....its a done deal.

stickandmove
03-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying."

I thought Matt Turner was the offensive coordinator? Is that still true?

stickandmove
03-29-2006, 01:59 PM
i have just read this entire thread and for the people who are negative, why?

tx puts so much pressure on football coaches to win or be fired
what coach in his right mind would turn down a top notch athlete?

none that I know.

those people who are attacking traylor and his staff should look at reality and not if your little one is getting enough playing time.

this mans job is to win. if he goes 0-10 a couple of times the same people would want his head on a stick.

you people can't have it both ways. catch 22

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Turner is the OC. That quote was about Yancy The Canton OC.

I agree with you on the negativity. I never understood why people other than Canton or Gilmer would care, with the exception of the teams that Gilmer will play. Of course a lot of them do not have a chance to beat Gilmer even without GJK.

Ranger Mom
03-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

So Diboll basically screwed themselves??

Phil C
03-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Turner is the OC. That quote was about Yancy The Canton OC.

I agree with you on the negativity. I never understood why people other than Canton or Gilmer would care, with the exception of the teams that Gilmer will play. Of course a lot of them do not have a chance to beat Gilmer even without GJK.

But maybe they figure their chances are better without him. :)

HPLJ6L
03-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Will somebody tell me why Kinne can go around the UIL rules and Moye couldn't? I may be a little slow cause I am not getting it and its looking kinda like a double standard to me.

Moye -
Tragedy forces move
Enrolls in new school
AD's sign off
Kid can't play

Kinne -
Tragedy forces move
Enrolls in new school
AD's sign off
Done Deal

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2006, 02:20 PM
I never understood why people other than Canton or Gilmer would care, with the exception of the teams that Gilmer will play. Of course a lot of them do not have a chance to beat Gilmer even without GJK.
Probably 50-75% of the DL posters would never have known of the situation if it had not been brought to light here. The last time I checked, we ALL were allowed to have an opinion on things regardless of whether or not we are "close" to the situation or not.

tdsteele
03-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Certainly, absolutley. Hearing the other opinions make it fun to discuss. I just wonder about the negativity and the slamming of the family and kid when we have not walked in their shoes and wouldn't want to. I care where he plays but only from the selfish standpoint that I would enjoy being able to watch him play a time or two.

stickandmove
03-30-2006, 12:10 PM
did anyone hear traylor's interview on the radio?

3afan
03-30-2006, 12:19 PM
kinne and moye are 2 completely different topics. moye moved into the lufkin district and tried to play at diboll. if he had enrolled in lufkin he would have been allowed to play in 15 days. kinne has moved into the gilmer school district. did i feel bad for moye? you betcha. thought he got a bad deal. but he chose to live in lufkin. these 2 scenarios are not the same, whether we like it or not.

well put - and true

Aesculus gilmus
03-30-2006, 12:21 PM
http://www.ktbb.com/audio/st/sttue2.mp3

There's the mp3 link. It'll be available for about five more days. The interview began a little over halfway through the hour and went to the top of the next hour. Others have told me he was also on Channel 7 in Tyler last night, but I hardly ever watch the telly.

3afan
03-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Will somebody tell me why Kinne can go around the UIL rules and Moye couldn't? I may be a little slow cause I am not getting it and its looking kinda like a double standard to me.

Moye -
Tragedy forces move
Enrolls in new school
AD's sign off
Kid can't play

Kinne -
Tragedy forces move
Enrolls in new school
AD's sign off
Done Deal

read the posts and comprehend --- Moye's problem was he didnt live in the Diboll ISD

HPLJ6L
03-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
read the posts and comprehend --- Moye's problem was he didnt live in the Diboll ISD

This is where the hypocracy begins because Kinne didn't live in Canton either. He was allowed to play there because a relative worked at the school. Moye went to Diboll instead of Lufkin because he too had a relative that works at that school. So residency should not be the issue, and if it was then why was he allowed to continue his studies at Diboll?
The circumstances surrounding these two more simular than people are willing to admit, but there is one obvious difference. Moye lost a year, Kinne won't.

JasperDog94
03-30-2006, 01:51 PM
This is where the hypocracy begins because Kinne didn't live in Canton either. He was allowed to play there because a relative worked at the school. Moye went to Diboll instead of Lufkin because he too had a relative that works at that school. So residency should not be the issue, and if it was then why was he allowed to continue his studies at Diboll?
The circumstances surrounding these two more simular than people are willing to admit, but there is one obvious difference. Moye lost a year, Kinne won't. The family member that worked in Diboll didn't have costody of Moye. Big difference. Plus, Moye was recruited by Diboll.

Adidas410s
03-30-2006, 02:00 PM
The family member that worked in Diboll didn't have costody of Moye. Big difference. Plus, Moye was recruited by Diboll.

Also add in the FACT that NOBODY protested about Kinne living in outside of Canton ISD. Once the district committee brought that up on Moye...then the UIL had to investigate it as someone playing in a district in which he was not living in. Plus, Kinne could live wherever he wanted if he claimed the address of whichever parent was living in the Canton ISD as his permanent residency.

FootballChik98
03-30-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that Kinne lived in Canton. The house they lived in is being rented out now.

mistanice
03-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Moye ran the fastest 100 at the Diboll invitational track meet, too bad he did it with the JV.

HPLJ6L
03-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Moye ran the fastest 100 at the Diboll invitational track meet, too bad he did it with the JV.

What was his time?