PDA

View Full Version : I have posted my last post on this site

TexasHSFootball
03-21-2006, 12:34 PM
I will not be on a site that "exclusively" promotes TPX. Its not fair to me, its not fair to TexPreps, its not fair to Dave. Plus, I am not going to to be around a site where the senior administrator bashes my work.

With that said, so long!

big daddy russ
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
We'll definitely miss you, buddy. Sorry it had to end this way. I'll keep tabs on you through your site.

Good luck.

football4life
03-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Sorry to see you go, definitely will keep up on your site. I don't know both sides, but that does seem slightly unjust. Adios!

Adidas410s
03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
I will not be on a site that "exclusively" promotes TPX. Its not fair to me, its not fair to TexPreps, its not fair to Dave. Plus, I am not going to to be around a site where the senior administrator bashes my work.

With that said, so long!

1...I haven't seen people bashing your work any more so than any other "analyst" is questioned.

2...as the administrator of this board...Matt is perfectly entitled to promote the work that he does for the people. You do the same thing on the board that you are the admin over.

Seriously, it's a high school message board. Yes we are all passionate about certain topics but you have to put things in perspective. This is a place for people to come and express their views on a variety of topics. If you are not comfortable with the discussions...THEN LEAVE! There are many other forums where you can voice your opinion to an audience that you feel is friendly towards you. Besides...talking to only those that agree with you is the easy way out and you will never get a fair evaluation and/or critique of the work that you do.

3afan
03-21-2006, 01:17 PM
i don't think that this site "promotes" TPX .. just so happens the admin ....... well you know

besides, do you think those "promotions" actually increase their traffic? maybe a little but i'm sure its not much. folks who are looking for HS football information will find the best site, or the one they like the best, and stick with it. you have to win your audience with content, not thru links on other web sites. the site with the best, most available content will survive, the others won't. IMO .....

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
MAtt gave you props, Chris, and said you didn't have highlight videos on your site... is that bashing?

Come on, guy, lighten up a bit... The last couple of months I've seen all sorts of links to your site posted here by your street team haha...

C'mon man...

STANG RED
03-21-2006, 01:23 PM
I am a member on 3 different sites, and enjoy each one as much as the next. I dont see any reason for anyone to allign themselves with any one of them exclusively. They all have a lot to offer.

smustangs
03-21-2006, 01:23 PM
sorry to see you go man hope you will reconsider

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I am a member on 3 different sites, and enjoy each one as much as the next. I dont see any reason for anyone to allign themselves with any one of them exclusively. They all have a lot to offer. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keith7
03-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball

With that said, so long!

yea a agree its bull crap, I hate that this site promotes a site that's admins openly make fun of the downlow.. TPX is overrated and thinks they are hot crap because they are the only site with the money to go in depth into high school sports..

Another things, Othere sites are not aloud to advertise on here... why is TPX?? pretty hypocritical

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
yea a agree its bull crap, I hate that this site promotes a site that's admins openly make fun of the downlow.. TPX is overrated and thinks they are hot crap because they are the only site with the money to go in depth into high school sports..

Another things, Othere sites are not aloud to advertise on here... why is TPX?? pretty hypocritical

I remember them making fun of a few of us on the downlow when we had that little uprising over the disputes between Horseydude and Chris...

As for other sites not being able to advertise here? Uhhh, their biggest competetor known to us, Chris, is allowed to have links to his articles posted on here... that is hypocritical how?

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:29 PM
for Keith....

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

:D

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

As for other sites not being able to advertise here? Uhhh, their biggest competetor known to us, Chris, is allowed to have links to his articles posted on here... that is hypocritical how?

And you know what, it wouldn't be hypocritical in the first place...

Are you gunna go puttin' your competetor's business name on the side of your truck? Or are you gunna put your name there?

Babies I swear...

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:31 PM

Babies I swear...
AMEN!!

Keith7
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Chris, is allowed to have links to his articles posted on here... that is hypocritical how?

Yea and the thread titles are made in all caps and made stickys too huh???

Keith7
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
the downlow really has gone down hill since Matt started working at TPX, there is no substance on this site anymore, and its just a bunch of regulars coming on here and bashing new people, or people with different ideas/opinions..

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Yea and the thread titles are made in all caps and made stickys too huh???

Damn boy, do you want a cherry on top of it while we're at it???

So I prove you wrong on one point, and you completely drop it and jump to another one, which I have already answered for you in my third reply on this thread....

Answer:
"Are you gunna go puttin' your competetor's business name on the side of your truck? Or are you gunna put your name there?"

Oh, and:

Babies I swear...

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Damn boy, do you want a cherry on top of it while we're at it???

So I prove you wrong on one point, and you completely drop it and jump to another one, which I have already answered for you in my third reply on this thread....

Answer:
"Are you gunna go puttin' your competetor's business name on the side of your truck? Or are you gunna put your name there?"

Oh, and:

Babies I swear...
AMEN AGAIN!!!!

man..u on a roll:D

Keith7
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM

Well then screw having a donation drive by us to buy a new server, why don't we just talk matt into starting a 3a section on the TPX message board and we can all just go there

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 01:41 PM
the downlow really has gone down hill since Matt started working at TPX, there is no substance on this site anymore, and its just a bunch of regulars coming on here and bashing new people, or people with different ideas/opinions.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
the downlow really has gone down hill since Matt started working at TPX, there is no substance on this site anymore, and its just a bunch of regulars coming on here and bashing new people, or people with different ideas/opinions..

That's the way most of us like it... minus bashing new people (unless of course they have a reason)....

Go post at TexasHSFootball... it has good substance... most people here go there for substance, including myself... but for the BS, this the place that be happnin'... so take it or leave it, please leave it!!!

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Well then screw having a donation drive by us to buy a new server, why don't we just talk matt into starting a 3a section on the TPX message board and we can all just go there
dude..... ur being a lil crybaby

Keith7
03-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
dude..... ur being a lil crybaby

great arguement .. very mature way to argue..

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:46 PM
great arguement .. very mature way to argue..
haha....im not arguing anything...im not trying to prove or disprove anything..im making a clear statement of my opinion...YOU'RE BEING A CRY-BABY!!!!!

Keith7
03-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
haha....im not arguing anything...im not trying to prove or disprove anything..im making a clear statement of my opinion...YOU'RE BEING A CRY-BABY!!!!!

oh congratulations :clap: i guess.. :confused:

NateDawg39
03-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Well....it happens, we gotta no when to leave sometime I guess.....

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 01:48 PM

Good brainstorming, went the right direction with that one...

However, the 3adownlow is the catchiest damn name in 3A football, and a lot of people enjoy coming here to catch up with each other and talk football when things are heating up and coolin' down...

If we didn't like this site, we wouldn't have stuck around, but we have, so we're doing something right...

Keith7
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM

If we didn't like this site, we wouldn't have stuck around, but we have, so we're doing something right...

you are right, and thats why i've been here for 3 and a half years.. sure matt started it but others have been supporting it.. I just think what is fair for one person should be the same for another.. I realize this isnt a democracy on this board, but i'm just giving my 2 cents.. i'm off to work tho..

HighSchool Fan
03-21-2006, 01:57 PM
I realize this isnt a democracy on this board

that's the most truthful thing i've seen on this board in probably forever.

Ranger Mom
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM

Hmmmm.....I consider myself as "regular" as a "regular" can be.

I didn't know I was a "basher" too!:eek: :(

Phil C
03-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Sure hate to see you go. We can still enjoy this site even though we all have problems. Look at me. I am still trying to convince people why they need to become good women's soccer fans, and why they should enjoy old movies and why Dawn at Socorro is a great movie and why they should love me and -------.

smustangs
03-21-2006, 02:18 PM

if you dis-like it and dont agree with things that bad dont read it any more sounds pretty simple to me

STANG RED
03-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sure hate to see you go. We can still enjoy this site even though we all have problems. Look at me. I am still trying to convince people why they need to become good women's soccer fans, and why they should enjoy old movies and why Dawn at Socorro is a great movie and why they should love me and -------.

Phil, I'll hang with ya on everything but the womens soccer. Heck, I dont even like mens soccer.

smustangs
03-21-2006, 02:20 PM
im goin to have to agree with you on that stang red

STANG RED
03-21-2006, 02:26 PM

I guess you and the Cheif could always go start a "All sports, Only sports, and nothing but sports, so help me God, Downlow" board.
Or you could just call it the "Cheif O'Keith7 sports, but mostly track" board.
That way, you could make up all your own rules.

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

a "basher" :devil: :devil:

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I guess if speaking the truth is bashing.....well I am a basher...

by the way stickies are a privilege for mods only....I seem to remember LHPM putting stickies of Chris' site on here many times.....guess no one remembers that since I am a hypocrite....LOL

smustangs
03-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I guess you and the Cheif could always go start a "All sports, Only sports, and nothing but sports, so help me God, Downlow" board.
Or you could just call it the "Cheif O'Keith7 sports, but mostly track" board.
That way, you could make up all your own rules.

:clap: :clap:

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 03:05 PM

agreed, i used to come here for information and insights...now i just come here to bash people

eagles_victory
03-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I just think what is fair for one person should be the same for another.. I agree with you but thats not the case and I dont really care for it. But if you think about it that is how life is someone is always getting beneficial treatment over another so the downlow is a lot like life. You gotta accept it for what it is and not what you want it to be. As for Gobbla 2001 could you please stop attacking people for having an opinion different then yours (or as you call it crying) Keith7 is just trying to be loyal to a fellow poster. When you start bashing him your not doing anything but proving his theory about the regulars bashing the new guys. I quite frankly get tired of reading you cussing on threads just because you think you can because your the 5th member and have over 8000 post. I am sorry to offend anyone but this is my opinion and if I am going to get bashed for it go ahead and start bashing me now because I will take a bashing to state what I believe in.

District303aPastPlayer
03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I agree with you but thats not the case and I dont really care for it. But if you think about it that is how life is someone is always getting beneficial treatment over another so the downlow is a lot like life. You gotta accept it for what it is and not what you want it to be. As for Gobbla 2001 could you please stop attacking people for having an opinion different then yours (or as you call it crying) Keith7 is just trying to be loyal to a fellow poster. When you start bashing him your not doing anything but proving his theory about the regulars bashing the new guys. I quite frankly get tired of reading you cussing on threads just because you think you can because your the 5th member and have over 8000 post. I am sorry to offend anyone but this is my opinion and if I am going to get bashed for it go ahead and start bashing me now because I will take a bashing to state what I believe in.

he doesnt think because he has 8000 posts or is #5 he can do whatever... he built this site himself... so THAT entitles him...

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 03:41 PM
I like the way adidas put it for once i agree with him

eagles_victory
03-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he doesnt think because he has 8000 posts or is #5 he can do whatever... he built this site himself... so THAT entitles him... I am glad that he did and I appreciate it but 3adownlow will be a lot better off when we stop holding certain posters on a pedastool sp? and think that there above everyone else. War veterans are great and have done so much for us but when they come back they pretty much have to live by the same rules as everyone else. So you see what I am saying why should we have posters on here that dont have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Ranger Mom
03-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he doesnt think because he has 8000 posts or is #5 he can do whatever... he built this site himself... so THAT entitles him...

No it doesn't!! I don't think Gobbla gets by with lots more than anyone else does.

I edited (and edited and edited) posts between him and Keith7 yesterday!!

Bullaholic
03-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Won't You Be My Neighbor? © 1967 by Minister Fred McFeely Rogers

Original Air Dates: 1968 - present (PBS)

It’s a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

It’s a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I’ve always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let’s make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we’re together, we might as well say,
Won’t you be my neighbor?

Won’t you please, won’t you please,
Please won’t you be my neighbor?

:)

3afan
03-21-2006, 04:08 PM
*sigh*

its snowing here .....

lostaussie
03-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

:) hey neighbors:)

SintonFan
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I am glad that he did and I appreciate it but 3adownlow will be a lot better off when we stop holding certain posters on a pedastool sp? and think that there above everyone else. War veterans are great and have done so much for us but when they come back they pretty much have to live by the same rules as everyone else. So you see what I am saying why should we have posters on here that dont have to follow the same rules as everyone else.
Did you realize this was your 666th post?:eek:

turbostud
03-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
if you dis-like it and dont agree with things that bad dont read it any more sounds pretty simple to me

Keith7 already posted that he was done posting on this forum a while back but he keeps on keeping on.

heres the link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32831)

pirate44
03-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Keith7 already posted that he was done posting on this forum a while back but he keeps on keeping on.

yeah, its almost a guarentee, if you post that you are leaving, it aint gonna happen

Maroon87
03-21-2006, 04:40 PM

If you read that whole thread, then read how this one starts, it would lead you to believe that things have changed drastically in the last 6 months in Message Board Land...:(

I like both sites, BTW...:cool:

3afan
03-21-2006, 04:42 PM
i think (some) people announce they are leaving just to "hear" people beg them not to .... ya think?

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
TexasHSFootball
Junior Varsity

Member #: 1844

Ok I normally stay out of these spats and don't want any part of them but let me clear up a couple things myself...

1. Matt328 has never shown any disrespect nor hate towards me anywhere or any place.

2. I very rarely and do not post links to my own site out of respect for everyone on this board and out of respect to Matt.

3. Like Matt says, the posters and contributors to this site are the ones who own this site.

4. Just so there is clarification, Matt respects me and my work just as I respect him and his work. While I may not like other unnamed admins of TPX, I do respect them and their passion.

Thank you!

Do you mean this?

smustangs
03-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
TexasHSFootball
Junior Varsity

Ok I normally stay out of these spats and don't want any part of them but let me clear up a couple things myself...

1. Matt328 has never shown any disrespect nor hate towards me anywhere or any place.

2. I very rarely and do not post links to my own site out of respect for everyone on this board and out of respect to Matt.

3. Like Matt says, the posters and contributors to this site are the ones who own this site.

4. Just so there is clarification, Matt respects me and my work just as I respect him and his work. While I may not like other unnamed admins of TPX, I do respect them and their passion.

Thank you!

Do you mean this?

hmmmm kinda makes you wonder

injuredinmelee
03-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Now that was funny

:)

Emerson1
03-21-2006, 05:23 PM
The site would be alot better if if it had an actual website for rankings, ect like we use to. It doesn't cost $400(or however much donations will bring in this time, probably alot) to keep our simple little message board running, if it does than we are getting ripped off. It used to be the leaders of the site(no im not calling anyone out) took care of a region of the site. So each week during the season there would be new content for each regions 1,2,3 and 4. Not just a preseason top 25 and an all state team.

This probably has nothing do to withanything in here but I didn't want to read through all the arguing.

Adidas410s
03-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
TexasHSFootball
Junior Varsity

Thank you!

Do you mean this?

So is he just backing out on everything that he said earlier about "the senior admin" of this board?

Manck
03-21-2006, 05:38 PM
I like beer.

Bullaholic
03-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Manck
I like beer.

Manck....Today somebody will probably find away to argue with that. :D

Manck
03-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Manck....Today somebody will probably find away to argue with that. :D
As you can tell, I don't post on here much anymore, but when I do, I make sure that it is a post of substance....;)

As far as the TPX/THSF/Whatever debate is concerned...I don't know Matt, and I've helped Chris out some over the last couple of years. I don't know what was said that pissed Chris off, but I hope that it gets worked out.

And NOW, a Hot Sports Opinion about T.O. from the best sports writer on the face of the planet. Wait. Scratch that. Best sports writer that lives in my apartment.

http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/sports/local_story_080134829.html

lostaussie
03-21-2006, 06:04 PM
manck, i totally bust out laughing everytime i read your signature.

Old Tiger
03-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Hate that you fill that way but hope everything works out fine with you

HighSchool Fan
03-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Manck

http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/sports/local_story_080134829.html

that's a good article there Manck. i do have one question. how did he tear up the 49ers? they were on the way down before he left. the coach at that time isn't even good enough to coach the lowly lions, and the QB at that time isn't good enough to play for the lowly lions. i agree TO did hurt the eagles tremendously. but he had little affect on what happened to the 49ers.

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 06:28 PM
i think i've said i'll prolly be gone like four or five different times

i think i'mi going to stay away from drama....

that is the times that i don't promote it

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 06:57 PM
sure matt started it but others have been supporting it

No, Matt came in after it was started, I picked the name and started it with bearcat1...

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM
As for Gobbla 2001 could you please stop attacking people for having an opinion different then yours (

Do you know that Keith and I have an ongoing spat? That would explain the "so-called" attack on him... we just go at it, that's just how it goes sometimes...

As for proving his theory about attacking the new guys, Keith has been around for a LONNNNNNNNNG time...

It's comments like your's that make me "attack" (dear lord we're on a forum not in a damned ally) "newer" posters...

If you have a different opinion, I'll argue with it, just like you'll argue back (takes two to tango, Einstein, oopps, sorry, are you a newer poster?)...

#2, I've been drinking half of the time I'm on here, so I'm just going to speak my mind more clearly than I would sober, and I have no problem with that...

#3, if you're so dead-set on this 'theory', it must mean that you "think" I've been up to this for way too long... AKA: stop reading my damned posts...

And #4, I like beer too, Manck... I'm going back to the store in a few...

turbostud
03-21-2006, 07:22 PM

And #4, I like beer too, Manck... I'm going back to the store in a few...

Have you ever tried Moonshine? I just got back from South Alabamy and brought back some great tasting Shine. The guy I got it from made it with bananas and sugar. Great stuff that will mess you up. :D

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Have you ever tried Moonshine? I just got back from South Alabamy and brought back some great tasting Shine. The guy I got it from made it with bananas and sugar. Great stuff that will mess you up. :D

No I sure haven't... what's the halfway point between you and I?

turbostud
03-21-2006, 07:31 PM
No I sure haven't... what's the halfway point between you and I?

Probably Kingsville. I can send you a little if you like. I have got 2 mason jars full of the stuff.

turbostud
03-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Or Falfurrias.

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Actually, do not live in Cuero anymore, around Port Lavaca is where I drink, I mean sleep at night...

Isn't that stuff illegal though?

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 07:34 PM
No, Matt came in after it was started, I picked the name and started it with bearcat1...

And btw, Matthew328 ended up doing the best work...

just felt like arguin' with Keith, again...

turbostud
03-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually, do not live in Cuero anymore, around Port Lavaca is where I drink, I mean sleep at night...

Isn't that stuff illegal though?

I'll be in Corpus Christi on April 11. Could bring you some up with me if you like.

turbostud
03-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Yes it is very illegal.

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 07:35 PM
I'll be in Corpus Christi on April 11. Could bring you some up with me if you like.

APRIL 11TH? That's my birthday... haha...

olddawggreen
03-21-2006, 07:44 PM
I am a member on 3 different sites, and enjoy each one as much as the next. I dont see any reason for anyone to allign themselves with any one of them exclusively. They all have a lot to offer.

ditto+, when football season is going on, I can't get enough. During the off season I enjoy what ever anyone stirrs up, I'm like a channel surfer with all my favorite sites.

turbostud
03-21-2006, 07:44 PM
APRIL 11TH? That's my birthday... haha...

Perfect! PM me if you want some.

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Perfect! PM me if you want some.

Nah, I'll be good, the feds are reading this now ha...

LH Panther Mom
03-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I am a member on 3 different sites
Light weight. :p

Chris, you do what you need to do.

ProducerBilly
03-21-2006, 08:43 PM
My 2 favorite beers currently are Stella Artois and La Fin Du Monde :D

bulldogbark
03-21-2006, 08:45 PM
could someone please bash me.....I feel so left out by not being bashed.....I can take it.....(shutting eyes) I am ready:D

SintonFan
03-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
could someone please bash me.....I feel so left out by not being bashed.....I can take it.....(shutting eyes) I am ready:D
TEE HEE!:D :inlove:

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ProducerBilly

Anything darker than light gets me going... but hell, I like money too so I'm not ashamed of my 24 oz Icehouse on the way home from work...

Manck
03-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
that's a good article there Manck. i do have one question. how did he tear up the 49ers? they were on the way down before he left. the coach at that time isn't even good enough to coach the lowly lions, and the QB at that time isn't good enough to play for the lowly lions. i agree TO did hurt the eagles tremendously. but he had little affect on what happened to the 49ers.
The 49ers' new ownership group sucks, and that's why the team sucks. But TO yelling at his offensive coordinator, publicly accusing Jeff Garcia of being gay, etc. probably didn't help much either.

Manck
03-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ProducerBilly
Stella=greatness.
Haven't had La Fin Du Monde. Anything that translates to "The End of the World" HAS to be alright though....

sinton66
03-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark

Careful what you wish for, there are those on here who will abide in spades.:D :D :D

Horseymen
03-21-2006, 09:24 PM
85 posts and only 1 cheap shot on me - I expect more from you guys! :)

Gobbler Fan
03-21-2006, 10:22 PM

:) Howdy Neighbor's:wave:

football4life
03-21-2006, 11:08 PM
holy crap, that was some heavy reading:doh:

sinton66
03-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Horseymen
85 posts and only 1 cheap shot on me - I expect more from you guys! :)

Well, you haven't said anything in a while. Give it time, we can live up to your expectations.:D