PDA

View Full Version : 3A DOWN LOW***Players of the Week***???

coollampin
11-23-2002, 11:48 AM
Nominations are in order............ :p

crzyjournalist03
11-23-2002, 12:08 PM
My nomination goes out to two players: Caleb Hanie and Coy Davis. They saved Forney last night, making an unbelievable play which Forney fans will probably remember as "The Catch" forever if we go on to win state. Caleb looked like he was sacked, then out of nowhere, a football goes flying way down field, and Coy catches it diving into the endzone.

jackrabbit40
11-23-2002, 12:19 PM
My nomination goes to Caleb as well, but not just because of that play also the fourth down pass to Taylor Adams and his heads up play to come back and get the ball.

SwArMgUrL
11-23-2002, 12:37 PM
My nomination goes to Clevland Richmaond of Caldwell. He has done Caldwell good this year and I think is one of the best players in Caldwell history.

Pudlugger
11-23-2002, 12:39 PM
Byron Hayes #74 DT for La Grange, 6'3" 280lbs. A dominating and intimidating presence against a huge Trojan interior line. eek! :cool:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2002, 02:21 PM
Bellville's #2 Jess Buenger(QB) and #14 Brandt Goeke,(REC,and kicker) they together, passing and receiving, scored all of Bellville's Td's, and #14 Goeke kicked three field-goals, and two extra points. Both players are Juniors!!!!!

runninrabbit04
11-23-2002, 03:18 PM
I'd hav to say Caleb Hanie, Taylor adams, and coy davis (that order)...even tho i am from forney...if you were at the game u would agree that Caleb played a career game...he had carhage guys all over him on just about every play...and then Taylor adams for his awesome catch om the fifty...and the Davis for a great td catch going just perfect into the endzone to win it

Brahma73
11-23-2002, 07:00 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Bellville's #2 Jess Buenger(QB) and #14 Brandt Goeke,(REC,and kicker) they together, passing and receiving, scored all of Bellville's Td's, and #14 Goeke kicked three field-goals, and two extra points. Both players are Juniors!!!!!You're right on here FBB. Those two were demoralizing out there Friday night. They live only a few hundred yards from one another & they played like they'd been practicing routes in the yard all week. For those of us who were there, this MVP duo is a no-doubter!

ROCK ON BIG RED!!!

Chris Hart
11-23-2002, 07:08 PM
Patrick Miller of Burnet. He had a HUGE game today against Wharton. I don't know his stats yet, but from the way it looked on the field, he had a GREAT day!

wildstangs
11-23-2002, 07:14 PM
Mychael Carrillo - Sweetwater 195 yards rushing
Jack Squires - Sweetwater 150 yards rushing
Caleb Campbell- Perryton, it would be easier for me to tell you what this guy didnt do.

topdawg
11-23-2002, 07:32 PM
i also have to go with patrick miller of burnet, i think it was one of his best games of the year!!!

jcastor
11-23-2002, 07:44 PM
wildstangs:
Mychael Carrillo - Sweetwater 195 yards rushing
Jack Squires - Sweetwater 150 yards rushing
Caleb Campbell- Perryton, it would be easier for me to tell you what this guy didnt do.Thanks for giving Campbell some respect, he truly is an amazing kid...Carrillo played an awesome game...Period...He ran all over our defense that had dominated teams all year...Hats of to him on a great performance...

I vote for Campbell and Carrillo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eye of the tiger
11-23-2002, 08:28 PM
PLayer of the week.
Hanie from Forney. Keeping his cool on that TD pass was incredible.

Posters of the week. PPHS, Sinton66 TFINT and the venerable Old Card, for timely, informative, and creative posts.

Bellville22
11-24-2002, 12:05 AM
The neighbors from Bellville, Buenger and Goeke, certainly put on a show Friday night. It was basically "you run as fast as you can, I'll throw it as far as I can, you jump over the guy and catch it." about 5 times. Although they were both impressive, I'll lean to Goeke over co-winners, simply because he hit 3 VERY CRUCIAL field goals, the biggest being a 40-yrder late that made it a two-score game. Throw in the 150 or so yds of recieving and a TD and he's my POTW.

FormerBellvilleBrahma- If I'm not mistaken, Bryant had one of the TD recepts. on a screen pass(by the way, where has that been all year?). Not that it matters, just don't want to take anything away from him, he's been playing his ass off, especially for somewhat of a slumping Gobert.

ltrain4800
11-24-2002, 12:51 AM
i have to give it to bellville's #6 josh(jobow) bryant.he reminds me of barry sanders

aamove
11-24-2002, 12:53 AM
I agree with Eye of the Tiger, Hanie proved that he can stay in the game, even when under a lot of pressure.
My nomination for poster of the week would be Eye of the Tiger. Always a classy poster and represents Commerce well.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-24-2002, 02:34 AM
I vote for Joseph "Big Red" Bryant from Jasper, I lost count before the first half was over on how many tackles and sacks he had. He made Billy Pittman run for his life!!!

exbccards76'smom
11-24-2002, 02:42 AM
I would to nominate the whole Bridge City Defensive line. They came up with the big plays tonight to help get us the win. Good game guys, we are proud of you!!! :D :D :D

phoenix
11-24-2002, 02:55 AM
Don't know the stats, but Chandler Dane of Decatur had an awesome game both passing and running.

Tiny
11-24-2002, 03:02 AM
Ty Winstead the is player of many weeks, He is a special kid that I probably won't ever see the likes of again. Thanks for the memories Ty. We Love you and will always remember #11 You are a Special young man.
Bandara 31 carries 276 yds 5 TDs
Poteet 30 carries for 244 yds 5 TDs
Yoakum 41 carries 198 yds 1TD
These are the games that I will always remember. 2002 Final stats are:
291 carries- 1523yds 25 TDs Not Bad

Thanks Ty Dog We will miss you.
Bryan Deborah Autin54 and Aaron McComas

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Tiny ]</small>

htownfbman
11-24-2002, 04:33 AM
i would also have to say Patrick Miller from Burnet, he made wharton's defense look silly with the way he was breaking tackles and just basically running at will against them.

repeat2002
11-24-2002, 05:50 AM
My vote goes to Chandler Dane, Brian Christian and the Offensive Line for Decatur and Ryan Shierry for Iowa Park. If IP doesn't have Shierry, the Eagles walk to the Regional round. Instead, the Eagles' hat goes off to that young man. Not the biggest, strongest or fastest running back the've seen, but a heck of a competitor. Also, great job OL - you took a lot of abuse last week - way to rebound - and isn't it a lot of fun to be playing Thanksgiving week.

bd0707
11-24-2002, 08:30 AM
Patrick Miller from Burnet. 250yds. on 23 carries with 3 td's.

BBULL20
11-24-2002, 08:55 AM
Total agreement with Formerbellvillebrahma & Brahma73. They have my votes. They are the dynamic DUO!!!! To reply to BB22, Gobert is not slumping. All year he played more of a running back role, but now he is acutally playing his position FULLBACK. He is a hell of a blocker against certain defenses. He knows his role, in this game roles change.

Go RED STORM / RED THUNDER :mad:

vet93
11-24-2002, 08:58 AM
Antonio Posey...from Ballinger. Had 185 yards on 22 carries including a 78 yard touchdown run in the first quarter.

sinfan75
11-24-2002, 09:46 AM
Sintons Bubba Heard;217yds.rushin on 11 carries and 4 tds.Also Chance Schmidt on Defense with 3 ints.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
11-24-2002, 10:21 AM
I am going to say the whole Daingerfield team. They had a remarkable win over one of if not the best programs ever in the state of Tx. These boys deserve all the credit.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2002, 10:52 AM
Gotta put my 2 cents worth in and nominate the QB from Greenwood, Dawson Wilber. Every point on the board was from him. He can throw, run and kick. Heck....I think he threw a pass and ran down the field and caught it!! LOL

Sinton_Playa 70
11-24-2002, 02:17 PM
I would have to give credit to #15 Chance Schmidt and #11 Bubba Heard of Sinton. Chance had an awesome night on Friday with his picks. Just wish he could've picked off those passes for TD's as well. But they gotta score sometime. Bubba did a great job of running the ball as he has done all year. I think he has stepped up alot since the beginning of the season. He knew what kind of role he had to play on this team and he has made a great impact. I think the main credit though has to go to the O Line though when it comes to Bubba's running. #64 Ben Lamb, #78 Francine Mungia, #50 Zach Guerra, #68 T.J. Tijerina, #74 Fred Rodriguez...these boys have done a great job pass blocking for Adrian and also on downfield blocking whenever Bubba gets the ball.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

ballhog65
11-24-2002, 02:41 PM
i would have to say nick clark of everman
he dominated wylie and had 4 sacks and many more tackles
he is by far the best defensive end in the state
good luck everman

ballhog65
11-24-2002, 03:10 PM
i would have to say nick clark
He dominated wylie and had 4 sacks and many more tackles.
He is the best defensive end in 3A and maybe the state.

Bellville22
11-24-2002, 06:14 PM
To BBULL20:

Sorry if I offended you about Gobert. Don't get me wrong, he's a hell of a back, and running very well, as well as blocking. It just seems like he's not quite back to 100% after the knee. You're right, the change in offense utilizing him more as a true FB probably has something to do w/ what I'm seeing, just seems like he was a bit more explosive about mid-season. Although that was pretty sweet when he steam-rolled Bo the other night. My apologies, I don't doubt his talent or ablility to carry this team when he needs to, and I'm still sure he can play at the next level.

eighterman
11-24-2002, 06:24 PM
Repeat 2002

Could not agree with you more. Dane and Christian were awesome but much of that was because of the protection the O-line gave him. I can only remember one time he was really forced to hurry and throw. Give him that much time and he will pick you apart especially with our core of receivers. Also hats off to McKinney for his ability to pick up the blitzes. I personally would just like to say thanks to the coached and players for the excitement they have brought back to Decatur. No matter what happens from here on out we will be grateful. But hey you've gone this far might as well make it another week. Go get 'em eagles and good luck against sweetwater.

BBULL20
11-24-2002, 06:29 PM
BB22 :cool:
No apology necessary dude!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

"Destination: STATE"

Big Tarp 74
11-24-2002, 07:53 PM
I would have to give the entire Tarpon football team the player of the week award. They played as a team, and won as a team. Great Game guys. Go Big Blue. eek!

54BLACK
11-26-2002, 11:51 PM
Definately Ty Winstead of LH...that boy has done so much for his team, and he never gave up Saturday even though the refs were making it hard. And Drew Escamilla is still the man. Good job guys, I am so proud of you! wink

Brahmas20bro
11-27-2002, 09:57 AM
BEING A FORMER FOOTBALL PLAYER, INSTEAD OF CAUSING A DIVISION IN A TEAM BY DECIDING WHO IS THE BEST PLAYER, WHY NOT ENCOURAGE THEM. BELLVILLE IS A HELL OF A TEAM, ALL OF THEM FROM THE ONES INJURIED TO ONES PLAYING WEEK AFTER WEEK. I THINK AS PARENTS/FAMILY WE TEND TO OPEN OUR MOUTHS AND SAY THINGS THAT CAUSE DIVISON RATHER ENCOURAGE OUR TEAM/KIDS. TO ALL OF THOSE WHO PLAYED AND ARE STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU GUYS CAUSE NO GAME CAN BE WON WITH JUST ONE PLAYER BUT AS A TEAM. ON THAT FEILD YOU GUYS ARE ALL BROTHES SO BOND AND DONT ALLOW THE SIDELINE GOSSIP TO DETOUR YOU FROM YOUR GOALS.

P.S. BELLVILLE I KNOW YOU HAVE THE POTIENTAL TO MAKE TO STATE, I DO, PLAY TO BEST OF YOUR ABILITY AND WITH ALL YOUR HEART THAT IS ALL YOU CAN DO AND ASK FOR.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-27-2002, 02:01 PM
eye of the tiger:
PLayer of the week.
Hanie from Forney. Keeping his cool on that TD pass was incredible.

Posters of the week. PPHS, Sinton66 TFINT and the venerable Old Card, for timely, informative, and creative posts.Hey EOTT, thanks for the props. I am honored. :D

54BLACK
11-27-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey Brahmas, you have got a great point, it takes every player on the field to make that person look good too. Thanks for pointing that out. To all LH football guys, don't be down about the game Sat. each one of you has incredible heart and are incredible players and you are starting an awesome tradition at our school! I love you all!

PigSkinPicker
11-27-2002, 11:05 PM
Ok, I guess I will say it. WHAT ABOUT MARLIN. Nobody gives Marlin's players any credit. I guess it is hard to pick one MVP of the team since there are so many. You have Freeman #7 that can throw and pass with confidence, you have Smith #2 that if healthy would be breaking all the records, but still is playing hard. Wrighter #4 that can plow over any line and burn you in the open field. You have Richardson #5 that can shake, spin, and burn many defenders. And of course dont forget our Defense that stops many great offenses to low yardage and a Offensive line that can make a hole out when needed. I think the whole team should be Team of the week. Watch out LaGrange. GO DOGS