PDA

View Full Version : Columbus 5 Navasota 1

XMan
03-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Made it out to Navasota after the Bellville/Hempstead game. Columbus won 5-1 in a fairly well played game. Columbus has a pretty good pitcher who over matched most of the Rattler hitters. Columbus's defense also made the routine plays with the catcher doing a good job on a couple of squib shots. Navasota's pitcher had pretty good velocity but he had trouble locating all of his pitches and thats what got him in the end. I was impressed with Columbus's style of play. They really hustled and got after it like a defending champ should. The Cardinals had some baserunning blunders but they were all aggressive mistakes. Other than Cardinal players having different shoe colors, they looked really good. Navasota has some really stylish hats. They are of the old school Montreal Expo look with different colors. If they would just put little spinners on top yet, they would really be fly.

The X

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Made it out to Navasota after the Bellville/Hempstead game. Columbus won 5-1 in a fairly well played game. Columbus has a pretty good pitcher who over matched most of the Rattler hitters. Columbus's defense also made the routine plays with the catcher doing a good job on a couple of squib shots. Navasota's pitcher had pretty good velocity but he had trouble locating all of his pitches and thats what got him in the end. I was impressed with Columbus's style of play. They really hustled and got after it like a defending champ should. The Cardinals had some baserunning blunders but they were all aggressive mistakes. Other than Cardinal players having different shoe colors, they looked really good. Navasota has some really stylish hats. They are of the old school Montreal Expo look with different colors. If they would just put little spinners on top yet, they would really be fly.

The X
Navasota must have pitched there 2nd pitcher, they pitched there ace vs Bellville on Tuesday. Bellville won 5-4.

XMan
03-26-2006, 08:12 PM
You must not have had Mr. Fuller or Ms. Spiess for English class. "There" should be spelled "Their". Also, against Bellville, Navasota flat out blew the game. Missed pop ups, not scoring on wild pitches. Those are the sort of mistakes that will get you every time.

UPanIN
03-27-2006, 03:45 PM
XMan. That is a very good take on the game. Navasota had their chances early but could never come through and Columbus caused some errors with their speed that cost the Rattlers.

Columbus should win district at 9-1. Someone may catch them just at the right time to give them that one loss. Columbus has a good team that should get better.

Navasota's catcher through out two runners trying to steal 2nd(BRIGHT SPOT). This kid is only in the 9th grade and should be a stud by the time he is in the 12th if he's able to keep his head screwed on straight.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Exman if you dont like the way I spell dont, read my post!!!!!
This is not English class. so stick it in your ear!!!:mad:

Bull's-eye
03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by XMan
You must not have had Mr. Fuller or Ms. Spiess for English class.

XMan
Rookie
Member #: 3527

"whose gun are yall using for these speeds. I hear Cook is legit low 80s guy but i have never seen the other 2 even sniff 80 in a hurricane. Maybe 75 though."

XMan, who did you have for English class? They wouldn't be too proud of some of your posts. I can count at leat 6 errors and I'm sure "Maybe 75 though" is not a proper sentence.

XMan
03-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I had Ms. Bigbee's class, Ms. Spiess's class, and Mr. Fuller twice, so stick that in your ear. Is Bellville going to try to beat Columbus this year, or are they going to play for second again? Congrats to the Brahmas on hanging 20 against the Cats.