PDA

View Full Version : 1 death in the cat family...

lepfan
03-27-2006, 12:52 PM
...it appears the little runt (the pretty little calico) kitten passed on last evening. All day yesterday it kept crawling off to a corner and wouldn't/could't nurse. I found it dead last night around midnight. My hubby was not real happy that I woke him to tell him the news. I wrapped it in a paper towel and then placed it in a Wal-Mart bag....THEN....I left the bag next to hubby's wallet and keys. He gets to dispose of it.

neck_06
03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
:weeping: :weeping:

poor little kitty!

turbostud
03-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I have a male and female cat. The female is nuertered and is the easiest cat to take care of. I guess it is the rut for male cats right now cause my male cat comes home in the morning beat up and worn out and he keeps going back for more. As soon as I get time I am going to have his huevos chopped off. :eek:

SintonFan
03-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
...it appears the little runt (the pretty little calico) kitten passed on last evening. All day yesterday it kept crawling off to a corner and wouldn't/could't nurse. I found it dead last night around midnight. My hubby was not real happy that I woke him to tell him the news. I wrapped it in a paper towel and then placed it in a Wal-Mart bag....THEN....I left the bag next to hubby's wallet and keys. He gets to dispose of it.
How the bald one?

DaHop72
03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
...it appears the little runt (the pretty little calico) kitten passed on last evening. All day yesterday it kept crawling off to a corner and wouldn't/could't nurse. I found it dead last night around midnight. My hubby was not real happy that I woke him to tell him the news. I wrapped it in a paper towel and then placed it in a Wal-Mart bag....THEN....I left the bag next to hubby's wallet and keys. He gets to dispose of it. lepfan, our second cat had two, one stillborn, came home late saturday night and she rejected the second. My son was afraid it wouldn't make the night so at midnight, dear old dad went to Wally World to buy replacement milk and my son is now bottle feeding the survivor. It's heck to be soft hearted.

lepfan
03-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
lepfan, our second cat had two, one stillborn, came home late saturday night and she rejected the second. My son was afraid it wouldn't make the night so at midnight, dear old dad went to Wally World to buy replacement milk and my son is now bottle feeding the survivor. It's heck to be soft hearted. DaHop...I thought about doing that to this one...but I didn't have the time it takes. I still feel bad...I am a softy too!

SF --Kojak is doing GREAT...just has a scab on the top of his head...apparently he was 'scalped' during birth...he was a big one!

SintonFan
03-27-2006, 02:07 PM
We had a puppy that had no hair on it's tail when it was born and used "Mane and Tail" conditioner. Before long it was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.;)

injuredinmelee
03-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
lepfan, our second cat had two, one stillborn, came home late saturday night and she rejected the second. My son was afraid it wouldn't make the night so at midnight, dear old dad went to Wally World to buy replacement milk and my son is now bottle feeding the survivor. It's heck to be soft hearted.

wow I have never owned a pet i would even take to the vet.

whtfbplaya
03-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow I have never owned a pet i would even take to the vet.

Seconded, I know a family that has spent over 500$ on a rabbit I sold them for 7$.

injuredinmelee
03-27-2006, 06:12 PM
now thats just silly. I am the biggest detester of cats int he world. My part time neighbor was feeding 17 of them at one time. They spent all day in my yard, garden an on my cars. There is nothing worse than weeding and getting a handful of cat crap.
He now has no cats. Ask me why. Anyone ever owned a pellet gun that cost $150.00?

cdlvj
03-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Did anyone see the rerun of the show with Doug and Carrie the other night?

The yellow kitty was named Marmalade, what a cool name for a kitty.

lepfan
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
It appears that Kojak has taken a turn for the worse....not sure what happened...one day he is doing great with a small scab on his head and the next day he looks just like he did when he was born and is obviously dying. I have his Wal-Mart sack ready.... :(