PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if Fredricksburg is good

CHSWR07
03-27-2006, 02:18 PM
i was just thinking since im a big German if Fredrickburg is any good at football or anything for that matter and wat is there mascot and wat about New Bruanfels

lostaussie
03-27-2006, 02:25 PM
thats a strange thread:doh:

DaHop72
03-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
thats a strange thread:doh:
I don't know the answer to that, but my wife loves to go there and shop.:D :D

lostaussie
03-27-2006, 02:28 PM
i was wondering if he was thinking about transferring since he is a big german. :thinking:

Adidas410s
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
This has to be the most random thread ever...EVER!!!

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Nope. They aren't good at anything.
Kinda like Clyde. I hear they got to many
big Germans in their athletic programs.

LH Panther Mom
03-27-2006, 02:36 PM
They're the Billies. One of our Burnet folks can probably give you more info, but from what I understand, they've had a few down years in football. I don't know about the other sports.

As far as New Braunfels, they're the Unicorns. There's also NB Canyon High School (the Cougars), but for a reason I don't know, they're not listed as part of NBISD. :nerd: :doh:

SintonFan
03-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Fredricksburg has had the honor of playing in one of the toughest 4A districts for years.

RiverRat19
03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They're the Billies. One of our Burnet folks can probably give you more info, but from what I understand, they've had a few down years in football. I don't know about the other sports.

As far as New Braunfels, they're the Unicorns. There's also NB Canyon High School (the Cougars), but for a reason I don't know, they're not listed as part of NBISD. :nerd: :doh:
Fredricksburg is always competitive but one of those borderline 4A/3A schools. They obviously do better when they are in 3A... they were when I was in HS and had an State Champ in Baseball, good in other sports as well. Usually good athletes but they have been down somewhat lately and their competition has had a lot to do with it.

Canyon is in Comal ISD with Smithson Valley and NB HS is in NBISD... why? I have heard many different reasons but nothing super conclusive. Pretty strange to see Canyon HS right off of I 35 near the Hwy 46 intersection but NB HS is off of 46 going west out of town. Stay on 46 to Bulverde and see Smithson Valley HS going towards Boerne. Odd to see 2 schools in the same ISD with another HS in another ISD between them on the same highway.

big daddy russ
03-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
...Canyon is in Comal ISD with Smithson Valley and NB HS is in NBISD... why? I have heard many different reasons but nothing super conclusive. Pretty strange to see Canyon HS right off of I 35 near the Hwy 46 intersection but NB HS is off of 46 going west out of town. Stay on 46 to Bulverde and see Smithson Valley HS going towards Boerne. Odd to see 2 schools in the same ISD with another HS in another ISD between them on the same highway.
Canyon is a magnet school that pulls most of its kids from the outlying areas, like Canyon Lake. Much like Kingsville Academy High School-- located on the TAMU-K campus but actually pulls its students from the outlying brush country. The entire town of Driscoll actually goes to school there instead of in Driscoll.

The majority of Canyon's students actually live closer to Smithson Valley HS than to the city of New Braunfels.

RiverRat19
03-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Canyon is a magnet school that pulls most of its kids from the outlying areas, like Canyon Lake. Much like Kingsville Academy High School-- located on the TAMU-K campus but actually pulls its students from the outlying brush country. The entire town of Driscoll actually goes to school there instead of in Driscoll.

The majority of Canyon's students actually live closer to Smithson Valley HS than to the city of New Braunfels.

I have never really been sure which school pulls from where exactly due to the locations, etc. but I know the new Canyon Lake HS that is being built will change some of that now. It never made sense with NBHS being between Canyon and SV.

olddawggreen
03-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by CHSWR07
i was just thinking since im a big German if Fredrickburg is any good at football or anything for that matter and wat is there mascot and wat about New Bruanfels

Fredricksburg is a very competitive school. Our Burnet team has beaten the Billies the last couple of years, but they didn't go down easy. As someone else mentioned, they have been in a really tough 4a district and tried unsuccessfully to move down to 3A this last realignment. Both of the New Braunfels schools have good football programs, although in recent years NB Caynon has had a lot more success.
:)