PDA

View Full Version : Being a state champion

silver king
09-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Wat do yall think it takes to be a state champion

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Get into the playoffs and win your last game.

silver king
09-29-2003, 09:01 PM
I think i takes heart and dedication.

eye of the tiger
09-29-2003, 09:31 PM
Lots of talent,lots of luck and good coaching. And lots of support from fans,cheerleaders and the band.

JasperDog94
09-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Bellville22:
Get into the playoffs and win your last game.Good one. Straight and to the point.

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 10:07 PM
a good team, few injuries, and a little luck

DarkWing
09-30-2003, 12:30 PM
A dedicated team, fan support, and the best coaches.

Commerce Fan
09-30-2003, 01:22 PM
By the time playoffs comes around most teams are ready for a change. It takes dedication with some average to better than average players, most games are won on the other teams mistakes so the mental portion of the game comes into play more now than ever before. Film study and pratices are the key with no room for horse play. When it's all over you realize you were not mentally ready for any of it! Alot like life PREPARE WELL and hope for the best

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-30-2003, 01:41 PM
I would like to hear an answer from someone from Lg if possible of what it takes or what it took to win the state chapionship back in...ummmm 01 I believe.
Thanks.

espn1
09-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Bellville22:
Get into the playoffs and win your last game.LMAO!

footballgal
09-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Bellville22:
Get into the playoffs and win your last game.That's blatantly obvious, but what gets you there?! :rolleyes:

footballgal
09-30-2003, 09:45 PM
ESPN1
Your graphics are so awesome! Did you ever do all the teams? because I don't think I saw them all.

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

3afan2K3
09-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Winning district

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-02-2003, 01:03 PM
Is there any state champs out there you would be willing to tell us what it took to win state?

PAINTBALL
10-02-2003, 07:17 PM
A blackjack dealer told me one time that winning in blackjack was like trying to go to the bathroom in a bucket swinging on a rope "It's all in the timing" The year your school has that special team capable of winning state,it hurts your chances if there are too many other teams that also have that special team and you sure don't want another school to have one of those special, special, special teams that don,t come along but once in 50 years. It's all in the timing. Obviously hard work and dedication is necessary for your team to be one of those special teams capable of winning state in any year regardless of how hard the games are going to be.

<small>[ October 02, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-02-2003, 07:19 PM
You not only have to hope and have faith that you can win state, but you must work very hard (duh)...

This one guy wanted to win the lotto, always had the faith he would, always had hope, just wanted to win that lotto...

Though he had the faith, and though he had the hope, he never won...

Why?

He never bought a lotto ticket...

Have faith, hope, but most importantly work the hardest you ever had for it...

Gobbla2001
10-02-2003, 07:23 PM
And also, I've seen a lot of teams start off the season great, they get a few upsets etc... and know (and DO) they have the talent to win a state championship... But they get to satisfied with the 'big' wins in the regular season, or the 'big' wins before the state game, it's kinda like they have already gotten what they wanted...

That's another thing to avoid, being satisfied with wins before state, because if you're satisfied, why want more?

sinfan75
10-02-2003, 07:24 PM
PAINTBALL:
A blackjack dealer told me one time that winning in blackjack was like trying to go to the bathroom in a bucket swinging on a rope "It's all in the timing" The year your school has that special team capable of winning state,it hurts your chances if there are too many other teams that also have that special team and you sure don't want another school to have one of those special, special, special teams that don,t come along but once in 50 years. It's all in the timing.happened to Sinton two years ago.Played someone called Everman.Evenly matched,Sinton made the most mistekes.

PAINTBALL
10-02-2003, 08:03 PM
sinfan75
[/qb]happened to Sinton two years ago.Played someone called Everman.Evenly matched,Sinton made the most mistekes.[/QB][/QUOTE]

When two teams are so evenly matched the game usually does come down to mistakes, injuries or just bad luck. When I played football only one team advanced. We lost district because in the match between us and the other undefeated team, our defensive back and their receiver went up for the ball. Our defensive back knocked the ball away and the receiver fell to the ground. The ball fell down into the receiver's hands laying on the ground. Our season was over and theirs continued.

<small>[ October 02, 2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Shotgun73
10-02-2003, 08:31 PM
What Paintball had to say about timing, injuries, luck, and all of the other intangables are right on target. It all starts with talent and good coaching, but that is just a part of being successful. There are so many things that you have to deal with on a daily basis that could mean success or failure. From my experience, I think that it is some teams' destiny to win it all. It just seems that is the way it is suppose to happen. Maybe it is the confidence that is developed along the way. Play-off experience is also very important. If you have been there before, then you know what it takes to win it all. It is one of the biggest highs that you can ever have to win it all. It also sticks with you a long time if you get to the big show and you don't win.

3ahunter2k4
10-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Dedication
Intensity
Courage
Krunkness

PAINTBALL
10-02-2003, 08:48 PM
Shotgun73:
What Paintball had to say about timing, injuries, luck, and all of the other intangables are right on target. It all starts with talent and good coaching, but that is just a part of being successful. There are so many things that you have to deal with on a daily basis that could mean success or failure. From my experience, I think that it is some teams' destiny to win it all. It just seems that is the way it is suppose to happen. Maybe it is the confidence that is developed along the way. Play-off experience is also very important. If you have been there before, then you know what it takes to win it all. It is one of the biggest highs that you can ever have to win it all. It also sticks with you a long time if you get to the big show and you don't win.Also going deep in the playoffs the year before gives your team an advantage because it gives your returning players that many more weeks of practice and experience. Your returning sophs have the experience of seniors and your returning juniors are double seniors. It definity helps.

Backwoods
10-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Having confidence. Not only in yourself but your coaches. It helps very much if they've been there before. For most, the higher you go is more uncharted territory. Experienced coaches make a big difference.

BrahmaMom
10-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Lots of wisdom in these posts. It gives me the chills. There are so many good teams out there, with so much potential, luck, coaching, heart, dedication, etc. Good luck to everyone for an injury-free season, it's going to be a fun ride to the end. Go Brahmas!

espn1
10-02-2003, 09:47 PM
footballgal:
ESPN1
Your graphics are so awesome! Did you ever do all the teams? because I don't think I saw them all.Thanks! That was 3afan2k3 that was working on the teams.

PAINTBALL
10-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Backwoods:
Having confidence. Not only in yourself but your coaches. It helps very much if they've been there before. For most, the higher you go is more uncharted territory. Experienced coaches make a big difference.You are very correct. A coach with experience in going deep in the playoffs will not only be calmer and make less mistakes, he will also know how to prepare his players for the pressure. Good point.

District303aPastPlayer
10-02-2003, 11:35 PM
3ahunter2k4:
Dedication
Intensity
Courage
Krunknessjust read the first letters down...

Bandera YaYa
10-02-2003, 11:36 PM
..uh, was that on purpose, do you think? frown

3ahunter2k4
10-03-2003, 12:37 AM
oh crud, sorry about that......take krunkness out i guess.

3ahunter2k4
10-03-2003, 12:38 AM
and put in konfidence.

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2003, 07:40 AM
I have 8 state championship medals.... and it took lots of hard work, trust of the coaches... and a whole lot of support from the staff and community.

maroonpunt
10-03-2003, 11:54 AM
NO INJURIES THROUGH THE SEASON AND ESPECIALLY THE PLAY OFFS...

U N R 8 D
10-04-2003, 08:02 PM
It takes 11 players, playing as a "TEAM" , giving everyting they have for 48 minutes. Each player has a job they have to execute. If one player makes a mistake, the entire team pays for it. You have to play like there is no tomorrow. Because if you lose, there is no tomorrow.

Bandera YaYa
10-05-2003, 01:29 AM
...and a little Ya Ya magic in the "mix".! :D