PDA

View Full Version : Why?

spiveyrat
03-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Why, Why, Why

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?

Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?

How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?

When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, "It's all right?" Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, "That hurt, you stupid idiot?"

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

DaHop72
03-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Why, Why, Why

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

I just slap mine real hard on my hand, figure that will give it a little more juice one more time.

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Why, Why, Why

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
And to add to that....

Why do my kids stand there with the refrigerator door open for 5 minutes staring at the contents? Are they waiting for food to jump out into their mouths?

Ranger Mom
03-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And to add to that....

Why do my kids stand there with the refrigerator door open for 5 minutes staring at the contents? Are they waiting for food to jump out into their mouths?

:clap: That made me laugh outloud!!!:D

Old Green
03-22-2006, 12:01 PM
I do that hoping the wife gets up and cook something:devil: :D

pirate44
03-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I do that hoping the wife gets up and cook something:devil: :D ROFL:D

smustangs
03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
all is very true it makes you just wonder about people and society some times

Buccaneer
03-22-2006, 02:30 PM
If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

I think 3A DL is proof some of us have not evolved that much!

BreckTxLonghorn
03-22-2006, 02:52 PM
HILARIOUS. I just read it out loud at work, and its definitely made our day. Thanks for it.

Phil C
03-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Why are their some people who don't like women's soccer?

BreckTxLonghorn
03-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Why, Why, Why

Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?

Also, I work at a bank. When I asked this question it went deathly quiet. It cracked me up.

Phil C
03-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Why are there some people who don't like women's softball?

Bullaholic
03-22-2006, 03:03 PM
WHY do women decline to order food at a fast food place and end up eating half of yours?

WHY do women put $5.00 worth of gas in a car instead of filling it up?

WHY do women ask men for their opinion and then get mad at them if they don't give the right answer?

eagles_victory
03-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Why are there some people who don't like women's softball? i like it a lot phil

smustangs
03-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
WHY do women decline to order food at a fast food place and end up eating half of yours?

WHY do women put $5.00 worth of gas in a car instead of filling it up?

WHY do women ask men for their opinion and then get mad at them if they don't give the right answer?

exactly:clap: :clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
03-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Here's one I've been wondering about since about the time I was in college... When cleaning up after a party, why were the girls drinks you found partially consumed while the guys drinks were are all empty?

Any one else ever notice this? :thinking:

Bullaholic
03-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Here's one I've been wondering about since about the time I was in college... When cleaning up after a party, why were the girls drinks you found partially consumed while the guys drinks were are all empty?

Any one else ever notice this? :thinking:

Spivey....gals are "sippers", guys are "guzzlers". Back when I was in college no drink "survived" that didn't have a cigarette butt in it. Man, that was a long time ago. Now, I wouldn't wake up feeling like that if somebody paid me a $100,000.

Here's another one, spivey. WHY is it that a man can run around in shorts,barefooted, and no shirt and nobody thinks anything about it---but, if he "snags" his shorts on something and tears a hole revealing even the slightest patch of underwear---everybody has a fit?

SintonFan
03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
ROFL!
Those are all goog ones.:clap:

MHSvarsity2007
03-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Why, Why, Why

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

haha i totally do that. :nerd:

sinton66
03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Why are their some people who don't like women's soccer?

Because they listen to me.:D

SintonFan
03-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Because they listen to me.:D
You are right about the whole "communist" thingy.;)

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Why is it that we had to run the air conditioner most of the month of January, but now that spring has actually arrived, I was sitting outside at a baseball game in 40 degrees, with wind chill on top of that?

(P.S. - I already know the answer. ;) )

Ranger Mom
03-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why is it that we had to run the air conditioner most of the month of January, but now that spring has actually arrived, I was sitting outside at a baseball game in 40 degrees, with wind chill on top of that?

(P.S. - I already know the answer. ;) )

What IS the answer??

Cause you live in Texas?

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What IS the answer??

Cause you live in Texas?
Yes. :D

clayton7
03-24-2006, 08:27 AM
When looking for something, why do people say "its always the last place you look" when you find it? Of course its the last place, why would you keep looking after you have found it?