PDA

View Full Version : Corpus Christi Caller Times Letter to the editor

pirate44
03-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Incredible event

On behalf of Arizona State University, I'd like to extend sincere thanks to the people of Corpus Christi and the staff of the Corpus Christi Hooks for hosting an incredible baseball event at Whataburger Field on March 11-12.

We are thrilled to have participated in the First Annual Whataburger College Classic and appreciate everyone's efforts to make this such a wonderful event for our players, coaches and fans.

I've been fortunate to see several college and minor league venues across the country, but I can easily say that the job Reid Ryan and his staff have done developing Whataburger Field in Corpus Christi far surpasses any other facility I've seen. I know our players appreciate the opportunity to play in such a world class facility and I hope the residents of Corpus Christi realize how fortunate they are to be able to enjoy games in the crown jewel of the Texas League.

Best wishes to the Hooks for the 2006 season and thanks again for a memorable weekend for Arizona State University baseball.

Pat Murphy

(Baseball Coach, Arizona State University)

(Tempe, Ariz.)

Phil C
03-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Wow! Thank you Coach! And our Aviator field in Robstown near Corpus Christi ain't bad either!

olddawggreen
03-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Pretty Cool, another shining point in the Sparkling City by the Sea!:)

Maroon87
03-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Wow! Thank you Coach! And our Aviator field in Robstown near Corpus Christi ain't bad either!

TAMU-CC played Oklahoma St. and Purdue there last season.:cool:

AggieJohn
03-23-2006, 03:06 PM
a&m-cc has some amazing facities for an independent...

Maroon87
03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
a&m-cc has some amazing facities for an independent...

They won't be independent for long. They're joining the Southland soon.

Adidas410s
03-23-2006, 03:17 PM
is he referring to Reid Ryan...as in Nolan Ryan's son?

pirate4state
03-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
is he referring to Reid Ryan...as in Nolan Ryan's son? yes

GOFOR2
03-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Whatever.
Aviator aint got anything on Whataburger Field.
Aviator is a baseball field, Whataburger is a baseball facility.

STANG RED
03-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Isnt the Whataburger headquarters in CC? The last time I was down there, it didnt seem like you could turn a corner without there being a Whatburger on it. Iv never seen so many Whataburgers in one town in my life.
Its like Taco Cabana's in San Antonio. I dont think you can get out of site of at least one of those there.

pirate44
03-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Isnt the Whataburger headquarters in CC? The last time I was down there, it didnt seem like you could turn a corner without there being a Whatburger on it. Iv never seen so many Whataburgers in one town in my life.
Its like Taco Cabana's in San Antonio. I dont think you can get out of site of at least one of those there.
yeah, over on Mcardle.
as far as the facilites go, i use to think aviator field was nice until they built whataburger field. it cost 3 mil for aviator and i think 30 mil for whataburger field.

sinton66
03-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Here it is for those of you that haven't seen it.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2181/whatafield1qm.jpg

District303aPastPlayer
03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
the small field on the backside is used for little league play :)

turbostud
03-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Thats the Lex in the background. I did some heavy drinking watching UT win the college world series last year at a bar called the "The Grey Ghost" right by the Lex.

Originally posted by sinton66

big daddy russ
03-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Thats the Lex in the background. I did some heavy drinking watching UT win the college world series last year at a bar called the "The Grey Ghost" right by the Lex.
You're lucky that those ninjas with "TABC" on the back of their outfits didn't come in and arrest you for drinking at a bar.

What's this world coming to? People drinking at a bar of all places.

turbostud
03-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You're lucky that those ninjas with "TABC" on the back of their outfits didn't come in and arrest you for drinking at a bar.

What's this world coming to? People drinking at a bar of all places.

Here in the Valley they wait at the bridges and nail people(mostly teens) coming back drunk from Mexico.

Bull Butter
03-23-2006, 11:11 PM
TABC JOB INTERVIEW..............

TABC SUPERVISOR: "Are you an A**hole?"
PROSPECTIVE TABC AGENT: "Yes."
TABC SUPERVISOR: "You're hired."

Maroon87
03-24-2006, 01:31 AM
I managed to down a few at El Tiempo tonight without getting cuffed. I'm chalking this up in the win column...:cool:

big daddy russ
03-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I managed to down a few at El Tiempo tonight without getting cuffed. I'm chalking this up in the win column...:cool:
LOL. Frickin' Jeff.

piratebg
03-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

Whataburger Field is awesome. I caught about half a dozen games last season, all of which the Hooks won by the way, and loved every one of them. I already signed my boys up for both the kids and birthday club, and I bought our first tickets for the April 9th game vs the San Antonio Missons.