PDA

View Full Version : BASS tourny results

JasperDog94
03-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, here are the details:

If I could have picked one angler to fish with, it would have been Gerald Swindle. That dude is hysterical on Bass Tech and in every interview I see him in. And that's who I drew. Little did I know that he was going to sight fish all day. Whenever he'd see one, he'd just double back and spend 20-30 minutes trying to catch it. That left me in the back of the boat making the same casts to places where there were no fish. I blanked for the day.

But the biggest disappointment for the day was his language. I thought I was fishing with Ike when he lost a couple of fish. F bombs were all too prevelant for my taste. I understand that you get frustrated and I'm not trying to come across as "holier than thou" but come on man.:(

Things got better on day 2 when I was fishing with David Gliebe. We were fishing in shallow water (2-5 feet) and making casts to buck brush when I caught my first keeper of the day. It was a 3 1/2 pounder! Not bad. I thought at least I would get to walk across the stage on day 2, if nothing else. That was a huge relief.

Then came the question that I didn't want to hear. "Hey, what'd you use to catch that fish? You got any more?":doh:

I caught that bass on a tomatoe shad fluke. And the bag was sitting out on the back deck. "Uh...sure. Here you go." What else are you going to say? I caught two more fish during the day (only one was a keeper) and Dave proceeded to catch 3 keepers on that fluke I gave him.

Oh well. My main objective was to learn. And I did learn a lot. It was cool talking to guys like:

Greg Hackney
KVD
Marty Stone
Skeete Reese
Jerry McKinnis (sp?)
Mark Zona
Shaw Grigsby
Edwin Evers (great guy)
Rick Clunn (not a heavy talker)

All the heavyweights were there. I'd do it again given the time and money. I'll have to post pictures later.

Spivey, it was pretty awesome see the old high school and all those $50,000 bass boats all lined up.:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Wow, man, that's awesome... hope you had a great time... they have a tournament down around here this weekend, don't think any of those guys will be there though...

You need to take me fishing... I won't drop f-bombs? Maybe a "son of a biscuit" or something?

JasperDog94
03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah. I guess I should tell you how I fared. I weighed 2 bass the second day for a total of 5 pounds 2 ounces. That placed me in 89th out of 106. I really wanted to make the top 50 and fish the 3rd day, but it just wasn't meant to be.

spiveyrat
03-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear that Gerald "front-ended" you. That stinks. :( I had seen on the Bassmaster site that you zeroed on day one and I suspected that might have been what happened.

I can not believe that a pro was asking YOU for baits. :rolleyes: Even so, sounds like it was a real neat experience. :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
03-21-2006, 08:39 AM
If you ever get the opportunity, take it.

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If you ever get the opportunity, take it.

I was sure hoping you were gonna win that boat and have to add on to the garage....next time though!

Glad you had a good time.:)

DaRaiderz
03-21-2006, 06:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/elite/news/story?page=b_tourn_Elite_Rayburn_Day3_co-angler-gamer

That is a Rice Consolidated alumni who won this thing.

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Was Gerald pretty cool you did fish with him right or did i read wrong?

JasperDog94
03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Was Gerald pretty cool you did fish with him right or did i read wrong? He was very funny, but way too foul mouthed for my taste.

injuredinmelee
03-22-2006, 05:35 PM
what the ____ did he say that made you so __ ____ mad and talking ____ about him.

Ill fill in the blanks for you dirty minded dlowers...
Heck
dad
burned
smack.

Not saying anything negative about Jasper's post at all I just wanted to play this little word game.

JasperDog94
03-22-2006, 05:36 PM
I wish you were correct.;)