PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Release Larry Allen

kepdawg
03-21-2006, 10:59 PM
I know someone mentioned it in another post, but many people may not look there.

The last of the Super Bowl Cowboys is gone.

injuredinmelee
03-21-2006, 11:00 PM
good riddance. How in the world was he on the Pro Bowl team? hasnt been able to move in 3 years. Looks sloppier every season.

piratebg
03-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Sad to see him go, but injuries have plagued him the past couple of years. Definitley the best o-lineman of his time.

GreenMonster
03-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Larry Allen is a freaking road grader. I'll miss you big man. I also agree with Injured, dude can't move anymore. He was the best lineman of his time for his ability to run to the corner as well as his ability to destroy defensive tackles.

Bearkat
03-22-2006, 10:27 AM
The man from Sonoma St. He opened some monster holes for Emmitt. Can he be cloned?

pirate4state
03-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Larry Allen is a freaking road grader. I'll miss you big man. I also agree with Injured, dude can't move anymore. He was the best lineman of his time for his ability to run to the corner as well as his ability to destroy defensive tackles. :clap: What he said!

Bullaholic
03-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Larry Allen was a dominating force in his prime, and I appreciate his contributions to the Cowboys Super Bowl teams, but all good things must end, and it's "time" for Larry to retire. Thanks, Larry, for the Cowboy memories.

DaHop72
03-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Larry Allen was a dominating force in his prime, and I appreciate his contributions to the Cowboys Super Bowl teams, but all good things must end, and it's "time" for Larry to retire. Thanks, Larry, for the Cowboy memories. Allen, like Eric Williams was dominating in their heydays, but time has passed Allen by now.

smustangs
03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
sad to see him go but i agree he wasnt able to move anymore plus this puts the cowobys $13 million under the cap

Keith7
03-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
good riddance. How in the world was he on the Pro Bowl team? hasnt been able to move in 3 years. Looks sloppier every season.

Larry Allen is still a top 5 lineman in the league, he won the NFL's strongest man award again last year, he should sign a pretty nice deal still with another team, and will be plenty productive still

injuredinmelee
03-22-2006, 01:53 PM
The thing I remember most about Larry Allen is the boys throw an interception (shoking i know) against the Saints. A line backer picks it off about 20 yards downfield and starts towards the endzone. He runs probably 60 yards and looks like he is going to score and here come allen trucking down the field with the anglle and keeps him from scoring. Anytime a big load like that hustles you have to love him. I thought Larry was the best and will always be a personal fan but just like in Emmitts case you have to know when to hold em and know when to fold em.

NateDawg39
03-22-2006, 01:59 PM
I hate how people would dog him after all his contribution to the Cowboys in the 90's and even the last few years. It reminds me of when Aikmen was "Boed" by those who considered themselves Cowboy fans a few years back...

NateDawg39
03-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I hate how people would dog him after all his contribution to the Cowboys in the 90's and even the last few years. It reminds me of when Aikmen was "Boed" by those who considered themselves Cowboy fans a few years back... Comment directed to one person so far...