PDA

View Full Version : LSU vs Texas

spiveyrat
03-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Geaux Tigers!!! BEAT Texas!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cardinalbb
03-24-2006, 07:54 AM
BOY! You are a rat! I hate to say it, but I believe LSU would have to be the favorite in this match up. But I'm still rooting for Texas!

clayton7
03-24-2006, 08:08 AM
LSU all the way

eagles_victory
03-24-2006, 08:36 AM
It's all about matchups LSU matched up great against Duke a team that had 2 offense players you had to stop. I love the way LSU plays the game but I will be pulling for my horns and i think Texas has to be the favorite. Aldrige could get big baby in foul trouble. LSU doesn't have the guard play to beat Texas. I think Texas should win rather easy. Its tough to go to the final four without good ballhandeling or 3 point shooting.

Phil C
03-24-2006, 09:12 AM
It should be a great game. When you get to the final 16 and especially the final 8 there are no weak teams left and anything can happen.

sirhc11
03-24-2006, 10:26 AM
As I said before it all depends on Aldridge's ability to shut down the post game. He did an alright job against Pittsnogle and Texas eeked out a win; however, should he have an outstanding game and Texas should sail. Also, as I said before Texas' guards must play well. Hence, Paulino and his miracle shot.

Gobbla2001
03-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Aldridge can get Davis in foul trouble, as well as Tucker...

What you had with Duke's guard play was JJ... He has ALL of the fire-power in that backcourt, so they stopped one guy and took that power away... what you have with Texas' guards is JJ's firepower divided up with JJ-style play every other few games from one particular guard...

What Duke had inside was Williams... Texas has Aldridge AND Tucker, and I feel Davis and that other dude (the big dunk guy for LSU last night) will be guardin' those two, leaving Buckman open to HOPEFULLY find his game again...

Buckman may be the MVP tomorrow night...

LSU is a great team though, and young as hell, if all stay they'll be a force next year... next year could be one of the toughest tournaments ever if all of these diaper-dandies and super-sophmores and juniors come back...

Gobbla2001
03-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Texas has Aldridge AND Tucker

Ew, and #40 Williams did a GREAT job last night... Mr. Basketball in Alabama a couple of years ago...

Geaux Home Tigers!!!

kaorder1999
03-24-2006, 01:46 PM
when does this one take place?

turbostud
03-24-2006, 02:02 PM
I wish we would play them in football. I think it would be a great rivalry.

Adidas410s
03-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
when does this one take place?

tomorrow night

smustangs
03-24-2006, 03:06 PM
HOOK EM' HORNS

cheatchu
03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
LSU has it in the bag

big daddy russ
03-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
It's all about matchups LSU matched up great against Duke a team that had 2 offense players you had to stop. I love the way LSU plays the game but I will be pulling for my horns and i think Texas has to be the favorite. Aldrige could get big baby in foul trouble. LSU doesn't have the guard play to beat Texas. I think Texas should win rather easy. Its tough to go to the final four without good ballhandeling or 3 point shooting.
I don't know. Texas is more of a finesse team, that's why they had problems with A&M and Joseph Jones.

LSU's a very physical team. It'll be interesting to see if Aldridge AND Buckman can step it up against LSU's interior. I've been waiting to see the light come on for Aldridge. He's a great player right now, I can't wait to see him when he finally gets mad. But will it happen soon enough?

When you talk about matchups, that's the one to watch. That's where LSU has a decided advantage.

Gp83
03-24-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't think ou nor mta fans could handle THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS winning another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP this year. HOOKEM HORNS:inlove:

Maroon87
03-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I wish we would play them in football. I think it would be a great rivalry.

They played in the Cotton Bowl a few years back.