PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a pro surfer

NateDawg39
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
So over Spring Break I went to Cali with some friends and surfed for the first time!!! It was totally awsome!!! I cant wait to go again sometime.....:D

shankbear
03-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Dawg, the sharks will bite your arm off. They might get a leg and then what will you do? Big teeth on them Cali sharks.

big daddy russ
03-21-2006, 04:28 PM
A guy I used to work with over in Port A moved to Hawaii and became a "pro surfer" after a few years in the TGCA. Found out a few months ago that he actually just moved to Hawaii, got a job at a restaurant somewhere and had to work all the time to afford to live there.

On a side note, the guy we used to work for (Pat Magee) really was a pro surfer back in the 60's. Was in the first Endless Summer with one of his good friends and fellow surfers, Robert August. I used to surf with Pat, Robert, and Robert's crew (usually Robert "Wingnut" Weaver and Corky Carroll) every summer when Robert would come down to promote their boards.

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ On a side note, the guy we used to work for (Pat Magee) really was a pro surfer back in the 60's.

I believe he owns a "Surf Museum" not sure if it is in Port A or Downtown Corpus though.... :thinking:

big daddy russ
03-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I believe he owns a "Surf Museum" not sure if it is in Port A or Downtown Corpus though.... :thinking:
I actually went there on Friday... It's right next to the Executive Surf Club.

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I actually went there on Friday... It's right next to the Executive Surf Club.

killed two birds with one stone, huh?:D

big daddy russ
03-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
killed two birds with one stone, huh?:D
:D :D :D :D

Reckless Kelly was in town.