PDA

View Full Version : Used Cell Phones

Ranger Mom
03-25-2006, 04:25 PM
I had made a thread a couple of weeks stating that I had inadvertantly ordered a Verizon cellphone when I actually use Sprint and didn't know what to do with it...I was just gonna give it to someone who had Verizon as a back up or whatever.

I saw on the news the other night an organization talking about the high cost of phone calls for soldiers. This organization has started collecting used cellphones and selling them to buy calling cards for our soldiers.

I think that is where I am going to send that phone and all the other working cellphones we don't use.

Cellphonesforsoldiers.com (http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/pages/1/index.htm)

kaorder1999
03-25-2006, 04:34 PM
i need a good cigular phone but cingular wont upgrade me without changing my plan. Someone hook a brotha up!!

Ranger Mom
03-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i need a good cigular phone but cingular wont upgrade me without changing my plan. Someone hook a brotha up!!

Have you tried ebay?? That's where I get all my phones!

ILS1
03-25-2006, 05:47 PM

I have a Cingular Samsung SGH-X497 phone that I'm willing to part with. Comes with a phone,home charger and manual. It is practically brand new used it for about 1 1/2 months. I bought it because my Motorola phone got wet and wouldn't turn back on. Was curious one day and tried to turn it on after 1 1/2 months and it worked!!! So I switched back to it. It was too late for a refund so I was stuck with it. I only kept it just in case my Moto failed on me again. But it's worked flawlessly since then. I love my Motorola and don't particularly care too much for Samsungs. It was the only one that was within my price range at the time. That's just me!! I paid over $200 for it but I'm willing to cut you a deal and negotiate. Let me know.

:D

piratebg
03-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I had made a thread a couple of weeks stating that I had inadvertantly ordered a Verizon cellphone when I actually use Sprint and didn't know what to do with it...I was just gonna give it to someone who had Verizon as a back up or whatever.

I saw on the news the other night an organization talking about the high cost of phone calls for soldiers. This organization has started collecting used cellphones and selling them to buy calling cards for our soldiers.

I think that is where I am going to send that phone and all the other working cellphones we don't use.

Cellphonesforsoldiers.com (http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/pages/1/index.htm)

Women's shelters also collect used cell phones. I have given them two phones in the past and they are always happy to receive donations.

lepfan
03-27-2006, 01:12 AM
i need a good cigular phone but cingular wont upgrade me without changing my plan. Someone hook a brotha up!! I just upgraded with cingular...but now I want a different phone!!!! I don't like this one. I also have the Samsung X497 and I HATE IT!!! I didn't pay $200 for it...I paid more like $50 for it. If I can get hubby to pay for the one I want I will hook you up... :) I personally like the Motorola phone....I think I am getting a camera phone this time.

kaorder1999
03-27-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I just upgraded with cingular...but now I want a different phone!!!! I don't like this one. I also have the Samsung X497 and I HATE IT!!! I didn't pay $200 for it...I paid more like $50 for it. If I can get hubby to pay for the one I want I will hook you up... :) I personally like the Motorola phone....I think I am getting a camera phone this time.

you are awesome. Let me know!!!

spiveyrat
03-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I just upgraded with cingular...but now I want a different phone!!!! I don't like this one. I also have the Samsung X497 and I HATE IT!!! I didn't pay $200 for it...I paid more like $50 for it. If I can get hubby to pay for the one I want I will hook you up... :) I personally like the Motorola phone....I think I am getting a camera phone this time.

My wife and I just upgraded our phones. We went from Sony-Ericson to Motorola. We've had 'em only a few days, but so far we love 'em. My wife has the Motorola v551 (with camera) and I have the v540 (without camera). I would have gotten one with a camera but my employer won't allow it.

lepfan
03-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
My wife and I just upgraded our phones. We went from Sony-Ericson to Motorola. We've had 'em only a few days, but so far we love 'em. My wife has the Motorola v551 (with camera) and I have the v540 (without camera). I would have gotten one with a camera but my employer won't allow it. that v551 is the one I want...

CenTexSports
03-27-2006, 10:10 AM
If you have a very old cell phone you can't do anything with it except throw it away. I got a blackberry a couple of months ago and I wanted to add my old phone to my wife's account. They would not activate it because it did not have the locator equipment that newer phones have. Because of federal law, they can not re-activate a phone that does not have locator abilities.