PDA

View Full Version : Fact about UT Basketball and Baseball

turbostud
03-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Each team only has 2 seniors playing. We should be seeing alot more of them in the future.

clayton7
03-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Ya no kidding. They are a very young, talented program.

neck_06
03-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Each team only has 2 seniors playing. We should be seeing alot more of them in the future.

they won't stick around in basketball, those dudes go pro way to quick.

Phil C
03-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
they won't stick around in basketball, those dudes go pro way to quick.

Unfortunately neck is right and in a way you can't blame them for going for the money. UT is doing great and no matter what they have had a great year this year but can you imagine the team we would have had if Ford had stayed through his senior year and if Miles had came here instead of going pro?
Carmelo Anthony of Syracuse went pro and North Carolina lost several players right after their NC year but at least they left their college with an NC unlike Ford.

Buccaneer
03-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Aldridge was great last night!

Adidas410s
03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Unfortunately neck is right and in a way you can't blame them for going for the money. UT is doing great and no matter what they have had a great year this year but can you imagine the team we would have had if Ford had stayed through his senior year and if Miles had came here instead of going pro?
Carmelo Anthony of Syracuse went pro and North Carolina lost several players right after their NC year but at least they left their college with an NC unlike Ford.

Also, think what college basketball would look like right now if Lebron James had been a junior at Ohio St? Anthony and MacNamara would be seniors at Syracuse. North Carolina wouldn't have lost their entire team. Duke would still have Deng and somebody else...I forget who left early. A&M would still have Antoine Wright.

It would have been to watch all these teams go at it. It would be some amazing basketball. However, these are the times when players head to the pros instead of seeking out the college degree. The NBA is guaranteed money and will still be there in a year or two...come enjoy college for a while. These guys miss out on SO much!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
03-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The NBA is guaranteed money and will still be there in a year or two...come enjoy college for a while. These guys miss out on SO much!!!

Not if they are injured.

You're telling me that if you were in the same position, that you wouldn't take the money, but stay for a degree/chance at a national championship and risk injury and the chance of missing out on millions of dollars? I don't think it would be worth it to me. You can always go back for a degree, later, once you get the $$.

Also, I doubt they miss out on to much, living the NBA lifestyle.

Keith7
03-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Thank god buckman will be leaving after this year, that kid is a joke, UT will be much better after he is gone

turbostud
03-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Thank god buckman will be leaving after this year, that kid is a joke, UT will be much better after he is gone

I think the only reason he starts is because he is a senior. After the game starts he comes out after a few minutes and IMO after that he just comes in so the other guys can take breathers.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-24-2006, 02:30 PM
This hasn't been Buckman's best year, but give the guy some credit: he's been a big contributor to the program the past four years. He was the "future" of the team four years ago, when he had a monster freshman year, and helped Thomas control the boards. He was the leading voice on the frontcout two of the past three years, and he is the leader in the club house. I, for one, am going to miss Buck-Man. He's a favorite in the club house and on the campus, and a hard worker with no ego and never complains. There should be more Buckmans in the NCAA.

Hupernikomen
03-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Buckman has battled injuries the entire year. He isn't in the best playing shape. Early in the year Texas was terrrible without him. The youngsters have adapted and Texas is better for Buckman's misfortune. He still is a brute and a heck of a role player. His shot is not near what it was last year though.

Emerson1
03-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
But unfortunetly, VY graduated so there is no way texas will ever win a game in anything again.:rolleyes:

turbostud
03-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
But unfortunetly, VY graduated so there is no way texas will ever win a game in anything again.:rolleyes:

VY didnt graduate. He's leaving early and he's good but not that great.

3afan
03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
despite how VY does as a pro - he was a GREAT college QB

turbostud
03-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
despite how VY does as a pro - he was a GREAT college QB

Yep, its funny to listen to all these sports radio guys bash him. Mel Kiper even said he has dropped to 6-10 in the draft. Of course with the Saints signing Brees that changed things up but I dont see him going that low. If he does drop I hope he drops to the Cowboys.

Buccaneer
03-24-2006, 09:22 PM
You are a joke!

mustang04
03-24-2006, 09:26 PM
dont listen to Keith

Emerson1
03-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Buchman didn't have nearly as good of a season as he did last year stat wise.

Keith7
03-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
You are a joke!

I've seen them play live 3 times, and followed them this whole season, trust me, Texas is going to be better with out Buckman

Hupernikomen
03-25-2006, 05:07 PM
I've seen them play live 3 times, and followed them this whole season, trust me, Texas is going to be better with out Buckman

He rebounds, he blocks shots, and so far in the game against LSU he is keeping them in the game.

Keith7
03-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
He rebounds, he blocks shots

I would hope he would do that, I mean that is the reason why he is in there.. but he just isnt a major force down there, and can't create his own shot, forcing him to take alot of stupid shots I think, but thats just my opinion.. he has played pretty well so far this game though

Hupernikomen
03-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't think he is a NBA player, but I think he has been solid for Texas in his career. Granted this year (especially the last month) he has been sub-par.

Buccaneer
03-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I don't trust you!

sinton66
03-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Hate to tell you this, but VY wasn't on the NC Baseball team.