PDA

View Full Version : G.J Kinne Is a Buckeye

GilmerwinState
03-24-2006, 07:52 PM
T.O In Dallas Is like G.j Kinne Coming to Gilmer!!!!!!. What do you all think Im all for it . We can not be stoped this year we will be like Jasper at state when we never knew who they would center the ball to . I just hope the Boys can Come together With Gj he just want to win and he came to the right Place. It will be so much Fun watching them next year We just need a Safety and we can't be beat.

District303aPastPlayer
03-24-2006, 08:01 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
03-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by GilmerwinState
We just need a Safety and we can't be beat.

You gonna go out and recruit that player too??? I hear GA Moore is looking to get back into football if you need an "advisor" for your athletic department.

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 09:13 PM
that's one hell of a first post. i'm not voting. i'll just sit back and watch. still don't believe any of this.

SilsbeeD
03-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Im just wondering but will the UIL allow this?? Will he have to go to austin or wherever to try to even play sports? Because when you just read it on paper it seems as if hes doing it for athletic reasons. Can someone fill me in on this.
ty

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by SilsbeeD
Im just wondering but will the UIL allow this?? Will he have to go to austin or wherever to try to even play sports? Because when you just read it on paper it seems as if hes doing it for athletic reasons. Can someone fill me in on this.
ty i would think that it would be fought till the bitter end. jmo

mrescape43
03-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by SilsbeeD
ty

If he is allowed to do this I would think that the UIL should never in the future declare another player ineligible.

big daddy russ
03-24-2006, 09:49 PM
...We can not be stoped this year we will be like Jasper at state when we never knew who they would center the ball to...
Only problem with this statement is that Jasper never won that 3A title. No doubt you guys and Cuero will be the two teams to beat going into the season, but it's not only about talent. Lady luck has to be on your side, too.

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Only problem with this statement is that Jasper never won that 3A title. No doubt you guys and Cuero will be the two teams to beat going into the season, but it's not only about talent. Lady luck has to be on your side, too. once again BDR has spoken with wisdom. if you don't think at some time you don't need a little luck, then you ain't never been there.

GreenMonster
03-24-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't see this happening. GJ plays in Canton or somewhere in the Waco area. How in the world do you explain this transfer other than to say it is for athletic purposes? Dad took a job in the Waco area and everybody knows it. It would be impossible to explain why this kid would transfer ever further away from him. Just won't make sense. If the UIL is stubborn enough to keep the Moye kid off the playing field last year after being displaced by the hurricane then they won't think twice about denying GJ Kinne the right to play this fall. Just my $.02.

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I don't see this happening. GJ plays in Canton or somewhere in the Waco area. How in the world do you explain this transfer other than to say it is for athletic purposes? Dad took a job in the Waco area and everybody knows it. It would be impossible to explain why this kid would transfer ever further away from him. Just won't make sense. If the UIL is stubborn enough to keep the Moye kid off the playing field last year after being displaced by the hurricane then they won't think twice about denying GJ Kinne the right to play this fall. Just my $.02. your avatar is still my favorite:D

GilmerwinState
03-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Gj lives with his mom not his dad

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Gj lives with his mom not his dad and she lives in Canton, which brings him to Gilmer by association? just wondering. these are crazy rumors, none of which anyone can substanciate.

GilmerwinState
03-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Eligibility Standards

The sole purpose of eligibility rules and contest regulations is to keep competition equitable and to maintain activities in proper perspective. It is the responsibility of each school to see that students do not compete unless they comply with all eligibility rules. It is also the responsibility of the student to observe and obey these standards. According to UIL standards, students are eligible to represent their school in interscholastic activities if they:

have not graduated from high school,

are full-time, day students in the school, and have been in regular attendance at the school since the 6th class day of the present school year, or have been in regular attendance for 15 or more calendar days before the contest or competition,

are in compliance with state law and rules of the Commissioner of Education,(see TEA-UIL Side By Side)

are enrolled in a four year, normal program of high school courses, and initially enrolled in the 9th grade not more than 4 years ago nor in the 10th grade not more than 3 years ago,

were not recruited,

are not in violation of the awards rule, and

meet the specific eligibility requirements for academic, music and/or athletic competition.
Eligibility for Academic Contests
meet all the requirements above, and

have not changed schools for the purpose of participating in a UIL academic contest.
Eligibility for Music Contests

have not changed schools for the purpose of participating in a UIL music contest.
Eligibility for Athletic Contests
meet all the requirements above,

are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year,

live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),

have not enrolled in or audited a postsecondary athletic or physical education course,

have not moved or changed schools for athletic purposes,

have not violated the athletic amateur rule, and

were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification.
Schools may adopt stricter standards for eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities.

For more information:
- UIL Academic Eligibility Standards
- Protecting Your Eligibility
Eligibility for Foreign Exchange Students

A foreign exchange student must receive written approval from the UIL Foreign Exchange Waiver Officer. Eligibility of a foreign exchange student may be granted under the following conditions:

A. A copy of the student's J-1 visa and certification papers from the approved CSIET (Council on Standards for International Educational Travel) United States Foreign Exchange Program accompanies a waiver form;

B. The exchange student has not completed four years of high school attendance;

C. The exchange student has not received advanced training (defined as training which is above and beyond that which is normally provided in Texas public schools) in the germane activity prior to arriving in Texas, such as pre-Olympic training, being nationally ranked or having similar status in a sport, or participation on a national team; and

D. The exchange student meets all other UIL eligibility rules.

Go to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home | About | Academics | Athletics | Music | Policy | TILF

University Interscholastic League
1701 Manor Road, Austin, Texas, 78722
Phone: (512) 471-5883 | Phone Drama Only: (512) 471-9996
Fax Administration: (512) 471-5908 | Fax Athletics: (512) 471-6589
Fax for

GilmerwinState
03-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Gj is Leaving because he and His mother or worried about the son of the man that shot his dad .

mrescape43
03-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Eligibility Standards

The sole purpose of eligibility rules and contest regulations is to keep competition equitable and to maintain activities in proper perspective. It is the responsibility of each school to see that students do not compete unless they comply with all eligibility rules. It is also the responsibility of the student to observe and obey these standards. According to UIL standards, students are eligible to represent their school in interscholastic activities if they:

have not graduated from high school,

are full-time, day students in the school, and have been in regular attendance at the school since the 6th class day of the present school year, or have been in regular attendance for 15 or more calendar days before the contest or competition,

are in compliance with state law and rules of the Commissioner of Education,(see TEA-UIL Side By Side)

are enrolled in a four year, normal program of high school courses, and initially enrolled in the 9th grade not more than 4 years ago nor in the 10th grade not more than 3 years ago,

were not recruited,

are not in violation of the awards rule, and

meet the specific eligibility requirements for academic, music and/or athletic competition.
Eligibility for Academic Contests

have not changed schools for the purpose of participating in a UIL academic contest.
Eligibility for Music Contests

have not changed schools for the purpose of participating in a UIL music contest.
Eligibility for Athletic Contests
meet all the requirements above,

are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year,

live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),

have not enrolled in or audited a postsecondary athletic or physical education course,

have not moved or changed schools for athletic purposes,

have not violated the athletic amateur rule, and

were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification.
Schools may adopt stricter standards for eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities.

For more information:
- UIL Academic Eligibility Standards
- Protecting Your Eligibility
Eligibility for Foreign Exchange Students

A foreign exchange student must receive written approval from the UIL Foreign Exchange Waiver Officer. Eligibility of a foreign exchange student may be granted under the following conditions:

A. A copy of the student's J-1 visa and certification papers from the approved CSIET (Council on Standards for International Educational Travel) United States Foreign Exchange Program accompanies a waiver form;

B. The exchange student has not completed four years of high school attendance;

C. The exchange student has not received advanced training (defined as training which is above and beyond that which is normally provided in Texas public schools) in the germane activity prior to arriving in Texas, such as pre-Olympic training, being nationally ranked or having similar status in a sport, or participation on a national team; and

D. The exchange student meets all other UIL eligibility rules.

Go to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home | About | Academics | Athletics | Music | Policy | TILF

University Interscholastic League
1701 Manor Road, Austin, Texas, 78722
Phone: (512) 471-5883 | Phone Drama Only: (512) 471-9996
Fax Administration: (512) 471-5908 | Fax Athletics: (512) 471-6589
Fax for

This doesn't clear anything up. You and I both know this is a pile of compost in the making. I can't believe that the UIL will be stupid enough to let this one slip through.

Buckeye80
03-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Until I see proof (which by my standards is an article in the "Gilmer Mirror"), I'm not believing any of this. I think this is all a perfect example of how the rumor mill can spiral completely out of control.
Besides, let's say "God Forbid" Kinney doesn't come to Gilmer. Don't forget that we have one hell of a good kid in that position already. Let's see. We won 10 games last year and lost 2. I think Jamell Kennedy has proven (to me at least) that he can win games at the QB position.

I'm sticking with Jamell until I'm given no other choice!:thumbsup:

Emerson1
03-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I don't see this happening. GJ plays in Canton or somewhere in the Waco area. How in the world do you explain this transfer other than to say it is for athletic purposes? Dad took a job in the Waco area and everybody knows it. It would be impossible to explain why this kid would transfer ever further away from him. Just won't make sense. If the UIL is stubborn enough to keep the Moye kid off the playing field last year after being displaced by the hurricane then they won't think twice about denying GJ Kinne the right to play this fall. Just my $.02.
I thought it was the district that voted for him not to be able to play. And in another thread someone explained how GJ was getting threats from the son of the guy who shot his dad.

Buckeye80
03-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
the son of the guys father.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Sorry, you lost me there!

Bullaholic
03-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Until I see proof (which by my standards is an article in the "Gilmer Mirror"), I'm not believing any of this. I think this is all a perfect example of how the rumor mill can spiral completely out of control.
Besides, let's say "God Forbid" Kinney doesn't come to Gilmer. Don't forget that we have one hell of a good kid in that position already. Let's see. We won 10 games last year and lost 2. I think Jamell Kennedy has proven (to me at least) that he can win games at the QB position.

I'm sticking with Jamell until I'm given no other choice!:thumbsup:

I'm with you, Buckeye80. Until somebody quotes a reliable, official source for confirmation, I'm reserving comment.

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Gj is Leaving because he and His mother or worried about the son of the man that shot his dad . but why is he so called coming to Gilmer. you still haven't given me one shread of evidence that he is. and if he does, i can promise it will get ugly. every playoff team we face will have us in court. i'm gonna change my signature just for you.

Buckeye80
03-24-2006, 10:51 PM
This is really getting silly. I think the only thing we've proven is that none of us know what the hell is going on.:D

I'll believe that!!

Bullaholic
03-24-2006, 10:53 PM
This is really getting silly. I think the only thing we've proven is that none of us know what the hell is going on.:D

I'll believe that!!

Do you know the author of this thread, Buckeye80?

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Do you know the author of this thread, Buckeye80? I DO NOT, BUT IT WAS THEIR FIRST POST.

Bullaholic
03-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I DO NOT, BUT IT WAS THEIR FIRST POST.

I was just wondering if they really are from Gilmer.

Buckeye80
03-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Why are you yelling at me? I'm just stating the obvious (myself included)! JEEZ!:confused:

Emerson1
03-24-2006, 10:58 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Sorry, you lost me there!
I confused myself to, fixed it now though

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 10:59 PM
I was just wondering if they really are from Gilmer. well Bull, to tell the truth these rumors are flying around on other boards too. but i have no one yet to have any substance to a post. it's all just hearsay. where the heck is Manck when you need him most?

Bullaholic
03-24-2006, 11:03 PM
well Bull, to tell the truth these rumors are flying around on other boards too. but i have no one yet to have any substance to a post. it's all just hearsay. where the heck is Manck when you need him most?

I hear you, lostaussie, it happens to just about everybody when you get a talent like G.J. involved---remember all the Moye controversy last season?

Buckeye80
03-24-2006, 11:03 PM
I DO NOT, BUT IT WAS THEIR FIRST POST.

Besides, who cares about what someone says when they first start posting? Maybe the guy is just real "gung ho" about the idea of Kinne coming to Gilmer? I don't know. And I really don't care.

I'm not worried that now everyone on this site is going to compare me to "BuckeyesWinState" or whatever his name is just because we share a zip code.

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Why are you yelling at me? I'm just stating the obvious (myself included)! JEEZ!:confused: if you are talking about my caps i apologize. i was to lazy to retype.

injuredinmelee
03-24-2006, 11:07 PM
T.O In Dallas Is like G.j Kinne Coming to Gilmer!!!!!!. What do you all think Im all for it . We can not be stoped this year we will be like Jasper at state when we never knew who they would center the ball to . I just hope the Boys can Come together With Gj he just want to win and he came to the right Place. It will be so much Fun watching them next year We just need a Safety and we can't be beat.

Got to love the guys that start off with their head 3 feet deep up their........ noses yeah noses

lostaussie
03-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Got to love the guys that start off with their head 3 feet deep up their........ noses yeah noses the chief has reappeared. he evidently moved to Gilmer:D

Bullaholic
03-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Besides, who cares about what someone says when they first start posting? Maybe the guy is just real "gung ho" about the idea of Kinne coming to Gilmer? I don't know. And I really don't care.

I'm not worried that now everyone on this site is going to compare me to "BuckeyesWinState" or whatever his name is just because we share a zip code.

I think everybody knows you better than that to make that comparsion, Buckeye.

Buckeye80
03-24-2006, 11:09 PM
if you are talking about my caps i apologize. i was to lazy to retype.

My mistake! I was like, "Good God this guy is sensitive!". That's no way to be when we need everyone in this town to stick together if we're going to buy another championship! Now focus!:D

Buckeye80
03-24-2006, 11:15 PM
I think everybody knows you better than that to make that comparsion, Buckeye.

Thanks Bull. And I have nothing but respect for the beautiful city of Bridgeport and the lovely people there. Huh! I smell corn all of a sudden. That's weird!:D :D :D

GilmerwinState
03-24-2006, 11:43 PM
That was Funny about the G.J Kinne Jersey LOL LOL >Im Sorry i started all this > when i First heard this at work i was sick just like you and could not believe it either and then i heard a second person talking about this also, his wife works at gilmer school . I like Jamall and he did a great job last year . But then i was thinking how good this could be for the team if only they would come together as a team and do what ever it takes to win .Like Manuel was a Receiver and then changed to QB look how good it turned out for him he was thinking about the team. And as for as G.J i can see how he would want to get away from canton because of the Trouble with his dad getting shot and the son of the man that did the shooting would be out to get him. I just hope the best for them both G.J has been through a lot and Jamall Had a great year and will be great this year also.

mrescape43
03-24-2006, 11:46 PM
That was Funny about the G.J Kinne Jersey LOL LOL >Im Sorry i started all this > when i First heard this at work i was sick just like you and could not believe it either and then i heard a second person talking about this also, his wife works at gilmer school . I like Jamall and he did a great job last year . But then i was thinking how good this could be for the team if only they would come together as a team and do what ever it takes to win .Like Manuel was a Receiver and then changed to QB look how good it turned out for him he was thinking about the team. And as for as G.J i can see how he would want to get away from canton because of the Trouble with his dad getting shot and the son of the man that did the shooting would be out to get him. I just hope the best for them both G.J has been through a lot and Jamall Had a great year and will be great this year also.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
03-25-2006, 01:19 AM
that last post had no errors.... 2 people?

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 01:31 AM
And as for as G.J i can see how he would want to get away from canton because of the Trouble with his dad getting shot and the son of the man that did the shooting would be out to get him.

I've heard this part of the argument several times now, and I think I'm clear. It's the KID of the guy who shot GJ's dad that is making the threats against GJ. Up until now, I was to understand that some sort of mafia was being run in Canton. But now that I have all the facts, I can make an educated decision concerning any truth to the rumors, and I'll say:

Colonel Mustard
Lead Pipe
Conservatory

-and-

GJ Kinne plays football at..................................Trinidad High School next season.

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 02:46 AM
do you all seriously have nothing better to do than to pry into a family's decision about where their son should go to school? Is this China or North Korea? Get over it.. If he wanted to attend a private school or a 2A non contender you wouldn't have a problem with it.. You who oppose a family's decision about their child's future, whether it be educational, agricultural(some do transfer for this purpose believe it or not) or athetic purposes are hypocrites. I only hope you are not judged someday as harshly as you have judged. May God be with you all.

lostaussie
03-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
do you all seriously have nothing better to do than to pry into a family's decision about where their son should go to school? Is this China or North Korea? Get over it.. If he wanted to attend a private school or a 2A non contender you wouldn't have a problem with it.. You who oppose a family's decision about their child's future, whether it be educational, agricultural(some do transfer for this purpose believe it or not) or athetic purposes are hypocrites. I only hope you are not judged someday as harshly as you have judged. May God be with you all. i don't think myself or buckeye80 (hopefully i'm not putting words in his mouth) have any problem with any decision the kinne family makes. if they decide to move to Gilmer i'm cool with that. but look at the title of this thread. this whole post is on pure speculation and rumors. until somebody gets some hard evidence we need to quit bringing up G.J. and Gilmer in the same sentance. these rumors are out of hand.

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2006, 07:18 AM
do you all seriously have nothing better to do than to pry into a family's decision about where their son should go to school? Is this China or North Korea? Get over it.. If he wanted to attend a private school or a 2A non contender you wouldn't have a problem with it.. You who oppose a family's decision about their child's future, whether it be educational, agricultural(some do transfer for this purpose believe it or not) or athetic purposes are hypocrites. I only hope you are not judged someday as harshly as you have judged. May God be with you all.
I have absolutely no problem with any family's decision on where the children attend school, Gilmer or not. If there have been threats against him, then his safety should be of the utmost concern by both his parents. My only issue at all with this situation is the appearance of the school board being held "hostage" (for lack of a better word) with the choice of coach, as stated on his website. What is said on there leads a person to believe that Coach Kinne's replacement is the concern of the family, NOT G.J.'s safety.

Originally posted by mrescape43
If he is allowed to do this I would think that the UIL should never in the future declare another player ineligible.
Agreed! :thumbsup:

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 07:47 AM
You who oppose a family's decision .................................................. ..are hypocrites. I only hope you are not judged someday as harshly as you have judged. May God be with you all.

BOO!:mad:

Who's judging whom hypocrite? At no time in this ridiculous thread have I ever stated whether the Kinne family was wrong or right! But no........you'll come on here with one blanket statement tossing "God" around and start flaming everyone else who has an opinion on a website made for expressing opinions!

I only hope that when "someday" comes and I am to be judged, I can claim as flawless and pure of a moral slate as you undoubtedly will.

I'm too old for this!!:foul:

lostaussie
03-25-2006, 07:52 AM

Who's judging whom hypocrite? At no time in this ridiculous thread have I ever stated whether the Kinne family was wrong or right! But no........you'll come on here with one blanket statement tossing "God" around and start flaming everyone else who has an opinion on a website made for expressing opinions!

I only hope that when "someday" comes and I am to be judged, I can claim as flawless and pure of a moral slate as you undoubtedly will.

I'm too old for this!!:foul: your up early. the little one wake you up again:)

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 08:01 AM
your up early. the little one wake you up again:)

He's...ummm..we're watching Baby Einstein right now while Momma gets some sleep. LOL

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 08:10 AM
WAIT........EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!!!!!!! IT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

I just saw GJ Kinne's press conference on Channel 7 and he's decided to forego his senior season and enter the French Foreign Legion. DANG!:mad:

We could've really used that arm. Oh well! I guess we're stuck with old "chopped liver" what's-his-name at QB.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm too old for this!!:foul: [/B][/QUOTE]

You had me fooled and you make all of "us" that have worn the orange and black look bad. Do us a favor and find a muzzle. That's more than one post.

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 12:49 PM
And yes Buckeye80, I did play on the last playoff team before Traylor arrived. We were ranked #2 in the state for most of the year before losing to Forney in Mesquite in the Quarterfinals and the previous year to Southlake Carrol in Mesquite. If you need any other info about me.... don't hesistate to ask.

Just support Harmony this year if you don't agree with a kid or his family's "right to choose". I can't believe this is even up for debate.. we are talking about choices here. Open up your eyes. He will have a choice about where to attend college, who to date, what to eat for lunch but he can't choose where he wants to attend school which will be his fundamental basis for the rest of his life? An athletics "could" turn out to be his profession so it is no different than a kid with asperations to be a professional in field such as law or medicine and choosing a school which best suits his/her needs.

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I have absolutely no problem with any family's decision on where the children attend school, Gilmer or not. If there have been threats against him, then his safety should be of the utmost concern by both his parents. My only issue at all with this situation is the appearance of the school board being held "hostage" (for lack of a better word) with the choice of coach, as stated on his website. What is said on there leads a person to believe that Coach Kinne's replacement is the concern of the family, NOT G.J.'s safety.

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Very valid point LH Panther Mom but just because of a statement on his website doesn't mean it is the way it appears. Consider this... he un-enrolled the moment his father left for Baylor. This was because of the threats he had been receiving from a number of individuals. The man who was found guilty for the shooting was from Canton and has deep ties, mostly shady ones, not even counting his son. G.J. is a coach's son who really has no one school where he can call home. He was only stating that he wanted the current coaching staff to remain in some capacity on his website because those coach's were his family and support system while at Canton. His mother and stepfather only moved to Canton after SR. was shot. From day one, the town didn't like G.J. because he came in a freshman and was handed the reins to a team that hadn't made the playoffs in a decade. It ruffled many feathers because most of the locals thought he just had to be playing favorites with his son but by looking at his stats.... who could argue. He has never been accepted there even after having 3 exceptional years because of jealousy and envy. It really is a sad situation and it happens in many many small towns.

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Very valid point LH Panther Mom but just because of a statement on his website doesn't mean it is the way it appears. Consider this... he un-enrolled the moment his father left for Baylor. This was because of the threats he had been receiving from a number of individuals. The man who was found guilty for the shooting was from Canton and has deep ties, mostly shady ones, not even counting his son. G.J. is a coach's son who really has no one school where he can call home. He was only stating that he wanted the current coaching staff to remain in some capacity on his website because those coach's were his family and support system while at Canton. His mother and stepfather only moved to Canton after SR. was shot. From day one, the town didn't like G.J. because he came in a freshman and was handed the reins to a team that hadn't made the playoffs in a decade. It ruffled many feathers because most of the locals thought he just had to be playing favorites with his son but by looking at his stats.... who could argue. He has never been accepted there even after having 3 exceptional years because of jealousy and envy. It really is a sad situation and it happens in many many small towns.
You're preaching to the choir when it comes to "coach's kid" and what they go through many times when moving to new schools. That in itself is bad enough, without the added problems due to the shooting. I'm nowhere close to the situation to know what all has gone on....just what I read and "appearances" can many times be deceiving.

Gobbla2001
03-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I just hope the kid does get to play somewhere... but there's no question this will turn into a battle of whether or not it was for athletic purposes etc... if he did move for athletic purposes and was allowed to play I sure as hell would feel bad for Moye!!!

Even if it were for athletic purposes and it was proven, you kinda get the feeling that the UIL would step in and make sure he played because of the sympathy-factor from his father getting shot... hate sympathy votes... may sound cold-hearted, but that's not fair... people shouldn't get shot and people shouldn't gain advantages over others via sympathy...

Awesome athlete, though, wish him nothing but success...

And I'm not prying into anything (not saying you're saying I am)... just giving my opinion on a subject that is right infront of my face...

That would be amazing to see him at Gilmer though, I'm not gunna vote but I will say it'd be hard to imagine them not being in the semis if what I hear about the rest of the team is true...

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I just hope the kid does get to play somewhere... but there's no question this will turn into a battle of whether or not it was for athletic purposes etc... if he did move for athletic purposes and was allowed to play I sure as hell would feel bad for Moye!!!

Even if it were for athletic purposes and it was proven, you kinda get the feeling that the UIL would step in and make sure he played because of the sympathy-factor from his father getting shot... hate sympathy votes... may sound cold-hearted, but that's not fair... people shouldn't get shot and people shouldn't gain advantages over others via sympathy...

Awesome athlete, though, wish him nothing but success...

And I'm not prying into anything (not saying you're saying I am)... just giving my opinion on a subject that is right infront of my face...

That would be amazing to see him at Gilmer though, I'm not gunna vote but I will say it'd be hard to imagine them not being in the semis if what I hear about the rest of the team is true...

Moye's situation was and is different than Kinne's in that he enrolled at Lufkin immediately after Rita hit. He practiced with them and then he decided to enroll at Diaboll where his aunt, i believe, is an administrator of some sort. If he would have stayed at Lufkin he would have played but maybe he thought the talent there was 2 deep. Just different circumstances but I do know that the UIL has been informed and involved with this every step of the way by way of the Kinne family. Kinne's family contacted Gilmer's coach by phone only last Saturday just to difuse any talk of recruitment. I can also tell you coach Traylor is making no concessions for him and even told him he can't wear his precious #1 jersey because that number is not offered at Gilmer because they are a team and the number, he believes, signifies individuality. Kinne did not have a problem with that.

Gobbla2001
03-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Moye's situation was and is different than Kinne's in that he enrolled at Lufkin immediately after Rita hit. He practiced with them and then he decided to enroll at Diaboll where his aunt, i believe, is an administrator of some sort. If he would have stayed at Lufkin he would have played but maybe he thought the talent there was 2 deep. Just different circumstances but I do know that the UIL has been informed and involved with this every step of the way by way of the Kinne family. Kinne's family contacted Gilmer's coach by phone only last Saturday just to difuse any talk of recruitment. I can also tell you coach Traylor is making no concessions for him and even told him he can't wear his precious #1 jersey because that number is not offered at Gilmer because they are a team and the number, he believes, signifies individuality. Kinne did not have a problem with that.

I'm not saying that is why he's moving... am just throwing out opinions on things here...

I like the no #1 deal, Cuero doesn't have a #1 either, and the name of the back of the jersey is Gobblers!!!

oh well
03-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Sure am glad they are the biggest school in their Dist. They are are they not?

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes sir you would be correct. By less than 20 students over Gladewater.

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 05:26 PM

I'm too old for this!!:foul:

Nutcrackin,

Now find anything in this post I've quoted for you that relates to the incoherent rambling you responded with. You wanna debate with big words or small ones? I had the same high school education that you did.
And as to "having you fooled", what the hell does that even mean? I'm not trying to fool anyone. My opinion doesn't agree with your opinion, so I should start supporting Harmony?

Don't you dare question my hometown loyalty!!:mad: You know nothing about me except the few posts of mine that you read! I embarrass the "orange and black"? That's the lowest thing to say to another Buckeye.

We're talking about pure speculation in this thread. Everyone who has responded has offered their opinion on this speculation except for you. You came in and immediately began flaming everyone for something that never even took place! My opinion is not your opinion. Get over it and let's be pals! ;)

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 06:31 PM

I just saw GJ Kinne's press conference on Channel 7 and he's decided to forego his senior season and enter the French Foreign Legion. DANG!:mad:

We could've really used that arm. Oh well! I guess we're stuck with old "chopped liver" what's-his-name at QB.

Buckeye 80,
I know you think this is funny and you are just trying to get a few chuckles from this board... i really don't care. Keep the personal antagonistic remarks, jokes or whatever you want to call them off of message boards that are read by the STUDENT / athletes. This is no way for someone 44 yrs. of age to act. Let's think about what this young man has been through and just be supportive with HIS and HIS FAMILY'S decision to move on from a tragic piece of their lives. By the way our education may have been at the same school but furthering ones education is the difference between you and I. If you want to be a good Buckeye, then be supportive not confrontational.

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Why are you yelling at me? I'm just stating the obvious (myself included)! JEEZ!:confused:

I thought that you were only speculating as you stated in just a post above. You just need to take something to settle down and relax. Anxiety leads to heart problems.

nutcrackin
03-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Nutcrackin,

We're talking about pure speculation in this thread. Everyone who has responded has offered their opinion on this speculation except for you. You came in and immediately began flaming everyone for something that never even took place! My opinion is not your opinion. Get over it and let's be pals! ;)

Notice a severe change in rhetoric? You, in the beginning, didn't believe the post because it was a rookie poster. Also you mentioned that until it's in the "Big Gilmer Mirror" which only puts out 2 issues a week, you won't believe it. That also,I believe, has changed since it is known that he is enrolling on Monday and quite possibly could play a little baseball.

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the psycho-analysis Dad. Boy, I was really out of line there. Thanks for straightening me out.

So,

can do some real damage to the fragile psyche of today's youth. I had no idea. I'm better for having met you.:inlove:

And by the by, 80 is not the year I graduated Detective.

Oh good!!! Now we're down to pure sarcasm!! :rolleyes:

I'll make you a deal, nutcrackin. You're right and we can stop all this.

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 09:37 PM
nm

lostaussie
03-25-2006, 09:40 PM
whether right or wrong, good or bad, i just had a phone conversation which makes me think this is gonna happen. the person i talked to doesn't even live in Gilmer, but there seems now to be more truth than rumor. the coming days shall be very interesting.

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey people,

Honestly, am I wrong for trying to inject a little humor into the site? I know the last post was unadulterated sarcasm, but before that, was anyone except "nutcrackin" offended by my comments? Tell me honestly! I can take it. And I'll quit if y'all are worried that I might hurt someone's widdle feewins.

(Not you nutcrackin! I already know what you think. And you thought I was serious with the Gilmer Mirror thing? That's funny. :nerd: )

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 09:42 PM
whether right or wrong, good or bad, i just had a phone conversation which makes me think this is gonna happen. the person i talked to doesn't even live in Gilmer, but there seems now to be more truth than rumor. the coming days shall be very interesting.

Where have you been all day?:mad:

lostaussie
03-25-2006, 09:44 PM
watching car racing and basketball. oh, and i had to go to a birthday party.

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 09:48 PM
watching car racing and basketball. oh, and i had to go to a birthday party.

Dude, I've been havin' Hell with this crazy guy. He's using big words like "rhetoric" and "the".

Seriously, read what you've missed and tell me if I'm wrong, because I honestly don't know what happened to cause all of this.

lostaussie
03-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Dude, I've been havin' Hell with this crazy guy. He's using big words like "rhetoric" and "the".

Seriously, read what you've missed and tell me if I'm wrong, because I honestly don't know what happened to cause all of this. actually at this point i don't know who's right and who's wrong. i, at this point believe kinne is going to enroll at GHS. i think nutcrackin got a little bent out of shape by some of the sarcastic posts. but on the other hand, i believe we all want what is best for our team. i'm just not sure i know what that is right now. i do know this though, the decisions to be made about buckeye football, are in the hands of one of the smartest and best coaches in the entire state, no matter what classification we are in. Jeff Traylor will make the right calls. he will not put what he has built at GHS on the line, and for that i will sleep well tonight.

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 10:08 PM
losstaussie, ladies and gentlemen!
The voice of reason on a very hectic thread! Very well put Sir!

That guy just got under my skin with all of the "fatherly advice" crap. I'm a very very sarcastic person in case you couldn't tell, and I can't communicate well in a serious way.

You may find yourself mediating between us some of the time in the future. Maybe Manck can spell you from time to time.

As for the Kinne thing, all we can do is wait and see.

Go Harmony Eagles!!;)

lostaussie
03-25-2006, 10:12 PM
i wish this thread would go away. i especially hate the title and the poll. as for discussion, i believe it is something that we need to discuss and address. i am just very tired of the rumors. they may not be rumors for long though.

Buckeye80
03-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Want a new thread?

lostaussie
03-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Want a new thread? not really:D

Ranger Mom
03-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey people,

, was anyone except "nutcrackin" offended by my comments? Tell me honestly! I can take it. And I'll quit if y'all are worried that I might hurt someone's widdle feewins.

I read the entire thread as an interested observer.....Buckeye80, I wasn't offended in the least by your comments and am glad you tried to inject some humor into the thread.

PhiI C
03-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Only problem with this statement is that Jasper never won that 3A title. No doubt you guys and Cuero will be the two teams to beat going into the season, but it's not only about talent. Lady luck has to be on your side, too.

Big Daddy is right about the fact you have to have a certain amount of luck. Injuries, the bad call that costs you a game, an untimely fumble, etc. I remember we were very fortunate when we won state in baseball a few years ago with Adrian Alaniz pitching. We were fortunate in the first game in the semis to get the team that had the top hitters because we let Adrian pitch against them and held them to 1 run and won the game. That was Abilene Wylie. Forney had a great pitcher but he had to pitch a lot against Lorena in the semis that Forney won in extra innings. We had a second pitcher who was outstanding and he pitched against Forney and got a shutout and we won State by beating Forney 5 to 0 but the timing and the games were a factor in our favor. The next year we weren't so lucky but I won't go into that.