PDA

View Full Version : Man shoots and kills teenager for walking across his yard!

mrescape43
03-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Story on CNN this morning. 62 year old man called 911 and told them he had just killed a kid. The man claimed that the 15 year old and his parents had been harassing him for the past 5 years and that he had warned the boy to stay off his yard. The man told 911 dispatcher that he shot the boy twice in the chest with a 4-10 shotgun. :( :eek:

LH Panther Mom
03-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Wow! :eek: :crazy: That's just not right. :(

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Incredible...don't guess he will have to worry about anyone else cutting across his yard since it will be concrete, full of people in similar clothing and surrounded by barbed wire in the future.:(

Bullaholic
03-21-2006, 10:38 AM
No way those 2 actions will ever equate. Sorry if the old man was harrassed, but he went way over the "line".

JasperDog94
03-21-2006, 10:48 AM
What if the old man went back to college? In Chief's world would he still be guilty?

mustang04
03-21-2006, 10:49 AM
but u gotta see it this way...the 62 year old was at the age where he didnt care anymore and was irritated....i say the kid got what he deserved for harassing an old man.....old men be loco

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Here's a link to the article for anyone interested.....

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/20/boy.shot.ap/index.html)

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
but u gotta see it this way...the 62 year old was at the age where he didnt care anymore and was irritated....i say the kid got what he deserved for harassing an old man.....old men be loco :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
03-21-2006, 11:05 AM
thats just being stupid.... on the kids part...

NateDawg39
03-21-2006, 11:08 AM
I think shooting someone for THAT reasons is stupid. He had the option of calling 9-1-1 for 5 years to have the official men and women take care of the problem.:mad:

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

roll ur eyes if u want... true i believe no one really deserves to die that young, but if someone walked into a cage with a Grizzly bear from the Kodiak...then no i wouldnt pitty their death cuz they deserved it...just like someone who harasses another until the point they get their arse kicked or killed...THEY BROUGHT IT ON THEMSELVES...but im def. not saying the old man's actions were right or appropriate, but the kid shouldnt have been harassing him period

Snyder_TigerFan
03-21-2006, 11:10 AM
but u gotta see it this way...the 62 year old was at the age where he didnt care anymore and was irritated....i say the kid got what he deserved for harassing an old man.....old men be loco

He certainly didn't deserve to get killed over it (maybe shot with a BB gun or a sling shot!), but he did need to be taught to respect his elders.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I think shooting someone for THAT reasons is stupid. He had the option of calling 9-1-1 for 5 years to have the official men and women take care of the problem.:mad:
i agree with you...but you cant depend everybody to be nice these days...most killings are over something stupid..like money, drugs, etc.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
He certainly didn't deserve to get killed over it (maybe shot with a BB gun or a sling shot!), but he did need to be taught to respect his elders.

like im saying...he didnt deserve to DIE, but he did deserve something...just unlucky for him the guy was willing to take it that far

Bullaholic
03-21-2006, 11:12 AM
roll ur eyes if u want... true i believe no one really deserves to die that young, but if someone walked into a cage with a Grizzly bear from the Kodiak...then no i would pitty their death cuz they deserved it...just like someone who harasses another until the point they get their arse kicked or killed...THEY BROUGHT IT ON THEMSELVES...but im def. not saying the old man's actions were right or appropriate, but the kid shouldnt have been harassing him period

Think you would feel the same way if you were picking up your son's dead and bloody body, Reg?

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Think you would feel the same way if you were picking up your son's dead and bloody body, Reg?
i know i wouldnt...but then again i would teach my son better to harrass an old man and i wouldnt join in on the harrassment....so there's where the father messed up too

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 11:15 AM
like im saying...he didnt deserve to DIE, but he did deserve something...just unlucky for him the guy was willing to take it that far I'll agree to this statement 04, but in the prior post you did say he got what he deserved.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:16 AM

but if i was in that postion..im sure i would do something irrational back to the old man, because of the stress and frustration i was under...just like how the old man irrationally responded to the feelings caused from the kid

raider red 2000
03-21-2006, 11:17 AM
old guy could have put up a fence and a sign...that says,

"No Trepassing, violators will be SHOT!!!

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:19 AM
I'll agree to this statement 04, but in the prior post you did say he got what he deserved.
well..thats where its kinda hard to explain...im not saying its fair he died, but then again...he did deserve something

u dont know how certain ppl react

any of yall remember when that person fell into the gorilla's den or w/e at that zoo..and the Gorillas didnt hurt him...well another kid could have fallen in elsewhere and have gotten beaten to death by the alpha male...would it be fair that one lived and the other was killed..NO, but thats the thing about instinct of living creatures..nobody is going to respond to certain situations the same and shouldnt be expected to

zeus63
03-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
old guy could have put up a fence and a sign...that says,

"No Trepassing, violators will be SHOT!!!

Used to have a sign like that on my land, except I had added a second line.

Said, "Tresspassers will be shot, SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!!" (Had a problem with people wanting to set up camp on our land for a while, never actually shot anyone.)

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Sometimes I think we have a tendency to over-analyze these things.

This is like saying Natalie Holloway or a young woman from New York that was recently abducted on a sidewalk, raped and killed deserved their fates because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or behaved wrecklessly.

Fact is, we shouldn't blame the victims, we should just remember what is right and what is wrong. There really isn't that big of a gray area that these things fall into.

JMHO....

Bullaholic
03-21-2006, 11:34 AM
well..thats where its kinda hard to explain...im not saying its fair he died, but then again...he did deserve something

u dont know how certain ppl react

any of yall remember when that person fell into the gorilla's den or w/e at that zoo..and the Gorillas didnt hurt him...well another kid could have fallen in elsewhere and have gotten beaten to death by the alpha male...would it be fair that one lived and the other was killed..NO, but thats the thing about instinct of living creatures..nobody is going to respond to certain situations the same and shouldnt be expected to

Don't agree, Reg. I know you young guys get sick of hearing us old guys talk about how much "wiser" you are going to be when you are older, but there is a lot of truth to that. Perhaps when you "mellow" a little, Reg you will realize that not taking the "irrational" actions in a stressfull situation is what is appropriate for responsible members of a society. True, all people do not react the same in a given situation, but those who truly are "in control" of themselves react only to a point and resist the "irrational" response. This higher decison making ability is what separates man from those "gorillas" in your example.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

This is like saying Natalie Holloway or a young woman from New York that was recently abducted on a sidewalk, raped and killed deserved their fates because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or behaved wrecklessly.

Fact is, we shouldn't blame the victims, we should just remember what is right and what is wrong. There really isn't that big of a gray area that these things fall into.

JMHO....

ok.....theres a difference in being "in the wrong place at the wrong time" andf being somewhere you DONT BELONG at ANY TIME....

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Don't agree, Reg. I know you young guys get sick of hearing us old guys talk about how much "wiser" you are going to be when you are older, but there is a lot of truth to that. Perhaps when you "mellow" a little, Reg you will realize that not taking the "irrational" actions in a stressfull situation is what is appropriate for responsible members of a society. True, all people do not react the same in a given situation, but those who truly are "in control" of themselves react only to a point and resist the "irrational" response. This higher decison making ability is what separates man from those "gorillas" in your example.

a agree with....but like i said...not everybody is going to act appropriately

zeus63
03-21-2006, 11:37 AM

True, but I think even you would agree that everyone has their breaking point. Not saying what the old guy did was right but the kid was apparently given the opportunity to stay off the guys lawn.

spiveyrat
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM

We don't know that he didn't. That's not to say I agree with what the man did, though.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:40 AM
BOTTOM LINE

LIFE isnt peaches and cream...its NOT FAIR, so when someone is somewhere where they dont belong and know they dont and then something happens to them....BOTH are at fault, one for not staying away, and they other for making the wrong choice of extreme action

mustang04
03-21-2006, 11:41 AM
well..im going to class before im late and at the RIGHT place at the WRONG time:D

hopefully my proff. wont shoot me...but who knows? he might just be having one of those kinda days

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2006, 11:43 AM
ok.....theres a difference in being "in the wrong place at the wrong time" andf being somewhere you DONT BELONG at ANY TIME....

:)

As a kid, I remember riding a horse across the corner of someone's yard and the owner being furious. The ground was wet and she made me fill in the tracks...needless to say, I have never forgotten that day, and while I was wrong for cutting across the corner of her yard and learned a valuable lesson....I still can't stand that mean and hateful woman.:D

Point of my story though, I guess it is a good thing I am still here to tell it, since maybe she should have just shot me instead.;)

spiveyrat
03-21-2006, 12:13 PM
:)

Point of my story though, I guess it is a good thing I am still here to tell it, since maybe she should have just shot me instead.;)

I'm glad she didn't! :)

STANG RED
03-21-2006, 12:41 PM

JMHO....

I see what you are saying, and I most certainly agree with you in priciple. However, in the real world, the fact of the matter is, most times, victims are not completely blameless. If you play with fire long enough, you are going to get burned! Is it fair if you get burned to death? Probably not; but people need to make a wise choice not to play with that fire in the first place, and they dont risk getting burned at all.
The man did way overreact though! The problem is though, you just never really know how someone is going to react when provoked. It's just best to not have to find out.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I see what you are saying, and I most certainly agree with you in priciple. However, in the real world, the fact of the matter is, most times, victims are not completely blameless. If you play with fire long enough, you are going to get burned! Is it fair if you get burned to death? Probably not; but people need to make a wise choice not to play with that fire in the first place, and they dont risk getting burned at all.
The man did way overreact though! The problem is though, you just never really know how someone is going to react when provoked. It's just best to not have to find out.

THANK YOU!!!!!:clap: :clap:

u know...i'd love for u to be my father in law!!!:D

STANG RED
03-21-2006, 01:30 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!:clap: :clap:

u know...i'd love for u to be my father in law!!!:D

Ha Ha. She's a good un, aint she Reg. But I'm not the one you would have to convince. She has a mighty stubbern little mind of her own. She is the one you would have to win over, not me.
Also, you know you would probably have to fight Tweeder over this dont you. In fact, that would probably be a real good fight. Yall can come do it my back yard. I'll charge admission.
Oh, and no 4-10s allowed!

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Ha Ha. She's a good un, aint she Reg. But I'm not the one you would have to convince. She has a mighty stubbern little mind of her own. She is the one you would have to win over, not me.
Also, you know you would probably have to fight Tweeder over this dont you. In fact, that would probably be a real good fight. Yall can come do it my back yard. I'll charge admission.
Oh, and no 4-10s allowed! Can I be the promoter Stang???:D :D

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Oh, and no 4-10s allowed!
well.....since ive known her since Lang Aycock Daycare....we have history!!!:D

and i'll accept that bout w/ tweeder..in HS he outweighed me..but now that i've caught him(if not passed) ill gladly accept!!!

she's WELL worth it!!

hey..next time u talk to her on the phone, tell her that i said i havent forgotten about the clown suit she wore when she was about 5 to lang aycock for halloween hahaha

STANG RED
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Can I be the promoter Stang???:D :D

Naw, I'm greedy and want all the money to myself. Besides, it is MY daughter they will be fighting over. But, I will give you a free pass Hop.

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Naw, I'm greedy and want all the money to myself. Besides, it is MY daughter they will be fighting over. But, I will give you a free pass Hop. Ok, I can handle that, now we just need the date.:D

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
tell her that i said i havent forgotten about the clown suit she wore when she was about 5 to lang aycock for halloween hahaha And what was little Reg at 5???:devil: :devil:

NateDawg39
03-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Ok this is my last post on THIS thread. The older man shot the boy because he was on his yard right? Well, I think that if in fact he called the cops in all those five years, dont yall think that would have influenced the boy to stay away from the older man? Shooting the boy 2 times in the chest is just over kill in my opinion. He had a grudge and wanted revenge for the tresspassing. Maybe a shot in the air would have suficed.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:41 PM
And what was little Reg at 5???:devil: :devil:

a lil sh*t hahaha

i was a ninja turtle i think...i woulda been a cowboy..but when i was little, cowboy clothes were everyday attire for me haha:D

NateDawg39
03-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh I just noticed the Link to the full story...He seems to have a mental problemn in my opinion and that should be taken into consideration by everyone.

mustang04
03-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh I just noticed the Link to the full story...He seems to have a mental problemn in my opinion and that should be taken into consideration by everyone.
so if he had a menbtal problem, and that boy kept harrassing him...THATS F'D UP...thats like pickin on someone in a wheelchair.... :mad: :mad:

NateDawg39
03-21-2006, 01:46 PM
so if he had a menbtal problem, and that boy kept harrassing him...THATS F'D UP...thats like pickin on someone in a wheelchair.... :mad: :mad: Ok so one more....I highly doubt the boy was calling him names and making fun of him...probably just "walking"!!

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 01:47 PM
If I read the same story I didn't see where he was mental.

NateDawg39
03-21-2006, 01:48 PM
If I read the same story I didn't see where he was mental. Just my opinion.

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Just my opinion. Hey no problem. Every person has a right to their opinion. Not saying either one is right or wrong.

lepfan
03-21-2006, 02:27 PM
He had the option of calling 9-1-1 for 5 years to have the official men and women take care of the problem.:mad: I am not saying what he did was right....BUT, think about it...he may have called to have this taken care of for the past 5 years....I really doubt it got to this level without him making numersous complaints...

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
WOW!!!BUT HOW ABOUT THEM BLUEDEVILS

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
WOW!!!BUT HOW ABOUT THEM BLUEDEVILS :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 03:43 PM
I shouldnt have said that my bad im sorry guys seriously!

clayton7
03-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Tho bottom line is that there are many other ways to solve issues than resorting to murder. Thats just not right.

mustang04
03-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
WOW!!!BUT HOW ABOUT THEM BLUEDEVILS

dude...ur taking my idea.....

i did that about 3 days ago on a thread that was getting very heated, then i just posted a post about Lebron James and the Cav's...TOTALLY random hahaha