PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. Ohio State

KTJ
03-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Let's get an early poll going.

Here are some things to look at--

- Texas will be in it's 2nd game with a new QB. However, the force of the offense (Taylor, Charles, Melton, Sweet, Cosby, etc...) will still be in tact.

- Ohio State will practically have a new defense.

- The game will be played at DKR. It's a 7:00 pm kickoff and will be primetime. Moreover, 7pm in Texas, in September, still means Texas heat. (albeit not as hot as a 2:30 kickoff which Mack Brown wanted.)

- Ohio State will probably be ranked in the top 3, if not #1. Texas should be in the 5-7 range.

- The revenge factor for Ohio State.

Maroon87
03-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Texas in a close one I think.:cool:

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Texas in a close one I think.:cool: I think OSU prevails.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Let's get an early poll going.

Here are some things to look at--

- Texas will be in it's 2nd game with a new QB. However, the force of the offense (Taylor, Charles, Melton, Sweet, Cosby, etc...) will still be in tact.

- Ohio State will practically have a new defense.

- The game will be played at DKR. It's a 7:00 pm kickoff and will be primetime. Moreover, 7pm in Texas, in September, still means Texas heat. (albeit not as hot as a 2:30 kickoff which Mack Brown wanted.)

- Ohio State will probably be ranked in the top 3, if not #1. Texas should be in the 5-7 range.

- The revenge factor for Ohio State.

i hear that Taylor hasnt been at practice this whole semester.....

KTJ
03-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i hear that Taylor hasnt been at practice this whole semester.....

He hasn't. He asked Mack if he could hit the books and maintain his grades and Mack, of course, said yes.

He'll be back. He's a beast.

big daddy russ
03-21-2006, 04:59 PM
OSU in a close one.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
He hasn't. He asked Mack if he could hit the books and maintain his grades and Mack, of course, said yes.

He'll be back. He's a beast.

he is a beast...i saw him at padre,....actually talked to him, michael griffin and his twin marcus..they were cool!

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 05:01 PM
he is a beast...i saw him at padre,....actually talked to him, michael griffin and his twin marcus..they were cool! Was he hitting the books at Padre?? :devil: :devil:

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Both qbs of Texas will not be able to handle the defense of Ohio State and there is Abousoulutly or however you spell it no experience at the qb pos...

KTJ
03-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Both qbs of Texas will not be able to handle the defense of Ohio State and there is Abousoulutly or however you spell it no experience at the qb pos...

The Texas defense is way better than the tOSU defense--without question.

The tOSU defense isn't the same as last years.

And "Texas won't be able to handle the tOSU defense" was the same thing they said last year.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Was he hitting the books at Padre?? :devil: :devil:

as much as i was...

shellman54
03-21-2006, 05:18 PM
OSU wins this one. UT has too much inexperience at the QB position, and Ohio St will want to return the favor for losing at the Horseshoe last year.

Emerson1
03-21-2006, 05:27 PM
I see Texas doing what tOSU did last season, playing 2 QB's against us and finding the one to lead them the rest of the season.

But I think with Texas returning 16/22 starters, including 3/5 of the best offensive line in the country, and all of the RB and WR(if romance comes back) they will be able to put out a win.

NateDawg39
03-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I see Texas in a close one because of the guys coming back..they will not let there team lose because of a QB, It wont be easy but I see it happening.:)

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 06:31 PM
vy won it for you last year, and i don't see the colt taking you to the promise land this year

Blastoderm55
03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
All the new QB has to do is put the ball in his backs' hands and they'll win the game between the tackles.

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 06:43 PM
not against the LB's from OHIO state......dufus

TMer25
03-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

The linebacking crew Ohio St. had last year is gone.

Chris Hart
03-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Texas will win by 10 or more even with an inexperienced QB. Too much offensive talent presently at UT. Throw the playmaking ability of Shipley in the mix this year, and you once again have a lethal offense. IMO, when the new QB gains experience, and all the other returning starters have a year more experience than last along with Shipley in the lineup, the offense will be even more lethal than last year's offense. I know that's a scary thought, but if the new QB can throw to the WR fairly consistently they will be awesome by season's end, because all you have to do is hand the ball off to the RBs. They'll beat Ohio State!

wedo
03-21-2006, 08:00 PM
i agree!! if texas can go into this game with one qb and not rotate them and play consistenly then they will beat ohio state by more than 10 points. texas has to much fire power coming back on both sides of the ball. In my opinion the two closes games will be when they play OU and A&M, both also returning quite a few players.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-21-2006, 09:29 PM

All three of last year's LBs were seniors. This is almost a totally different defense than what Texas saw last year.

The QB position shouldn't be a factor as much as people think. If the game comes down to how Texas' QB plays with the ball in his hands, then the skill players/OL didn't do their job. The returning starters are just too talented to make it all come down to the QB, and tOSU's defense will still be too new.

tOSU will still be VERY good. Even with new defensive personnel, there's a reason they're a top 10 team year in/year out. I don't know enough about them to say any details on what they can/can't do, but I expect a helluva fight.

I picked Texas by less than 7, due to the Home weather (if it's a typical September day, there's definitely an edge for the 'Horns), the returning starters on their side, and because I'm an admitted homer.

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
I agree with Aggie John!

Pmoney
03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Texas wins but by less than 7.....Ohio State lost Santino Holmes and AJ Hawk(IMO the core of the whole team)....but also Texas lost Vince(As everyone knows the leader of the Horns)....but Texas will prevail

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 10:23 PM
as much as i was... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KTJ
03-22-2006, 12:19 AM

I guess you didn't see where I typed it 3 times at least that the prime of Ohio State's defense is GONE.

Do I need to type that again?

KTJ
03-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by wedo
i agree!! if texas can go into this game with one qb and not rotate them and play consistenly then they will beat ohio state by more than 10 points. texas has to much fire power coming back on both sides of the ball. In my opinion the two closes games will be when they play OU and A&M, both also returning quite a few players.

OU - probably close

Agricultural - not close. Frantastic will have an improved squad, but by the end of the season, Texas will be rolling on all cylinders.

clayton7
03-22-2006, 09:32 AM
The Ohio State and Texas game will be a close one. I think the outcome will be a Texas loss. Troy Smith, Ted Ginn, and Antonio Pittman will all be playmakers Texas must keep on lock.