PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rogers agrees to anger management class

kepdawg
03-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Kenny Rogers agrees to anger management class

Completion of class will reduce assault charge to midsemeanor

04:21 PM CST on Friday, March 24, 2006

By JEFF MOSIER / The Dallas Morning News

FORT WORTH - Former Texas Rangers pitcher Kenny Rogers has agreed to take an anger management class, and in return, a pending assault charge would be reduced to the equivalent of a traffic ticket.

The agreement was signed Friday afternoon in Judge Brent A. Carr’s court.

Mr. Rogers was charged with assaulting Larry Rodriguez, a photographer for KDFW-TV (Channel 4), before a June 2005 game at Ameriquest Field in Arlington.

Mr. Rodriguez went to the hospital with back and neck pain after Mr. Rogers shoved the heavy TV camera off his shoulder.

Mr. Rogers, who is in spring training with the Detroit Tigers, was originally charged with a Class A misdemeanor, which carries a penalty of up to a year in jail.

If Mr. Rogers completes the anger management course by July 28, the charge will be reduced to a Class C misdemeanor, which includes no jail time.

E-mail jmosier@dallasnews.com

BreckTxLonghorn
03-24-2006, 07:56 PM
For some reason I thought it was the singer, and the first thought that came to my head was: "Man, the gambler needs to learn how to hold his booze."

Thank God its Friday.

SintonFan
03-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
For some reason I thought it was the singer, and the first thought that came to my head was: "Man, the gambler needs to learn how to hold his booze."

Thank God its Friday.
ROFL!
I thought the same thing. I was thinking, "I be pi$$ed too if KFC kicked my butt."

BreckTxLonghorn
03-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Here's how I was imagining Kenny Rogers today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed8K-6YCiZ0&search=kenny%20rogers%20jackass

SintonFan
03-24-2006, 08:56 PM
You gotta love Mad TV!
What wasn't funny is having two older brothers who both thought cattle prods were funny to herd their younger brothers.:eek: :D