PDA

View Full Version : My, How Times Change...

Bullaholic
03-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Somehow, back in the "day", I don't think the following school board action would have been required:

Wise County Messenger Update
Tuesday, March 21, 2006

TUCK IN THOSE SHIRTS - Bridgeport School Board passed revisions to the dress code Monday requiring boys to tuck in their shirts and prohibiting them from wearing makeup and girl’s jeans. Girls, though still allowed to wear makeup and girl’s jeans, are prohibited from wearing underwear-revealing clothing. The revisions passed 6-1 with Ken Kilpatrick casting the dissenting vote. The board unanimously approved a drug free program for the high school, middle school and ACE campuses. The program will focus on the dangers of methamphetamines.

LH Panther Mom
03-21-2006, 11:02 AM
That probably added about 10 pages to the student handbook. Ah, the good old days....

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That probably added about 10 pages to the student handbook. Ah, the good old days....

lol..right?!

I'm glad the girls can still wear girls jeans. :D

smustangs
03-21-2006, 11:31 AM
its very sad when school boards have to waste their time passing revisions such as this what is this world coming to

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
its very sad when school boards have to waste their time passing revisions such as this what is this world coming to

nononono..lets get this correct...what is the U.S. comming to...i PROMISE you this kinda thing wouldnt even be thought of in schools such as Japan's, or China's

spiveyrat
03-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Boys wearing makeup and girls jeans??? :eek:

GIRLY-MEN! :D

Phil C
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
nononono..lets get this correct...what is the U.S. comming to...i PROMISE you this kinda thing wouldnt even be thought of in schools such as Japan's, or China's

And Japan just won the first World Baseball Cup while the USA - well never mind!

LH Panther Mom
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol..right?!

I'm glad the girls can still wear girls jeans. :D
:D The school I attended my freshman year, jeans were not allowed at all for girls and pants were only allowed on Fridays, unless it snowed.

smustangs
03-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

very true reggie thank you for correcting me haha