PDA

View Full Version : kinne to become a buckeye tuesday

lostaussie
03-27-2006, 02:42 PM
KINNE WITHDRAWS FROM CANTON HIGH SCHOOL, WILL ENROLL AT GILMER HIGH SCHOOL TUES 3/28/06

Smoaky.com has confirmed two-time all-state quarterback G.J. Kinne has withdrawn from Canton High School, and will enroll at Gilmer High School on Tuesday 3/28/06.

More details to come later today on David Smoak’s Sports Talk at 4:07pm on AM600 KTBB and ktbb.com.

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2006, 02:43 PM
How can he be eligible next year?

Phil C
03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
How can he be eleigble.

I think seniors to be can transfer before their senior year.

Phil C
03-27-2006, 02:45 PM
For a minute I thought he was going to go to Ohio State!! :D

lostaussie
03-27-2006, 02:47 PM
this is going to get very interesting. at this point i don't know if i'm happy or not.

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
this is going to get very interesting. at this point i don't know if i'm happy or not.

QB controversy???

stickandmove
03-27-2006, 02:49 PM
I am sure J.Traylor and M.Turner are doing backflips. Possibly some more hardware in store for the buckeys

lostaussie
03-27-2006, 02:50 PM
QB controversy??? i do not think so. i'm just going with the thoughts of all the controversy this will bring.

Manck
03-27-2006, 02:51 PM
How can he be eligible next year?
He can't play varsity sports for 15 days.

I'm posting this here, so that it doesn't get buried underneath all of the BS at Smoaky.

IF (big if) he is moving there with his mother (or guardian or whatever), this is totally legal. When you move to an area and have choices of multiple school districts, most likely, you move to the one that is the best for your children.

If your kid is a trumpet prodigy, you don't move to a school without band, you move to one with a great program. You could use this analogy for all kinds of different programs.

This is exactly the same except that people know this kid's name and his ability already. It reminds me of when the kid Deion Sanders adopted moved to Prosper.

As long as everything is on the up and up, everyone bashing the move should shut up. I'm not saying this because I am from Gilmer; I'd say the same thing if he was moving to El Paso, Lubbock, Waco, or Podunk.

gtownpoke
03-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I really think this is the best thing that could happen for Jamell Kennedy. He is going to shine at whatever position he goes to and will have big schools wanting him to play there.

lostaussie
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
manck, how did i beat you to the scoop.

Manck
03-27-2006, 03:03 PM
manck, how did i beat you to the scoop.
I'm at work. I've got nine other high schools I have to worry about first these days. And mom must not have heard yet, or my cell phone would be blowing up.

gtownpoke
03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
lol I could have told yall that a couple of days ago :D

Manck
03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
The rumor's been floating for a couple of weeks. My mom (GHS librarian) had players tell her that GJK visited sometime last week (I can't remember which day).

Bullaholic
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Manck
He can't play varsity sports for 15 days.

I'm posting this here, so that it doesn't get buried underneath all of the BS at Smoaky.

IF (big if) he is moving there with his mother (or guardian or whatever), this is totally legal. When you move to an area and have choices of multiple school districts, most likely, you move to the one that is the best for your children.

If your kid is a trumpet prodigy, you don't move to a school without band, you move to one with a great program. You could use this analogy for all kinds of different programs.

This is exactly the same except that people know this kid's name and his ability already. It reminds me of when the kid Deion Sanders adopted moved to Prosper.

As long as everything is on the up and up, everyone bashing the move should shut up. I'm not saying this because I am from Gilmer; I'd say the same thing if he was moving to El Paso, Lubbock, Waco, or Podunk.

Manck....I just hope that the UIL clearly states their reasons for approval or rejection of this transfer request, and is open and forthcomming with their ruling. Otherwise, controversy will rage on forever. I am willing to accept their ruling either way--I just hope it comes out quickly for the sake of all concerned.

DragonEagle01
03-27-2006, 03:37 PM
This has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever seen. Seniors picking there college havent got talked about this much. But a kid chnaging High Schoolshas he is a good player but needs to learn somemore about life. Hope he does good in Gilmer but they were fine with Jamell Kennedy. I wish all the kids that have moved away good luck but i lost alot of respect for them. Hope Canton does good this upcomming season but all the team leaders were Seniors so who knows. Jus think all this was done in the wrong way to say the least.

WOSgrad
03-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Section 443 of the UIL Constitution is what governs here.

First, a student that is found to be transferring for "athletic purposes" is ineligible to compete for one CALENDER year following the transfer.

Second a student is PRESUMED to have transferred for athletic purposes if that student previous participated or practiced with his previous school's athletic team unless:

1) His guardians establish residency within the new district;

2) The student's previous school's superintendent, AD or other designate signs a "Previous Athletic Participation Form" stating that the student was not recruited to the new school and that the transfer was not for athletic purposes;

3) The student's new school's superintendent, AD or other designate signs a "Previous Athletic Participation Form" stating that the student was not recruited to the new school and that the transfer was not for athletic purposes;

4) The student's parent(s) sign a PAPF stating that they have changed residences and that the change was not for athletic reasons and

5) The executive district of the student's new school approves the form and grants eligibility to the new student.

Generally, all of this happens without a glitch so we never hear about it. But I guess Canton could put a wrench in the works if they wanted to.

STANG RED
03-27-2006, 04:29 PM
I seriously doubt this would be happening without all parties envolved being absolutely sure it is within all UIL rules.
As long as his parents live (or are moving to) within the district, everything is cool.

WOSgrad
03-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I seriously doubt this would be happening without all parties envolved being absolutely sure it is within all UIL rules.

I think you're right, especially given the extra attention that this transfer would get.

STANG RED
03-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I think you're right, especially given the extra attention that this transfer would get.

Yea, Gilmer already had a state contender for next season. No way would they jeopordize that surely!
Didnt Canton run a wide open offence last year? Does Gilmer run the same type offence? I thought Gilmer runs a more ball control offence.

lostaussie
03-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Yea, Gilmer already had a state contender for next season. No way would they jeopordize that surely!
Didnt Canton run a wide open offence last year? Does Gilmer run the same type offence? I thought Gilmer runs a more ball control offence. both teams operate from the spread.

STANG RED
03-27-2006, 04:49 PM
both teams operate from the spread.

Looks like a match made in heaven then.
Is last years QB a senior? If not, where does he fit in, in all of this?

big daddy russ
03-27-2006, 04:49 PM
You know, there's a lot of crap floating around about this subject but I've pulled one major factor from all of this: Kinne's LIFE WAS THREATENED.

I don't know about all of you, but I could care less about the athletic reasons when this is the overriding factor in the decision, as it seems from all the rumors I've read.

Forget the kid's website. My roomie last year (with whom I'm still good buddies) is from Grand Saline. Him and his dad know the family, and from everything he's told me G.J.'s well-being was the overriding factor in this decision.

That's what I'm going to believe for now, because that makes the most sense AND because my ex-roomie is the closest source I have to the situation.

SWMustang
03-27-2006, 05:00 PM
For whatever reason he's going, it seals it for me. Gilmer won't win state. How many #1 seeds are left in the NCAA tourney. Did the #1 seed in the NFL playoffs win the superbowl? Gilmer should be ranked #1. Very rare to see teams end at #1 when they start there.

Phil C
03-27-2006, 05:05 PM
As long as his parents live (or are moving to) within the district, everything is cool.

I agree Stang. I am sure the UIL has been consulted and everything is within the rules.

Aesculus gilmus
03-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Didnt Canton run a wide open offence last year? Does Gilmer run the same type offence? I thought Gilmer runs a more ball control offence.

Gilmer usually controls the scoreboard, but not the ball. The ball is always flying through the air. During their state championship run in 2004, they were scoring at will within seconds from practically anywhere on the field. It was almost that wild last season.

STANG RED
03-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer usually controls the scoreboard, but not the ball. The ball is always flying through the air. During their state championship run in 2004, they were scoring at will within seconds from practically anywhere on the field. It was almost that wild last season.

I'm just curious where last years QB fits in. Will the team be behind Kinne, if the other kid is forced out of his position? How is all this going to play out? Can you give us some insight?

Manck
03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm just curious where last years QB fits in. Will the team be behind Kinne, if the other kid is forced out of his position? How is all this going to play out? Can you give us some insight?
Kid is being recruited/scouted, but not at QB. He's too short. The major factor in this will be the overall team transition for everyone.

But can you imagine the defense's head exploding if Kennedy AND Kinne take snaps in a game (a la UofH's sweeps in Kevin Kolb's first year)....defenses are going to be shaking in their boots.

STANG RED
03-27-2006, 05:46 PM
The major factor in this will be the overall team transition for everyone.

That is the only potential negative I see to this. Will the teams chemisty be upset, or not. If not, Gilmer just went from very good to great. If it does upset the chemistry, it wont matter how good they are, they will fail. It's going to be interesting to see how the Gilmer coaches handle this transition. But, I guess from their prospective, It's a great problem to have. It could be alot worse.

gtownpoke
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
i think it was already at great. it just went from great to oh damn. jamell is going to be an incredible receiver/secondary player. you are talking about a 3A school that has 4 NATIONAL top 100 players just on offense according to rivals.com. You have that plus great coaching. The next two seasons should be exciting!

STANG RED
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Question: Why is Kinne going to Gilmer? Are his parents seperated/devorced? Gilmer isnt anywhere near Waco.

District303aPastPlayer
03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Question: Why is Kinne going to Gilmer? Are his parents seperated/devorced? Gilmer isnt anywhere near Waco.

He's GJ Kinne... sorta like Chuck Norris... they do what they please :)

Haunta Yo
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Section 443 of the UIL Constitution is what governs here.

First, a student that is found to be transferring for "athletic purposes" is ineligible to compete for one CALENDER year following the transfer.

Second a student is PRESUMED to have transferred for athletic purposes if that student previous participated or practiced with his previous school's athletic team unless:

2) The student's previous school's superintendent, AD or other designate signs a "Previous Athletic Participation Form" stating that the student was not recruited to the new school and that the transfer was not for athletic purposes;

5) The executive district of the student's new school approves the form and grants eligibility to the new student.

Generally, all of this happens without a glitch so we never hear about it. But I guess Canton could put a wrench in the works if they wanted to.

The schools in the students new district will usually approve unless Canton or someone in the new district has something concrete to show that the move was for definitely for athletic purposes...Hard to prove unless someone gets talking too much. You really have to mess it up yourself.

Basically, as long as his parent says I now live in Gilmer and I moved here because I've wanted to live in Gilmer, it'll be tough to prove "athletic purposes".

Now if the kid or the parent said something prior to the move in print, on TV or on a website, he could be in a bind. (ie If they hire this guy I'm not playing football in Canton)

STANG RED
03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
He's GJ Kinne... sorta like Chuck Norris... they do what they please :)

I just cant imagin, Kinne or Gilmer would be stupid enough to do this, without making sure every T was crossed and every i was dotted first. Everyone concerned would have way too much to loose. Surely Gilmer wouldnt jeopardize a potental state championship season just to make this deal happen. There has to more to this story than we know at this point.

Haunta Yo
03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
This newspaper quote will be hard for the kid to overcome...
They better come up with an explaination because this screams "athletic purposes"

G.J’s mother Jacqueline Carter said he will not be following his father to a school in the Waco area.
“We are at a point where we don’t want to leave Canton,” said Carter. “We love this town and want to see G.J. finish high school here. However, G.J. has been through a lot over the last year. Him staying in Canton depends on what happens with the hiring process of the new football coach. Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying."

http://www.vanzandtnews.com/publish/article_2648.shtml

If the above quote is legitimate, there ain't a executive district committe that'll approve him. My guess is he'll end up playing at Canton or at a private school. He just may not know it yet.

FootballChik98
03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
His parents are divorced. His mom and stepdad moved to Canton last year after the shooting. Hopefully this all works out best for their family.

Gobbla2001
03-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
This newspaper quote will be hard for the kid to overcome...
They better come up with an explaination because this screams "athletic purposes"

G.J’s mother Jacqueline Carter said he will not be following his father to a school in the Waco area.
“We are at a point where we don’t want to leave Canton,” said Carter. “We love this town and want to see G.J. finish high school here. However, G.J. has been through a lot over the last year. Him staying in Canton depends on what happens with the hiring process of the new football coach. Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying."

Wow... how can THAT not be athletic purposes?

This is not a comment based on my not wanting Kinne to go to Gilmer... I could care less... they didn't do it last year, picking up a QB and moving a QB to WR doesn't mean they're going to win it all to me (not said negatively toword Gilmer, just letting you know I don't care whichever way)...

I just hope the kid gets to showcase his talent somewhere, but too many kids haven't been able to just because a district committee says "no" or someone believes it is because of athletic purposes when it really isn't...

I've been threatened before, I shouldn't receive special treatment for it...

One question really gets at me, and it is not because I'm anti-Gilmer or anti-Kinne, I've just seen too many kids get shafted just because of some small legality...

The question is: why Gilmer? is it because they succeed athletically and he will have a better chance of showing his talent? If so, that'd be athletic purposes, correct?

Has his mother ever lived in Gilmer?

He VISITED Gilmer? Did they go over his highlight films when he was there???

I agree, I don't believe anything is backdoor, but it'd be a lot harder to tell the UIL that a kid isn't moving for athletic purposes if his dad wasn't an 'unfortunate' celebrity and the sympathy was gone...

Many kids have been shafted for MUCH LESS than this comment I am quoting suggests... why should one be treated so differently?

This would be complete and utter BULLSHIZNIT!!! if the article is real, of course...

Like I said, I hope it works out for him... but if the quote I am replying to is true, it would be like shooting a cop infront of the judge and having the judge let the guy free instead of gettin' life...

Buckeyeman
03-27-2006, 10:03 PM
How will all of this affect the Gilmer-Canton game to be played in Tyler in week 0.? It will be a very interesting game.

mrescape43
03-27-2006, 10:29 PM

Parents are not together and mother and stepfather moved from Mesquite to Canton after shooting. I guess mother and or stepfather could not get a job back in Mesquite and could only find employment in Gilmer! I have already stated that if this transfer is allowed I think that the UIL should never in the future declare another student ineligible.

District303aPastPlayer
03-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I have already stated that if this transfer is allowed I think that the UIL should never in the future declare another student ineligible.

yes indeed...

kaorder1999
03-28-2006, 11:18 AM

its Gj Kinne's mothers fault that all of this is being viewed as "illegal" in most people's eyes. She was quoted IN NUMEROUS PAPERS that if a certain person continued to call the plays at Canton next season then GJ would stay and play for Canton. At NO TIME was safety an issue until the District hired from outside and hired a Wing T guy. All of a sudden its a safety issue. This IS a move for athletic purposes and if the UIL has any balls at all then they will stand by their rules. If the enite time since the shooting or even since Kinne left for Baylor the family would have made safety an issue, and not the head coaching choice an issue then all of this would and coupld have been avoided. This is a CLASSIC case of a family upset by the coaching choice and looking to better their situation which if mouth kept shut, is viable. But when you run your mouth in the paper and on your own website about it you deserve what you have coming, and that is Criticism.

YOU CANT AVOID THIS ..................

*D-E-P-E-N-D-S on what happens with the hiring process.

DragonEagle01
03-28-2006, 05:00 PM
I have no problem with the move if safety was the issue. But I'm with some of the rest of you with the statement, it makes you wonder. I mean, would he have been safer staying in Canton had Yancey gotten the job? Once Angel was hired, this town was no longer safe enough for him. I wouldn't have a problem with it, if there didn't seem to be an ultimatum.

44INAROW
03-28-2006, 05:48 PM
I've thought about replying to this about 10 times and never completed it.. :rolleyes: Here goes.................
I have a sneaky feeling someone will end up saying the mother was "misquoted" Sure won't be the first time we've heard that excuse :doh:
As a mother, if I was so "concerned" about my son's "safety", or if safety was an issue, the 1st thing I would do, is discontinue the website with his name and picture on it.

kaorder1999
03-28-2006, 05:55 PM
well, if she was misquoted in the paper does that mean the webmaster was also misquoted on his website? You are right though...get his name and picture off the website if you are so concerned about safety

DragonEagle01
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't think they can claim being misquoted, especially since I'm pretty certain she is the webmaster of his site. She was also the webmaster for the Canton Booster Club site. If they hadn't ever made the statement about the coaching decision, I don't think there would be a problem with everyone believing it was a safety issue.

AP Panther Fan
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I've thought about replying to this about 10 times and never completed it.. :rolleyes: Here goes.................
I have a sneaky feeling someone will end up saying the mother was "misquoted" Sure won't be the first time we've heard that excuse :doh:
As a mother, if I was so "concerned" about my son's "safety", or if safety was an issue, the 1st thing I would do, is discontinue the website with his name and picture on it.

Same here 44inarow....I read all of this (both threads) then searched everything I could find on the internet and it seemed that the more I read the angrier I got. I seriously doubt that safety is the issue at hand here. What I am getting from everything read is that:

1) YES, he is an extremely talented young man
2) His parents obviously wanted another coach promoted
3) He would not be transferring to Gilmer or any other town if said coach would have been promoted
4) Hiring Dad was a strategic win/win move....Baylor gets a good coach and MAYBE a better chance of recruiting the son.

In my opinion they picked Gilmer because of their athletic program, recent accomplishments and the fact that it will better highlight their son (the dream of any parent).

I agree with someone above that the UIL is full of crap if they can't see through this and actually do the RIGHT thing..for once. This might not be a popular opinion on here and everyone can go ahead and take their shots, but oh well.

Here's yet another article where Dad was interviewed in which one paragraph (actually 1/2 sentence) in particular stands out...

Updated: Jan. 13, 2006, 1:25 AM ET
Baylor hires coach who was shot by parent
Associated Press

WACO, Texas -- Gary Joe Kinne, the East Texas high school football coach who police say was critically shot by a parent last year, has been hired to coach linebackers at Baylor, his alma mater.

Kinne lost 80 percent of his liver in the April 7 shooting, but returned to coach Canton to its best season in school history.

"I probably wouldn't have left Canton for any high school job," said Kinne, who was a standout linebacker at Baylor from 1986-89. "But when you have an opportunity like this, you have to take it."

Kinne said he doesn't know whether his son, G.J. Kinne Jr., will remain in Canton for his senior year or transfer to a school near Waco. The younger Kinne was named Class 3A offensive player of the year by The Associated Press in December and is regarded as one of the top quarterback prospects in the country.

His father said his move to Baylor doesn't mean his son will wind up playing for the Bears in college.

"There's always a possibility he could go to Baylor," Kinne said. "But his options are still out there."

Kinne was 28-8 in three seasons at Canton. Last year's team was 12-2 and advanced to the Class 3A Division II quarterfinals, the farthest playoff run in school history.

Police say Kinne was shot by Jeff Doyal Robertson, the father of one of Kinne's former players. Robertson, whose attorneys have conceded was the gunman, is charged with aggravated assault on a public servant. The trial is set to begin Feb. 21.

During halftime of Canton's first home game following the shooting, Kinne received the Baylor Legend Award from Grant Teaff, who was his head coach when Kinne played for the Bears.

"Gary Joe is a young and energetic coach, a very good X and O man," head coach Guy Morriss said Thursday in making the announcement. "He's an upbeat person and his personality should make him a very strong recruiter for our program. He's excited about coming back to Baylor and will relate well to our players."

Kinne fills the vacancy created by the departure of Mark Nelson, who was named Tulsa's co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. Morriss said assistant coach Chris Lancaster would take over Nelson's duties as the Bears' special teams coordinator.

Haunta Yo
03-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
its Gj Kinne's mothers fault that all of this is being viewed as "illegal" in most people's eyes. She was quoted IN NUMEROUS PAPERS that if a certain person continued to call the plays at Canton next season then GJ would stay and play for Canton. At NO TIME was safety an issue until the District hired from outside and hired a Wing T guy. All of a sudden its a safety issue. This IS a move for athletic purposes and if the UIL has any balls at all then they will stand by their rules. If the enite time since the shooting or even since Kinne left for Baylor the family would have made safety an issue, and not the head coaching choice an issue then all of this would and coupld have been avoided. This is a CLASSIC case of a family upset by the coaching choice and looking to better their situation which if mouth kept shut, is viable. But when you run your mouth in the paper and on your own website about it you deserve what you have coming, and that is Criticism.

YOU CANT AVOID THIS ..................

*D-E-P-E-N-D-S on what happens with the hiring process.

Hard for me to believe it's a misquote when things happened just like she said they would.
Is Yancey calling the offensive plays? No... Is Kinne staying? No...

District executive committe won't approve. I don't believe for a second that he was recruited by Coach Traylor, but it's a move for "athletic purposes". Nothing happens to Gilmer, but kid can't play there. Just my thoughts based on what I've read.

LH Panther Mom
03-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by DragonEagle01
I don't think they can claim being misquoted, especially since I'm pretty certain she is the webmaster of his site. She was also the webmaster for the Canton Booster Club site. If they hadn't ever made the statement about the coaching decision, I don't think there would be a problem with everyone believing it was a safety issue.
That is my only problem with all this.

44INAROW
03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I hope yall realize I was being sarcastic about being Misquoted :)

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 08:25 PM
The fact is that there was a quote made... the quote stated that he would not stay if a certain coaching decision was made... AKA: Athletics were more important than this "life" that had been threatened...

This has cover-up/conspiracy and bs written all over...

Like I said, we most likely will not even be in Gilmer's division, I could care less... but the 'normal' high school athlete would have already been shot down...

backdoor job, my friends, backdoor job (that's my opinion, all feelings aside, if you can do the same and let aside your feelings [AKA: Gilmer folk do not apply here] prove your damned point)...

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The fact is that there was a quote made... the quote stated that he would not stay if a certain coaching decision was made... AKA: Athletics were more important than this "life" that had been threatened...

This has cover-up/conspiracy and bs written all over...

Like I said, we most likely will not even be in Gilmer's division, I could care less... but the 'normal' high school athlete would have already been shot down...

backdoor job, my friends, backdoor job (that's my opinion, all feelings aside, if you can do the same and let aside your feelings [AKA: Gilmer folk do not apply here] prove your damned point)...

And I will be honest and admit that I would want my son to go to a school that he could have success with, meaning he'd be recruited more heavily... I can't deny that... but does it make it right? No, because it would be an athletically motivated decision...

Basically all of these kids that have been shot down in the past would have had no problem had their coaching-father been shot!!!

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
In my opinion they picked Gilmer because of their athletic program, recent accomplishments and the fact that it will better highlight their son (the dream of any parent).
lets get this all straight. they picked Gilmer to live and move their family. WE DID NOT PICK THEM. i do not know their reasons and at this point don't care. at this point G.J. Kinne is a GILMER BUCKEYE, and we are damn proud to have him. if he had moved to your town you would feel the same way.

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 09:00 PM
lets get this all straight. they picked Gilmer to live and move their family. WE DID NOT PICK THEM. i do not know their reasons and at this point don't care. at this point G.J. Kinne is a GILMER BUCKEYE, and we are damn proud to have him. if he had moved to your town you would feel the same way.

I'll admit, I'd be proud to have 'em, minus the fact that I believe our current QB offers more than he does...

This is about rules... I have no problem changing rules, but until those rules are changed and allow an equal oppurtunity for everyone, they should not be broken... in this case, going by what the mother has said, they would be broken... is that fair to every other athlete who has been shut down?

What really bothers me about this is that the mother spilled the beans and it would be hard for him to play ANYWHERE but Canton now that they have been spilled... that is if things are done the right way... the wrong way, with this evidence, would somehow be overlooked for the better good of an unfortunate celebrity's son...

ENOUGH SAID!!!

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 09:14 PM
I'll admit, I'd be proud to have 'em, minus the fact that I believe our current QB offers more than he does...

This is about rules... I have no problem changing rules, but until those rules are changed and allow an equal oppurtunity for everyone, they should not be broken... in this case, going by what the mother has said, they would be broken... is that fair to every other athlete who has been shut down?

What really bothers me about this is that the mother spilled the beans and it would be hard for him to play ANYWHERE but Canton now that they have been spilled... that is if things are done the right way... the wrong way, with this evidence, would somehow be overlooked for the better good of an unfortunate celebrity's son...

ENOUGH SAID!!! i don't argue your point and if i was in your shoes i might feel the same way. i do believe there have been some threats since the trial was over but really just going on hearsay. i do know if you go on smoaky.com the Canton posters seemed to be on the side of Kinne. for what reason i do not know. you can't read any of the threads anymore because they have all been deleted due to the abuse G.J. and the buckeye program were taking. who's right, who's wrong, i do not know. but he's a kid, and he has been welcomed with open arms by the buckeye faithful. and if he had moved to cuero, or sinton, or liberty hill or sweetwater or wherever it would have been the same.

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 09:21 PM
and if he had moved to cuero, or sinton, or liberty hill or sweetwater or wherever it would have been the same.

no doubt, the kid is a student-athlete, we'd accept him... But we're also all about being legal... what is legal by UIL rules is what should be done here... the comments being made so far would suggest that him being able to compete in varsity Sports at ANY other school his senior year would be illegal by UIL policy/rules/law/whatever...

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 09:30 PM
no doubt, the kid is a student-athlete, we'd accept him... But we're also all about being legal... what is legal by UIL rules is what should be done here... the comments being made so far would suggest that him being able to compete in varsity Sports at ANY other school his senior year would be illegal by UIL policy/rules/law/whatever... lets remember. he has so far NEVER played a down for the buckeyes. ya'll are finding the kid guilty without ever hearing his side of the story. i'm a bystander just like everyone else. lets see how it plays out, and find out the facts. it's a long ways until the end of august.

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 09:37 PM
lets remember. he has so far NEVER played a down for the buckeyes. ya'll are finding the kid guilty without ever hearing his side of the story. i'm a bystander just like everyone else. lets see how it plays out, and find out the facts. it's a long ways until the end of august.

I agree, he has never played a down for the buckeyes... but I disagree that we are finding the kid guilty... we're honestly just worried that the UIL will excuse his position and we're also being told that it is a legal move... We could care less who is moving where, but since we know about it and of other cases where kids have been told they cannot compete in varsity sports, we are voicing our disagreement with him being allowed to play anywhere but in Canton (if infact he is allowed to)... we have already found out one fact, that his mother said the move from Canton was based on a coaching decision (AKA: Athletics)... another fact is that you are inelligable for one year if the decision for your move is based on athletics...

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 09:42 PM
i do believe there have been some threats since the trial was over but really just going on hearsay. read what i wrote, and let the people in charge decide. i could go point, counterpoint all night but it's not doing anybody any good. this forum will not decide the fate of G.J. Kinne.

Gobbla2001
03-28-2006, 09:45 PM
read what i wrote, and let the people in charge decide. i could go point, counterpoint all night but it's not doing anybody any good. this forum will not decide the fate of G.J. Kinne.

"I do believe" said from a normal citizen vs. records of "quotes" in a newspaper???

With that information, what do you honestly expect us to do???

Ranger Mom
03-28-2006, 09:47 PM
read what i wrote, and let the people in charge decide. i could go point, counterpoint all night but it's not doing anybody any good. this forum will not decide the fate of G.J. Kinne.

You are correct...it won't!!

But it sure does make for some fun reading!!:D

lostaussie
03-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You are correct...it won't!!

But it sure does make for some fun reading!!:D i agree. for everyone else it's probably very entertaining. but i get the sense that i am having to defend our program and i don't like that.

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2006, 09:59 PM
i agree. for everyone else it's probably very entertaining. but i get the sense that i am having to defend our program and i don't like that.

its not that you are having to defend it... its just that by him transfering, he made Gilmer Public Enemy #1, only after his mother opened her mouth...

LH Panther Mom
03-28-2006, 09:59 PM
i agree. for everyone else it's probably very entertaining. but i get the sense that i am having to defend our program and i don't like that.
No, you don't. :) I don't think any of us have any problems with either Gilmer or G.J. Kinne. I don't anyway. I've said what my only problem with the whole thing is.

Ranger Mom
03-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No, you don't. :) I don't think any of us have any problems with either Gilmer or G.J. Kinne. I don't anyway. I've said what my only problem with the whole thing is.

Preach on Sister!!!

I agree with you 100%!

DragonEagle01
03-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Why Gilmer? Cause it's the best way they can get back at Canton for not doing it there way. Also So he can get a "Ring" as he called it

Gobbla2001
03-29-2006, 01:21 AM
I haven't read a thing since my last reply to this thread and the last thread... but I did think about it a bit and want to clear some things up when it comes to my opinion on this subject...

My thoughts are not directed toword Gilmer...

My thoughts are not directed towords the Kinne Family

My thoughts ARE directed towords the UIL... I just hope they go by their own rules...

90% of me wants to see Kinne play ANYWHERE, who cares where... 10% of me says the UIL should practice what they preach...

Yet at the same time, 100% of me wants things to be fair... it would not be fair for him to be allowed to participate in varsity athletics after the comments in the papers by his mother... him not being allowed in this situation is FAIR to every other kid who has been benched for a year, and in some cases career...

I know his life was threatened, however, it has been documented that his reasons for leaving Canton would be a coaching decision that the family disagrees with... that would be an athletically motivated decision and he should have to wait a year to play, meaning it sucks for him and the rest of us that would like to see him succeed...

The thing is that if Kinne isn't allowed to play at Gilmer because of athletic reasons and has to go back to Canton because it is his only way to be allowed to play, wouldn't that be against the rules as well? Because he has already enrolled at Gilmer, and his only reason to go back to Canton would be to be able to play football (athletics)...

This sucks for him if the UIL actually stands up for what they "usually" enforce...

Jacked up situation for such a good kid and great athlete who has already gone through so much the last year... but the rules are the rules, and until we do something to change them we must follow them...

My "guess" is that over 1,000 athletes go through being turned down every year, why should this case be any different?