PDA

View Full Version : Any of you downlower's ever...

Old Tiger
03-27-2006, 10:37 PM
apart of FFA in high school?

injuredinmelee
03-27-2006, 10:41 PM
shhh i was... No seriously I was and loved every minute of it. My brother and I were still raising showpigs for sale until about two years ago when we took some time off until our ids are old enough to show. Its a huge money pit if your kids arent doing it. We even had the champion york boar at the state fair in 2002.

Buccaneer
03-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Here by the plow.

smustangs
03-27-2006, 11:01 PM
yes sir' and proud of it anyone else do any judging

injuredinmelee
03-27-2006, 11:03 PM
I did range and pasture. Took that spot for the team since they were weak there.

Old Tiger
03-27-2006, 11:05 PM
I do Dairy Foods...funnest stuff if ya like cheese and milk, well not the milk(gross) but some of the cheese is real good when your hungry.

injuredinmelee
03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
i cant drink milk. I find it disgusting. Cheese is okay but the older i get (yes i am older) the more im starting to dislike melted cheese. How weird is that?

GetRDoneStangs
03-27-2006, 11:14 PM
:thinking: :thinking:

I think I was beneath the rising sun...... Dang its a bit??... to get old, I never thought I would forget the stations, until I tried!

Keep it up, the tools you learn in the FFA can and will be apilied in many aspects of life down the road.

smustangs
03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
i judged meat and cotton we won state my senior year in cotton did anyone else win state in anything

pirate44
03-28-2006, 06:54 AM
stationed by the door.

i got beef proficiency award my senior year and was a voting delegate at the state conference that year.

good times, good times

STANG RED
03-28-2006, 09:27 AM
I was in FFA all 4 years of HS. I was on just about every judging team we had at one time or another. Never judged land, or range & pasture though. Judgeing trips were always a blast. I loved every minute I spent in ag. Even managed to learn a few things as well.

Maroon87
03-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
apart of FFA in high school?

I was on the parliamentary procedure team as a "greenhand." (That's freshman for the non-FFAers out there). Was in FFA all 4 years of HS. I would highly recommend it.:cool:

StangMom2
03-28-2006, 09:39 AM
I was in FFA all through high school, did parliamentary procedure, wool judging and showed pigs & steers. I think the stockshows were the best.

AggieJohn
03-28-2006, 09:42 AM
the defect in this milk is that the cow got into an onion patch

Maroon87
03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by StangMom2
I was in FFA all through high school, did parliamentary procedure, wool judging and showed pigs & steers. I think the stockshows were the best.

I showed hogs also, for 4 years in 4-H then 4 in FFA. The stock shows were fun, as were the trips we'd take to buy hogs in the fall for the show in January.

spiveyrat
03-28-2006, 10:28 AM
To answer the original question... nope.

I was in VICA (drafting).

3ABirdMan
03-28-2006, 11:26 AM
I believe in the future of farming, with a faith born not of words but of deeds, of the accomplishments made by present and past agriculturalists, through the promise of better days through better ways, even as the better things we now enjoy..................

Dang! That was 28 years ago, and I still remeber that much of it off the top of my head!

I was in Rice judging and Pasture and Range for all 4 years of HS. Never was any good at it, but it was worth quite a few road trips. Made the State Convention once (or twice?). Served as Sentinel, Vice President, and President. Ours was tied in with a Vo-Ag period in school, and was alot of fun!

LHMom
03-28-2006, 10:49 PM
I was in FFA all four years of high school. I was secretary for 2 years. I showed heifers and steers and was on the beef judging team and the dairy products judging team. That one was YUCK! Well - the cheese part was awesome but the milk part was GROSS! Lots of good times at the stock shows...

Old Tiger
03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I was in FFA all four years of high school. I was secretary for 2 years. I showed heifers and steers and was on the beef judging team and the dairy products judging team. That one was YUCK! Well - the cheese part was awesome but the milk part was GROSS! Lots of good times at the stock shows... The cheese is awesome when you find one that you like. Muenster(spelling?) is my favorite cheese. I'd pig out in the cheese room and drink the apple juice to clense the pallet.