PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Ags in the know

BTEXDAD
03-21-2006, 08:48 AM
What's up with Dixie Chicken?
I saw advertisement in local paper about auction of Dixie chicken stuff coming up this weekend. Says to be "overstock" sale, but seems to include almost everything. Tables, chairs, cookers, signs, mounted animals, etc... etc....
Is this just a remodeling? Place would seem different without all the old furniture and decorations.

GATAPride77
03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Might be Dixie Chicken Inc. which includes many bars, clubs and restraunts one of which is The Dixie Chicken. Don Ganter the owner, died last year so there may be some re-shuffling of sorts.

zeus63
03-21-2006, 11:34 AM
I hope the Dixie Chicken isn't selling out. That used to be one of my favorite places to go hand out wen I was still in school.

Brahma73
03-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Same group owns Chicken Oil Co. and others. Word is they in fact are NOT selling out, just remodeling / facelifting, etc.

Bulldog_12
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, there is no way they are selling out. That would be the most ignorant business decision with all of the business and the legacy they have. It is probably just a remodeling job.

fb_gurl
03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
From what I understand, his girls are "cleaning house" so to speak. He has several storage places full of stuff and they are just tryin to clean up the stuff that their father bought over the years. Some stuff from the Dixie Chicken will be in there, but no talk of them closing. (Atleast that I've heard.)

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 03:10 PM
contact texags.com